It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, President Bush

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Originally posted by Grafilthy

You obviously get your news from places like ATS, CNN and MSNBC.

Just wondering.....where does a person of "intelligence" like yourself get YOUR news????

I read my news from just about every news source I can find.

Um......like ATS, CNN, and MSNBC????
The relevance of this line of questioning would be that I would like to know if you REALLY have some fancy secret feed complete with red phone......

OR

Are you just saying you only hit the right-wing links on Google??????

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I'm going to thank President Bush for...

Raising the price of oil above $3.00...
Ruining our relationships with our allies...
Ignoring important intelligence that could have prevented 9-11...
Causing a lot of people to hate us...
Making all of us look a lot stupider than we really are...
Dumbing down the mainstream media...
Letting people steal our jobs...
Putting us in debt way over our heads...
Being a manipulator and trying to manipulate foreign affairs to just doing whatever the bilderbergs want...
Dumbing our education system down...
Lowering our education standard and not putting emphasis on how children need to learn to read at least a level better than his own...
Stuff like that.

Yes, I really want to thank him for that.

-Supply and demand increased prices over $3.00 . That is basic economics, I guess you missed that class in college.
-Ruining our relationships? What country hates us now, that has not hated us for one reason or another going back 100 years? Please..that is lame.
-Ignoring what intelligence? The same intelligence that could have handed Bin Laden to Clinton years before he threw flying missiles at me and my friends while I was at work????
-Causing people to hate us? How many times are you going to argue the same point different ways...see above.
-making us look stupider than who really is? Stupid does what stupid is told to do. Think for yourself and you will not be stupid.
-dumbing down the mainstream media????? Hmmm...that began in 1980 with the creation of CNN International. Blame that one on Ted Turner, come on give credit where credit is due.
-letting people steal our jobs??? Sorry..The clinton administration can be blamed for that one too. Creating so many rules and regulations about how business can operate will do only one thing. Force them to open factories in other countries where they are not fined for things such as polluting (ridiculous requeirements in my opinion)
-utting who in debt??? You personally? well now....is that really Bush's fault? As for the national debt, what war time president has not done that???
-Why do all anti-Bush people keep pointing to the Bilderbergs? Isn;t that where Miss Hillary was spotted in the past few years?????

Come on....you can do better than that.

Are you smarter than a 5th grader??????

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
I think this short clip summarize everything - the simple fact that GWB is a war criminal

well, why would he PARDON HIMSELF against war crimes unless he is feeling guilty...?

[edit on 13-8-2008 by donhuangenaro]

Link provided by CNN...I believe that proves my point.

Thanks for helping me do that!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Really? Honestly, Reagan was the last decent president we had.

Why is that? The Soviets would have failed without him if that was your answer. Reagan deregulated the media so now we have about five multinational corporations running it all for there own agenda. He passed NAFTA and started our jobs bleeding overseas. He started mandatory minimum sentencing for drugs and now over 2 million Americans are in prison and the "War on Drugs: is a total failure. He gave tax cuts to the rich. He screwed up the FDA and now big pharma is running amuck. He increased military spending and wasted so many tax dollars fighting a failing country and lined the pockets of the military industrial complex.

So tell me again why he was decent?

The last decent POTUS was assassinated by a lone gunman (that is if the CIA was a LoneGunMan). :shk:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Not at all, but don;t expect me to be spitting back quotes from the media. I like to form my own opinions after reading all the news, both sides. Not just from the sources I agree with. That is my point. I see far to much of that down here on ATS and I have been here a while.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Reagan was responsible for the closing of thousands of mental institutions throughout the United States that put mentally unstable people on the street. Rather than trying to help the mentally ill deal with and possibly correct the problems that plague them. These people on stuck in a constant pattern of homelessness and incarceration. Ask anyone that works in a jail. This cost tax payers millions of dollars a year.

Reagan was an "OK" president ... just as Clinton or Bush Sr. was an "OK" President. But, I wouldn't call him a "Good" President. After all, just as every President since Eisenhower, he fell into and perpetuated the Military Industrial Complex scheme that continues to this day.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Well to tell you the truth during the Regan era I was a young mother married to the marine corps.

No, Regan was not president material, He was an actor that played the role of president with an Oscar winning performance, he started the downfall of America's educational system and never took the AIDS epidemic as something serious until too late.

He was a good man, a fantastic actor, but a politician . . . he was not

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
I think this short clip summarize everything - the simple fact that GWB is a war criminal

well, why would he PARDON HIMSELF against war crimes unless he is feeling guilty...?

Link provided by CNN...I believe that proves my point.

Thanks for helping me do that!!!!!!!!

so, you are saying that GWB didn't pardon himself from war crimes?

and you are mentioning 5th graders? funny, you sound like a 1st grader

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

-Supply and demand increased prices over $3.00 . That is basic economics, I guess you missed that class in college.
-Ruining our relationships? What country hates us now, that has not hated us for one reason or another going back 100 years? Please..that is lame.
-Ignoring what intelligence? The same intelligence that could have handed Bin Laden to Clinton years before he threw flying missiles at me and my friends while I was at work????
-Causing people to hate us? How many times are you going to argue the same point different ways...see above.
-making us look stupider than who really is? Stupid does what stupid is told to do. Think for yourself and you will not be stupid.
-dumbing down the mainstream media????? Hmmm...that began in 1980 with the creation of CNN International. Blame that one on Ted Turner, come on give credit where credit is due.
-letting people steal our jobs??? Sorry..The clinton administration can be blamed for that one too. Creating so many rules and regulations about how business can operate will do only one thing. Force them to open factories in other countries where they are not fined for things such as polluting (ridiculous requeirements in my opinion)
-utting who in debt??? You personally? well now....is that really Bush's fault? As for the national debt, what war time president has not done that???
-Why do all anti-Bush people keep pointing to the Bilderbergs? Isn;t that where Miss Hillary was spotted in the past few years?????

Come on....you can do better than that.

Are you smarter than a 5th grader??????

- Gas prices were relatively cheap before the Bush administration came into power. At one time not so long ago gas prices were only like $.99. It had nothing to do with supply and demand. Oil companies just want more money.
- A lot of countries hate us in Europe. Do a search on google and type in anti-American sentiment and you'll probably find a lot of results.
- There was intelligence prior to 9-11 that suggested that Bin Laden would attack us and possibly using airplanes, and there were reports of suspicious people that had middle eastern backgrounds in our flight schools.
- How can you deny the fact that more people hate us because Bush is in power? It's a truth, now, please, pull of those government-authorized rose colored glasses of yours and please try to start to see the truth.
- I do think for myself. And there are a lot of people who have been dumbed down and became dumber because Bush hasn't made education a lot better than it once was. The no child left behind act fails at its goal. Kids in public education system are failing. A lot of kids in public schools don't even know how to read.
- All MSM is government propaganda crap. They just want you to know only what the government wants you to know. What doesn't fit in with what the MSM wants to tell you isn't within the elite's agenda. All that other stuff isn't "news worthy".
- The Clinton administration helped our economy out. The Bush administration is okaying a lot of the outsourcing that's going on. It would seem pretty hard to argue against this.
- The problem is that Bush has wasted a lot of our money. He could have been using all of that money to get better armor and weapons for our troops so they could stand better against these suicide bombers... but no he'd rather just use all that money on contractors like halliburton and blackwater... and private investors. He believes that like our interests, you and I, and the rest of Americans, are secondary to the elite business corporations of the world.
- The bilderburg is a real group where real leaders meet to talk about these kinds of things. Bush is just acting as a spokesperson. Yes, they probably dragged Hillary in their mess and told her they were going to shut her down because she wasn't in their interest at the time and Obama would be better.

I'm way smarter than a 5th grader. Are you?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am sooooo glad to see someone NOT bashing our president.

I may not agree with all the policies and methods our presidents have made in the past, but one thing is for certain.

The president of the united states of america is MY PRESIDENT, and i will ALWAYS RESPECT THE PERSON IN THE OVAL OFFICE!!

We as americans must make an effort to vote, and be apart of our system, and I cannot remember any president in my life time that made all good choices per the public opinion, but one quote from president Reagan says it the best "the govt. is not the solution, the govt. is the problem"

It is a crazy world out there, and who knows what the future will reveal about Bush, and other officials, but until they are found guilty in a court of law, President Bush is the commander in chief, and as an american I have the right to disagree with anything I want, but the simple fact is this.

The president of the united states is yours (americans) and my president.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is a sheeple post, it goes to show how a owned media feeds the sheeple propoganda, this is nothing new in history folks, and many "intelligent" wealthy citizens are in the category of sheeple, as well as the "lower classes".

As far as GWB goes i don't know much about him personally, and i really don't trust the MSM on either side, what i do believe fairly strongly is that lobbyists of nearly every major industry and his advisor's (those of the life time political role/ bilderberg mold) are steering alot of the decison's he "makes".

people can bring up "it's cool to hate on gwb" and certainly it maybe, but does this mean it is not true that he has been a poor choice, i mean that seems like a pretty weak argument to support his cause, but when people can't debate on the evidence, the next best thing (that works) is to try and discredit the messenger, the reason this works is because of association which is further evidence just how easily human minds are manipulated, unless they care enough to use some critical thought and follow patterns in history.

some people probably think it's too "depressing" to contemplate the possibility that we really don't have a choice in electing the president, because the choices are not determined by us, (not to mention, sometimes are votes are not even counted...florida aheemm) and no i do not think Al gore would have this country in a better place either. Let me leave you with this thought;

when we fail to unbiasedly contemplate the option of a uncomfortable truth we WILLINGLY open the door to ignorance- ME

[edit on 13-8-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

YES. Democratically elected. At least, as democratically elected as the past two elections have worked out for the popular vote (as opposed to the electoral) here in America.

No. We didn't try Saddam. We delivered him to the gallows. Had we not decided to invade and occupy an innocent (in terms of affecting America) country, we never would have delivered Saddam to the people that hated him ... the minority in Iraq.

America, with past Presidents, was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths in Iraq LONG before we ever invaded. We sanctioned and destroyed their oil trade, which in turn starved men, women and children for years. Until someone stepped in and put an end to it with oil for food agreements.

Yeah, Saddam did some pretty bad things. I'm not saying he wasn't a bad guy. But, put up the figures against each other and tell me which country was responsible for more pre-war civilian deaths in Iraq ... Saddam, or the U.N.?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Great slot Mabus

Thanks you Bush for being the funniest puppet on 2D TV

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

Name calling will get you no where.

Not getting into a pi$$ing match with you and reverting to name calling.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I love this thread. Sorry about the one liner, but I have nothing else to say but that.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Alright, the post you left is nothing more than countering what I said. Gas was relatively cheaper.....define relatively? Maybe gas was under priced? For years oil companies made o profits, but continued to produce oil because the country needed it. They need to be supplemented by the government to get through the lean times and now Barack Hussein Obama wants them to pay every family a $1,000 tax rebate. Please. The idea of taxing an industry to do something like that is completely insane. Wahhh wahh wahh.......other countries hate us. Get used to it. Its been going for a lot of years. Hatred is usually spread by jealous people. I wonder how many of them would hate us if we allowed them to move themselves and their entire families here to live under our freedoms and our protection. I am soooo sick of hearing c%ap like that. Dumb??? I am sorry I just don;t see that. I live on Long Island. Our schools are very well run here. Sorry...just don;t see that. The kids get out of school what they put into it. Maybe you need to get the kids to take school a little more serious. Maybe take their I-pods away and their cell phones. Give them back to them as a reward for doing well in school. It is not President Bush's fault we have spoiled our children to the point they just dont give a damn. It is time to stop blaming the President for all the ills going in on one;s life. I did not vote for him to fix your life or the guy down the block. I VOTED FOR HIM TWICE because I felt he was the best man for the job. And considering what he has faced in the 8 years he is there....He has done about as good as any other person could have done. SO YES, I thank George Bush for being there. I also thank the people of Florida for not allowing ALGORE (Y2K ponzi scheme and Kyoto Agreement) or John Kerry Heinz for getting elected.

Have a good day people!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by damntheptb
I am sooooo glad to see someone NOT bashing our president.

I may not agree with all the policies and methods our presidents have made in the past, but one thing is for certain.

The president of the united states of america is MY PRESIDENT, and i will ALWAYS RESPECT THE PERSON IN THE OVAL OFFICE!!

We as americans must make an effort to vote, and be apart of our system, and I cannot remember any president in my life time that made all good choices per the public opinion, but one quote from president Reagan says it the best "the govt. is not the solution, the govt. is the problem"

It is a crazy world out there, and who knows what the future will reveal about Bush, and other officials, but until they are found guilty in a court of law, President Bush is the commander in chief, and as an american I have the right to disagree with anything I want, but the simple fact is this.

The president of the united states is yours (americans) and my president.

Not all American on here consider themselves Americans. So he might be yours and my president, but he is far from all American's president. Lots still think Gore and Kerry won.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

YES. Democratically elected. At least, as democratically elected as the past two elections have worked out for the popular vote (as opposed to the electoral) here in America.

No. We didn't try Saddam. We delivered him to the gallows. Had we not decided to invade and occupy an innocent (in terms of affecting America) country, we never would have delivered Saddam to the people that hated him ... the minority in Iraq.

America, with past Presidents, was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths in Iraq LONG before we ever invaded. We sanctioned and destroyed their oil trade, which in turn starved men, women and children for years. Until someone stepped in and put an end to it with oil for food agreements.

Yeah, Saddam did some pretty bad things. I'm not saying he wasn't a bad guy. But, put up the figures against each other and tell me which country was responsible for more pre-war civilian deaths in Iraq ... Saddam, or the U.N.?

We are not responsible for deaths caused by sanctions. Iraq had sanctions put on them for a reason. How are we responsible for the actions of another nation???? Grow up!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

All I can say to you and the Bush supporters on this thread and in America is, "Congratulations on taking the world back into a dark, dismal place." Your blind faith in this administration's policies will maintain the status quo for further generations. The US needs to stop messing around in other people's backyards and focus on its own challenges at home: economy, immigration, infrastructure .... PEACE, for crying out loud. If Bush wants to leave a legacy of peace in the middle east he needs to figure out how to attain it domestically first.
WTF is going on that you feel blatant disregard for local and global neighbours that you would blindly support a madman in his quest to isolate his countrymen from themselves?
And please spare the "world needs a policeman" crap and the, "where would they be without us" BS.
The past 8 years have left a bad scar on America and other countries. I truly hope it can heal.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looking at the replies in this thread give me the impression that
this thread here has fallen on deaf ears.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join