It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: “America is no longer what it once was"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well you can twist and change the context all you want, but all in all what obama said wasn't terribly wrong or telling of anything.

I mean we can sit here and have this perfectly circular argument about the rights and or wrongs of what obama said and pick everything to peices, take things out of context and turn this into a smear campaign(which it was to begin with).

But when you take a step back, take a breathe of fresh air and have a think, all it boils down to is people that have a grudge against obama, or any candidate for that matter, will pick everything little thing said candidate does, and bend and distort the conext to fit their claim about said candidate.

And its quite sad.

I mean ANYTHING he said back to her, you obama haters would be back here to pick it apart and find a way to label obama something undesireble.

I mean come on, get real.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

As for your son and his IQ of 200, well thats just something else aint it?

That's pretty unkind, sg. Let's leave his son out of this.

Okay, what was so unkind about that remark? He's not bringing his son into this, actually Lloyd did that himself, i honestly would think you'd be able to notice that southern_guardian was just refering to how it is half obvious Lloyd is telling tales about his sons intelligence. Or maybe that the person responsible for telling Lloyd his sons IQ is so high, was wrong. I'm sorry lloyd but i do not beleive you're son is up there with the most intelligent in the world, or was for that matter, sorry, i just cant beleive that. The logical part of my brain tells me otherwise.

And in saying this im not trying to hurt Lloyd's son at all or bring him into the argument. So dont flip that one on me either.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by blayze]

[edit on 9-8-2008 by blayze]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by blayze

Originally posted by blayze

Your main argument now is that his answer was insensitive for a 7 year old; first off, she was there of her own free will, and with her parents consent obviously as they were there with her.

What? She was there of her own "free will"?? Don't be absurd - a child of 7 does not have free will. If she is allowed to live her life according to what she wants, then that is child abuse.

Also on the same thought, you're perpetuating this generalisation now that every single 7 year old child would and i quote, "have nightmares and wet their bed"(something along those lines). Maybe your children at 7 couldnt fathom such an answer, but all children are different. I mean she is asking a candidate a question, shes interested in politics, i think the answer was within her boundries.

*I* was the one who made the bed-wetting remark. And you are right - no 2 kids are the same, which is exactly why Ubama's answer was inappropriate.

Admit it - Barry saw this as an opportunity to pander to the audience. He couldn't give two hoots about the child.

Come on man, stop this save the sensitive children crap.

I seriously doubt the child is emotionally scarred from her encounter with the obama. Do you honestly think this child is now scared out of her mind constantly thinking about the end of her nation?

I know i've said this alot but come on! GET REAL. This is getting so pathetic.

So what was so wrong with obama's reponse again? Maybe im missing something here. But this has been totally inflated and exaggerated to something it's totally not.

This is just stupid, and so his the whole post, and dare i say it im starting to think the OP is just as stupid as the thread he started.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And he's right. People used to love America and would proclaim it. Now they have to wear Canadian flags on their bags when they travel outside of the country for the shame of being part of the hell on Earth the GOP brought.

America used to be the land of the free and now it's the land of the government tapping your phones, spying through your window, and sending you to Gitmo for protesting the war.

America used to be the land of equality now its the land of the top 1% supporting the GOP and the rest of the nation.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i agree with obama america isnt what it used to be.With all the gangs and thugs and everything we used to barley hav any of those....So i agree.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Okay, what was so unkind about that remark? He's not bringing his son into this, actually Lloyd did that himself, i honestly would think you'd be able to notice that southern_guardian was just refering to how it is half obvious Lloyd is telling tales about his sons intelligence. Or maybe that the person responsible for telling Lloyd his sons IQ is so high, was wrong. I'm sorry lloyd but i do not beleive you're son is up there with the most intelligent in the world, or was for that matter, sorry, i just cant beleive that. The logical part of my brain tells me otherwise.

I really don't care if you believe me or not. I know what the school said, and I know my son. You've never met him, so the logical part of your brain is rather illogical.

And in saying this im not trying to hurt Lloyd's son at all or bring him into the argument. So dont flip that one on me either.
No, you're just trying to be a smart aleck. Perhaps if you could spell a little better, I'd take your opinion a little more seriously.. I despise idiots.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
I asked you to provide evidence from an impartial respected source, you have not done so. You dont have any evidence Lloyd, only information sourced from rumors.
Just like all you Obama supporters, huh? I'm not wasting my time posting links to a dozen articles, so you can refute them. It's not that important to me what you believe.

Fox news is a propaganda news channel, they get paid to tell rightwingers such as yourself what you want to hear. Obama can show his birth certificate and provide other federal authorities to confirm it aswell and people will still believe this rumor going around. He will have to show his birth certificate in person to you Lloyd before you'll believe anything. You just searching for any LIE to use against the man.
I guarantee you Fox News will be the final nail in his political coffin before election time. They're the only part of the MSM media that's not in the tank with the Machurian candidate that wants to be President. If he had a legitimate birth certificate, he'd have no need to posts obvious fakes on the web. Wake up..

He has nothing to hide Lloyd thats why he made his birth certificate PUBLIC. He has nothing to hide thats why he chooses not to waste his time proving anything to rightwingers such as yourself. You'll just move onto the next lie about the man.
Obama has posted an obvious fake online to deceive idiots like you. I can't wait till it goes mainstream.

The constitution gives an individual the right of choice to religion, Obama chooses to be christian, your saying his not a christian, against his word. Where the hell in constitution does it give you the right to tell another man what he must be?
As I said before, the Constitution applies to American citizens. Prove he is one, or shut up please. A fake certificate may be satisfactory for the Obama crowd, but I expect the real thing.

No no, your spreading rumors about him being a closet muslim, he appears to be a muslim to you simply because his father was a none practicing muslim, his telling everybody else that his a Christian, in this country it is the individuals CHOICE to what religion they choose to follow. Obama says his a Christian, that makes him a christian, you have no say in the matter. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck..

Until you can prove that he says his muslim, that he actually practiced being a muslim at youth, you are spreading lies.
Is there some reason why you repeat yourself over and over again? you sound like a broken record.

I just did, freedom of choice buddy. Now, I am yet to see you provide evidence where he says his muslim and where he practices being a muslim. Heres a link as to what one must do to be a muslim:
www.religioustolerance.org...
what's next.. something idiotic like "I'm rubber and you're glue" as a defense?

Dont call me a moron when your the one telling Obama who he must be against his own words.
Stop acting like one then. Nobody is telling Obama anything..

So what I shouldnt confront the lies you post? Not a chance.
That's your choice I guess, but don't expect me to reply. I'm tired of talking to a wall.

Oh dont worry about how I choose to provide evidence, the only thing you should worry about is backing up these little rumors you spread around these forums and thus far you've given me nothing but "talk".
Frankly you ramble, and it makes replying to your nonsense rather tedious.

As for your son and his IQ of 200, well thats just something else aint it?
Yeah, it is quite impressive isn't it? That twice the average IQ of most people. As I said before, it's all about the genetics.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Thanks for the support JSO, but it takes a lot more than some double digit IQ person to get under my skin. They have to make it personal because they have no legitimate response.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I'd prefer the fifties when Anti-American rants wouldn't have been tolerated.

That is the most Anti-American statement I have read in a long time. We as Americans are the watch-dogs of freedom. Only Fascist's and Soviet communists want to censor anything anti nationalistic.

You should try being an American! Its great just ask our constitutional founders!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
That is the most Anti-American statement I have read in a long time. We as Americans are the watch-dogs of freedom. Only Fascist's and Soviet communists want to censor anything anti nationalistic.
Just because we're the self-appointed watch dogs of freedom, doesn't mean we have to listen to or tolerate Communists or Communist sympathizers on our own soil.

You should try being an American! Its great just ask our constitutional founders!
I am American, and I'd ask our founding fathers, but unfortunately they've been dead for quite some time now. Have you been using a Ouija board to communicate with them or what?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Don't you want your new president to be honest?

[edit on 9-8-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious

where exactly do you propose we find one at this late date and time? We basically have two choices, Barack Obama which we know little about, or John McCain who is well-known to the American public, but only slightly more appealing than Bush.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Just because we're the self-appointed watch dogs of freedom, doesn't mean we have to listen to or tolerate Communists or Communist sympathizers on our own soil.

I am American, and I'd ask our founding fathers, but unfortunately they've been dead for quite some time now. Have you been using a Ouija board to communicate with them or what?

The British would have loved you back in 1776. Never question the King, the King is always right even when he's wrong. Anyone questioning King George is Anti Crown and will be punished. Damn Yankees and their little general Washingtom.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
From Llyod

Just like all you Obama supporters, huh? I'm not wasting my time posting links to a dozen articles, so you can refute them. It's not that important to me what you believe.

If its not important to you - why bother posting in the first place?

See - here at ATS they honor a mission statement "deny ignorance" part of that carries the burden of proof. Thats why there's forums like "skunk works" where you can post your opinions and not need anything to back them up.

Its called respect for your fellow poster, and more so, respect for your own credibility.

You post all kinds of anti-obama rhetoric and post nothing to back it up.

the only rational conclusions i can draw is

they're disreputable sources like "techguy"

or

you have no sources at all and use these phantom sources that you "refuse" to post as a scapegoat for disinformation.

Either way - .... kinda sad

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious

where exactly do you propose we find one at this late date and time? We basically have two choices, Barack Obama which we know little about, or John McCain who is well-known to the American public, but only slightly more appealing than Bush.

Well known is not the same as well liked. Or just deserved.

Charlie Manson is well known. Does that make him qualified to run for POTUS?

John McCain is a bigot, a racist, and a homophobe, and he's an idiot to boot.

The only difference between John McCain and Charlie Manson is that Charlie Manson killed people for sexual preferences and raped little boys.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
If its not important to you - why bother posting in the first place?

See - here at ATS they honor a mission statement "deny ignorance" part of that carries the burden of proof. Thats why there's forums like "skunk works" where you can post your opinions and not need anything to back them up.

Its called respect for your fellow poster, and more so, respect for your own credibility.

You post all kinds of anti-obama rhetoric and post nothing to back it up.

the only rational conclusions i can draw is

they're disreputable sources like "techguy"

or

you have no sources at all and use these phantom sources that you "refuse" to post as a scapegoat for disinformation.

Either way - .... kinda sad
Andrew,

How funny to see you posting about unsubstantiated information.. You hardly ever provide a source other than yourself or the Obama web site, and post more anti-McCain rhetoric than any other person on the forum.

I typically provide sources for my post, but I'm not going to do so repeatedly for people who will refute them anyway. It's a waste of time and energy. If they want the facts, all they need to do is perform a search. I'm not there personal researcher..

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

How funny to see you posting about unsubstantiated information.. You hardly ever provide a source other than yourself or the Obama web site, and post more anti-McCain rhetoric than any other person on the forum.

you obviously dont read many of my posts.

But in typical conservative fashion - you lie to fit the agenda

Just so the record shows it.

I challenge you to find one post of mine (you can u2u it to me) that ONLY quotes my own thoughts and/or obama's website.

in fact...i challenge you to find one thread i created that quotes obama's website period.

They dont exist.

I typically provide sources for my post, but I'm not going to do so repeatedly for people who will refute them anyway. It's a waste of time and energy. If they want the facts, all they need to do is perform a search. I'm not there personal researcher..

then stop getting all flustered when someoen calls your B.S. Card.
If you're going to repeatedly post the same filth over and over - atleast have the common courtesy to post a source to the landfill wence it came

[edit on 8/9/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

you obviously dont read many of my posts.

But in typical conservative fashion - you lie to fit the agenda

Just so the record shows it.

I challenge you to find one post of mine (you can u2u it to me) that ONLY quotes my own thoughts and/or obama's website.

in fact...i challenge you to find one thread i created that quotes obama's website period.

They dont exist.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

Andrew, I just spent the past 30 minutes reading posts and threads of yours and have got to say, you are lying!

You don't quote obama's website, but you sure seem to turn to youtube videos generated by end users as reliable sources. Videos that are often chopped up from original sources to make them come off as if they are something else.

You use little to no credible sources ever, and rely on the hard work of other ATSers when your backed into a corner. You often don't put up a legit argument and when you realize your on the loosing end of things you try to turn into a moderator claiming people are violating rules.

Its ALLL in your post history.

While the topics you bring up are fair to bring up, the way you argue them is extremely ignorant and rude. You've even recently admitted to purposely trying to piss people off.

Now this thread isn't about me, or you, or anyone else. I think everyone needs to take a few steps back from their keyboard and take a little breather, including myself.....

[edit on 8/9/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Videos that are often chopped up from original sources to make them come off as if they are something else.

Like the video upon which this thread is based?

Now this thread isn't about me, or you, or anyone else.

Exactly. Is there anything else to say about the out-of-context snip of Obama ruining a baby girl's life by answering her question honestly?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Videos that are often chopped up from original sources to make them come off as if they are something else.

Like the video upon which this thread is based?

No, because the video in this thread is in its entirety. I'm referring to 1-2 second sound bits organized in a manner to trick one into thinking someone is saying something else.

I'm not expecting you to know the difference but there is one.

I can just see Obama going to europe telling our enemies and allies we aren't what we used to be. *sarcasm* It would look so great image wise. *sarcasm*

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join