It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Prophesy: Olymics, WW3, Obama, China and more

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I am already here.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Realy interesting thread, thought provoking and catalystic.

Some thoughts and I dare say my honest opinions. I find it so difficult to understand how people quote the bible scripture word for word. It has been plagurised and re-written for politcal reasons down the ages and for sure, bares no resemblance to the original writings, having been manipulated by the Romans, Greeks and more importantly the Egyptians through time, to fit their own political and religious views.

That is not to say that I dont lean towards some of the claims made by the OP. My reasons for believing that the end times are close are more based on what I feel. I think deep inside we all know we have come to a place in time where it would be best to start again. Technical progress has stalled, we dont know where we are going, as a spieces we are hardened and non compassionate and I dont know abou anyone else, but I dont feel I belong here anymore.

We are not in contol of our own destiny anymore. The elite and the puppet governmenats have stripped us of our identity. The media has stripped us of our feelings and compassion. The self imposed rat-race and high teck needs society that we live in has made us forget how to love, to cry, and how to even communicate with each other anymore.

If you believe everything cycles then we are at the point where we are at the end of our progress and for whatever reason, for whatever identified prophesy that comes true, I hope some of us survive whats coming and pass on the lessons learned to the new generations.

These are only my opinions, my feelings, and on thinking about it, probably my wishes.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Maybe I haven't grow up yet, but I still see that there is hope for the world. I've got alot of stuff to experience yet, and I want to make a change. I fully believe in the bible just because it specifically says that it IS God's word, and I am putting my full faith in him because that is what I must do, but part of me hopes the world is around for a while longer.
Don't get me wrong, there is alot of crap in the world, but I believe that some of can still be cleaned up. People are seeing the crooked media, selfish elitists, not to mention a lot of defiled culture comes from Hollywood, not going to lie. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I see hope, and wonder if Jesus is just a few years away, or a hundred.
With the conflict in Georgia winding down, it seems as if WW3 won't be starting this week, so that is good news.

Wow, this is the first time one of my threads have made it to the front page.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Are you saying Obama is the Antichrist?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

Are you saying Obama is the Antichrist?

Definitely not. I personally believe that Obama is not the antichrist, however, there is still plenty of time for me to be proven wrong. I am not educated enough to know the exact biblical specifics that the Anti-Christ must fit (A quick google search could fix that though). I was just quoting the email I got in hopes of getting an opinion of others here on ATS.

Edit: After a little searching, one can see that the antichrist must claim to "Be God" and do God's work, although deep down inside, oppose him. I for one, have not heard Obama claim to be God.

[edit on 043131p://222 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

After reading my Bible, I know see the correlation to Obama and the Antichrist, omg this is the end times. The tribulation has started. Obama will win the Presidential Race and then we will all have to take his mark,,,,, we will all be stamped Obamamaniacs. Then he will take away our currency and make us pray to him...
Look guys anybody can read anything into a bible. Its been the tool to start wars for thousands of years. The tool for racism and a tool to tear women down yet we as dumb sheepeople continue to hang on every word.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The best way to start bible prophecy is to read Daniel. Daniel 9 gives us a time line. So far, 69 of the 'weeks' have been fulfilled, leaving 1 week (seven years) left.

I think we are in the last 'week' as we speak, we have the EU coming together after thousands of years as prophesied by Daniel, and a confirming of a 7 year covenant (ENP) that was confirmed (made strong) January 1, 2007. (Daniel 9:27) I'm not saying that's when the last seven started though. Not saying this man is the antichrist, but look how much power Javier Solana has and how under the radar he is. He is one to watch. Bet many people haven't heard of him. 3 times the number 666 came up under him. (For example: see EU Recommendation 666-Support proposals for the WEU Secretary-General and CFSP High Representative to preside over the PSC and civilian crisis-management machinery and give him powers to convene the Council of the European Union in the event of an emergency; ) On 6/6/06 he was the one who offered Iran for the first time a package of incentives to stop their nuclear program.

The reason the Georgia/Russia conflict raised flags is about Ezekiel 38-39-the Gog/Magog War. Many believe Russia to be Gog, and they need that tiny country of Georgia to march down into Israel as it states an army will do.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
As of right now, the conflict military sense is pretty much halted in Georgia and Russia. However, the aftermath is what we need to worry about. The U.S. is discussing about punishing Russia.

This could only lead to something we never imagined but also something we feared...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Buddha Maitreya is and will be the next buddha on Earth - long after any remnants of Buddhism remain. He will do what the last buddha did, as well as the infinite number of Buddhas before him - teach humanity the "way". I am definately not afraid of him - why should I be? If you research Buddhism you won't be afraid either.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

but we have been waiting for the end of times or for jesus for 2 000 years the bible written and read in hitlers time could well have been speaking about hitler and world war 2 why all of a sudden would it just be talking of ww3 the thing is this has all happened before..we could have even said it refers to iraq and usa or whatever..how long must we wait ??? a christian view is always like that SOON MY FRIENDS WILL BE THE DOOM AND THE END OF TIMES..doesnt it say that in revelations when was that written?? aand in revelations it said SOON but also that was like 2000 years ago ...so soon , i doubt it

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Alothough I find this post somewhat intriguing, you stated something that wasn't quite true. If you divide 2092 by 666 you get 3.14114114... . Although this number is close to Pi, it is not Pi. Pi is equal to 3.14159265358979323846… .

Just wanted to point that out.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
bad thing about prophecy is that it only make sense AFTER it has come to pass, because that the only time we can read into it and make it fit our own paradigm

I have YET to find a reliable source of prophecy, and I mean black and white reliable. If god gave man prophecies, I would hope he will improve to the point that we could know BEFORE something happens.

I am a 2012er, not because all the fuzzy spiritual ascension prophecy but because of the actual planetary and physicality that is involved, soemthing that can be seen and charted and "predicted" and which is quite rare.

what we make of it all is up to us.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
hehe... I think all of the Fear & Doom is based on all of the "prophecy" stories we have heard.... pretty much all I have heard (from those that mention wars) is 3... anyone know a prophecy that talks about the 4th or 5th World War?

Most of the Bible prophecy is because many of the end times "pre-requisites" are now met.

Israel becoming a nation again (1948)

The rebuilding of the temple (3rd temple) - may be happening soon as it has been mentioned that the mosque that is currently on the temple mount may not be where the Jewish temple once stood (gentiles sector if I am not mistaken) and they may rebuild the temple on the mount away from the mosque.

The "technology" to reach a world audience (modern telecommunications / TV)

The technology needed to bring about a "mark of the beast" where nobody can buy or sell without it (some kind of implant and no hard currency).

The persecution of Christianity (hell, who would have believed 30 years ago that this could happen in the US? It is mind boggling to see how society has changed and how Christianity is scorned.

Sodom & Gomorrah - Wow, watch TV. I cannot believe how much our society has degraded. Some of the reality stuff on MTV prime time would be on HBO after dark 25 years ago. Our children are bombarded with sex, group sex, wife swapping, torture, S&M as common behavior now. I won't even go into depth with the increase in violence. Yeah, we had scary movies in the 80's but what is up with all of this "torture murder" crap that is going into movies now? (End rant on violence as that could take hours)

What was moral is now wrong and ridiculed, what was wrong is now OK and promoted.

Am I the only one who has noticed?

OK - back to the original topic - There are a ton of other "prophecies" that have or can be fulfilled in the near future and beyond that are the other sources we see on the Discovery Channel and the like on 2012, Other prophets, etc. and it gets people a bit jumpy.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I was raised in an extremely fundamentalist church that believed in speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing, i.e., the gifts of the spirit. For as long as I can recall, some preacher, or some church member would stand up and give a prophecy that the return of Christ was imminent. Usually, the prophecy was given in tongues, and then someone would interpret, which is according to biblical directive. However, it was ALWAYS the preacher who had the interpretation.
I have read the bible through and through several times, and have always tried to pick different translations, in case there was a different perspective. I have come to the conclusion that everything, with the exception of Israel "blooming," could have, and has, happened over and over throughout the centuries. We have always had earthquakes "in diverse places," economic turmoil, (read "recession/depression") and nation rising against nation.
In addition, there are a lot of crackpot preachers out there who thing they have their own personal hotline to the Creator, and they alone are privleged to interpret the Bible according to what is going on in the world. These guys are usually junior high school dropouts who have an online purchased PhD, and an extremely narrow view of the Universe, and extremely bad grammar.
When I hear one of these idiots screaming about the end of the world, I change the channel and go back to sleep.
As an aside, the Bible does not speak about "the end of the world." In contrast, it speaks of a "world without end."

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The Antichrist comes first. He will deceive millions. The scriptures say that if God did not cut this time of tribulation short none would be left alive and even the Elect,"if it were possible" would be deceived.
The Antichrist will reveal himself when he stops the Jewish sacrifices "in the middle of the week" and proclaims himself god. 7 days in a week, 7 years in the tribulation, so after 3 1/2 years of rule, the Antichrist is revealed for what he is.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Every World War was an economic realignment.

Now that the U.S. is falling, other nations are rising, and precious resources are becoming scarce/pricey, we will see another realignment.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Prince William will be the antichrist. The world loves diana's boyz. but william in particular is the favourite. If u remember correctly he was busted a few years back for dressing up like a nazi

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
hehe... I think all of the Fear & Doom is based on all of the "prophecy" stories we have heard.... pretty much all I have heard (from those that mention wars) is 3... anyone know a prophecy that talks about the 4th or 5th World War?

Most of the Bible prophecy is because many of the end times "pre-requisites" are now met.

Israel becoming a nation again (1948)

The rebuilding of the temple (3rd temple) - may be happening soon as it has been mentioned that the mosque that is currently on the temple mount may not be where the Jewish temple once stood (gentiles sector if I am not mistaken) and they may rebuild the temple on the mount away from the mosque.

The "technology" to reach a world audience (modern telecommunications / TV)

The technology needed to bring about a "mark of the beast" where nobody can buy or sell without it (some kind of implant and no hard currency).

The persecution of Christianity (hell, who would have believed 30 years ago that this could happen in the US? It is mind boggling to see how society has changed and how Christianity is scorned.

Sodom & Gomorrah - Wow, watch TV. I cannot believe how much our society has degraded. Some of the reality stuff on MTV prime time would be on HBO after dark 25 years ago. Our children are bombarded with sex, group sex, wife swapping, torture, S&M as common behavior now. I won't even go into depth with the increase in violence. Yeah, we had scary movies in the 80's but what is up with all of this "torture murder" crap that is going into movies now? (End rant on violence as that could take hours)

What was moral is now wrong and ridiculed, what was wrong is now OK and promoted.

Am I the only one who has noticed?

OK - back to the original topic - There are a ton of other "prophecies" that have or can be fulfilled in the near future and beyond that are the other sources we see on the Discovery Channel and the like on 2012, Other prophets, etc. and it gets people a bit jumpy.

i have noticed this as well- basically shocked and somewhat puzzeled by
actions of people who should be 'adults'. there is a non-caring attitude and a no-courteous policy with regard to others.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I think we are getting close. Looking around and getting a vibration
tells you this.
I can see the 'lost' souls among us.
To put a timeline on it is as the bible states. You will not know the
hour , but you will know by the signs that time is near.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

until you actually see someone being healed and are healed yourself...you'll always be a skeptic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join