It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Status quo; It's the Reason for Everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't expect to get many replies for this; even though I just stumbled upon a revelation unto myself that is both an undeniable truth, and a nauseating reality.

I knew the reason for cover-ups, conspiracies, and the like this WHOLE time; just didn't know what to call it or how to define it.

You see, I've always pondered something that's been in my face for years. Why does the government keep stuff secret? Why do people refuse to believe something unordinary? Why does everything eventually fall back into place no matter the severity of a tragedy?

I happened upon this answer when I was admitting to my stepdad that I dropped out of school. (I'm gonna go back when I'm 17 to a different program) I was sure he wouldn't agree and get on to me like something evil, but to my surprise, he simply shook his head and said solemnly: "Once you leave you can't go back." Then he, mom, and myself continued to enjoy the Olympic opening ceremony and make fun of the way Bush was acting.

See, when things go wrong around my place; everything goes along and everyone acts like nothing happened only to keep up the morale. It works identically with the government systems and media: they lie and hide and threaten to keep people from revolting, going crazy, distrusting them, ect.

Also, people who disbelieve in things paranormal or even high-maintainence tend to be the kind who are more interested in keeping their immediate surroundings stable and undisturbed; even when there's more important things to worry about: global crisises, natural disasters, and the possibility of their petty little reality falling apart right in front of their very eyes.

I find this enlightening, DUH, and somewhat aggravating. It is crucial for people to be open to possibilities. Even the ones that are unlikely because if it DOES happen you won't be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I think this realization is vitally important and wish to share my revealance with others in hope of shaping them to befit a rapidly changing and evil desecrated world.

I care so much for people, and hope this is taken seriously...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

See, when things go wrong around my place; everything goes along and everyone acts like nothing happened only to keep up the morale. It works identically with the government systems and media: they lie and hide and threaten to keep people from revolting, going crazy, distrusting them, ect.
You are probably not going to like my response. In the case of you quitting school, your parents are probably not wanting to argue with you. There comes a time when parents just have to let their kids do what they want. It is annoying to have to fight all the time. They are probably tired. Once parents let kids make decisions, you can't blame your choices and their consequences on your parents.
People like to keep the status quo in order to maintain peace. It is hard to advance if you are always taking a few steps back. The body also likes to keep homeostasis. Our metabolism seeks to go back to what it is used to.
In our town, we had a flood. Everyone was upset, but after it subsided, everyone got out and cleaned it up. Their own part. They worked to clear the debris. If they didn't have flood insurance, they repaired things themselves. People came to help with the community buildings. You can't tell there was a flood today. People wanted to keep the status quo. Some even repaired things better than they were before. That is not the average response in New Orleans. They wanted the government to fix their houses and left them never to come back in three years. They look like the day they left. They didn't want to do the work? They left so they could maintain the status quo, and not have to fix something. Granted, some were very poor, but I am sure they are keeping the status quo somewhere else now.
You can keep the status quo by not doing anything, or you can keep the status quo by trying to fix something that is broken.
I don't think your parents aren't lying to keep the status quo like the government. They are trying to get on with their lives.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I really wasn't putting much emphasis on the fact that I dropped out or my own atmosphere at home; I knew people would go at that that's why I KNEW I should've disincluded it in the thread intro.

Thanks, this didn't help.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

Besides, it was my STEPDAD that I feared would totally go off. Not my mom; she understands my situation and sensitivity and know that I'm a good kid and I'll have a great future regardless of dropping out.

What I'm aiming at here is the BIG PICTURE; take a look at everything around you. It's all falling apart....

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I really don't understand. It doesn't matter what I say. It seems as though everything is arguable and unagreeable.

I think I would like for like-minded individuals to answer my thread, but then I can't spread this revealance. I can't ANYWAY; nobody listens. Everyone denying this thread is doing what I discribed in the thread. It's a huge cycle that never ends.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky

Besides, it was my STEPDAD that I feared would totally go off. Not my mom; she understands my situation and sensitivity and know that I'm a good kid and I'll have a great future regardless of dropping out.

What I'm aiming at here is the BIG PICTURE; take a look at everything around you. It's all falling apart....

Things fall apart. It is part of nature. The cycle of transformation. Death and rebirth. Things break down if there are problems...it encourages change. Change can be good. Be patient with the changes. It means the old ways will break down for good or bad. When I look around me I don't see things falling apart. I see change.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
By wanting to speak with only likeminded people you yourself are asking to keep the status quo of your own ideas. Therefore, you will see it as against you.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Why does the government keep secrets, conspiracies. For the same reason people do. To keep what they "have" or to "get" more of it.

First of all let me say "stay in school" and so on and so forth. Not so much because of the usual societal reasons, but more because dropping out is a short term solution to a long term problem. Mainly because in life there really isn't anything to "drop out" of or "drop in" to.

As I understand it you are in your teens. In these, your formative years you develop your moral compass and you start becoming aware of the suffering around you. You cannot understand the general apathy and inaction. You feel disconnected because you feel something should be done. All f this of course is natural for your age.

It's not for me to tell you what to do. Drop out if you feel you must. Just be aware that all you will be doing is essentially changing clothes. The new clothes will be a nice change for a while, but they are still clothes.

Unless the change comes from within, you will always have this relationship with the world. And I'm not saying that you have to learn to be numb to the suffering and just take it. Just that you need to find your space in the world where there is also a place for joy and play in your life. A place that everything is not dominated by frustration. But that space in my experience can only be found through self awareness and self discovery, it cannot be dropped in and out of.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
True, the status quo is maintained to keep the haves in their positions and the have nots in theirs. Knowledge is power and for us reptillian-brained people power is the drug of choice. A small minority of people are not as much affected by that drug but the majority is, sadly enough.

On the other hand i worked for an IT company and we upgraded our software every once and a while, disturbing the digital status quo so to speak. Even if the new software was easier to use the complaints would not stop for 6 months. So WE (the plebs) are just as guilty in maintaining the status quo as THEY (the elitists) are.

Sucks for us really, walking outside of the beaten path is being discouraged from kindergarten untill your pension and nobody has to do anything to maintain this self-inflicting brainwashing of the masses, we are pretty much self-sustaining in this thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks. That means a lot. I guess I should look for more happiness in life, but what I have tried doesn't work.

The evil oppresses me...

new topics

top topics

join