It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the Zeitgeist Challenge

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nor-Cal
Another Note maybe that LHC machine will sort this all out once they read the mind of GOD
sorry i have no money damn economy

I can only assume you equate God to the universe, as you equate the sun with Jesus.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nor-Cal

I guess I just wish that any of the people that say things like "we are all children of god." and there is more for us after and blah blah blah blah had at least something, ANYTHING, to back up why they believe any of that nonsense. I would really love a good reason to believe in a god and all that super fun stuff but there just is not really ANYTHING at all anywhere that even offers a little bit of evidence that there is such a thing. It is nice to believe and I would never want to take that away from anyone. Unfortunately, to state that someone KNOWS that there is a god is one of the most empty statements anyone can make and for a website about the TRUTH and denying ignorance, it seems woefully out of place.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Religious types: If I came up to you, hair wild and unkempt, unshowered or shaven, and started ranting on at you that I had been up on a mountain or out in a desert and I had spoken to God, what would you say my credibility was? Very or not?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
Religious types: If I came up to you, hair wild and unkempt, unshowered or shaven, and started ranting on at you that I had been up on a mountain or out in a desert and I had spoken to God, what would you say my credibility was? Very or not?

Hi John the Baptist!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Hi John the Baptist!!!

Hi!!!

Actually I'm a tried-and-tested amalgamation of Jesus, Moses, Muhammad, Zoroaster and a great many others!

Seriously though, do you feel me here? I mean, honestly, do you believe some raving nutter who claims to "know it all"?

I'd have zero credibility, so wtf do these biblical "prophets" have it all - just cause they're old? Give me strength!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Hi John the Baptist!!!

Hi!!!

Actually I'm a tried-and-tested amalgamation of Jesus, Moses, Muhammad, Zoroaster and a great many others!

Seriously though, do you feel me here? I mean, honestly, do you believe some raving nutter who claims to "know it all"?

I'd have zero credibility, so wtf do these biblical "prophets" have it all - just cause they're old? Give me strength!

The prophets have absolute credibility because God commanded perfection from them. If a person claimed to be a prophet and they were wrong just once on a single aspect of their prophecies they were to be taken outside the city gates and stoned to death.

God commanded perfection.

Secondly, at the time they lived many prophets spent their days in jail cells, you see, they were constantly condemning their generation, not telling stories of wine and roses, constantly rebuking their contemporaries.

Prophets were most often despised during their life, usually not revered until years after their death.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The prophets have absolute credibility because God commanded perfection from them.

Which they show not at all; Jesus' spat with the moneylenders, Muhammad and Aisha, Isaiah and his nuttyness, Moses and his tablet-smashing tendancies, Solomon and his demonic temple-building skillz...got any more?

Also, we are told very little about their actual lives. All we know is: X was an ancient prophet, he waffled, people didn't know what to make of his madness, so it was considered a message from God.

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalIf a person claimed to be a prophet and they were wrong just once on a single aspect of their prophecies they were to be taken outside the city gates and stoned to death.

Not many people could have been killed then. The very nature of prophecy is a "buy now, pay later" theme, as they aren't going to be "fulfilled" for hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years - I don't think the prophets had much to worry about then.

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalGod commanded perfection.

I'll give this a "har har har", because it's almost obligiatory.

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalSecondly, at the time they lived many prophets spent their days in jail cells, you see, they were constantly condemning their generation, not telling stories of wine and roses, constantly rebuking their contemporaries.

Prophets were most often despised during their life, usually not revered until years after their death.

Well, don't you trust the opinions of the majority of people who could see these nutters should be locked away?

Rather than the small group of their fanatics, a group of people obviously easily influenced, who managed to influence other weak-minded types who are looking for divine guidance, and this person is offering it.

They hold on to the legends he's spinning them until he dies, and then suddenly he becomes mythic because no-one can go and see him and see he isn't like what they say for real.

I think its just common sense.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Perfection in their prophecies. Christ was the only "perfect" person to ever live.

Hilarious you'd even type "Mohammad", he was a lying, murdering, pedophile.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Perfection in their prophecies. Christ was the only "perfect" person to ever live.

Which is one of my points - as they are indefinite, without any specific "it will be the Nazi's on the 28th of October, 1934, 12:37pm at the French-German boarder under a man named Hitler..." type things, it means there will be plenty of opportunity for something to eventually fit the prophecy, because it is loose enough.

Mohammad was considered a prophet. His story is much the same as the others, he just couldn't do miracles. And got beat by Khalid ibn al-Walid. But the thing is, his claim to prophethood is exactly the same - and tenuous - as everyone elses.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The prophets have absolute credibility because God commanded perfection from them. If a person claimed to be a prophet and they were wrong just once on a single aspect of their prophecies they were to be taken outside the city gates and stoned to death.

Wow, so.....are they still standing at the ready with those stones for the prophecies to be proven false? Where did you even get that from? Seriously, what is the source for that statement and why would you believe that there would be any repurcussion someone's false claim of a prophecy thousands of years out?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
so i guess theres more belief in what Jesus Chirst has done in decades, Then what our SUN has done for millions of years....

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Even the bible accounts for Jesus being quite less than perfect. He loses his temper, he is a disobedient child, etc... Those are not perfect unless you are a christian and have your own special meaning for the word 'perfect' and I am sure that they do.
As for Muhammed, or any of the other 5 ways there are you want to spell it, what did he lie about that no other prophet did? just curious. I only ask since you seem to have gotten your facts wrong about what a pedophile is so I cannot help but wonder what other info you got wrong there.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75

Even the bible accounts for Jesus being quite less than perfect. He loses his temper, he is a disobedient child, etc... Those are not perfect unless you are a christian and have your own special meaning for the word 'perfect' and I am sure that they do.
As for Muhammed, or any of the other 5 ways there are you want to spell it, what did he lie about that no other prophet did? just curious. I only ask since you seem to have gotten your facts wrong about what a pedophile is so I cannot help but wonder what other info you got wrong there.

It was consummated at 9. That does make him a paedophile.

He couldn't do miracles, which is what the OT uses as a vouch of proof. He confesses he can't do miracles, just that he hears voices in his head. Very convincing stuff - must have been God!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
The real issue is --- It might dismantle your fantasy world existence as well. The bible is truly the word of God. Jesus was who he claimed to be - not who Zeitgeist says he was.

My friend, you are the one living in a fantasy world. Who says the Bible is the word of God? Not even the Bible does. It cannot as the Bible is not one book. If Genesis says "this book you're reading is the Word of God" then Genesis is the Word of God, not the Bible.

I have heard of Zeitgeist and it's claims and I'll say it's as much crap as the Bible is. Zeitgeist has as much proof of it's claims as there is proof of Jesus being the Son of God, i.e. pretty much zip.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

My friend, you are the one living in a fantasy world. Who says the Bible is the word of God? Not even the Bible does. It cannot as the Bible is not one book. If Genesis says "this book you're reading is the Word of God" then Genesis is the Word of God, not the Bible.

If thats the case then everything I say is the word of god because I said so and now you must do exactly as I say, believe what I tell you, eat what I tell you, think how i tell you. .....yes my friend religion IS slavery.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
OK, I'm a Pagan, and even I think this movie is full of crap!

I can't believe I'm agreeing with the christian right! Aaaahhhhhhhhh!

ED: How did this thread turn into a 'validity of the bible' discussion, anyway?

[edit on 17-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Jim Marrs stated on the History channel that the bible is nothing more than a compilation of pagan, roman, and greek stories that were settled into one final book.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nocargo

Is he any kin to Texxe Mars?
I like Tex!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nocargo

OK, defending the Bible is really going to make me ill, but... Jim Marrs is a known conspiracy reporter, and his stating it does not make it so. Now don't get me wrong, I think the Bible is a great work of fiction, but it is an original work, not plagiarized as you suggest. It is unique, with the exception of the Old Testament just being a retread of the Torah, which is also an original piece of ancient literature.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Are you offering money???????????? you weirdo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and also linked that DIRTY DAMN money to a movie like Zeitgeist, you Vampire go to bed 4 ever plz!

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Kukulcangod]

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Kukulcangod]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join