It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry wants to debate Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Actually Bush held his own against Gore in 2000, I don't see Mr. soundbite- Kerry doing well on his feet against Bush who come across as uncontrived vs someone like Kerry who can recite only the partys talking points - woodenly I might add.

I disagree. You don't survive in the Senate for twenty years without being resilient on your feet. He fared well against Gore, but not good and Gore, I believe won. (Even though I did vote Bush for other reasons) I thought Bush was his weakest when he went against McCain, who really layed the whoop on him in 2000. All anyone has to do to beat Bush is make him talk away from points he didn't practice. You can honestly tell when he "wings it." You get the "Let's vulcanize them" or "Make the pie higher" and "Fool me..." type responses.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I was really diggin McCain there for a while.

I ended up voting for Bush because I just couldn't stomach Gore being in the White House.

Looks like either way didn't matter much.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Bush held his own alright, every time his hands went into his pockets....that's all that he took away from a 'victory' standpoint.

Really MOds & Admins....can't we set an age requirement or something on ATS? How old are these boys!?!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think the populace would be too confused trying to figure out who won- Kerry or Kerry

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Bush knows he sounds stupid most of the time when he speaks publicly. He's made fun of himself for it. I believe he is intentionally playing dumb...then how would anyone ever suspect that he is the genius mastermind behind the heinous, evil plots that have secretly defined his tenure in office?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Bumping for edit to include "Kerry v Kerry list on #428740, whats added is verrry long but is only about 1/3 of the full list. I can post more if the mods will allow?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

John Nada What you say KrazyJethro is true but only when you take into context the US's crazy perception of what is "left".

An example:My dad's political views haven't changed over the years (from the time I was born, 21, to now, 44). Suprisingly, I think just about like him (there are some noticeable differences). Now, as far as how he was placed by politicians when he was young, he was a liberal conservative, just a little to the right of where the dividing line was between the two political parties. Oho! And my dad's beome more Liberal with age, more relaxed...He is now what they would call conservative republican--nearly as right winged as they get...this is ONLY about 20 years of change--he's never been much for change. The church he grew up at still labels him the same liberal (that's MAJOR slander on his good name, btw) that he was as a youth, constantly bringing up things he said then, that he still holds to.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Phoenix, please return to the ashes from whence you came. And, like your avatar says, you are definitely NOT to be taken seriously

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Just to be fair, I don't think Bush should debate without Cheney with him.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Just to be fair, I don't think Bush should debate without Cheney with him.

LMAO

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nemesis9
Phoenix, please return to the ashes from whence you came. And, like your avatar says, you are definitely NOT to be taken seriously

Well YOU certainly were not around to know the significance of what it says under my avatar so I'll just let that comment serve as a sign of your ignorance.

Since this was originally posted quite a while back, Kerry has only proven my point further by continuing to speak from both sides of his mouth (can you say SUV) depending on who is his audiance that day.

My original assertion that Kerry should debate himself stands. In fact he should do five or six of them so the American people can decide just what the heck he stands for - of course it would take a strong moderator to pin him down - then he MIGHT be capable of a debate with Bush who knows where he stands.

BTW maybe I'll change that avatar to read "Your Nemesis" that would be fitting dont cha think
kinda time for a change anyway - I'll think on that.

Oh and I forgot to add, congradulations on your promotion from Lurker to Troll.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Phoenix]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join