It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the Zeitgeist Challenge

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by re22666

Sorry, I have been busy with work, I'm a chef and there are 2 conventions in town. I will do the legwork necessary to give an accurate reply soon, most likely late tonight (Sunday) or Monday on my day off.

Haven't forgot about you.

~Typ

well gosh, dont strain yourself. i must be so evil since now three people accused me of asking them to do my legwork for me. hey, dont bother. i would hate to see you do anything to back up your statement. all people that say crazy things that cannot be so easily backed up, i am so sorry that i ever asked you to back that crazy claim up. please, please do not go out of your way, not for me. i could care less. dont give me this, busy but i will do it for you crap. you are not doing me any favors ok. you want to prove what you said, feel free. you made the claim, i called you out on it. now i am supposed to prove to you that i am right? i really do not care all that much. go ahead and do no research, prove nothing. that is fine by me. if you plan on asking me again to prove my point....

well then i refer you back to the point where you made the crazy claim. if you care to back it up, that is your right. as it is mine to call you on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

The bible is truly the word of God. Jesus was who he claimed to be.

I will pay you $5,000 USD cash if you can prove this statement.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens

put my $5000 in as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

"If that is true, then why not take all of the information you have that lead you to the conclusion that Jesus' existence is "Absolutely proven beyond a reasonable doubt." and collect the $200 yourself? Or just bring in your "colloborating [sic] data from other sources" and get the cash?"

Bigwhammy's response:
Because no one is offering money for that. Why would they? It is just a matter of historical record.

I will offer you money for that, $5,000 USD, if you can prove what you claim about religion and God this will be published on our websites and a major breakthrough in world religion and news! It will make the headlines, we have been waiting for this to be proven for a very long time now. The reward is still good $5,000 USD. Your turn to Put up or Shut up!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens

put my $5000 in as well.

My mistake the reward is now $10,000 USD. I will even throw in a bonus package: 4 pearl necklaces, a set of diamond rings and I have a one year all you can refill pass to 7-11 on slurpees with 100 free hotdogs included per year as an extra added incentive

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

reply to post by re22666

Sorry, I have been busy with work, I'm a chef and there are 2 conventions in town. I will do the legwork necessary to give an accurate reply soon, most likely late tonight (Sunday) or Monday on my day off.

Haven't forgot about you.

~Typ

well gosh, dont strain yourself. i must be so evil since now three people accused me of asking them to do my legwork for me. hey, dont bother. i would hate to see you do anything to back up your statement. all people that say crazy things that cannot be so easily backed up, i am so sorry that i ever asked you to back that crazy claim up. please, please do not go out of your way, not for me. i could care less. dont give me this, busy but i will do it for you crap. you are not doing me any favors ok. you want to prove what you said, feel free. you made the claim, i called you out on it. now i am supposed to prove to you that i am right? i really do not care all that much. go ahead and do no research, prove nothing. that is fine by me. if you plan on asking me again to prove my point....

well then i refer you back to the point where you made the crazy claim. if you care to back it up, that is your right. as it is mine to call you on it.
Just because you "called me out", doesn't mean that I can call in to work and sit down and do the legwork for this. I'm an executive chef, sometimes I work an 8 hr day, sometimes I work a 20 hr day. All depends on what I have to do. Like I said, there are 2 conventions in town. I can do this tonight or tomorrow.

You're acting like a child.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

do all the legwork that you like. do anything you like. just do not whine to me that you have to do it and do not say you are doing it for me.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

And thank you for your opinion. You're entitled to it.

Opinion? huh? Sperm fertilizes the egg...9 mo's later, with no complications or an abortion, a baby is born. Were you skipping school on the day the birds and the bees was taught? Or were you home schooled?

Opinion? Sex between a fertile woman and a stout man is what causes babies.

Have another nut sandwitch. God, I can't believe how brain washed some of you relgious folk are...to the point where you think babies are not due to nature. Unbelievable!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

I wasn't denying that is how eggs are fertilized. I was talking about the totality of your opinions.

Secondly, I wish I had been home schooled, they routinely PWN their government schooled counterparts in the SAT, ACT, and other "intelligence" testing.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sorry quote got mixed up. I'll find it again and repost

[edit on 22-8-2008 by websurfer007]

[edit on 22-8-2008 by websurfer007]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
Well I guess I will go ahead and claim the 200 bucks right now because I can prove without a shadow of a doubt that at least 1 of the claims are absolutley true. My grandfather, a Lithuanian / American worked out of Cleveland,Ohio for Standard Oil as an engineer. I have seen boxes upon boxes of paperwork that show various transactions of materials and services provided to the Third Reich through I.G. Farben. Fuel, Fuel additives and engineering advice. I have spent hours looking through this material and it is obvious that Standard was providing support of goods and services to the Nazi war machine before and during the war. How do collect?

If you read the very first post it says

"The real conspiracy is Zeitgeist is a big fat lie. $200 cash money to anyone who can back up it's claims about Jesus Christ with legitimate scholarship."

The proof you are talking about doesn't have anything to do with what the movie said regarding Jesus...correct me if I'm wrong.

On the up side...your post is still more useful than the other 16 pages of people antagonising Christians, Christians defending themselves, people then being surprised at the lack of cheek turning, etc

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Wasn't the whole point of the crusades to destroy by fire and the sword all evidence that was contrary to the Christian mythos?

I think you are confusing Catholics with Christians. Catholics pray to saints and such like which is contrary to Christianity...Catholics killed Christians too.

Eg. Bloody Mary...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Zeitgeist should be no big surprise to anyone.
These threads keep popping up.
I do not want to argue the points over and over.
Once men get ahold of these stories and reinterpret then enough, they are going to have a lot of similarities.
People who are firmly grounded in their faith are not going to be shaken by videos, no matter what lies they present.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer007

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Wasn't the whole point of the crusades to destroy by fire and the sword all evidence that was contrary to the Christian mythos?

I think you are confusing Catholics with Christians. Catholics pray to saints and such like which is contrary to Christianity...Catholics killed Christians too.

Eg. Bloody Mary...
en.wikipedia.org...

and christians run crusades!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by skyshow

I wasn't denying that is how eggs are fertilized. I was talking about the totality of your opinions.

Secondly, I wish I had been home schooled, they routinely PWN their government schooled counterparts in the SAT, ACT, and other "intelligence" testing.

Homeschooling sucks, the kids get no social education and turn out to be religious wierdos...er hi! How are you?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

reply to post by skyshow

Homeschooling sucks, the kids get no social education and turn out to be religious wierdos...er hi! How are you?

Appeal to ridicule.

Your ignorance of homeschooling just furthers the stereotype that home schooled children are at a disadvantage.

Dr. Raymond Moore, author of over 60 books and articles on human development, has done extensive research on homeschooling and socialization. His book, The Hurried Child, should be in every homeschooler's library. "The idea that children need to be around many other youngsters in order to be 'socialized,'" Dr. Moore writes, "is perhaps the most dangerous and extravagant myth in education and child rearing today."

Children often do not respond well to large groups. They become nervous and overexcited by noise and too many people. Learning becomes difficult. Behavioral problems develop. After analyzing over 8,000 early childhood studies, Dr. Moore concluded that, contrary to popular belief, children are best socialized by parents -- not other children.

school.familyeducation.com...

Deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
OK, so seriously now. What is the point of this thread. Does anyone actually believe that either way could ever be proven by anything short of the second coming of christ? OP, do you believe there is truly a way to prove these things one way or the other definitively? Really now.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by samael93

I think this thread is all about trying harder to divide Christians and secular progressives. We need more hugs.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ok im sittin here listenin to both sides of this arguement...Not eithier side has any serious evidence but a bunch of storys and hersay..I seen Zietgiest and was pretty impressed with the information givin, now im sittin here listenin to these youtube vids and they actually make alot of sense as well..but truth is we are all children of god wether the SON are DAUGHTER of hes are her, im i right...now the character known as Jesus fake or not stands for beautiful things the miracles the sacrifices all beautiful, but how can anyone make statements that any MAN could ever amount to what the SUN stands for,nothing would exist includin our Mother Earth no way Jesus should be in the same breath as the SUN, I would much rather find myself personafyin the SUN then any man no matter how great, we all might as well shape a religion after Martin Luther King JR., J.F.K., hell why not Abraham Lincoln..these were all great men..Now i do have my Faith but my basis is good will, live with a good heart ,and bring no harm..i think people forget sometime how little we are in the universe and theres a cosmic blueprint for all things and im sure the only thing that counts is how we treat our Mother Earth, thats were we all are from, and i would think that the SUN would be like a Father of sort, the provider, lets face it the sun provides all the conditions we need to exist, SUNs been there since i was born providin for me and i am thankful..Also these SaintBrigatta people seem to be some kind of cult our something they are very smart people but with their videos of Planet Nibiru and some superior race is reachin very far, i think people just love to believe, i do, fact has proven to be stranger then fiction but the whole burn in hell stuff just dont make alot of sense on so many levels..sorry guys but the afterlife has something else in store for us, sorry if i dont Quote my source..much love

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Another Note maybe that LHC machine will sort this all out once they read the mind of GOD
sorry i have no money damn economy

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join