It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sincere apology from a follower of Jesus Christ…really!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

You see, from a Christian perspective…we see our job as a life preserver…one who MUST throw the life preserver…to the person who is drowning…

Don't you think thats a bit presumptuous (and arrogant) ?

Probably...

Have you read Romans 3:23, 6:23. 5:8, 10:9,10 ?

OT

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

You see, from a Christian perspective…we see our job as a life preserver…one who MUST throw the life preserver…to the person who is drowning…

The problem is…you don’t see yourself as drowning, right?
THE JOB OF A CHRISTIAN IS TO BE A FORCE OF GOOD…IN THE WORLD…
That is my hope, prayer…and desire…

What if the problem is... I read the Bible too. Do you see from my perspective? What if I read it, and decided you were drowning, and not me. What if the problem was that you don't see that you're drowning. What if I felt it was my duty to show you why and how. Will you apologize for yourself too? Or just for the Church and not yourself?...

because of the people HE spent time with….normal people like you and me, who loved their families, liked a good beer/glass of wine…and wondered why the extremists/christian fundamentalists were they way they were?

...none of the bar friends he spent time with was wondering about "Christian Fundamentalists"... getting the time lines mixed up here Old Timer?...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by karl 12

Don't you think thats a bit presumptuous (and arrogant) ?

Probably...

Have you read Romans 3:23, 6:23. 5:8, 10:9,10 ?

OT

No but does it agree?
I'm all for people beleving whatever they wish but when they start
(ab)using a non provable beleif system to begin sanctimoniously proselytizing about how they are more holy/special/chosen/superior to everyone else....then it just smacks of dangerous cult logic to me.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

OldThinker:

I understand where you were coming from and what your intentions were. I know you kind of and know you really are trying to help reach those who have be hurt and turned off by a church or other believer.

I am no offended by what you said or how you said it.

The only Scripture I would like to add is 2 Peter 1:5
"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge, self-control; and to self-control perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love."

This should be a reminder for ALL BELIEVERS. Sometimes some of us can get too full of themselves.

Peace in his Holy Name,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

This should be a reminder for ALL BELIEVERS. Sometimes some of us can get too full of themselves.

Grandma,
Aren't you really saying the same thing as Old Thinker did in his opening post?

I don't desire to be lumped in with this category you have made.

The only Scripture I would like to add is 2 Peter 1:5

Actually, you quoted 2 Peter 1:5-7.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

Oh Excuse me

Peace,
Grandma

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join