It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the hell do I begin? Two Questions!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey there, I have two questions.. my Main one is:

Where do I start reading? I have never, ever been to a forum with so many different posts, ideas, theories and so on.

The question is, where the hell should I begin reading? My brain needs more information and cinspiracy, it hungers for it! But, it is confused, because there is too much to chose from..

If you guys know any golden, well-written threads with lots of information and even external sources to pictures, quotes, video clips and so on, then please post them.

I am extremely interested in the NWO and the Illuminati. Basically, the fate of our world. Then ofcours all the hidden history; who where the first pharoes? how did the ancient civilizations achieve all which they did, and then crumbelled afterwards? Atlantis, Mayans etc.

Yes, I know I may sound VERY lazy, but heck, it is really hard and frustuating to find something..

It's also so I can use it for school debates and so on..

lol thanks alot

Then, my other question is where I should post the following..

Some months ago, some weird guy contacted me and he claimed to be from the future. We have had some long conversations, and I would like to share what we have been talking about. Now, I don't know if its true or not, but he said some things that have really shocked me (even personal) and he even asked me to share our conversations to as many people as possible..

I'm afraid that he somehow "died" (LOL) and I havn't heard from him since.. lol. He was struggeling with something while we were talking and said his farewells and blah balh.

I thought it would be interesting to share =)
thanks alot!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You should begin where your intrest is. ATS has a very useful SEARCH function and it makes finding relivant threads in piles upon piles of steamy crap thread a breaze.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Carefully write out your time dialation story in a word processor program, save it and look over ATS till you get comfortable with the format. With great thought break open a thread and wait.....

Than be prepared to be torn apart by ATSers wanting proof and scrutinizing your every word. Be very carefull what you write here cause there are beings existing within the walls of ATS who are so intent on destroying your story, they will destroy you in the process.

Lest I forget, use a spell checker and follow proper paragraph structure before posting your time dialation story. It will save you from some flack.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Peepers]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I suggest just diving right in...

There is noone but you who could answer that question, though I do have a suggestion...start with the board page and take a look at the different forums available. When you find a subject, open it and take a look at the thread list.

Once you find a thread...go for it...then rinse and repeat. For active threads, try the 'reccentposts' page...

Have fun and welcome...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I tend to look at the main board page at the Hot Topics and Top Flagged Topics, then I look to Recent Posts. You can follow quite the unique and relatively active discussions.

The search function helps when starting a new thread in addition to recent posts, because if you don't you'll have a "this is in another thread."

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If you are looking for well written posts, then understand there could lie well put lies that hold the very error of being too well written.

That's just my two cents. If you want posts of truth dont knock the less well written ones because the ppl who make them are clearly not story writers, which means you're more likely not being had by them. Someone who writes well is more likely to expore how far their writing skills can get them with stuff they made up is all I'm saying to be aware of.

I seperate the real from the fake. And pay no mind to those who bicker about grammar and spelling because I know if everyone was up to par then the bad weeds appearing good would indeed be with the good wheat appearing bad.

And a wise person said:

Dont raise the standard of anyone, but yourself. Edit other's posts how they taught you in english class to so that it's readable for understanding to you alone.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
No God no! Not the noone again! Just dip in the pool a little at a time till your wet to the throat and start stroking. It's 'no one'!!!! Arrrrgggghhhhh.
Am I retentive. Ya, maybe just a little.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
thanks for starting this thread ktadie, it's kinda advice for me as well...just registered a few hours ago, even if I'm surfing around here quite often.....I'm just diving in right now....once you start reading, it's hard to stop, enjoy it as much as I do

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Welcome Ktadie and Vicous; you've now entered the Land of Forbidden Ideas, aka ATS.

To help you learn how a few things work here's a couple of links:

Here and Here

Have fun, and see you both on the boards.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's a bit of a tumble dryer and it won't make sense till you have done a degree of research which most of us have here. Well a degree without qualification on the knowledge of everything Paranormal, Prophecy and Religion, history of the world and Space exploration. You have to add all subjects to the research module like some college degree and at the end of it, choose which angle to take and dedicate your life to a view of the universe opinion.

My angle is a Biblical view of the world, trust me it covers a lot of subjects in a site like this. That way it becomes easy to remember where you are coming from believer or athiest alike but it helps keep all subjects rooted to one tree.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My suggestion is have fun. You don't need a Harvard baccaluerate to be here. It's about picking and choosing your favorite subjects. You'll find a boatload of nice people here. Some not so nice. Pick and choose.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes its true have fun, don't let it get you down either. I do think once you become obsessed you will be good enough to get an invisible degree in it where everything makes sense in minds eye.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Lol. I'm always invisible. I've been down to Venesuala recently reeking havok. It's always a wild ride, one way or the other.
On meds, off meds, we don't care.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I personally go into certain categories i find most intriguing at the time. As well as the recent threads on the side and the active threads at the front page.

And (not to sound like a suck up or anything at all along those lines) i have found the threads and all around information and opinions of a certain member to be very interesting. The member i am referring to is DimensionalDetective. I have always appreciated the posts he makes.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
DD rocks don't he. I love that dude. He has given me more to think about than all my teachers in school.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Run! Run while there is still time.

This place is a black hole that sucks you in, and never lets go. You'll think, "I'm giving this site up." Only to find yourself back in an hour.

Becoming awake to the world isn't a fun as you think. Once you ring that bell, you can't un-ring it.

You'll lose friends and family alike, and be labeled a nutter.

You will watch the calender for predictions that never come true. You will become a victim of treacherous grade school pranks and hoax's.

You will watch the endless reptilian shape shifter video's thinking, "OK, I'll bite, this thread may finally show the real thing."

No, save yourself while there is still time!

(sarcasm)

Welcome. You'll find your groove.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Rofl Seawolf. Logans run. It's not for the faint hearted. That's for dang sure.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ktadie & Vicious, welcome to ATS, this indeed is a great place, and we are glad you are here, if you have any questions or concerns there are a few people that you can talk to. I hope you can consider this post as your one stop shop for answers to most of the more frequently asked questions on this board.

The forum moderators are quite friendly people, they are here to make sure you enjoy your time on this site. If you have any questions make sure to shoot off a U2U to any one of them for an answer. Also members like myself your ATS Concierge, or enjoies05 are also very helpful and will be glad to try and answer any questions you may have. Feel free to shoot me a U2U whenever you need a helping hand. I am always glad to help

Many of your questions can be answered by visiting this thread; Index of Important Website Related Threads *Read First* This thread is invaluable for all the frequently asked questions about this site and what you can do here.

the ATS Handbook can answer a lot of your questions about the site as well, it's quite informative and helpful if you have questions regarding your Avatar, Signature, or purchasing perks in the ATS Store.

Points are a valuable commodity around ATS and some members want to know how to gain points quickly. There are several ways to do this. One is to podcast, Podcasting if you don't already know is kind of like making your own little radio show about some subject that you’re interested in. Also contributing to TinWiki is a great way to make some points in a big hurry. Also by joining up with Twitter, you can get a lot of points right of the bat.

In BTS (our sister board) one can also find fun games and contests that are happening now, and also get you those points. By signing up with ATS you are automatically signed up for BTS as well, all you need to do is log in and join in the fun with the rest of us.

One should also familiarize themselves with the Terms And Conditions Of Use for proper ATS etiquette and site rules, this helps everyone avoid problems.

Again welcome to ATS and I hope you have a great time around the site, if you have any questions and have met the requirements to do so, please feel free to U2U me anytime about any questions you might have. I would love to be able to help you whenever you need it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'd like to say thank you for the lovely welcome, even if that's not my own thread here, so thanks for all the replies and thanks to Ktadie who's having the same thoughts like me

the twitter sounds like an interesting feature, should be working on my phone as well, I'll try it later, curious about it right now

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
Carefully write out your time dialation story in a word processor program, save it and look over ATS till you get comfortable with the format. With great thought break open a thread and wait.....

Than be prepared to be torn apart by ATSers wanting proof and scrutinizing your every word. Be very carefull what you write here cause there are beings existing within the walls of ATS who are so intent on destroying your story, they will destroy you in the process.

Lest I forget, use a spell checker and follow proper paragraph structure before posting your time dialation story. It will save you from some flack.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Peepers]

haha, well.. I'm fine with people flamming and not what. I mean, it will be my first contribution to this forum, and people can believe me or not
I myself, don't know if it's 100% true, but some very very convincing things occured, which made me thinking alot. Plus, I also want to hear about your opinions; Should I take it seirously, or just a prank?

Anyways, for the people mentioning the Search function (OMAGAD), Thanks. Even though I do think that it is common sense =P Maybe you guys just knew some "MUST Read" Threads...

and yea, I've been checking out the "top topics" and "active topics" ^^

Thanks for the replies guys and no problem Vicious =)

Run! Run while there is still time. This place is a black hole that sucks you in, and never lets go. You'll think, "I'm giving this site up." Only to find yourself back in an hour. Becoming awake to the world isn't a fun as you think. Once you ring that bell, you can't un-ring it. You'll lose friends and family alike, and be labeled a nutter. You will watch the calender for predictions that never come true. You will become a victim of treacherous grade school pranks and hoax's. You will watch the endless reptilian shape shifter video's thinking, "OK, I'll bite, this thread may finally show the real thing." No, save yourself while there is still time! (sarcasm) Welcome. You'll find your groove.

Lmao.. I was actually thinking about bringing up alot of topics in school. Esepcially stuff about ancient civilizations and the NWO, Global eleite etc.

btw, got some of those reptilian vids?

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Ktadie]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join