It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else going through this?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

The Power of Now greatly affected me also. The came The New Earth. I am now listening to Stillness Speaks which is awesome....very awesome!

I am currently struggling with going back and forth between anger and fear at what I have learned about the world and feeling total peace and acceptance of what IS. I hope to settle on the peaceful feeling soon. But I feel like I had to go through the bad to get to the good.

I have given the book, The Power of Now to nearly everyone I know. No one gets it...WTF? How can they possibly miss the message and lessons contained in that book? Why did I get it and they miss the point completely? When I think about that, sometimes I think that this awakening is all in my head. But then I see others going through the same thing here on ATS and I feel blessed and chosen for something special.

I wish we had a category on this site concerning awakening so we could all talk about this more. It can be a very lonely journey and I would like daily company for support. Is there a certain area here for that and I have just not found it yet?

[edit on 19-8-2008 by zippy1958]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted on here and shared their experinces. I also want to say thanks for all the links and reading material everyone has given me. I probably won't be on here much for the next few days so I can have a chance to catch up on some reading and soaking all of this new info in. I hope I have plenty of new post to read when I come back. This has turned out better than I ever expected, dare I say we may have even woken up a few people.. Good flow here, keep talking.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

I have given the book, The Power of Now to nearly everyone I know. No one gets it...WTF? How can they possibly miss the message and lessons contained in that book? Why did I get it and they miss the point completely? When I think about that, sometimes I think that this awakening is all in my head. But then I see others going through the same thing here on ATS and I feel blessed and chosen for something special.

Everyone doesnt get that book because they are in a different "place" than you. There is no one right way. YOUR way, is not the right way. MY way, is not the right way. They are just the way for us, where we stand, on our path.

If I were standing in my kitchen, and you in yours, and I called you on the phone and asked you, "Where do I get the cups?" and you had never been in my kitchen, but you gave me very precise directions on how to find the cups in YOUR kitchen, I could repeat those steps over and over and over and never find a single cup.

Spiritual direction is very much the same. Everyone "stands" in a different spot, their understanding Now, comes from different cultural assumptions, beliefs, experiences, language usage, etc. No one phrase or book or spiritual tradition is going to do it for everyone.

Though Tolle's book is fantastic, it is only understandable and important for those who are ready for and need that particular message in the now, some are not yet ready for it, and it will be meaningless, and some have already assimilated that understanding and for them it is redundant. Expecting that everyone else can hear or needs to hear that bit of information right now in their lives is not reasonable. People dont need to learn how to find the cups in your kitchen, they need to know how to look for cups in general so that they can find them in their own.

Direction if it is given should be general, "Look, open all the cupboards, maybe proceed methodically, so that you know where you have already looked, often they are near the places where drinks are kept, etc." It should be direction that teaches one the art of seeking, not direction that gives one specific information.

I would say that is the reason all religions fail, and why spiritual teachings so often bring war, and not the peace and love they are meant to. We the readers focus on the exact steps, the particulars, and not the broad and general message. We bicker over who knows the RIGHT way to find God or the Divine, and we feel that the "infidels" who do not understand and not loved by God.

This feeling of being special or chosen is only good if one realizes that everyone is special and chosen. That everyone is awakening in their own time, their own way, just the way they need to. If this spiritual awakening serves to make a "them and an us" it isnt much of an awakening. We have already been playing "them and us" for thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I see very clearly what you are saying. After I wrote that remark about feeling special, I regretted posting it. That was my ego at it's worst. And it was also my ego thinking I could change all my friend's and family's lives by getting them to read that book...like I would be a big hero if I led them to the answers to life. I have learned a very valuable lesson and I am humbled. Thank you. z.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

It isnt anything to feel bad about.

Nor would I say it is your ego at its worst. It is just the Ego, we all have one, they all do the same things.

Just seeing it is enough. We (all of us, myself included) dont always see it immediately, in the moment, but if we can just see it whenever we do, in ourselves and others, get comfortable with the fact that it is there and does certain things, and not get to unhappy about what it is, that it exists, and what it does, it slowly (or sometimes suddenly, but for me, slowly) loses its power over us. It may not go away, (or it may, I have no idea, mine is still there, just less of a pest most of the time) but it can be a source of amusement rather than a problem. "The monkey mind" the eastern philosophers called it. I like that description because that is how it seems to me, like a naughty little monkey jumping around and into everything and making a mess of things if I do not pay attention.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I don't really feel that bad about it..just a little embarrassed.
I realize that the ego is just a human condition. I am just glad that I do recognize the little bugger most of the time. And I love the monkey brain thing too..it can be quite comical at times. It can also be damaging to myself and others...that is when I worry about it. I struggle with it on a daily basis, but at least I am aware of it now.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mushninja

yea i think there was because i kindA had one too its kinda been scaring me until now alot of people think the same way so i know im not going crazy but i also belive that sumthing is going to happen idk what it is i just imagine it being varry happy and varry sad at the same time kind of a purifacation of the human race its so hard to explane like somthing that we have never seen before is going to be there to guide us to someware but i dont know ware yet i havent got that far in it that is the part i fear about it and i do belive its going to be 2012 when it happens does any body els have that feeling like me? or am i just weird

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rek2008...I've come to a few
conclusions that:

1) The Earth is alive.

2) The Multi-Verse is alive.

3) Our particular universe is CRAWLING with life.

4) Time travel is not only possible, it's inevitable.

5) There are evil aliens just like there are evil humans.

6) And most importantly, just like the Beatles said, "The Love
you make is equal to the love you take".

I don't believe there is any "GOD" out there who will punish
us for being bad. There is just karma. Reaping what we sow.
That's just how the universe works, IMO.

I concur on all your points, and furthermore anyone who is willing to go to the source will come to the same insights. A few of my own:

1. Ships can be fast enough to navigate the circumference of the universe in an Earth day.

2. Of the million intelligent species in the Milky Way, many use the A Star to jump between galaxies into new spaces.

3. We're out there too, as the secret space agency. The jury is still out on whether we made it interstellar yet.

4. And of course, Edgar Mitchell is telling the truth.

By these insights my conclusions are based upon I will boldly venture to call thee brother.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am beginning to understand that we are crawling with life as well as universal life and all things outside of us.

How convieneint that we are too blind to understand and see the simplicity.

The truth is WITHIN.

All that is needed to progress and proceed and continue is within.

Tap the true source inside our bodies and we too, will fly higher and faster.

Interdiminsional sight:

In your car look through your rearveiw mirror,
then look through your side views.
then attempt all at once, you are learning to observe more than one dimensional place simply by seeing through different angles and eyes yet it is always there, you simply aren't aware.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I couldn't have said it better... and oddly enough when I happened upon all of this , my brother was there w/me going into info. overload! And my spouse , who at first that we were flipping out, until the facts were in.
I personally have had a 'connection' w/certain natural in tunements , if you will, and have had the sense of the awakening since '04.(and our potential threat of gloom & doom) I for one refuse to by into the devil part of it.I was raised baptist, but don't really feel like that story is all truth.And went into info overload seeking that out as well, & am content believing that no-one 'got' Jesus' message that we are all like him, which leads me to the ending of my reply... I firmly believe that after we all realize our true potential , we'll be able to work together to fend off whatever threatens our existince/survival.Let's just say, there's a REASON to believe in the power of prayer/meditation.And there's something to that faith healing from the mountains,I believe , as well.
So no you're not freaking out mentally, but we may need to tap into some of that inner strength , to not freak out emotionally, and be able to get the job done and survive,whatever that means. Peace.Believe in yourself & others.;]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

Yes it can be lonely, even if people you know DO get it. I would like to talk about it as well,we do need a forum for the awakening discussions.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BlurryEyedNiNja

i'm on the other/dark side of this one. When I try to imagine a big shift of any kind, I find myself being very attached to my comfortable little life. What will happen to us when all our dreams come true?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Maby this will help you to understand and develope more.
Go to youtube and write Bringers of the dawn,pleiadians.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
only coming across this post now.. but have to admit, I feel something of an awakening happening in the general populous myself. All began about a year ago, when I read the Celestine Prophecy.. then somehow I stumbled upon Michael Tsarion. Through his work, I then discovered David Icke's work and from there my reading has, went out in many directions. Currently I am reading the God's of Eden by William Bramley. They all have their different take on who is behind the NWO/Illuminati/Reptilians/UFO's (basically the people pulling the strings behind the scenes), but all mention the human spirit and how only an awakening can change the path these 'things' have led us down.. All very interesting and I suggest you read/you tube the guys I mentioned above.. they may help you find some answers..

A few of my own close friends who would never have been interested in these things now have a big interest in them.. has 2012 anything to do with it? Who knows.. but know your not alone in your thoughts

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I hope this isn't been said already but if it has so what its helpful ( i think)
There were a lot of people talking about emotions being overwhelming and some saying they opened their heart chakra and some days they were super negative or depressed possibly as a result. And I know for a fact that this chakra opening is of course going to make you more sensitive to emotions of all kinds good or bad, that is its purpose.
So what everyone needs to do is to open up the lower chakras first. There are levels or steps in our chakra or energy system for a reason, and we all need to make an effort to open our first and second and third chakras before our heart one. These are the grounding and centring chakras, as well as the chakra for storing power or energy.

If you are not sufficiently balanced, or not having enough energy available, this emotional wave will consume you and it is more overwhelming than useful. So try and do some deep breathing focusing on your centre, two finger widths below your navel and storing energy there. As well as opening up your lower chakra on the perineum, located in our direct centre vertically, ie between the genitals and the backside, our direct bottom you could say. This controls our balance.

We need to open our chakras from bottom to top our things won't work right, as evidenced in this overly emotional response so many of you seem to be having. Furthermore, chakras will not open correctly or even fully or at all if we do not open the ones below them first, as this is the direction of the flow, and there may be blockages etc. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions comments counters criticisms whatever. Take care everyone
^___^ smile!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Sickscent

I was awakened when I read "The Power of Now" back in November. Here are some things i experienced that may shed some light on things.

Half way through the book i started feeling this funny feeling in my head which pushed me to want to shut my eyes and meditate. It turned out that the funny feeling was my crown chakra. I then started to feel the life energy coming through my hands. shortly after i could feel all my chakras as i passed my hands up and down my body.

Meditation is very important and you should work in a daily meditation if possible as you need to connect with your higherself/soul to learn your life purpose. visualizatoin is a big part of meditaion and you need to start visualizing the life energy (prana) coming down through your crown down your body connecting to the earth. You can try pranic breathing by putting your tongue to the roof of your mouth and sucking in through your septum you can create a suction effect to bring in life engergy through your crown. Also the healing energy you'll feel in your hands that most people get from Reiki attunements can be boosted by just meditating unconditional/ unbounded love. The chakra's in your palms are an extension of your heart chackra. Our job is to love and raise the frequency to change and save the people on this earth. Visualize yourself tapping this energy. As it enters your body your hands heal the earth/ raise's frequency. (I recommend Subtle Energy by William Collinge if you want to learn more about the enrgies in your body.)

Excersize is also very important. I've always been pretty healthy but over a year ago i had a strong urge to excersize every day. It turns out what i was doing was a "body purfication". We need to prepare the body for the energy and information that's being released to us.

At this point i can feel my third eye. It's a constatnt sensation in my forhead. I guess it has something to do with intuition but i can now see aura's around everything from my computer wire to plants and people. I'm also experiencing what is know as the phantom effect.

I don't know excatly what's going on but i do think it's an evolutionary process that we are experiencing. We're changing from a life based on fear to a life based on love. You'll find that watching the bs on CNN/ TV violence is no longer tolerated by the body. You'll feel it in your gut. It's almost like a stomach ache. I beleive that the those with crohn's /colitas are awakend but don't realize it. I met people who were on the verge of a major surgery from crohn's who turned things around with meditaion. Drug companies ofcourse won't disclose that though.

Our "thoughts create things". Try it out but also remember to stay positive. Also stay away from the violent TV. You may also find your self turning away from competition too. This is also part of the evolution. We are moving toward abundance. Competition is just another fear based idea. Remember this is all about Love wich is total opposite of fear. I could barely watch Phelps on the olympics the other day. I can't watch the stupid youtube links friends send me of people getting taking face plants on thier bikes and skateboards. I can't get ticked off at work if things don't go my way or have an argument. You'll soon learn though that you don't need to anyway.

I think we are lightworkers & wayshowers and we just need to love up this joint. I guess we can't go wrong if it's about love. The more you start really loving the more you realize how we lack it in our thoughts, communication and everyday life.

Oh... and try to filter the negative...especially a lot of the stuff on this site. Rember fear is opposite of love. Don't be afraid and stay in the now. I don't claim to know everything. I'm just riding this thing day by day.

Much peace and love you all!

yes yes yes! thats what im talkin about ^_^ feel a certain stillness within you and you will find that your body knows the answers all along. it will 'tell' you in a nonverbal way. just listen. really, just feel you can be taught by yourself if you are just quiet enough. for instance once you are in a state of calmness even when walking keep your arms and hands out loosely and concentrate on your palms and you will feel a pleasant buzzing or vibration, this is the energy coming in thru them up towards your other chakras. It feels good and it also is a helpful way to 'feel' t owards sitations or people (in accordance or at the same time as your third eye and crown chakra). Yuo really can feel the energy flowing around these areas like antennaes and draw things towards you. There really is no end to the amazing things we are capable of and i wish everyone good luck finding out how powerful we all really are. Just use it for the best of intentions or it has a way of turning against you. bye now time for sleep!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Im pretty sure I know what u guys are talking about

unfortunately it hit me without any warning and #ed with my head real good. I wasn't sure what was really going on or what to think of it but I hated it. it was like being in some drug related type consciousness when I was perfectly sober. I got somewhat used to it I guess but everyday is still like a struggle to stay sane almost and I have a weird, bad feeling that I can't shake about the future. I have a total different counsciousness and nothing is the same. I don't feel in control of anything and it seems like my mind is in a total different world and there is no returning to normal. I realize now how fake most people are and how #ed up society is and wood have no regrets about leaving to some other planet.

it sounds weird and a lot of u probly won't get it but its something that I cannot control at all, no matter how hard I try

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by imysbbad

I know exactly how you feel mushninja. This past year I have discovered so many things that are happening in this world. I myself just seemed to notice that things were different, like the sky seemed different, especially the night sky. The clouds are way too low . All these conspiracies, a lot of them make sense! There are people against us and it must be impossible to stop them. I don't know...the weather is always bizarre, they say things about a polar shift of the earth, the end is in 2012! They say the most important thing all of us can do is keep positive thought and feelings, love not hate. All week I have seen my closest family members get really ill and no one knows why . The sky has been full of "who knows what" all week. I see them spraying stuff late at night . You can actually notice the black looking chemicals in the air and smell it sometimes. We all talk about bad chemicals being sprayed and it has been proven in samples everywhere that certain chemicals were positive in water testing, ponds... But they still do it. They are doing it twice as much because we are on to them. I don't understand why they are not stopped! Now they say the Earth is going nuts and we all have to awaken to help make things better. So now I'm trying to awaken but it just isn't happening. I don't know what to believe anymore. It is all so confusing . I do realize that there is something building up to an explosive end. If people (beings) are here to help us, they need to explain things so we can understand exactly what we need to do. It isn't coming in too clear for me. Just my feelings on it.

i know what you mean about the night sky. i was outside earlier this evening and there weren't that many clouds to see. go out a few hours later and the sky is masked by low clouds that appear to be dark/reddish... even with the moon out and stuff. it's weird

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Something is most definitely going on. I've been feeling the same way many of you have and it's been going on with me for about a year and a half now. It feels right is all I know. I have an inner peace that I've never had before. The material world is breaking down and it will take very many with it, but there are those who will rise above it.

I ask you all to please watch this presentation by Ian Lungold. What he says here is truly enlightening and not in a new agey way either... It's the truth and I will gaurantee that many of you here will resonate with what he speaks.... please watch.
Watch it here

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This may be a shot-in-the-dark here...but your words (in the original post) ring eerily familiar to me. There's like, 15 pages of reply-posts here so I don't know if anyone's asked you this already...but do you know if your blood-type RH Negative? If you are, you might just find more answers by researching RH Negativity. Good Luck!

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join