It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA Satellite Picks Up UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If it weren't for the TV show theme going on when I looked at the title of this thread, I may not've clicked it!

Anywho, it looks like a classic saucer, and it's approaching Earth like on Mars Attacks-.........

Every time I'm reminded of that movie I nearly puke laughing.

Love Burton movies. Or was it originally writen by someone else and he made it a movie?
*Off topic, sorry!

When satillites pick up UFOs it's especially creepy and exciting 'cause sceptics have a hard time debunking those.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Looks too large to me to be a satellite.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wow, that is a great find... nicely done. That is huge whatever it is!!! Flagged!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Pretty sure it is the moon, actually almost positive. Look at this picture here EARTH AND MOON The area where the so called UFO is located is the exact same area and size the moon is in this picture. Especially the distance from the moon to the earth.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by no one special

I noticed the size of the object too!

Wait a minute, but it's not that size compared to Earth 'cause it's not right beside the planet.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Geez folks.
This was debunked back in early 2000. Doesn't anyone read www.Rense.com ?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Skeptical, you should calm down a little.
Why would you think this wouldn't get the regular ATS treatment?

On a side note, it's hard to come across as intellectually superior, like you've been trying to those who bash you- When you use letters as words, and constantly misspell "Intriguing".

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
SO is this one of the GFL ships momentarily uncloaking for whatever reason was given as to why they would?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
heh.. nice try buddy.

That's the moon.

Of course it's radiating heat. Its 270F when the sun passes over it

Windows? Really?

Try craters.

Oh no wait.. is that a face! ITS THE MAN IN THE MOON!

Has ATS really devolved to this?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
heh.. nice try buddy.

Windows? Really?

Try craters.

Oh no wait.. is that a face! ITS THE MAN IN THE MOON!

Has ATS really devolved to this?

What is with the attitude?

Couldn't you have expressed your thought in a less facetious way?

Maybe something like, "Those are craters and the guy who wrote the original article was simply a little overzealous and imaginative."

With the amount of saracasm on this website, the owners are going to have to change the name to, (Above Top Secret but Below Common Decency.)

don't be an a**

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ok...I have studied this photo and studied...And studied.

I am not prone to flights of fancy, some of you may know this already... But I think I can identify this.

It's an alien space ship...I just don't know what else it could possibly be. Unless someone can come up with a reason I should believe otherwise.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

See my post above or google moon and earth under goole photos. It is the moon. It is in the exact place the moon would be and the exact same distance and size. Case Closed.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

See my post above or google moon and earth under goole photos. It is the moon. It is in the exact place the moon would be and the exact same distance and size. Case Closed.

You're not quite accounting for the position this object is in. It is just above Washington State...It is not on the far end. I studied this photo to see if it was just an optical illusion. It isn't. This looks nothing like the moon and last I checked you need lots of mass to create gravitational lensing...So this isn't a skewed view of the moon due to Earths gravity. The thing is flat. You cannot make out any curvature at all. It also has and irregular pitch that would ONLY be apparent if it were a flat disc not a sphere.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

funny how you seem to know my moods...
im completely calm and not bashing anyone?....anyhooo...this thread is not about me so please keep on topic...and who said i try and act intellectual?...and yes i do mis spell words sometimes it happens to the best of us haha....love it when people only can bash spelling for ppl they disagree w/ and have absolutely nothing else to add to the thread besides such kiddy banter...why dont you try bashing me by putting your 2 cents in on this thread...show some intellect that way

Skept!cal

[edit on 13-8-2008 by skept!cal]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
In case nobody is reading the thread i believe it was solved on page one or the beginning of page 2 that this is INDEED the moon...Just read the thread on the first or second page someone posted the link w/ the evidence...as ive said before CASE CLOSED

Skept!cal

p.s. The Decorum of this thread is starting to stink...their is no reason to be rude on here we are all looking and trying to find the same things...did'nt we all learn from our parents at a young age that "if you cant say anything nice why bother saying anything at all?"

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by tide88

You're not quite accounting for the position this object is in. It is just above Washington State...It is not on the far end. I studied this photo to see if it was just an optical illusion. It isn't. This looks nothing like the moon and last I checked you need lots of mass to create gravitational lensing...So this isn't a skewed view of the moon due to Earths gravity. The thing is flat. You cannot make out any curvature at all. It also has and irregular pitch that would ONLY be apparent if it were a flat disc not a sphere.

uh, you do know that the Moon orbits the earth so it would be in different places at different times. But just to prove my point he is a NOAA SATALITTE MOON PHOTO on the side that matches this picture almost exactly. EARTH AND MOON PHOTO As the OP says "its the moon, case closed." BTW I personally believe in UFO's, this just isnt one.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by tide88]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The article states the object is about 100 miles from earth, The Moon is approx 360,000 km away......It can't be the Moon.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
pretty cool so umm how do they know it has windows?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
The article states the object is about 100 miles from earth, The Moon is approx 360,000 km away......It can't be the Moon.

You cant be serious. That alone proves they are lying. Measure the distance from the earth to the object in question. Use a piece of paper and mark the distance with a pen. Now using that piece of paper compare the distance from the object to earth to the size of the USA. The distance between that object is approxamitly 1/3 the size of the USA. So unless the US is only 300 miles wide it is not anywhere close to 100 miles to earth. You also cant measure the two as if they are flat objects side by side. You have to look at it as 3 dimensional. Which would also put Earth way infront of the moon. See here MOON IS BEHIND THE EARTH not directly next to it And take into account that the moon is approximatly 1/4 the size of earth you can see how far away it actually is. That is why it is obviously 360,000 km away. Saying it can't be the moon is redicuous.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by tide88]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by meatballxl5
I remember seeing this image a while back (although not on here) and it is impressive.
Have found this site, debating whether the object in question is the moon-

www.geocities.com...

I can't see it myself. This object is big but not that big!
Maybe a meteor/ asteroid? that may explain the heat described.
Don't know about the windows, maybe just impact craters?

The Moon was my first estimate as well. However, the guy in the First Link describes Object details (ie, Steam, Windows, etc.) visible in a Magnified View, yet the same individual fails to provide the Zoomed-In View that he purpotes shows these very details. That action in of itself screams "Fanatic".

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join