It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA Satellite Picks Up UFO?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yes i did do a search for this and found nothing here at ATS, so if it is here i must have missed it and of course am sorry...read this article its very very intriging....Seems something was picked up by NOAA Satellite of a HUGE "something" in orbit www.beyondweird.com...

Enjoy

Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is a really cool article...lets get some thoughts on what in the world this could actually be? I mean that thing is HUGE...Thoughts anyone?..Internos where ya at...i definitley respect your opinion...and well of course
the whole entire ATS community

Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yikes! That looks to be the size of Rhode Island! Boggles the mind. I wonder how they ruled out dust and computer error though. Best, Gram.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I remember seeing this image a while back (although not on here) and it is impressive.
Have found this site, debating whether the object in question is the moon-

www.geocities.com...

I can't see it myself. This object is big but not that big!
Maybe a meteor/ asteroid? that may explain the heat described.
Don't know about the windows, maybe just impact craters?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
thats a rather intriging point...i suppose it could be the moon, but unlikely unless they have complete idiots running there systems over there at NOAA...at least you would hope they know what the moon would look like on there own satellite images...if not hey hook me up w/ a job I could do as well as them if this is the case
...thanks for your reply...im baffled by the sure enormity of this thing...anyone good at estimating the size of this?

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

oh.. geeezz.. they call that the moon.. it orbits the earth.. most people know that it exists.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

did you read the article? Nobody said that it was "the moon" its was pure speculation by another ATS member...i suggest you read the article its acutally pretty interesting...so what do you suppose it is?

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

its the moon... just someones idea of a joke.. they only show those couple of photos.. as the satellite moves around the earth.. the moon is hidden behind the earth.. if you look at the first photo.. you can plainly see that it is the moon.. not quite in its full moon stage, its amazing some clown can get people excited over the moon. If you look at other satellite photos.. you will see the same thing.. just do a bit of a search

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have asked Environment Canada for images of the globe from their satellites for that time and date to see if there is anything abnormal on ours. Now its just a waiting game to see if they will respond.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

id say if your so incredibly confident some proof would be absolutely awesome..thanks in advance for such proof

Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

great job QBsneak...your the kind of members that keep me on here at ATS...people that really try and put some leg work behind these kind of things..not just saying oh well it's "the moon" for instance...well if ppl are really thinking such things then id say they should at least post some sort of proof for there claims...im digging as we speak for more NOAA satellite images...well see what we can find...thanks again for not being one of the total tools of the community

Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Okay just found some images...and i gotta tell ya philjawolf or whatever your name is your biting off some of your credibiltiy now cause i have a website that features these photo's and no they do not show any such objects as you refer to as "the moon" its actually laughable in my opinion that you were so quick to say as such w/ out any research...here is a website that will show you some images to furthur satisfy your self, but i highly doubt it will do so www.wrh.noaa.gov... ...just scroll all the way down on the left side till you get to the "FULL DISC" area and look away...i think you will be eating your words now

Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hey skeptical. I found a thread for this here...

NOAA Satellite Picks up Giant UFO in Earth Orbit

Rush

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This isn't new at all.

www.abovetopsecret.com... '2004

The info on the site your provided is just that, that websites opinion.

Edit, I enjoy when someone says "it's the moon" and the poster of the thread says "you're not creditable."

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Thanks Skeptical, but I have to say that it is going to be extremely difficult to obtain any image from that long ago. As hopeful as I am, Im not sure if thy will have that archived. Im crossing my fingers though.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Click here for more information.

Oh please ATS, grow up a little. I stated his comment to the other posters opinion was one sided, hence the (and I'll say this politely) buttocks comment.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

i never said he wasnt credible...i simply said saying "its the moon" without even somewhat providing any kind of evidence for you claims takes some of his credibiltiy away? Am I wrong for saying as such?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here is a link to a ufology website that reported this, then later admitted that they were fooled and that it was indeed the moon.

Important: you need to read the update at the end of this page.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has several Geosynchronous Orbiting Environmental Satellites (GOES) in orbit watching the Earth's weather and environment. On November 21, 1999, at 14:45Z hours our satellites caught an amazing photo of a UFO at an estimated hundred miles above the Earth off the coast of the state of Washington. Russel Kirchner phoned to inform that he had obtained the satellite photos and was sending them for all to see. The University of Colorado also keeps these photos on file for reference.

And then later admitted that he had been "bamboozled"...

The above lines date back to January 25, 2001, when I just started to get interested in the topic of UFOS.

At March 15, 2004, Observatoire Zététique finds a very simple explanation for the object seen on photography: it is the Moon.

See full article here

Please read the entire article. Hope this helps.

Rush

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by skept!cal

i never said he wasnt credible...i simply said saying "its the moon" without even somewhat providing any kind of evidence for you claims takes some of his credibiltiy away? Am I wrong for saying as such?

Honestly I can say the same about you stating it's a UFO, I believe it's a coffee stain, that's as believable as it being a UFO.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

LMAO...and your not acting like an @ss? hahaha read above it explains...so are you gonna contribute to this thread or try and bash me?...Cause if you didnt notice the title of the thread was not "Skept!cal is an @ss"...ive never had to ignore someone, but comments such as this lead me close to such actions...y dont you post and let me know y and what you think it is...as i said before posting something with the attitude of Philwolf's post earlier does absolutely nothing for the boards at all...and if you disagree what can i say its your right, but its my right to post my opinions as well and not be called an @ss for it as you have said....look foward to your comments...thanks

Skept!cal

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join