It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama did great, but McCain hit the home runs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I can see why he "had" to do it. With people thinking he's Muslim and a anti-Christ he really had to try and show people he's a Christian.

Shouldn't a Christian take a man for his word. Ie. If he said he's not a Muslim then he's not. I'm not a Muslim or know much about that Religion but I don't think its a good thing to be a Muslim and go out telling people your not. I'm sure thats a big no no in that religion.

And....I think the bigger question is, What's wrong with being a Muslim.

Back to the topic at hand.

I was extremely unhappy with Mccain's answer to the question of greatest moral failure.

Answer: MY GREATEST MORAL FAILING, AND I HAVE BEEN A VERY IMPERFECT PERSON IS THE FAILURE OF MY FIRST MARRIAGE

What happened Johnny, Please tell me, why did it fail. I'm sure the crowd and the people at home would have liked to hear what your greatest moral failure is.

Straight Talk Express..lol...Wouldn't it be great if the questions of the world could be answered with one word and one liners..

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer

You tell me, Obama is the one that lied about it, so he's the one that's ashamed of the Muslim religion, not us.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The only grand slam Obama got was at Denny's. He did ok but McCain stoled the show.

McCain played the questions to his advantage .

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADisbeliever

You tell me, Obama is the one that lied about it, so he's the one that's ashamed of the Muslim religion, not us.

Are you a Christian?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
It was a home run. Yes.
But Obama's was a grand slam.

I couldn't agree more!
I am more certain of my support for Obama than ever. The fact that he thought about the questions and answered them with real answers instead of spouting talking points ("Drill here! Drill now"!) speaks volumes to me.

Even though Pastor Warren asked several times that the candidates not give their stump speeches, McCail clearly couldn't come up with original answers.

McCain Relied on Stock Answers

Almost none of the lines or stories were new, but McCain jumped from sharp, brief answers to weaving through his tried-and-true anecdotes, many of which his audience, and Warren, seemed to have never heard before.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
As an independent I feel alot better about McCain. When I was polled in June over the phone I declined and said i was undecided. I have decided today. I think McCain has came inline with the center. I really liked his performance.

Obama is still a good man tho but he REALLY needs to go to the center if he wants to win.

Obama Really needs to work on his stuttering. When there is no telaprompt Every third word is uhmm and ahhh.

Its VERY FREAKIN annoying.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
("Drill here! Drill now"!)

Do you see his face every time he gets a chance to scream "Drill here, Drill Now!". Its like a 40 year old virgin about to get some...lol..he looks so excited.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Ah, yes. Just what we need for a president... A "player" who "takes advantage" to "win"...

I'd actually rather have an honest, intelligent thinker, myself.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Ah, yes. Just what we need for a president... A "player" who "takes advantage" to "win"...

I think it's a wee bit naive to think that Obama hasn't done or does the same.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADisbeliever

Are you a Christian?

Agnostic

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ADisbeliever

Thanks for your Reply but since you are Agnostic I don't think you fully understand the beliefs of a true Christian. Read what I said again..

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by jsobecky
For those interested, transcripts of the sessions are available here:

www.rickwarrennews.com...

I thought the most interesting question asked was "Which Supreme Court Justice would you have not nominated"?

Obama: Clarence Thomas

McCain: Ruth Bader-Ginsburg, David Souter, Breyer, Stevens

your right.... mccain wants to eliminate all judges that are not right-wing, obama wants to eliminate 1 judge that doesn't have the intellectual "chops" needed for the job. is this mccains great judgement of charecter?

Pardon me. SCJ Clarence Thomas doesn't have the "chops" for the job. Ha!! He's got the "chops" to handle anyone on this site. You obviously haven't read his book or listened to interviews.

He has come a long way since his childhood, pulling himself up by his own bootstraps, educated himself, and is now a Justice of the Supreme Court.

Clarence Thomas would get my vote for any position in this country.

Obama's choice of Clarence Thomas as someone he believes should not be on the court, seals the deal for me. Could the problem with Judge Thomas be that he is a self made person, and not from the Jesse Jackson crowd of "victims?? Judge Thomas has walked the walk, while Obama is still learning to talk the talk. Obama's got a lot of nerve. His inexperience/agenda is showing.

Jimmyx, you've lost all credibility with me, sorry. He could have chosen any other "conservative" justice and I would not have had a problem with it. Justice Clarence Thomas is an American all of us should be proud of. If you don't think so, so be it.

Chalk up one more vote for McCain.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

And who might that be. Both of these guys are straight out of their parties playbook. The last original thinker we had as President, took one to the head.

Play by the book or be gone.

"Honest, intelligent thinker" geez, I haven't seen one of them in a long time. Ron Paul, maybe????

Both of these gentlemen would be happy to lead us down the road to the NWO, not giving it a second thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I rather have a player rather than somebody who can't give his own opinion.

Above my Pay Grade-Obama 08

What other questions are above his pay grade?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So if he'd answered "14.5 seconds after sperm penetrates the egg" what would you think then?

Let me share what I would think - that he was an arrogant person speaking of something for which he does not have the definitive answer. That he was a joke for thinking he knew the answer to something that no one else on Earth (even the scientists who dedicate their lives to such areas of research) knows.

I think his answer to that question was the most appropriate answer I have heard a politician state.

Besides - abortion, same-sex marriage, etc. - they have no place in a presidential election process. We've got weighty matters of economic and geopolitical natures that we should be focusing on in order to get this country through the coming crap-storm...not on who we can take freedoms of choice away from.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by walkinghomer

I beg your pardon, I don't think you have a clue of what an understanding of religion has to do with understanding the true believes of somebody that considers itself a true Christian you may be surprise as how many true Christians seems to differ in their own personal views and faith.

I am agnostic, my spiritual believes are far away from the main stream religious norm.

In your views seems that a person like me should not talk about religion because It would not understand like a true Christian?

Guess what my father is a hard core fundamentalist and I grew up with him trust me I understand the nature of his personal true faith and I respect it.

Be careful how you generalize peoples understanding and opinions remember they are like butt holes everybody has one.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

Actually McCain did what any other politician that are in the Republican bandwagon do, agree with anything the voters wants to hear so he can score the votes.

No science just pure butt kissing routine.

At least Obama had the decency to have an honest answer to a stupid question.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
i would have to say that i felt Obama looked good in the forum, well actually they both looked good. That being said, I prefer the way Obama answered. He took his time and gave long thought out answers. I'll admit that the "above my pay grade" remark was not the best way to state it and I'm sure he already knows...

Here's what I liked:

Obama: Long answers that showed him thinking through the issue, taking all sides into account, attempting to sway those that disagree with him.

McCain: To the point, short answers, showed urgency.

That being said I don't like short answers, what McCain said to me was, "these are my beliefs and I will not sway". McCain made no attempt to justify any stances that he took, and made no attempt to sway me in my beliefs, or take my beliefs into account...

So basically, IMHO, McCain did not open himself up to new voters, while Obama explained his viewpoints in the hopes to sway voters.

Hopefully in the next forum, or debate there will be more discussion on international affairs and the economy.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I agree. I have been on the fence when it come to this election. I feel that John Mccain truly shined last night and gave people a chance to see his core and true American spirit and patriotism. I was almost proud to be an American when he stood up for some of my beliefs. If he does become elected, I most certainly think he will lead this country out of the gates of hell in which Bush has brought us to. I also think Obama is more of a fashion statement than a good candidate for president. It seems like all the yuppies and teens are Obama supporters because he is tries to be cool and hip, unfortunately he lacks true experience and original American values. I have just turned of age and I will be proud to cast my vote later this year. Just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
sorry you guys, but mccain hitting it out of the park? please...no new taxes, no abortion, everythings black and white. sounds like bush II. yup nothing to ponder, no need to consider all sides. why is it so wrong to have a president that is thoughtful, a president that considers all positions before making a decision, a president wanting to gather all the information out there before making a judgement as what is best for the ENTIRE nation rather then for a select group on the right. pandering to his base is what best decribed last night for mccain

I disagree with Senator McCain on quite a few issues. In fact, I think he's the kind of candidate that most people disagree with at least 25 per cent of the time.... And, like it or not, that's actually one of his greatest strengths. He's honestly and truly a non-partisan centrist.

You seem to want a president who "considers all positions before making a decision" and who looks out for the nation's best interest rather than some extreme interest group on either side of the aisle. That's what McCain would be.

Barrack Obama, meanwhile, has never worked with conservatives or compromised his extreme liberal positions for any substantive issue in his short time in the political arena. He won't stray from his hard left roots, even when new circumstances and new information proves the need to go against his ideology - look to his refusal to drill for oil or to acknowledge the success of the troop surge in Iraq, for example.

Obama is one of the most egregious panderers I've ever seen. That he will so brazenly state one position on an issue in front of one interest group just days (or even hours) before stating opposite view in front of another is shocking in the age of YouTube and the 24-hour news cycle. McCain, on the other hand, rarely misrepresents his stances on the issues for political expediency. His courage in speaking out against ethanol before the Iowa primary and his stubborn support of the amnesty bill despite millions of Americans speaking out against it are two examples of this.

McCain is honest. I don't really like him, but at least I can respect him, and I'm increasingly more convinced that I'll be able to do the right thing and vote for him in November.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by AntiCensorship]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join