It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This website contains viruses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I reformatted my computer and installed virus protection and immediatly logged onto this website and i got all kinds of weird malware on my computer/

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I agree completely. I have McAfee SiteAdvisor and constantly get warnings that this site is trying to access my computer. It's one of the reasons I have not signed up as a member.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
That's odd, I have never encountered a virus or malware or any other kind of malicious program while on ATS. I run a few anti virus programs that update frequently, not one of them ever went off by me going to ATS.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Pait

Is your operating system (assumingly, Windows) a paid-for version?
Is your AV paid-for? What AV is it?
Do you have a firewall?
You may have a rootkit infection (doens't care about formats).

I run hell-a protection, there's nothing on this site that would infect your PC.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I run hell-a protection, there's nothing on this site that would infect your PC.

What's hell-a protection? I'm curious cuz all I have is Norton through Yahoo! and I don't care for it that much.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
AV, Firewall, Spyware, Reg monitor. If something were happening on ATS, one of those apps would alert to it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

i have encounterd many Virus's on ATS
we call them trolls

they infect our computers
then are sanity :shk:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
very WELL SAID Bodrul................

I agree with you.....

*Does TheRiverDance to please the mods*

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This website does not contain any viruses or malware. I have browsed this site for the past four months and did not get even an antivirus warning.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have been coming to this site for years now and I have never gotten a virus. I don't think it came from this site.

Star

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Nothing here either

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
In the year that I've been on ATS I've not had any problems with spy ware or a virus.

Your problems do not stem from this site. Maybe you need to update or change your virus protection.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Is your operating system (assumingly, Windows) a paid-for version?
Is your AV paid-for? What AV is it?
Do you have a firewall?
You may have a rootkit infection (doens't care about formats).

all it is is some adware cookie, like i said before i reformatted the system and installed virus software and nothing else. then got on ats then there it was some cookie adware thing. i have it blocked. and dont get as many popups as before. i thought i would mention it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
does the malware allow me to have a religious experience with a terrorist.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What did that mean?

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I have never got a popup from ATS. I have and this is anoying gotten those ads that pop out of the banner space. I get those every day. But no popup ads at all. I have been here nearly two years and have never gotten a single virus or other malicious piece of code allerted to my computer.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Cookies are not necessarily a bad thing, especially from a reputable site like ATS/ BTS. The problem is when AV/ Apyware programs can't differentiate between good and bad cookies. They can then throw alerts for anything and cause confusion.

Cookies from a site like ATS/ BTS are good. It is a small text file that does things like keeping you logged in, keeping track of which messages you have read, etc. So, I really don't think there is anything to worry about

For less obtrusive AV/ Spyware you may want to consider AVG and Spybot or AdAware. All are free, and you won't have to deal with all the annoying fear mongering

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I hate to tell you all that the first poster is correct, but he doesn't realize that it is not coming from ATS, it is coming from the ads and if you run the correct spyware software it will detect it.

So it is not harmful, virus or trojans, but it is pesky spyware for marketing reasons.

Deleting all your files in the cookie and temp files will get rid of it but then the next time you log on it will me there again.

I run Deep Freeze so the crap never stays on my hard drive and I just ignore it!

I'm sure the CEO of ATS is not going to like me saying this but, he has allowed this to happen for additional monetary advertising gain.

It's such a small issue I just wouldn't worry about it!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I used to get Norton warnings on ATS and BTS telling me not to come here and that it was dangerous for my comp.

Fox

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yeah but I think Norton is way too safe in some cases.

My site has cookies and they are just to help remember your login

-Kyo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join