It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI: It's been illegal to boycott Israel since 1977

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

A law passed by the U.S. Congress in 1977 prohibits all U.S. persons, defined to include individuals and companies located in the United States and their foreign affiliates, from supporting the boycott of Israel and provides penalties for those who willingly comply with the boycott. The B.I.S. website states: "Conduct that may be penalized under the TRA and/or prohibited under the EAR includes:

Agreements to refuse or actual refusal to do business with or in Israel or with blacklisted companies.

Wiki Source

For those who deny there is widescale Israeli involvement in our government, your answer to this would be?

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Scorched Earth]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A lot of people try to say "O NOES ANTISEMITISM" if you say anything about Israel... that's a huge load of bull. Why are so many of our top heads in office ISRAELI CITIZENS? Why do we give them 3 billion dollars a year when we can't afford our debt as it is. Why do they have the 2nd strongest air force in the world?

Nothing to do with racism, we shouldn't be babysitting any country. Especially not by force and laws like that, it's beyond ridiculous. There's a lot more to it than they want us to think

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's been impossible to actually boycott Israel (if you live in America) since we opened up our banks to them.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Very true about the banks. The only solution is to stop using banks all together.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think that law is a great law. I think we should take them under our wing and protect them at all cost regardless of the circumstances and that we should give to them whatever they ask for or need. They are God's chosen people and under his protection and the only way we, in the country, will be under his protection as well is to remain their defenders and care givers come hell or high water. God bless the government for seeing the truth and making sure we comply with the truth. Since we were not the chosen people, we must serve the chosen people.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by enoughalready]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'd like to use you as my own personal porta-potty for that comment.

Israel is no friend of ours.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by enoughalready
I think that law is a great law. I think we should take them under our wing and protect them at all cost regardless of the circumstances and that we should give to them whatever they ask for or need. They are God's chosen people and under his protection and the only way we, in the country, will be under his protection as well is to remain their defenders and care givers come hell or high water. God bless the government for seeing the truth and making sure we comply with the truth. Since we were not the chosen people, we must serve the chosen people.

Are you F-n serious? I am really starting to hate the bible because so many idiots use it to say sh*t like that! Israel has NOTHING to do with "God" the bible wasn't written by God it was written by Racist Sexist Incestuous people that worshiped another pagan god, or series of gods, and copied half the old testament off of Egyptian Pharaohs!

Please, do us all a favor if you're a big bible "take it all literal" kinda person. Watch Ring of Power on google video, you'll learn some things. If nothing else you'll hopefully find out if you're even able to wake up from the brainwashing or not

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jomie-ky

Why would you say that I am brainwashed when God himself declared Israel his chosen people... man did not choose them, God did. You don't go against God and that is something that our government knew and thankfully still knows.

They are protecting Israel for the right purpose and ultimately they are protecting this country through THAT law from God's wrath. I am not sure how that would make me brainwashed when it is fact.

Don't hate the Bible my friend. The Bible brings love, light, and hope to this world. Embrace it and live it and you will be filled with light of Jesus' love for everyone. We are all human and all equal and the same. The only exception is the exception God made, which is Israel.. They are special and should be treated with the utmost respect.

To SE, I love you regardless of your mean spirited post. It hurt my feelings but I understand that you are not filled with God's love and hope that one day you will come see the light of love that can set you free of your anger

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
My grandfather (god rest in peace) was a long shoreman -- and a hard-working American. He lived through WWI and WWII and died when I was only two years old....

Apparently, on his hospital bed dying he said this:

"Supporting Israel is the biggest mistake America has ever made."

And now, 23 years later we are reaping the "results".

Screw the Zionists, the fundamentalists, and people brainwashed with a "holy cause"

We as a people need to unite, understand our one, ultimate and universal goal --

Preservation of humanity.

We as a species need to claim our right to exist.

Sadly, however, we have done a very poor job as of late to justify our existance.

We create our own downfall each day....God help us all...

[edit on 17-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

They are God's chosen people...

If "God" thinks they are more important to him then myself or others around the world, then I disown him.

Sort of makes you wonder which "God" has "chosen" them, too...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Enoughalready - Thanks for replying to my hastily written somewhat annoyed post with decency, I really respect that, you aren't what I assumed by your first post.

I'm tired of anyone and everyone taking everything they think they know as 100% fact. The media spreads lies, our government lies (we all know that) and it's a fact, big religion spreads a lot of lies (not all religion or people, but much of it does, and that makes it look bad on the rest sometimes). I hear a lot of people deny fact and just say "God said this" etc, and it really feels like a way to be willfully ignorant and bugs me to death sometimes =p

Part of my pain comes cause I was raised in a Christian church, and after years of research I really feel like I and everyone else has been lied to. I really don't think God would care more for one race of people than another, or for a certain piece of land on the entire earth to be dedicated to people that have gone above the law and killed countless thousands of innocent people in their own acts of terrorism and brute force. No country in the world is perfect, but Israel is one of the furthest from it, while the bible and the media act like it's a special innocent place that just gets picked on. There are reasons many countries and world leaders despise us for our overdone support of Israel, the Bible is pretty irrelevant on the subject, it was written by men with their own motives and beliefs that don't reflect much of what Christians today believe.

We can agree to disagree here, I just try to look at facts and find out what's really true, instead of believing what I was taught when I was young. There's a world of difference between fact and belief.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by jomie-ky]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I like how you ignored what he said and refused to accept that you really are brainwashed, to believe in complete blind faith that the being "God" is there watching over us to reclaim only 144000 on mount Zion according to your holy book, revelations by John?

Don't preach message of peaceable gods to me I prayed and asked questions only to later be thrown aside to a dark mood for reason I struggle to find, God disowned you on page 3 of genesis, if you actually read the thing you would understand what I'm saying here.

Religion is the cause of this mess to begin with, not just christian brainwashees but muslim jew shik mason buddist or pagan or even otherwise fail to see a unified picture, never mind arguing over the names of god/gods/G_d

And one final point, God is supposed to judge not you right? So please stop judging and preaching that he will save us, for a start "he" is blasphemous as you simply don't know what gender if any could be described of god, you believe self riotously that you will be saved and we will be cast into a pit of fire for all eternity, are we not already in a bad place why fire and lava? And then on top of it all you went and said the Israeli's own your holy land and there I was thinking they we're still killing each other in the Gaza strip over land and whatnot while you preach at me that I'll be saved by your god. I'd rather kill myself twice than kneel before "he".

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would just like to know one thing. Who the *SNIP*
starred "enoughalready's" first post?? If you are gonna agree with that crap, can you at least come forward and say WHY you agree instead of being a coward and hiding behind the "stars"? It is driving me nuts not knowing.

edited to add: alright, I noticed the second star go up people and now I am getting scared that there are at the very least two idiots who can agree with such a retarded view. Wipe up your drool and step forward already!!

[edit on 17-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jomie-ky

Are you F-n serious? I am really starting to hate the bible because so many idiots use it to say sh*t like that! Israel has NOTHING to do with "God" the bible wasn't written by God it was written by Racist Sexist Incestuous people that worshiped another pagan god, or series of gods, and copied half the old testament off of Egyptian Pharaohs!

Please, do us all a favor if you're a big bible "take it all literal" kinda person. Watch Ring of Power on google video, you'll learn some things. If nothing else you'll hopefully find out if you're even able to wake up from the brainwashing or not

Actually, it's when people take bits and pieces of the bible that causes problems, not when they take the WHOLE thing.

Here's two for all the "Israel First" Christians out there. Please note that it is Jesus, a jew, who is saying this to John.

Both are from the KJV (emphasis mine)

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

This, for Christians, is enough biblical proof that there are some who claim to be Jews that aren't. The question is: Who are the ones that are lying? I have my own opinions on that. But just remember this: People native to that area ARE NOT WHITE (CAUCASIAN)! What color are the majority of people in Israel that say they are Jewish again?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I had to stop here, "Gods chosen people"? How so? Because we stole land from a native people (Again.) and gave it away to someone else? I cant stand people who so fervently defend Israel. Israel is a snake in the grass.

If what happened to the Palestinians were to happen to you, I doubt you'd be singing the same tune. What if Mexico decided to give a giant chunk of the USA to Argentina? And this chunk of the USA happened to be where you and your whole family lives?

Just an example.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth

A law passed by the U.S. Congress in 1977 prohibits all U.S. persons, defined to include individuals and companies located in the United States and their foreign affiliates, from supporting the boycott of Israel and provides penalties for those who willingly comply with the boycott. The B.I.S. website states: "Conduct that may be penalized under the TRA and/or prohibited under the EAR includes:

Agreements to refuse or actual refusal to do business with or in Israel or with blacklisted companies.

Wiki Source

For those who deny there is widescale Israeli involvement in our government, your answer to this would be?

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Scorched Earth]

Now to the topic at hand, this has to be the most ridiculous thing Ive heard since "Bigfoot was standing right behind me at my millitary base blah blah blah...".
I guess the only freedom of choice citizens have is the choices that the government makes for us.

I feel sick...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Imagine that. A government run by evangelical lobbyists demanding that you love israel? I'm speechless.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

We are all 'Gods' chosen - whatever/wherever that God may be.

All is one and connected, there are no hierarchy...except in delusional egos perspective.

Are all people not worthy of protection from the atrocities of the ego.

Isnt it the 'us vs. them' that makes things the way they are in the world now?
The very fact that the polar opposites are blind to see that something bigger connects the two extremes?

It would appear that, due to freedom of choice, (if you can call it that), some people like to give their freedom away. Its easier to be led then to lead, (yourself), and in this manner one can always put the blame on someone else when something doesnt work right in their life - instead of ponying up and taking the responsibility for their own actions, (or non-action).

If God has a chosen people - then let God take care of them.
This whole bit about land is ridiculous, as an example. If God so much wants someone to have a desert land - then let Him/Her/It, drop out of the sky and deliver it to them.

As it is, its just egoic kindergarten illusions which keep the struggle alive.
The world is so large and yet we have issues of overcrowding and lack of food.
Those are not real issues - its just to show how dysfunctional the egoic state of humankind is not to be wise enough to spread out and improve how they go about spreading the resources between them.

In the end its about control - you mentioned you must serve the chosen people.
Server who you may...its your right, but I do believe its time we serve ourselves.

True the above statement is lost in words which can easily be taken the wrong way.
Words are pointers, and can easily be lost in the translation that our mental grid system makes after hearing them. Again, our mental grid system is developed by the influence of our milieu.

So when one says 'love yourself', etc. - it is misperceived as something negative and 'wrong'.

"The finger pointing to the moon is not the moon." Look past the words to where they are pointing.

So chosen smozen...you are what you do.
If people want to play that game, trust me, noone (not even 'god') will take it away from them. (Though the collective universe wants to evolve, and those who dont...will be left behind.)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Back to the topic; I found this from www.unknownnews.net...

A Missouri company has been fined $6,000 for not reporting a customer's question to the federal government. The question that's punished by law is: Are any of these products made in Israel, or made of Israeli materials?

If they really are god's chosen people, god's name must be Lucifer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join