It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sincere apology from a follower of Jesus Christ…really!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
See my big point is if you want to know sometimes why people have a hard time listening to Christians it is because of lines like that

I do not need the so called 'life preserver' because it's already been given to me and since them I am floating and swimming just fine.

I don't mind that you say it but if you wish to be taken more seriously I think you need to appreciate the fact that inteeligent human beings exist outside of Christianity and that because they don't agre with you does not mean they are wrong

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
As posters…so many times we, Christians, come off as arrogant, detached from reality and a bit weird to the typical viewer/poster…

That's true some times. There are some real aggressive, weird, and crazy people that call themselves Christians. That shouldn't come as a surprise to us though. Christians are simply a sampling of the society that we live in. I think there's a misconception that once you become a Christian you become perfect overnight. This isn't true at all. While Christians have a down payment of what they will become, they haven't taken full ownership of that right yet. They are for the moment, still people just like everyone else.

What separates Christians from everyone else? Faith. Faith in what they can't see and faith in what they will become one day. Read Hebrews 11 and you'll see that even the greatest like Abraham had nothing more than faith. He never received what he was promised while he was on this Earth. We as Christians have faith and work towards the goal of being like Christ.

Until that time, please forgive us for being idiots at times just like everyone else is. We fall down and get up just like everyone else. That's what separates the faithful from the unfaithful. We keep trying despite our failures.

Proverbs 24:16
For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again, But the wicked stumble in time of calamity.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

He isn't saying he is ashamed for the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is saying that he knows not all people who proclaim to be a Christian truly are one, he also apologizes for sometimes Christians having an arrogant attitude.

THIS is the correct way to witness to lost souls:

# Do your job well - If this seems like an odd way to start, perhaps we have separated our ordinary lives from God. If we are the Body of Christ, we are filled with every grace and blessing. If we are part of the Son of God, should we not be able to work hard and serve our customers, co-workers, and supervisors well? We are given the opportunity to use our gifts in some way through our jobs, volunteer work or parenting. If Christians cannot handle the small tasks of ordinary life, how can we be entrusted with eternal life?
# Avoid cliched phrases and living - Like any group, Christians have stock phrases and behaviors. These are not wrong in themselves, but as they become automatic they lose whatever meaning they had, especially for unbelievers. The Sign of the Cross, the "fish" signs on cars and shirts, and The Rapture can all become empty slogans and motions. They have no meaning for unbelievers. "The Word of God is living and effective," not encased in plastic.
# Be loving - This may seem a cliché, but it is necessary to discuss it. Christian love is to the world as water in the desert. Rare and welcome. The world may not want the Gospel, but it wants Peace, which will only come through love. Love everyone, at least in terms of silently wishing everyone well. Rather than praying for the conversion of those around us, we should pray for their health and happiness. Sincere love must come before evangelization is possible. If we are gentle and loving, others may notice and want to be closer to us. They will soon notice the loving atmosphere where the Gospel is lived. Our love should result in action, and those closest to us must know the love of God through our service and kindness.
# Be respectful and show courtesy - Love is shown by our respect for others, especially respect for those whom the world expects us to despise. Because the world tries to see the Gospel as just another ideology, we are expected to hate those that do not live as we do. But Jesus died for all, with no exceptions, and so we must show every kindness to others, but without pronouncing a blessing on their acts. No insults should proceed from us, and even the lost arts of "please" and "thank you" must be applied often. This courtesy must extend to children, criminals, the homeless and workers that serve us. God plays no favorites.

Here

The good brother is apologizing for the actions of Christians who witness in a way that polarizes the lost soul.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

*******The key to successful evangelism, according to Jesus’ own words is love and the Bible defines it as” Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,” I Cor 13:4
And actually there are 5 kinds of love, the form of love we are to use to witness is "Agape" love, the same love Jesus had for us. A love that is one that you'd sacrifice yourself for.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Why are you so hostile to another man who also professes the love the Lord as well? We are not to be hostile to one another, that doesn't speak well for the love of Jesus Christ working within us. I don't think it's good to have such a resentful attitude towards another brother in Christ. (Yes, I use the term when a fellow man loves the Lord and tries to follow the straight and narrow, who also preaches the Word of God). I'll call you my brother in Christ as well, even if you don't agree with my understanding of scripture. Such trivial things shouldn't divide us.

Mark 3:35 "Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

Matthew 5:24 "Leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.

Matthew 18:15 "If your brother sins against you," go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over," (Maybe you two should argue your understanding of scripture in U2U format?)

Luke 17:3 "So watch yourself. "If your brother sins, rebuke him.

1John 2:9 Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing, in him to make him stumble.

1 John 4:21 And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

There is nothing wrong with calling a fellow believer in our Lord Jesus Christ a "brother" or "sister" in Christ. Such trivial matters should NOT be a reason for division. Lost souls read your condemnation and think "If they can't even agree on calling eachother "brother" or not, they have no idea about even the important matters of salvation or the teachings of Jesus".

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosimitie Sam
Make no mistake you need the life preserver... don't wait until you are underwater to find out.

The catholics have been issuing lots of apologies -- so just let them handle it. They own most of the problems anyway - and they are NOT the "church" of Christ.

AMEN to that! The "Mother of HARLOTS" will have a horrible judgment at that Day.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Love everyone, at least in terms of silently wishing everyone well. Rather than praying for the conversion of those around us, we should pray for their health and happiness. Sincere love must come before evangelization is possible.

If you sincerely mean this then you have shown me that you are truly a wonderful individual. If a Christian, hell any other religion, pushes me then I immediately stop listening. If you present me with material then I will listen calmly and I will listen with all my attention on you.

To OP

I never asked anyone to pray for me. I am not trying to sound ungrateful but telling me things like that and ending a post with God Bless You isn't what I am looking for. We are havign a nice calm debate and yet at all turns I feel like I must show you some chink in my armor so you can slip the gospel in. I have seen the gospel, I have seen the ords and actions of God and Jesus Christ and I have discovered it isn't right for me. I am so very respectful that your faith is so strong. It sure beats the heck out of the 'pagans' I have seen who are doing it to piss off mommy and daddy or because it's cool.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh but to me doing things of this manner like blessing me or telling me you are going to pray for me is like buying a puppy for a friend for Christmas. You don't know how someone is going to react. If you wish to pray for me by all means please do. I am not going to turn it down but I did not ask nor request it and frankly don't need or want it.

It's like the life preserver thing. I don't need or want it because I am floating just fine with the one the goddess has provided me. In fact, I am doing better than fine with it. Again, people really shouldn't pretend to know what's best for other.

What if I said to you that you need a life preserver and Isis will provide it for you, otherwise you are surely lost? I don't know you well enough to know what's best for you because I am not you. You are a human being and obviously are intelligent so by all means, pray all you want but don't give me blessings I didn't ask for and don't tell me that I have to have protection and guidance from someone I have researched and don't wish to be close to. I am not trying to sound mean or overstate my case but it isn't going to happen. If that to you means I am a lost soul then consider me lost and move on. The evangelism has been tried on me in all angles of all manner and it isn't what I need.

Thank you again for your time

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Examples 1 and 2?

I suppose I could drag out (it would take a few hours...) some posts from other forums that are letters of recommendation. There are quite few, though. I need to look past them, though. For I have a GREAT amount of things that I REGRET that are archived on the Internet. I would hope that someone reading everything I've written over the past, say, 12 years, would reckon that I have shown some maturity. (I am LESS embarrassed about what I wrote yesterday than I am about what I wrote 10 years ago.)

I suppose that the Apostle Paul had FANTASTIC letters of recommendation?? Yet he counted it all loss:

Phil 3:4-8 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

and a little later in the same chapter:

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Paul realized he was in a "Godly race". This "marathon race" that we might call "life" still loomed before him. Paul wasn't interested in either GLORIFYING himself OR APOLOGIZING for himself for the past.

Paul said:
"forgetting those things which are behind"

Paul didn't seem highly interested in the "cheers or boos" that the bystanders shouted in his marathon (life). I suppose he may have been (like any other man) temporarily boosted (or feel saddened) by the cheers and boos...but he ignored what was "behind" and pressed on "toward the MARK for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. "

Here is another passage where Paul talks about "receiving the prize":

1 Cor 9:27 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Paul saw that the prize at the end was BETTER than the applause or boos along the way!

I suppose an entire sermon could be preached upon this? It could include discussion about "who" the "bystanders" are? And "why" are they there? And "who" they are in your life? It could include "why the other competitors ( I think they are Brethren) don't like cheating"? It could include so much!

Again, I've digressed from the topic, but I also acknowledge there are other readers of this public post.

If you are to compare your posts (submitted as a proof of sorts) on ATS/BTS to try to let me (or others) know how great (others say about it) they are...

...you win.

I can find very few "positive" encouragement posts directed toward me...on the entire Internet! I hope (believe) I am "getting better" in God's eyes every day.

I have a LOT of stuff I said, that I wish I had NEVER SAID....now.

STILL, I press on toward the "prize" and I need to be:

"forgetting those things which are behind", as Paul said.

I can't be captivated by previous admiration, nor disgust. I press on toward the prize.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

How was your day?

You get a change to review the back to the future...liar, lunatic, lord example...

I really have no idea what this means...

[edit on 13-8-2008 by PreTribGuy]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

PreTribGuy,

Good morning!

Ooops!

I thought I had included this prior post with the others, but the 2nd thing to go is the memory…and I can’t remember the first!

I had mixed a little Back to the Future and the Classic CS Lewis argument. Please see below…

OT (sharper from conversing with you-thank you-Phil 1:3)

= = = =

Remember Back to the Future and the Delorian (sp?) Imagine if you were Micheal J Fox and someone asked you to go to five (only 5) different time zones/geographical areas and meet one person in each time zone/area and ask them, "please write a book about God, I'll be back in 5 years to collect it."

Five years later you went and picked up the five books. Logically speaking what are the chances those five books would agree? What are the chances those five books would build upon one another? What are the chances you could make any semblance out of them...to live by or the like? Snowballs in your know where, right?

Different people! Different cultures! Difference Time frames! Different Premises! Different World view! etc...

Logically speaking you would have five unconnected books with five different perspectives, right?

Well, the Bible (torah, prophets, gospels, epistles, revelation) are not 5 books by five authors, but 66 books by 40 authors...who did not know one another, did not live in the same town, did not live in the same time line...authors were of every occupation and financial status........yet......the Bible is a one-themed, continuing story.

Doesn't prove it God's Word yet though...just something that might warrant another look.

Point 2 ---- Here's an undisputable fact (I believe at least after examining) Jesus of Nazareth claimed to be God, his followers claimed He claimed to be God...and...non Christian journalist (such as Josephus) claimed He claimed he was God. Doesn't appear here to be different agendas going on. He said it, His followers said He said it, third parties said He said it and even his enemies said He said it (Sanhedrin, Pharisees, etc)

SO...with all that said...we have only two LOGICAL outcomes. No religious double-talk here) Either you BELIEVE or you REJECT. Really no other options right? If you believe, then to you HE IS LORD. If you REJECT there are really only two options for you.

1) JC knew he wasn't telling the truth, therefore he would be A LIAR

2) JC didn't know he wasn't telling the truth, therefore he would be A LUNATIC.

That's the only three logical outcomes...LIAR, LUNATIC of LORD. There is no room for him being a good guy and all, no room for him being a prophet as every other religion on the face of the earth calls him.

Because prophets don't lie and they are not usually in psych wards.

Point 3 ---- Most direct followers were killed for believing in JC. If they had stole his body and the Romans excused, at least one of them would have squealed just before their execution right? I would have...

but NO-All these ordinary folks were willing to die for what they saw…

JC is LORD!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

he also apologizes for sometimes Christians having an arrogant attitude.

I have spent the past few days trying to think of a single Biblical example of God ever "apologizing" to unbelievers for the sins of the Saints.

If someone can show me a clear (Bible) example of this, I will examine it.

I also cannot find a single example of Jesus (who IS God), Paul, Peter, John, etc.. ever apologizing for the sins of the Saints to unbelievers.

I also cannot find a single example of any of Apostles ever ever TEACHING this should be done.

The closest to this idea/concept I could find is:

Romans 2:17-24 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

...but even THIS isn't an apology to unbelievers! This is a clear REBUKE!

I am currently (...as in the absence of a clear example from the Bible), wondering what message (statement) would be sent to the unbelieving world by such an "apology from God"? Wouldn't such an apology be tantamount to God saying, "My Salvation is failing!"????

(I am going to need to cut this short, for it appears that my wife is going into some contractions (a baby) and I think I may need to go to the hospital shortly...)

May I please be allowed to pick this up again? After I get back from the hospital and get some time?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
PreTribGuy2 on the way!

That's great news...I'll be praying for health for all...

OT

PS: Please see link when you have time..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
yall can believe a Jewish carpenters apprentice dropout is god, but ill actually more stick with the old testament and the older texts. Thanks.

No offense, ahem, but the only redeemable thing from the Old Testament is the Ten Commandments. The rest of it sounds like it came from some demonic god that I know not. Sorry, that's just the way I see it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You will NEVER find an instance where either God of Jesus apologized for their truth. Because they shared it with man perfectly. They are perfect. You, I, OT, or anyone else CANNOT witness perfectly like they did. Therefore, sometimes our "fruits" or "works" are not good ones. Remember they shall be tested by fire when we are judged and the poor ones will be burnt up and the genuine ones we will be rewarded for.

We are to be humble, we are also told to rebuke eachother in private. And we are told that if we have sinned against a brother to leave our offering at the alter, reconcile first to our brother, then return to give our offering. That implies that we are NOT perfect in our faith as Jesus was. We're human, and we are still sinners.

There is NOTHING wrong with humbling oneself when that person is convicted by the Holy Spirit that they did wrong my brother. We ALL hope to be perfect witnesses like our Lord Jesus Christ was, but we cannot be perfect like Him. It's ludicrous to think we can, we are NOT perfect.

Here is an example:

Catholics claim to be "Christians". Catholics committed some of the most horrendous atrocities in the history of the world, inquisitions, crusades, all in the name of Jesus Christ. So what happens today because of it???

Millions of people think their satanic practices speak for Jesus Christ Himself. Major victory for Satan.

I for one have NO PROBLEM apologizing for the crimes, sins, and murders of those "Christians". Their satanic actions have turned MILLIONS from the true Christian faith.

You are 100% correct, the gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect and infallible, however, many people claiming to be "Christians" have used the Gospel for their own selfish desires and horrible persecutions in the history of this Earth, and apology is due where we as imperfect humans have perverted or done wrong all in the name of Jesus.

CONGRATULATIONS on your families new addition!!!!!!!!! God Bless you my brother!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by whatukno
yall can believe a Jewish carpenters apprentice dropout is god, but ill actually more stick with the old testament and the older texts. Thanks.

No offense, ahem, but the only redeemable thing from the Old Testament is the Ten Commandments. The rest of it sounds like it came from some demonic god that I know not. Sorry, that's just the way I see it.

By "demonic" you must mean "just", when God gives his commandments and punishes those who refuse to abide by them then he is JUST.

How would you feel about a judge that decided whether or not he was going to punish the guilty of the law on a case by case basis??

That judge we would all consider corrupt.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Oldthinker and Noturtypical,

I apologize for the lengthly delay. My wife and our 4th child are now home with me (our first boy). I was able to go to the hospital and get back home Thursday night in less than 3 hours, for the baby came very quickly!

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

There is so much to answer to (and FOR) in this thread, I'm afraid I won't be able to give all of it justice if I try to answer everything. I started writing some things Thursday night and did more writing yesterday, all saved as drafts, but I don't think they are "complete" answers. I was trying to answer the thread in "chronological order", but I don't know that I can find the time (right now) to answer everything in complete detail.

As you may note, some of my posts take up to 4 (or MORE) hours to write and rewrite. I try to be as precise as I can.

(continued below)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey, no problem Christian brother, a well thought out response is far better than careless words.

Again, congratulations on your new addition! God has really blessed you with a big family, that means he trusts you and your wife's leadership a great deal.

Praise God.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Having said the above I will try to resume:

You will NEVER find an instance where either God of Jesus apologized for their truth. Because they shared it with man perfectly. They are perfect.

I agree, but that really isn't my contention.

You, I, OT, or anyone else CANNOT witness perfectly like they did.

I am going to quote a Bible verse and I ask that it be read carefully, ok?

2 Cor. 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Paul says there is nothing a Saint can do that will stop/hinder/halt the advancement of the truth. This verse (I speak from experience) is a VERY difficult verse to fully comprehend...and live out. There is so much freedom in that verse for the Saint!

The Saint who fully and completely understands that verse is fearless of men.

It is a good verse to put to memory.

we are also told to rebuke eachother in private

The New Testament is full of examples of OPEN rebuke. Paul rebuking Peter is just one example. The private rebuke is not the issue here. Private rebukes are reserved for personal disputes between brothers. And even then...it can be brought into public if the matter isn't resolved.

We ALL hope to be perfect witnesses like our Lord Jesus Christ was, but we cannot be perfect like Him. It's ludicrous to think we can, we are NOT perfect.

But didn't Jesus give this command:
Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Was this just "wishful thinking" or "careless words" by Jesus?

Didn't Jesus say to the woman caught in Adultery, "go and sin no more"? (I've got a lot to say on this subject, but I want to stay focused here)

Catholics claim to be "Christians". Catholics committed some of the most horrendous atrocities in the history of the world, inquisitions, crusades, all in the name of Jesus Christ. So what happens today because of it???

Millions of people think their satanic practices speak for Jesus Christ Himself. Major victory for Satan.

I for one have NO PROBLEM apologizing for the crimes, sins, and murders of those "Christians". Their satanic actions have turned MILLIONS from the true Christian faith.

You are 100% correct, the gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect and infallible, however, many people claiming to be "Christians" have used the Gospel for their own selfish desires and horrible persecutions in the history of this Earth, and apology is due where we as imperfect humans have perverted or done wrong all in the name of Jesus.

I apologize for the long quote, but it was needed for context.

I think we are getting to the "heart" of the matter here. Whether this was stated "on purpose" or an "accident", really doesn't matter, but it appears that a "distinction" is being made between "mere professors of Christianity" and the "REAL Christians".

The poster is correct. He/she recognizes that there are MANY who CLAIM to be "Christians", but their fruit (rather, the lack OF fruit), defies their confession.

Jesus said the same thing right here:
Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Jesus outright denies they are Christians.
Jesus also says that the "mere confessors" will GROW larger and larger in size (number) as we approach the last days:

Matt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

For other examples, please look up the parable of the mustard tree and the parable of the woman hiding leaven. Same thing.

(continued below)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The (real) Saint is now left with a fairly unpleasant task:

"To try to figure out who is a real Saint and who is merely "a confessor".

This, it seems, is an impossible task, for only God knows their hearts. We (with our limited knowledge) can only follow the instructions given to us in the Bible.

How are we instructed?

Well, one of the ways is:
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

But I think it is helpful, here, to review a very relevant passage in Scripture:

1 Cor. 5:1-6 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Paul makes no apology for this Saint, nor the Church in Corinth, instead he rebukes them!

The sins of the Saints are to be rebuked and repented of, not "apologized for" (toward unbelievers). The sin is against God, not unbelievers!

Consider Ananias and Sapphira:
Acts 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Peter offers no apology to men, for there WAS no sin against men...the sin was against God!

When a man accidentally bumps into another car in a parking lot in front of bystanders, what good does an apology to the BYSTANDERS do? The apology is owed to the owner of the other car...not the BYSTANDERS! The bystanders how no power to "forgive"...so why make an apology to them?

When a man, who is convicted in court, wants mercy, he doesn't ask the court reporter for mercy...for he/she has no power to do so. The convicted man begs for mercy from the one who CAN deliver mercy. What possible difference would the court reporter's response make? It would have no bearing on the outcome whatsoever.

The convicted man (rightly) should have no fear of the court reporter, for he/she has no power, at all.

(continued below)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Now, hopefully, in this post I will tie everything together.

The question, as I understand it, is:

"Should a Saint apologize, to unbelievers, for how Christianity is sometimes preached?"

Here is what Paul said:
Phil 1:15-18 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Paul acknowledges that Christ is preached "of envy and strife", but rather than apologizing for it...he REJOICES in it!

Paul said "love does not rejoice in iniquity" (1 Cor 13:6), so he apparently saw no iniquity there, and thus there was no need for an apology. Paul REJOICED in truth!

There just is no need to apologize to anyone for Jesus Christ being preached. If we are to follow the example Paul gave us, we are to REJOICE about it!

As a final(?) example, let's go to what Jesus said:
Mark 9:38-40 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Jesus basically said, "Leave them alone".

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, someday soon (I HOPE!) will be preached to the entire world...and then the end will come.

Matt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

There is no need to worry that some, or even a few, or even ONE single Saint will "miss" (not get saved through) the Gospel message of Jesus Christ because of us. Jesus promised that would never happen:

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

It would be a horrific thought to think that there is just ONE "soul" who was sent to hell because of the "imperfect" witness of the Gospel by a Saint. It is a needless fear, though. For Jesus promised it wouldn't happen and Paul agrees:

2 Cor 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join