It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question regarding strange scents.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah so i wasnt quite sure where I should post this i asume that someone would say paranormal or somthing but I honestly dont know for sure..
My question is this: Since around 10:00 pm last night i have been having these faint scents of perfume or flowers, and are slowly growing stronger and stronger and as quickly as it comes it seems to go away.

Kind of gives me chills in my arms and face, I dont know.
I live alone right now as my wife and daughter live in Asia so there are no females in the house. I cant say for sure that it is a feminine or masculine scent, and it changes from sweet floral into a more clogne smell.

I searched everywhere for possible smells that match and cant find it.
I searched outside there are no plants I live in an ally apartment, I searched the bathroom for open bottles of shampoo thats deffinatly not it.
I even searched for spilled box of laundry detergent and thus far no matches and nothing that would smell to such an extent.

Im not saying it's supernatural, maybe I have some kind of chemical embalance in my brain screwing up my scense of smell I dont know thats why Im looking for info.
I have not been on ATS in a while so I dont know if this topic has been covered, well im not really trying to start a drawn out conversation like I said Im only looking for info from anyone who has maybe had something similar. All I know is that DAMN it's wierd!
It smells wonderful like instantly calming I love it and I dont really want it to stop coming but at the same time if I have a problem I probably need to fix it.

List of smells that seem to come and go like on a breeze.
Similar scents to: roses, baby powder, expensive cologne, expensive feminine perfumes, wild flowers, and somthing similar to lavender.

Thats just a few examples of what comes and goes and I dont mean it is those smells exactly but somthing similar and infact twice since typing this I have smelled them again.
One smell at a time comes then goes and later a few minutes or a few hours later is replaced by a totally new fragrance.

NEED INFO PLEASE.

Thank you.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
doesn't sound like a bad problem to have really.. I did a little search on smells of unknown origin, and didn't find much except Shirley McClaine saying that's how UFO's call you. lol What's next?

In Shirley MacLaine's new book, the actress and longtime friend of Dennis Kucinich makes an interesting claim: During a visit to her home in Washington state, Kucinich said he saw a UFO and heard messages from it. "Dennis found his encounter extremely moving," MacLaine writes. "The smell of roses drew him out to my balcony where, when he looked up, he saw a gigantic triangular craft, silent, and observing him. "It hovered, soundless, for 10 minutes or so, and sped away with a speed he couldn't comprehend. He said he felt a connection in his heart and heard directions in his mind."

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
HA!
Well if it is a flatulent UFO I dont know if I should take the bait or not.
Maybe Ill prove a harder target than the average human by simply ignoring them.
Ofcourse next thing you know Ill have some ETs banging on my window like a kid tapping on a aquarium to get the attention of the unresponsive creature inside. LOL

Well I dont know about that UFO idea but ill keep an open mind thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You mentioned you live in an apartment. I would guess you're smelling something the neighbors have going on.

I used to be able to smell when my neighbor in the house next door had a smoke outside even if my windows were closed. Maybe your neighbors are those inconsiderate people who feel they need to take a bath in perfume so the rest of us can smell it.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
HA!
Well if it is a flatulent UFO I dont know if I should take the bait or not.
Maybe Ill prove a harder target than the average human by simply ignoring them.
Ofcourse next thing you know Ill have some ETs banging on my window like a kid tapping on a aquarium to get the attention of the unresponsive creature inside. LOL

Well I dont know about that UFO idea but ill keep an open mind thanks.
Well, make sure you film it so you can get debunked later. Might as well have a well rounded experience.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Im sorry let me explain better, it is not that kind of apartment, it is a simple studio apartment in the rear of a house in a nieghborhood.

As far as the nighbors are concerned the ones that saw me outside sniffing the air today probably think im insane.

I tried to pinpoint them to no avail. But thanks for the honest response.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
They make air fresheners that change scents every few minutes. How long has your wife been gone?
Maybe she has one where you don't know?
Are their lavender bushes outside?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
My wife has never been to this country, I was married to her when I lived over seas, and am currently in the proccess of getting her greencard and my daughters passport.

Im affraid Im just living a simple bachelor life style without the promiscuous behavior.
If you know any bachelor gentleman you may understand that their "PADS" pretty much have one scent to them..HAHAHAHA.. not really a bad thing but guys are guys the world over and while I consider myself a clean person and what not I honestly dont use alot of chemical cleaners and deoderizers to make my place smell good. Man it's driving me nuts trying to pin point it.

But you know what,, it's not like I can really smell it, more like its in my mind or somthing. Hard to explain, but it's kind of like when you are daydreaming you can see with your minds eye as clear as with your real eyes for a time then the vision goes away.
the only difference is that instead of seeing , Im smelling these things and they seem to come to me and when I become aware of them they dont go away but rather fade slowly giving me enough time to try to pinpoint.

Wow, they are great and I feel so good when I smell them, I want more!!! HAHAHA but i dont want to be an addict!,,

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
How long has this been going on? I sound like a doctor. I am NOT.
Just curious, I have never heard of this before.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
like I said it has only been happening since last night 10:00 pm US central time zone.

When it was very very weak allmost like a phantom smell of perfume and flowers that I was barely aware of and it lasted a few minutes then went away.
Since then it has been occuring more frequently and in heavier doses.
I tell you I have done everything I can to track these smells down.

Searched high and low for flowers or plants around this place but there are none. I searched my home for chemicals and soaps and other possible culprits in the fragrance anomoly..

I have like an idiot in some wierd commercial crawled on all fours with my face to the carpet sniffing like a blood hound wondering it it was my carpet.

I stuck my head in my trash bin, nothing..
Refrigerator,,,nothing...
bathroom smells like a bathroom nothing special water in the air.
curtians, laundry, dirty laundry, shoes, my own body, closet, my car outside, all my cabinets in my kitchen, sofa, under sofa, under sofa cushions, every where.. but nothing. Now after feeling like some mouse in a maze trying to find the cheese so to speak im out of ideas, and yes I even checked the attic area. I challenge someone to give me a place I havent checked yet..
Even my neighbors homes.

Just suddenly where ever I am its like some wonderful scents spring up around me, and while I like to think of myself as so angelic and wonderful that where ever I go heavenly scents follow I have to be more realistic and figure somthing else out.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

that is so funny. I can picture it. lmao. Just enjoy it until it starts to smell like wet dog. I wouldn't go to a nose doc until then. Our brain can do some pretty weird things.
Or it could be paranormal, did any women die lately?
Hmmm. I would like to hear how this works out for you. Post something tomorrow and we'll see.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
any news? I am curious if you are still having them.

top topics

join