It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rev Wright's October Surprise!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by sos37

and if that tape exists - ill agree with you - Obama will not get elected.

If that tape does exist - dont you think the Clinton would've found it first, and used it against him to secure the nomination?

Good question - and that depends. When I first heard the rumor of the tape, supposedly Karl Rove had it and was hell bent on not releasing it to anyone. I know that MSNBC released headlines on their TV news one day saying "Whitey tape does not exist according to #####" and I can't remember who it was, seems like I want to say it was a Democratic spokesperson. I saw that as an attempt to flush the tape out into the open so Obama's camp could begin working on damage control.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Really?

i suppose the context of this

I'd be willing to bet big bucks the GOP had something to do with this. They're ruthless.

Looks like another democrat loss in November

doesnt mean that Wrights words have any credibility?

Yeah you're right- nobody is saying Wright has any merit - they're just saying that he knows the truth about Obama.

Just in the way that Wright knew the truth about AIDS and the US Government.

GO ahead and support him. Just keep in mind - you're drinkin from the same cup of kool-aid as those wright-supporters you blasted 2 months ago.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
When the book comes out, and you can read it, America will know if he is truly a man of God. If he practices good "works" and not "sensationalism." MY 2 CENTS

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Well I agree a little with you here. I'm a little suspect of the claim of republican influence. I'd just think that would and could catch up to them very quickly.

I am personally not a fan of the Reverend. I'm not all that big on the "holy rollers" of the world. I promise not to drink the guava juice.

It will be interesting though.

Becker

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This "whitey" tape I believe does exist.

The reason Hillary didn't use it to her advantage is because it has been in the sole possession of the Republican party and she has never had any access to it.

This will be the October suprise, the neo-con ace in the hole.

Call it a parting gift from Karl Rove.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Do you have a source for stating that Rev. Wright is Obamas "mentor"?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Can you tell me where the "lord" obama thing came from? I'm confused by your label. Last week it was "messiah" and now its "lord", some clarification would be nice.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I'm not doubting as there is really no proof either way but why/how would Republicans have sole possession of this "Whitey" tape?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Here's the most humorous part

You blast his credibility and anything he has to say when he supports obama

but you welcome him with open arms, and say he has enormous credibilty when his "twisted and sick" words fit YOUR agenda.

h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y ?

No, actually I don't. I think the guy is a loon and anything hes peddling should be ignored at all costs.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Well i applaud you for your enlightenment.

Why anyone would listen to anything rev wright has to say
regardless of who its about

its completely beyond all logic

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by marg6043

I got one for you, McCain will never win the elections this year unless he will pull a Bush 2000 show and have the supreme court and Florida help him win the election.

So as for Rev Wright's he is just making a buck, that is what most religious figures are up and good for this days.

And so it begins! If Lord Obama doesn't win, the election is rigged. Lord Obama is sinking in the polls, becoming more and more a flawed human everyday, the messianic halo is fading....time to worry....time to think up some crazy excuses for his loss!

Lord Obama will lose.....Yes there will be riots.

Riots of joy maybe. i bet obama will be assasinated if he is elected.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm a democrat, but I'm worried about the party after Hillary's embarrassing campaign, and Edward's recently exposed hypocrisy.

I am sincerely hoping that there is nothing on Obama that will ruin his credibility. If there is such a thing, like this tape people speak of, then Obama has no one to blame but himself.

And if a tape DID exist, why would anyone in his right mind who was caught saying such things ever think to run for President of the United States?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
God "Bless" America!

No no y'all!

It's pretty clear to me that the race industry fools like Wright, Sharpton and Jackson want Obama defeated at least as much as any racist white person would. After all, who has the most to lose if any black person achieves such success in America? The people who are so invested in the idea that America is a deeply racist country in which blacks are oppressed and unable to succeed.

Not to mention they've got to be pretty jealous of the guy.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Interesting, if the "whitey" tape does exist and Rev. Wright has anything creditable against Obama, Hillary is a direct shoe in. McCain doesn't have the guns to defeat her. Either way Dem's win and the people loose. Even if McCain won we loose, don't you just love it when the cards are stacked against you no matter what the out come.

The only surprise that he might have is evidence that Obama is a racist, a muslim or something that would turn public opinion against him in such a way that it would not be possible for him to win.

Either way its a crock and basically drumming up business for his book.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The "WHITEY" tape has been investigated and tracked down already. It's BS.

The original source...that X-CIA turned gossip queen, has been proven unreliable. Enough context was given as to the Michelle Obama remark...who she was talking to etc. that the Clinton Campaign was able to find the tape themselves.

In the recording Michelle Obama in discussing president Bush and says says "WHY'D HE veto the bill?" and it is apparent from the recording and context that is precisely what she said. Rove was hoping to sell it as "Whitey veto the bill!"...get it? a conjunction of WHY DID HE? When Rove found out he couldn't use the tape because it was too obvious that she didn't say "whitey" but rather "why'd he" ...he tried to make hay and spin it out there as rumor to do as much damage as possible...which to some extent worked.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I don't recall Wright being accused of lacking credibility!! People were disgusted with him because it was obvious that the hatred he was spewing was something he believed in 100%. Wrights credibility was never in question - it was OBAMA's credibility that he supposedly didn't know how hateful Wright was, that was in question!

And I believe whole-heartedly that Wright's book has the potential to destroy Obama. Obama wasn't ignorant to the fact that Wright is racist and has all of these far out thoughts. Obama has some very shady connections and Wright is probably well aware of them and will happily spill the beans for the way that Obama treated him.

As sick as it was to hear Wright's hateful words, it was more disgusting to see the way Obama handled the situation - first standing up for Wright and then throwing him under the bus. Obama doesn't care about anyone but himself and I look forward to reading what Wright has to say about him.

Also, for those of you still believing that Obama should be President, I highly suggest that you read The Obama Nation. It goes into great detail about Obama's past and leaves the reader with more questions than answers ... and don't blame the author ... blame Obama for not being willing to discuss his past with honesty and detail that the American public has been asking for and deserves!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

After all, who has the most to lose if any black person achieves such success in America? The people who are so invested in the idea that America is a deeply racist country in which blacks are oppressed and unable to succeed.

Wow!! That is so true. I didn't even think about that angle but you are 100% right! A black man (or even 1/2 black) becomming President would almost put those guys out of business! Though taxpayers have MUCH to lose if Obama win's, the men you are referring to have far MORE to lose if Obama wins the Presidency!!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkali

lmao

I'd be willing to bet big bucks the GOP had something to do with this. They're ruthless.

Looks like another democrat loss in November

Ummm, why would the GOP need to do this to influence an election???

I thought you Dems screamed that we controlled the Diebold machines.

Did we relinquish control of them and I wasn't sent the memo?

Just wonderin.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Rev. Wright Denies Book and Tour

Why is it so EASY for me to find information that debunks all this anti-Obama crap?
How can I resist?

Wright not Publishing an October Book

After I reached out to her, she called her father, who is teaching and ministering in Ghana (I ran into him last month when I was in the West African nation) and said he "laughed" when she asked about the book.

"He said that he also got an email, but was unable to respond since he's in email hell," Wright said, meaning in a place in Ghana where it's difficult to send and receive email.

"I asked him if he was writing and he said, 'Nope. I'm not publishing anything. I'm not going on any book tours.'"

From the New York Magazine

Correction: In "The Color-Coded Campaign," John Heilemann wrote, "In October, [Barack] Obama's former pastor, [Reverend Jeremiah] Wright, will publish a new book and hit the road to promote it ...". This assertion was based on Wright's public assertion in April that he had a book in the works that would appear before the end of the year, and on statements by a number of Democrats, including some on Obama's staff, that they were bracing for an October publication. But Heilemann's assertion was too definitive; what he should have written was, "In October, Obama's former pastor, Wright, is expected to publish a new book ...". According Wright's daughter, Jeri, no such book published by her father will be published in that time frame. We sincerely regret the error.

Sorry to burst your happy little bubbles, guys...

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

DANG!!

Now we'll never get to know what incredible, nonviable, and completely illogical things Wright had to say about Obama to appease the republican party so they could use more nonsensical garbage to try and smear the great things he's doing for this country.

And here i was looking forward to chastising anyone actually taking him seriously !

You let me down Rev. Wright!!! YOU LET ME DOWN!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join