It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning Mars Express Picture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

It looks a little like a reflection -- However, the "reflection" does not match up exactly with what is supposedly being reflected.

It does so only superficially.

[edit on 12/28/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
However, the "reflection" does not match up exactly with what is supposedly being reflected.

The following reflection doesn't match up exactly with what is supposedly being reflected also. But, you can agree that it is a photo of a lake of water reflecting a mountain, correct?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3265c63b4e94.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
truely, i was not making fun. but you see what i mean?

in the link pic there is something that, to me, looks like a hotel, lol.

just fun to think about.

but! i would never seriously contend that it is or even suggest a "building" with
a specific purpose.

think a travel agency could clean up on a 5-day 4-nite package?
with breakfast buffet included of course.

From the original right side up photo there is a city and structures in the

background. You can see the architecture and these are not natural

formations. These are calculated and Martian made structures that you will

not see right away at first glance. You must bend and distort the image to

get a better look at what is actually there. We have been lied to over and

over again of what is actually beneath and on the surface of Mars. ^Y^

[edit on 29-12-2009 by amari]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
However, the "reflection" does not match up exactly with what is supposedly being reflected.

The following reflection doesn't match up exactly with what is supposedly being reflected also. But, you can agree that it is a photo of a lake of water reflecting a mountain, correct?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3265c63b4e94.jpg[/atsimg]

In that picture you posted of the Earth mountain and lake, I can associate all the features in the reflection with a feature in the mountain. I can't do that with the upside-down Mars picture.

You can do that with some of the features in the Mars picture, but that's only because (looking at the photo right-side-up) some of the features at the top of that plateau are directly connected to some of the alluvial features on the side of the cliff.

Perhaps the features (on the right-side-up photo) on the top of the plateau and down the cliff face were made by ancient flowing water.

[edit on 12/29/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Cut off the mountain peaks and there is no direct correlation. I.E. in the ripples of the water near the edge. Hence, if the mars picture has any disturbance on the water, then you aren't going to get a true mirrored image.

Plus, the camera that took the photo on earth was less than a few hundred feet away. The mars photo is from thousands of feet away zoomed in.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeeDee
Its on the European Space Agencies images site
www.esa.int...
There ya go for original images

Graham

[edit on 16-8-2008 by GeeDee]

Go to the largest enlarged photo you will see this is what I call the Z5 Region

and you will see a huge perfect letter Z and below a perfect large number 5.

You will also see manufactured equipment and vehicles take your time you will

be able to see in 3D. There also is a road network in place go to enlarged

photo and there a duplicate anomalies in the photo. ^Y^

[edit on 29-12-2009 by amari]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
You don't have to worry about the authenticity or accuracy as these images are ALL digital and thus all based on a small measure of deductive work.

A newsflash: these days, ALL pictures are digital and undergo sophisticated processing in a powerful CPU in the camera, be it point-and-shoot Samsung or a professional Canon Mark IV. My kids still look just like my kids on the prints

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Also the green run off down the side of the cliff on the left side of the picture also looks much more natural than the orignal upended view,
where is the z5 region as i cant see anything like buildings on there

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
"It looks a little like a reflection -- However, the "reflection" does not match up exactly with what is supposedly being reflected."

I personally would have said its less of a reflection and more of a continuation of the cliff that can be seen under the "water" line but good point none the less.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Have been looking at other images of this picture and have just found this explanation of the picture

In this handout image supplied by the European Space Agency (ESA) on July 16, 2008, The Echus Chasma, one of the largest water source regions on Mars, is pictured from ESA's Mars Express. The data was acquired on September 25, 2005. An impressive cliff, up to 4000 m high, is located in the eastern part of Echus Chasma. Gigantic water falls may once have plunged over these cliffs on to the valley floor. The remarkably smooth valley floor was later flooded by basaltic lava.

strange coincidence in bold and underlined

and heres the website it came from

www.zimbio.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeDee

Yeah -- but the people who are claiming "lake with reflection" are looking at the image upside-down. What they call a reflection at the bottom at the cliff in the upside-down picture are actually channels on the plateau on top of the cliff when viewed right-side-up.

Those channels on top of the cliff are the channels that were perhaps formed by ancient rivers flowing over that cliff.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thats assuming the picture was released the correct way up of course

and not slightly altered so that 95% of people would see it and accept it the way it is.

"Hidden in plain sight" could be apt here.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Thats assuming the picture was released the correct way up of course

and not slightly altered so that 95% of people would see it and accept it the way it is.

"Hidden in plain sight" could be apt here.

I know you're half-kidding, but the picture makes more sense viewed the way ESA intended rather than viewing it turn 180 degrees...

...Alluvial fans don't form upside down, as they are seen to be in the "turned around" picture. Those alluvial fans tell me that the ESA's orientation of the photo is correct.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

"It looks a little like a reflection -- However, the "reflection" does not match up exactly with what is supposedly being reflected."

I personally would have said its less of a reflection and more of a continuation of the cliff that can be seen under the "water" line but good point none the less.

that's what i see when i look at it flipped also.

hey, ...
now they can say... " well , we did release an image of one of the martian beaches, but it was mistakenly released upside down and we didnt catch it."

really though,
no one can say.

if they try to say they can...
that handy ignore feature works well for people who state unknowns as absolutes. lol

cool thread, nice find..... regardless of what it really is. lol

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If they are indeed alluvial fans soylent green then thats a very good answer thanks for that.
Its still an upside down beach though hehe

if any of you lot fancy a swim ive just bought one of that mad old womans lightships
we have a swim then rest under the 40000 year old trees theyve got up there
id say that beats the 30000 year old ones weve got down here
this post will resonate with at least one other member of ATS hehe

any one read any good niburu threads lately

top topics

<< 1   >>

join