It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning Mars Express Picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I've been looking at this site for a while now but have felt the need to join and post the following, it may be nothing but what the hell have a look and tell me what you think,

Have just had a look at the UK Exopolics site and have found a very interesting image on this page it is accredited to Reuters

The picture in question shows the Echus Chasm and it has been taken by the Mars Express probe
This picture doesn't look right to me so i clicked on it and saved it, i then rotated it 180 degrees and something amazing happens,
the picture looks exactly like a beach with waves breaking onto it and looks (IMO) a more believable picture,
Go easy on me as im a ATS virgin :lol
Thanks for any replies
Graham
The image is on the exopolitics website blog and is listed as
Mars images look like Earth
www.exopolitics.org.uk...!-what-really?!

[edit on 16-8-2008 by GeeDee]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
That does not even look like a photo to me, in case it is, a very retouched photo....Looks ,more like a computer rendering, or a regular ole' painting for gods sake.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well its definitely a Mars Express photograph

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Its on the European Space Agencies images site
www.esa.int...
There ya go for original images

Graham

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Please read the address bar....3-D mosaic.......aka computer rendering

esamultimedia.esa.int...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS GeeDee.

As for the picture, it's a bit more beautiful than what I would expect from Mars. Also a bit more lively. Whats up with the green color? Is that some form of oxidation?

Kinda looks like Mars was contaminated, as there was a rumor just weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The European Space Agency site states the following

The High-Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express has returned images of Echus Chasma, one of the largest water source regions on the Red Planet.
The colour scenes have been derived from the three HRSC-colour channels and the nadir channel. The perspective views have been calculated from the digital terrain model derived from the stereo channels.
This should tell you more about how the picture was made if your into this stuff.
and thanks for the welcome Dan
Graham

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
OK I usually am not the kind to believe that Mars is actually inhabitated...
But have a look on those this close up:

(very left of the pic)
[img=http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9199/esapic2gy7.th.jpg]

And yes it looks like water... It looks like a regular cliff on earh with water waves hitting it...

Probably just nice illusions though, but still worth a look!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeDee

My first thought after flipping the picture: "Holy crap! That does look like a beach!" That's pretty wild...nice find.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
thanks all for the replies thought this woulda been bigger though i thought the beach bit was stunning and a true find but never mind thanks all
Graham.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I thibnk it did not get more replies, because many people was thinking in the lines of my thoughts. Its an artist rendering, perhaps a manipulated version of an existing image. Id much prefer to see the original untouched version. Nevertheless, If the picture is TRUE, minus the photoshopping, it still is an awesome Martian landscape

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeDee
thanks all for the replies thought this woulda been bigger though i thought the beach bit was stunning and a true find but never mind thanks all
Graham.

It's not your fault at all. You should not presume that people on ATS are not as propagandized and misinformed as people anywhere else and since we have 'beautiful pictures of mars/civilization evidence' threads at the rate of one every week or two people are confused as much as they are overwhelmed.

You don't have to worry about the authenticity or accuracy as these images are ALL digital and thus all based on a small measure of deductive work. That being said i have little reason to trust NASA at this point and every reason to put my 'faith' in the ESA and anyone else who doesn't come up with obviously inaccurate red tints.

As for the 'waves' , sure, and probably floating icebergs and fauna and flora too boot.

These are just some of the lakes/ponds and some i believe to be clear evidence of submersed ice..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Either way that's a good find so keep reading. :0

Stellar

[edit on 17-8-2008 by StellarX]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Will someone please insert the picture thats linked into the thread as I still think this picture is the dogs bo***cks

and havent got a clue how to do it

its a beach for gods sake

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
and its gotta be upside down

thanks to anyone who can help

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
anybody see the hotel complex,

bottom right?

i remember that pic from the crater, at the top of the cliff.

as to the hotel, i was kidding.

but it does look like water there.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
well it is a beach so youve got to expect at least one hotel havent you?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
truely, i was not making fun. but you see what i mean?

in the link pic there is something that, to me, looks like a hotel, lol.

just fun to think about.

but! i would never seriously contend that it is or even suggest a "building" with
a specific purpose.

think a travel agency could clean up on a 5-day 4-nite package?
with breakfast buffet included of course.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It makes more sense upside down, especially with the Impact Crater so close to the edge of the cliff, unless the valley was created after the Impact, the side of the canyon wall would have blown out, point of least resistance.

Turn the picture upside down however,

And things really do make a lot more sense, not that they didn't in the first place, but to me some of it looked out of place, in a big way.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
Turn the picture upside down however,

Anyone else notice the reflection of the cliff side in the water to the left of the upside down pic?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for posting the picture which is in my mind the correct way up Azzllin.
ill have to learn how to do it for myself for the next one,
fooks and nutter your right it looks very much like water,
previously people have stated that yes its a part digitized picture but if it doesnt represent whats actually there then why do they go to the bother of doing it in the first place surely its got to represent the actual landscape or the whole thing is pointless.
I also thought that the scene looked wrong upon 1st viewing which was what made me turn the picture upside down in the first place.
Hiding things in plain sight or just over imagination? I'll leave that to the less intellectually challenged members of the forum but still it looks awfully like a water scene to me.
Thanks for taking the to have a look guys

top topics

<<   2 >>

join