It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Putin...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Reading through a steady stream of reports on the conflict in Georgia, I came across a page that had very recent photos related to this conflict, I was looking through them here:

www.latimes.com...

One photo struck me in particular, and seems rather ominous, I know we should not try to read too much from photos, yet some have said that a picture is worth a thousand words....

There is something about that look, is it worry, anger???? ... I am curious, what your take is on it?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

I know we should not try to read too much from photos, yet some have said that a picture is worth a thousand words....

yes we should all be worried...i mean look at those clothes. "members only" jackets are like sooooo 20 years ago.

on another note i would say he just looks serious. it is a serious time for his country, that is how a leader should look i suppose.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OMG you ar eright there is so much to this picture-

I never noticed how bold Putin is getting. Getting old sucks.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
I never noticed how bold Putin is getting. Getting old sucks.

Agreed... But all kidding aside, this man had just been briefed before that photo, and especially on US, and NATO positions.... To me he seems a bit more than bold... Perhaps confident, and fearful of what may happen next?

From a man who shows little expression, it is hard to tell for sure.

Getting old absolutely sucks!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I see hidden frustration, something behind his eyes seems like something isn't going right...or good. And i believe there is a difference. Right as in following a set plan and good as in positive actions that benefit your conscience.

I think something evil this way comes, he knows and is possibly frustrated with something about it

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Excellent observation.

Good to know someone else can see these things.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It is absolutely impossible to know what this picture means - or any picture. You take a snap in the middle of something happening, and a picture comes out completely skewed of whatever the reality is.

For all we know. He is sitting there dying for a piss break.

However, I saw him on TV watching the opening ceremonies...and he OBVIOUSLY looked like he did NOT want to be there.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
He's getting bold because he proved that he could circumvent the Russia Constitution and serve one more term, or even more, as President. His only limitation is to how many terms he feels is necessary to accomplish what he wants to do with and to Russia. And then he'll transfer over to the openly dictator position until his death.

[edit on 8/9/08 by CO Vet]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
He's getting bold because he proved that he could circumvent the Russia Constitution and serve one more term, or even more, as President.

Really? When did he do that? He is serving 3rd term? Baffling.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Point taken, yet you say that you seen him on television and you were able to conclude that he did not want to be there, how is this photo any different from your observation of the same person on television?

I agree, it is impossible to know what his expression means, however in the context of what is going on at the time of that photo, it could mean something to a trained eye.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

He looks as he always looks - serious and contemplative!

With this, he is well aware of the photographer facing him who is about to take a picture - he was the President, now Prime Minister, he needs to appear ministerial, not like a buffoon like Bush and his 'stiff' of a wife, Laura.

(Video not working, here the link - Link

Breifne

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Really? When did he do that? He is serving 3rd term? Baffling.

When he got his puppy elected President, and made himself Prime Minister. After this one has had his 2 terms, and if Putin isn't done molding Russia to his liking, he'll get another no-name to the Presidency. As I said, Putin will be in charge of Russia until he doesn't want to be.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I say he looks like a leader who is about to kick some Georgian rear.

He looks relaxed and ready for the business of opening a can of woopass.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Because you could see his live facial expressions as they had the camera on him numerous times for lengthy amounts of time.....rather then a still shot where you don't know what he looked before or after the still shot...Pres Bush was the same way.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
His eyes show stress more than anything else. You never know with this guy though, his face is ice cold regardless of whats on his mind!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It looks like it was snapped just as he was leaning to his right for a little "one cheek sneak." If you look closely he's holding the table with his right hand for a little leverage.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
nah, putins old school kgb hardass. he has a monotone face no matter what.
that face is the same face for

being happy
being mad
being furious
being said
having an orgasm
declaring war
fighting with his wife

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
He does seem like he is gripping that table because he knows turbulent times are ahead but his stare says that he can take it.

Had to share this picture.
i534.photobucket.com...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by tracey ace]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
nah, putins old school kgb hardass. he has a monotone face no matter what.

I agree, I have seen many photos of this man, always the same, however in this context this particular photo, and expression seemed to show a bit more.

I suppose some can see it, and some can't... Who knows?

I seen it and posted it here to see if anyone else noticed it, I am satisfied.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Try this if you want, clear your mind as best you can, and focus on Putin's face for a moment or two.

Maybe you will see something as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join