It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Putin...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

It took me a minute on your Avatar,thats beautful,I wish I had a bumpersticker with that pic on it,best laugh I have had in days.
Says it all.
Sorry for being off topic mods I could not stop laughing and had to make comment.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think everybody is just reading to much into this photo. He just looks concerned, that all.

Originally posted by CO Vet
He's getting bold because he proved that he could circumvent the Russia Constitution and serve one more term, or even more, as President. His only limitation is to how many terms he feels is necessary to accomplish what he wants to do with and to Russia. And then he'll transfer over to the openly dictator position until his death.

[edit on 8/9/08 by CO Vet]

Considering his actions thus far, I believe that Putin is going to be a major problem for the west in time to come. He is, after all, an old Soviet communist KGB guy. He has a bone to pick with the west.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This pic depics bordom and get on with it.
Any world figure that does not take this man VERY serious is makeing a grave mistake.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Is the guy supposed to have a big "i just got laid" grin on his face?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

That's how I look when I'm trying to hear or read lips when someone isn't talking loud enough.

Roper

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The two things I know about Putin is that he used to be KGB and that several years ago a Russian submarine went down, the submariners could have been saved, but he opted to let them all die a slow, horrible death.

Vladamir Putin is the devil.

Signed,
Biased Fox

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Putin now knows he has signed a deal with SOMEONE in crawford. He almost looks regretful and FEELING like he has to redeem himself and undo much of the past. The old USSR system might now seem like heaven to him verses the monster his country could easily be without his control. He knows things are getting out of hand but that there's a much broader plot that all will have no choice but to be a player in. He's concerned about his past decisions and that he might lose control of the great country he's created. He's afraid of anyone else being in his position as they will surely have the tools to turn this world into a revolving ember.

The bonding thing was way over the top. Almost homo erotic. It was a boy scout camp for those about to embark on a serious piece of history. They (the US AND RUSSIA) are FORCED to assume the good cop / bad cop roles. Both do not want to but for *some reason* they HAVE TO or both will be destroyed. He shows contempt in that he's learned to love the society he's going to be forced to destroy.

Bush and Putin can both look angelic and demonic at times. There's really something supernatural about them both. Maybe they are 2 of the ANGELS OF THE APOCALYPSE / horsemen.

Putin's eyes say "Oh crap... Here it is... We're LIVE!" while he must pretend to be concerned on a grassroots / political level. He looks like he does not want to fulfill his ultimate duty.

That's if you take it on a biblical/apocalyptic level I guess. I don't know.
There's just something contemplative about him on a level most people never have to consider.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Bush and Putin can both look angelic and demonic at times. There's really something supernatural about them both. Maybe they are 2 of the ANGELS OF THE APOCALYPSE / horsemen.

Putin's eyes say "Oh crap... Here it is... We're LIVE!" while he must pretend to be concerned on a grassroots / political level. He looks like he does not want to fulfill his ultimate duty.

Great post,

Excellent observations.

Again, I say a picture is worth a thousand words, the above is proof that some people do see something more here.

There is something in that look!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
he is an absolute professional.you wont see anything on his face he doesnt want you to see, escpecially when you are a politian.

cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
you are looking to a man who put russia again on the map's.. .yes russia is on front of amerika...

simply becouse democraty has died... amerika is nearly bankrupt..and will attack iran as last act of starvation..

putin has collected the debris of the old russia and created a new russia to compete with the world..
I hope that there will be a strong leader as putin in amerika after the usa has fallng apart..........
perhaps a better amerika will rice again

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
he's worried. why i don't know, but worried.

i wonder what the chinese think about russia taking center stage in the news on the eve of the olympics. i bet they are pissed. this is a time when i believe russia has miscalculated.

they stand alone right now in the u.n. (sorry s. africa) and will only find a greater desire by other former soviet states for the protection of nato.

the georgians fought with our country (the U.S.) in Iraq and we need to be there for them.

obviously we need to try to fix this diplomatically - but if the Russian Federation refuses to acknowledge the cease-fire then I hope that my govt will make it clear to the Russians that we will protect our allies.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
He has a facial expression like "Yes yes, please hurry up and finish your jabbering.. I really should not have ate those burritos.. ooh my stomach..."

Seriously though he looks as if hes bored.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
He looks to me like he feels vulnerable. I never saw him look that way before. It could be regret or worry. But mostly it looks like he is feeling emotion and not as tough as usual.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by damagemouse
he's worried. why i don't know, but worried.

Okay, worried, but what could he be worried about?

Could he possibly be thinking about a broadening war, a possible confrontation with the USA and allies?

Maybe he already knows what is going to happen?

Interesting post.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Because you could see his live facial expressions as they had the camera on him numerous times for lengthy amounts of time.....rather then a still shot where you don't know what he looked before or after the still shot...Pres Bush was the same way.

Photographs are MUCH better at conveying whats on the mind than video. The great photographers wait for the moment that best tells the story.

I am a part time professional photographer and I always hold the camera and take my eye away from the view finder to make sure I capture that moment.

It speaks volumes and unless the photographer sucked said photographer was trying to capture what was behind those eyes in context to what was happening.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

Ha that really made me laugh!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
They say the eyes are the window to the soul. With that said, I see lonliness,
pain, and deep sorrow, all hidden under deep seated anger. He has no joy,
and no peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012

I agree, it is impossible to know what his expression means, however in the context of what is going on at the time of that photo, it could mean something to a trained eye.

I have been running and gunning behind the lens for my entire adult life. I was in sales for a decade five of those years in car sales. I know expression.

This is the look of someone trying with every ounce of his being to extract the most information from his advisers as he can to make the proper decision. It is the look of one that knows the wrong decision may be disastrous. It is the look of a world leader that sees the world pinning out of control and knows it. He fully understands that a wrong move on his part could unravel the cloth that is holding it all together.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
It speaks volumes and unless the photographer sucked said photographer was trying to capture what was behind those eyes in context to what was happening.

Originally posted by paxnatus
They say the eyes are the window to the soul.

Forgive me, but I wanted to have these two quotes together.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join