It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New U2U system, and access to your old messages.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
As reported in this thread, Problems with the U2U database -- some messages are lost, we experienced an event on the database server that resulted in damage to the U2U storage. Upon completion of an intensive repair routine, it appears as though nearly 40,000 total records were lost... some members, including myself, lost everything.

Since then, we've relaunched a new-and-improved U2U system that looks and operates exactly like the old system, but has a much improved core storage design that should function much more efficiently, and greatly reduce the risk of data corruption, if not completely.

Also, for a limited time, we're providing access to the damaged system to give our members time to recover lost messages. Limited access is provided in a new Member Center menu item, Damaged u2u Access. Any messages that were not lost in your inbox or saved box should be available for individual recovery (since access to the damaged system causes server strain, we're not enabling outbox access). This access to the damaged system will expire on September 1, 2008.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You guys are geniuses!!!!

Thanks.

JAK

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Excellent. All the saved U2U's going back to 04 (I'm not a hoarder, just old.)

Thank you SO, much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thank you very much. I saved the relevant ones and made peace with the rest...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thanks a million for giving us the possibility to recover lost messages!
Some of my U2Us had links I hadn't saved yet. And some of the messages just means a lot to me personally. So I guess those actually are the most important of all.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ditto!!!!!!

Thanks a bunch SO. I can put the tissues away now. I get my old U2U's back AND the kids started school today. Dang, I need to buy a lottery ticket...I'm on a roll.

Rush

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not being a very techie kind of person, I was wondering if there was a way to save all my old saved messages in bulk, including the links.

The simple reason is that I've got 80 odd applauses saved and I'd really like to be able to find them all,

I can do it message by message if needs be, it's just that I don't have a lot of time on my hands for that at the moment, and it seemslike it may take a while.

Any input would be very welcome indeed

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Minor glitch (or is it an undocumented feature?) of the new u2u system:

I sent a u2u to a member and received a copy in my inbox. It also appears in my outbox.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
thanks so much to make it possible to get again access to the lost u2u's
i highly appreciate that.
and thanks again for the great work SO

now i was able to save my lost babys

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Many thanks and good work SkepticOverlord.

While we are modifying U2U code.. why not increase the font size a little?

Perhaps to forum standard Verdana 9.

Regards,
SteveR

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I love the new system!

The speed is fantastic now - i can stop screaming at my monitor to load the "compose new message" option

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks so much Bill. I was freaking out...Time to stop being such a hoarder, I guess.
BTW..LOVE the new Avatar!

BUT..Change your mood..you have been getting ready since last October!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

i lost it all.

i will have to abandon the U2U system and rely on email.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanks for your work.

Being a person that works with databases (although not as large as these) I understand what you must have been through.

It even shows in your avatar.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just a minor gripe......

I spent 5,000 points to increase my u2u quota so that I could save as many messages as I needed.
I don't see how to transfer my old messages to the new system and I don't have my total space allowed posted above the new u2u system.

Is there a way to rectify this or will I lose that u2u space and the points spent due to this problem ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thank you for all of your hard work on this Skeptic. I appreciate your effort in this matter. looks as if it has taken a toll on your avatar

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

There is no more saving of messages. Each one erases after 45 days.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Thanks SteveR,

I guess I'll just delete the whole batch and take the loss.
Any important u2u's I'll cut and past to text files and start fresh.

Kinda sad to see the old system crash and burn. :shk:

Maybe I'll ask Skeptic for a refund on the 5,000 points or just let it go. He seems to have a lot on his plate right now.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That is great computer genius like, that youv'e manged to get us Access to the old U2U's

Thanks guys probably would have been easier for you to just start fresh with the new system,! ta!

Elf

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Nooooo!

*cries*

Lost all my Applauses. I was saving those.

hehe Just kidding.

So the new one is working then? I never get any U2Us anyway, so it's hard to tell. *giggles*

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join