It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Humanitarian Plane Lands In Georgia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
your talking about our delta force, our green berets , our battle hardened experts, not a bunch of raw recruits awaiting to be cannon fodder, whoever shoots will get shot...wouldn't that be their own fault?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther
they already said there sending military aid, if they were just sending aid why dont they call the red cross..

news.yahoo.com...

Here's a quick quote:

In Washington, President Bush said the United States planned a massive humanitarian effort involving American ships and aircraft, including a C-17 military cargo plane loaded with supplies that landed on Wednesday.

Doesn't say military aid.

And last time I checked, the Red Cross doesn't have heavy lift aircraft.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Has anyone told Bush that this is the Republic of Georgia in central asia, not the state of Georgia in the southeastern US...?
Just wondering why we should be involved at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
well I'm not going to pretend to not choose sides, because I am, Russians arent the only one there now,

hhhooooooraaaahhhhh!!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I mean, I know why, but this is insane! INSANE I TELL YOU!

It's a mad house, I tell you!! A MAD HOUSE!!!!!!!! (Channelling my inner Charlton Heston)

Ok, everyone needs to take a chill pill. The US is sending in aid, not troops. Medical help, etc.

Russia said that the ports/airports will stay open.

The US probably won't be leaving the airport, just dropping stuff off and the Georgians will be taking it away.

The Russians fire up a US transport, they will have to answer to the international community.

Does not matter. We are flying our birds into a war zone. This is not good. We are asking for them to fire on us. Cheney is salivating right now.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
and so am I...

paper tigers landed a non paper airplane, and I love it...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios
Has anyone told Bush that this is the Republic of Georgia in central asia, not the state of Georgia in the southeastern US...?

Wow, now that's something I haven't heard yet.

Originally posted by bios Just wondering why we should be involved at all.

Probably because they supported us in Iraq? They have a pro-Western government?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Does not matter. We are flying our birds into a war zone. This is not good. We are asking for them to fire on us. Cheney is salivating right now.

Russians said that the ports were open. If they fire on US aircraft, how is this going to be the fault of the US? It isn't like we are going to be doing this is secret. They know we are going to be flying into that AO.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It is not americans jobs to lay low or kiss anyones butt, we are country that trys to give freedom to people that want to be free from other people, in america if you want to leave you get on a plane, anywhere else you try and leave you cant, and if you do get away usually your family suffers for your escape, ie IRON CURTAIN

and just for those that would debate I am only referring to those countries that believe they own and control their people. The Iron Curtain countries.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Even if Russia didn't fire on us. What is stopping the rebels from opening fire so it indeed looked like Russia.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

If that happened, I'd bet the Russians would be screaming that it wasn't their forces that did the shooting.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Would we believe them? Would we strike and then ask questions later, or ask first?

It makes you think of the movie: The Sum of All Fears...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

No idea. Hey, we delivered aid into Berlin and the Russians didn't shoot any down, tho they did harass them alot.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You can bet the Russians are right there at the airport watching the unloading very closely.

Food, check
Medical aid, check,
Bottled water, check
Emergency power generators and cooking stoves, check.
Blankets and tents, check.

If the US starts flying in armed troops or heavy weapons, expect Russian tanks to block the runways pretty damned quick.

If Bush thinks the Russians are stupid enough to let Bush fly in a whole damned army to take the place over, he is a bigger fool than the whole world already thinks he is.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

He's not a fool per se, just a madman hell bent on getting us all killed before he leaves office. Just when i didn't think this administration could possibly make things worse, they set our relations with the russians back 20 years. Un ****ing believable!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by LwSiX]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh some of you guys on here are really small minded and it scares me that you can be so small minded .

Do you think that we should really leave the Russians just take over Georgia and do nothing !. Georgia is a small country who is trying to better its self and doing it through the correct channels as in the democratic vote and goverment. No use of force etc....

Russia have been pushig and taunting on the border for over a year and sending spy drones and have 80,000 troops along the borders .

If we stayed out and not done anything lthey would have run through the whole country and crushed the goverment. Who know Ukraine would have been next. Putin want to go back to the old ways and show power very scared of changed, He is worried about the missile defence in Poland etc... He is selling Russian Defence to China and Iran etc... . I dont really like Bush but i think what he has done is sticking to his promise to hep Georgia and i praise his strong comment against Russia , He cannot let the Russians get away with this and i think its going to get a lot worse before it get better . DARREN

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
If the US starts flying in armed troops or heavy weapons, expect Russian tanks to block the runways pretty damned quick.

If Bush thinks the Russians are stupid enough to let Bush fly in a whole damned army to take the place over, he is a bigger fool than the whole world already thinks he is.

Fair enough. I can see that happening and the Russians would have the right to block the runways.

Tho the Russians would be foolish to try to intercept one of our aircraft.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX
He's not a fool per se, just a madman hell bent on getting us all killed before he leaves office. Just when i didn't think this administration could possibly make things worse, they set our relations with the russians back 20 years. Un ****ing believable!

So this is the fault of Bush? Have you read the news lately, like the past year? Russian has been posturing for quite a while now. I think they are just pushing to see how far they can push.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Oh really? Your saying Bush's push for the missile shield to former soviet states ( and inviting them into NATO ) had nothing to do with this? We have pushed Russia into a corner, trying to militarize their border states. If Russia was doing the same to us i doubt you would take kindly to it either.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
why doesn't matter to me
you can have a thousand reasons why you want to punch your boss in the face
but if you do it you get fired
and maybe go to jail
or get your butt kicked

We have a responsiblity to help our allies and protect them need be,
that is the bottom line

there is no gray lines here
Russia is doing wrong, for whatever reasons they have, its about a country invaded by them,

where are we, we should be there repelling these guys

its is sad everyone is so scared of nuclear holocaust we have lost the balls to fight for what is right and what will keep us free

<< 1    3 >>

join