It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Object: Tuning Fork? Thunderbirds?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ehya,

Found this while looking at Mars shots, this one particular from Opportunity.

Has anyone run across this? Or anyone care to speculate?

Full Frame

Lower Right 1/4 Frame

Close Area

Source Page

Source Pic (.tiff format)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
nice picture good find. i went to the site but couldn't open any of the pictures on it , how did you do it... and whats a tiff file? flag for you.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

Yeah, many of the pics there come in jpg also, but not this one.

I use Irfanview to view these. It's a small app, and free. I haven't had a file yet that it wouldn't open. Download pic to PC, then open. It also beats the hell out of photo's being opened with Internet Explorer.

[edit on 9/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Wow cool...it does look like a spaceship! no doubt its just a werid shaped rock though...ill wait for photo experts...gd find!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
well im surprised at the response to this picture, oh well i said it before and i'll
say it again alot of people here only belive in nonsense and make believe

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
Wow cool...it does look like a spaceship! no doubt its just a werid shaped rock though...ill wait for photo experts...gd find!

doesn't look like a rock tp me ... it does however look mechanical

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
That looks crazy,

The main thing that adds skepticism for me is the group of rocks to the bottom left of that one. They seem to have the same 'erosion?' pattern as that object, just not as well defined into a specific geometric shape.

Good find, it looks cool but i think its a rock.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
That is amazing... Does it look to anybody else as if the "ship" or whatever is ... hovering... over the ground?

Where are the experts? I'm very curious about this picture...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
That looks crazy,

The main thing that adds skepticism for me is the group of rocks to the bottom left of that one. They seem to have the same 'erosion?' pattern as that object, just not as well defined into a specific geometric shape.

Good find, it looks cool but i think its a rock.

you would think this day and age mankind would have a higher HD for a picture from another planet .... its funny that the pics taken by apollo in 1969 landing were a higher HD than the crap they show to the public today in 2008
sheesh even my Kodak digital camera can take better and clearer pics

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It looks like a spaceship. BUT how big is it?

Maybe just 10 cm ?

Nice catch

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

That's what I have problems with, the scale of everything in any of the pics.

Hell, Google has a map legend, but NASA ......... ? lol

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Looks like a rock. Has to many jagged edges to be anything else, unless it was a first attempt at a spaceship

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My God, what a neat picture..... I really want to believe that this could be a spaceship, but when you zoom out on the photo a little there are a few things that would make me believe otherwise.

1. There are similar rocks in the immediate region that have the same kind of "platform" look to them, but just not remarkable as the "spaceship rock". There is a common occurrence of large flat rocks sitting on smaller rocks. The shadow of the large flat rocks makes it look like they are hovering above the surface.

2. NASA has already found water on Mars so we could probably safely assume that all of the linear detail in the photo is the result of erosion. This "spaceship rock" appears to be located on a slope. If the physics of erosion are the same on Mars as they are on Earth than this rock is probably the same kind of natural formation we see in the western United States. (photo link) science.nationalgeographic.com...

3. The fact is NASA does not release photos that have not been carefully analyzed by "the man". I think that we have enough information to know that there is some kind of cover up going on and there is an active campaign in progress to keep information like this hidden. If this were a real spaceship I don't believe that you would even be looking at the photo because it would have been labeled Top Secret. I don't believe that information like this accidentally gets out for us tax payers to speculate on.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i cant believe your all calling it a rock?????? to me it looks too aerodynamic
to be just a rock it even has rear stabilizers and a tail and appears to be FLOATING off the ground by the shadow underneath it
who knows what it is it could even be an escape pod for a much larger craft
but really IMHO it dont look like a rock who knows it may have been leaked before anyone could have had a good look at it.... it would be good to seed this pic in the mainstream media and see what nasa says

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You are seeing way too much into it. It's a rock, an unusal formation but a rock

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It's a rock. Here's a very similar object laying about 20 feet (6 meters) or so from that one...This one looks definitely like a rock:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

You are seeing way too much into it. It's a rock, an unusal formation but a rock

no you want me to change my stance , but im telling you no matter what you all say im convinced that isn't a rock

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

It's a rock. Here's a very similar object laying about 20 feet (6 meters) or so from that one...This one looks definitely like a rock:

i agree this looks like what it is .... a rock, anyway these pictures don't have a legend so tell me how did you come up with 20 feet or 6 meters. please explain?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I was impressed at first until I saw the bigger picture and the other rocks on the ground around it. For once I would love to see the claims of various humanoids, cats, ships and buildings on Mars look like humanoids, cats, ships and buildings.

Rush

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
In my opinion, what deceive in this pic are both its distance from the camera and the conformation of the layered mineral it is likely made of:
i don't think that it's bigger than a foot
(here can be found a very interesting tool): the photo has been made by a rover, not by some orbiter
Its outlines are not as straight as they may look at first glance:
if we compare them with some actual straight lines,

then we have a better idea how irregular is its shape: it's not a geometrical shape, and it doesn't suggest any form of technology at the origin of its formation, IMHO.

Besides, all around we see the same layering features, just different in shapes, like here:

they may be the result of some sedimentary process: in my opinion it's an odd shaped rock, worthy to be discussed: thanks for sharing, the find is very good

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join