It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Object: Tuning Fork? Thunderbirds?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
reply to post by Fathom

The concept of thinking only in human relatives, that a living creature on Mars must be relative in size to humans, is what's hardheaded. Why does everything on Mars have to coincide to what humans are and are of? It's another planet!!

[edit on 11/8/08 by Misfit]

A rock by any other name... is still a rock. No one expects that a creature on Mars has to have four legs and two eyes and a nose and a mouth. But... a rock... is a rock... is a rock. Look at the picture of all the other rocks... how odd that they all look like rocks... just that one is a bit more triangular than the others. They are all just rocks.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xylophobia

Nowhere in this thread will you find me claiming it is rock or living creature. I brought the thread for speculation, and even stated so.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

I am NOT a human !!!

How can you argue with this?
Misfit would clearly know- As it is not human.
I mean...People don't just make stuff up here, for diluted, attention seeking, near delusional purposes do they?
Not on the internets?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
reply to post by ST SIR 86

ok, i think now you are just having fun and being hardheaded. if your rock is a ship than the other rocks are buildings and parking garages right?...for the 4" tall martians that keep 4" tall gorillas as pets?

i think its now you are just having fun and being hardheaded
PROVE that its a rock and then i'll buy it. CAN you irrefutably PROVE that its a rock? i know what your going to say to me"prove that its a spaceship" well guess what i cant, but neither can you prove and all other skeptics prove that its a rock ok, however if you think you can fly up there. bring it back please be my guest !!!!
i my self believe the other objects in the picture are indeed rocks but their not what this thread is about

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Please be my guest, prove to everybody here replying in this thread, prove that its a rock ok. What we are suggesting is that its general shape doesn't match that of a rock, however i have an open mind , if you can show me
a natural UN-CARVED rock in the shape of a Ferrari testarossa please do, as for the object in the picture i cant prove what it is, but please dont try and jam the theory down our throats without atleast proving that its a rock
Because the object in the op sure as heck doesn't look like any rock i have ever seen.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ST SIR 86

Please be my guest, prove to everybody here replying in this thread, prove that its a rock ok. What we are suggesting is that its general shape doesn't match that of a rock, however i have an open mind , if you can show me
a natural UN-CARVED rock in the shape of a Ferrari testarossa please do, as for the object in the picture i cant prove what it is, but please dont try and jam the theory down our throats without atleast proving that its a rock
Because the object in the op sure as heck doesn't look like any rock i have ever seen.

Oh wait... yes... I see it... it's a Ferrari Testarossi... on it's way to the club. I see Club 54 just a few rocks away. Oh, and there's John Travolta waving too. How sweet.

You've never seen a rock that looks like that? Have you ever ventured outside? Have you ever looked at any rock here on earth? I think if you've never seen a rock that looks like that... you need to step away from the computer and take a little nature walk.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Ok take a picture of it and paste on this tread! whats the matter cant you do it?
but your trying to tell us all you can confirm an object is a rock from a picture
of an object taken on a planet 54,500,000 kms ( 33,864,729.977 miles ) away? and thats at its shortest distance when earth and mars are inline and at their greatest distance apart there 401,300,000 kms ( 249 356 259.44 miles )

[edit on 12-8-2008 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Show me something that doesn't look like all the other surrounding rocks... and I'll be happy to agree it might not be a rock. But this thing... is painfully obviously a rock. And no amount of wishful thinking will make it otherwise.

We don't have to go there and grab it and bring it back... it's a rock. Just like all the other rocks nearby.

Apparently you are extremely optimisitic and quite a bit blinded by your hope to be part of a discovery of something amazing.

I have a bridge and a good chunk of prime swamp land to sell you.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xylophobia

Show me something that doesn't look like all the other surrounding rocks... and I'll be happy to agree it might not be a rock. But this thing... is painfully obviously a rock. And no amount of wishful thinking will make it otherwise.

We don't have to go there and grab it and bring it back... it's a rock. Just like all the other rocks nearby.

Apparently you are extremely optimisitic and quite a bit blinded by your hope to be part of a discovery of something amazing.

I have a bridge and a good chunk of prime swamp land to sell you.

"Show me something that doesn't look like all the other surrounding rocks... and I'll be happy to agree it might not be a rock. But this thing... is painfully obviously a rock".

so is it or isnt it a rock your choice but its painfully obvious
you cant make up your mind either your not the know all and end all on the subject theres always two sides to that coin

ok im get sick & tired of all the fuss you believe what you want and ill believe
what i want, i know im right and your wrong and thats all that matter to me cause its not a rock

its a spaceship anyway who cares. listen its no good to debunk something
and not prove your point. what should i expect in a site full to the brim with debunkers and skeptics but this doesn't mean you won the argument, i just to tired to bother with this crap im going to sleep.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

ok im get sick & tired of all the fuss you believe what you want and ill believe
what i want, i know im right and your wrong and thats all that matter to me cause its not a rock

Sorry, but you saying prove it's a rock is ridiculous. It does not work that way. YOU must provide proof that it is NOT a rock.

When you make claims that are not of the norm or controversial, you must prove it. It does not work the other way around. Look, by some miracle you could be correct but you must prove it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
psh... youre all wrong. its a spaceship..... thats made of rock.

or its a spaceship that is supposed to look like a rock to confuse us.
or the martians carved a bunch of rocks to look like weird sh** just to conufse us.
wait'll you see the orgy rock.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It looks like other rocks on that area, even the colour is the same (although this image is not true colour, it is good enough to compare the colours of different objects).

Full size

Everything points to it being just another rock.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

It's a rock. Here's a very similar object laying about 20 feet (6 meters) or so from that one...This one looks definitely like a rock:

i agree this looks like what it is .... a rock, anyway these pictures don't have a legend so tell me how did you come up with 20 feet or 6 meters. please explain?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by ST SIR 86]

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I have been busy...

...Since I know the approximate size of the field of view of one picture from "Opportunity", so I can also approximate the size of objects in those pictures. The size of the object in your OP is probably 1/2 meter to one meter long.

If I took a picture of a rock in my back yard, you would be able to approximate the size, even without a scale. You may not know the exact size, but would definitly be able to tell that it is NOT the size of a spaceship.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Did anyone looked at this picture yet ?

www.nasa.gov...

There is a shiny goldish object in the back which looks a bit odd. Maybe a part of the rover ?

edit: Nevermind, it is Phoenix's backshell..

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Just-Think]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This deserves more speculation and national news attention

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
First, there is no way you can ascertain the ratios of distance and sizes from a totally unkown image. No way! You can only guess. End of argument. That is not to say that it is either rock or ship.

That said, I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on the looks of the landscape. Either an image from space or a surface shot (which it seems to be), the area looks decidedly like it has be worked over with either Cat landmovers or, on the other hand, a shop broom! Why is that?

I posted details of that image (location in Filer's File #34)) to another forum dealing with the so-called UFO plunged into a cliff. I tried to trace it down, but had no luck finding that exact image from info I obtained from George Filer. (He is with MUFON and above any suspicion.)

Some of you can drift along waiting to believe only what NASA tells or lets you believe. Maybe you should also believe that Malin & company may make mistakes and, more importantly, that the powers that be will dribble out disputable images to further their cause of gradual enlightenment. Didn't the recent "discovery!" of water on Mars teach you anything?

Oh, well, I'm old enough to have a strong background on the whole UFO business from the early days. And this Mars business it nothing but a replay of that. Remember that old hippy saying, "Question authority"?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't see anything in this image, but it did remind me that I forgot to mention in my anonymous post (coming maybe) about the other "rocks" as some folks think. Those rocks are definitely layered and that feature on Earthside means they are sedimentary, formed by successive layers of silt, sand, etc. put down over time by flowing water. Strangely, these rocks, if such, are somewhat seperate from a bed of the same, sorta out in the open. Can we enter the term of stacked, modular habitational units into this discussion, or should we simply dismiss them as rocks? I'm joking ...sort of....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join