It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 The Year of the Draft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'm officially giving the year 2009 a new name.
When the National Draft starts and because I said it here first, members here at ATS will refer to the year 2009 as "The Year of the Draft" among other things.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
By "draft," you mean a forced enlistment by the armed services of the United States of America's young men between the ages of 17-27 to fight in the conflict in the Middle East?

Or do you suggest that epic draft classes from all the collegiate sports will enter the professional arenas, creating legendary rivalries and championships, causing the United States economy to become solely dependent on the sales and exports of sports logos, apparell, and other associated indicia?

... or do you imply... a year of uhhh, great beer?

I figger you mean da first. On what grounds do you name 2009 "The Year of the Draft?"

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This will be a National Military Draft meaning in the United States of America. Sry i'm not a sports fan and didn't know there was a National Draft for sports.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Why do you think there will be a draft? Do you suggest that the President-to-be is going to escalate the conflict in the ME? Or perhaps that we are losing the war and are in desperation for reinforments?

In such a hypothetical scenario, there would be MASS civil unrest on the homefront; more so than during Vietnam. This is probably why there has not and will not be a draft.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NexGenRevolution

Now you try and simplify what he "predicted" into 2 possible ideals or possibilities.
I think there could be quite a few more reasons than that.
What is stated is something simple and not elabourated. But i am curious, why was it stated. What is the reasoning behind your "prediction". I would in most cases rather call it an observation.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yeah, they just don't restablish the draft for no good reason. Do you some how believe this is a trick of the NWO? Do you believe WW3 will start early in 2009? What reasons would you assume they'd restablish the draft?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I like root beer, but I think he is talking about poor heating and drafty houses. Sounds terrible...

I don't think much of us will be here in 2009 to find out.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

No, no. I didn't mean so much as to pigeon-hole his idea. Just to understand his/her reasoning behind such a bold statement.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Where is here?
Why not?
Does this have to do with the draft? or some absurd EOTW type scenario.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4x4fun
I'm officially giving the year 2009 a new name.
When the National Draft starts and because I said it here first, members here at ATS will refer to the year 2009 as "The Year of the Draft" among other things.

Errr, because the OP said it we have to call 2009 "The Year of the Draft"

I will call 2009 whatever i want thankyou

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NexGenRevolution

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Where is here?
Why not?
Does this have to do with the draft? or some absurd EOTW type scenario.

Oh Come ON! A retarded baby could have clearly read that most basic cryptive statement. It's basicly right there in the open. Does it really need be spelled out for you? It has to do with many of these letters.

mlfipoldjvodljke
rldlkjdroiendliv
iopcjgldkdnfpdi
eowihjrkddividl
doirsekljrdilvkc
ichjmnerjkdidfk

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
here's the link for Selective Service;

www.sss.gov...

Carter reinstated 'draft' registration in 1980....
just in case a National Emergency came up & we needed to mobilize personnel for support or soldiering.

i take it that you expect the selective service system to call up registered citizens for some state of war or national emergency??

or maybe as an avenue for a public works program to revamp the USAs deteriorated infrastructure...with the 30% of unemployed 18-29 year olds in our 2009 recession??

On the other side of the Coin:

this year. 2008, is the Chinese Year-of-the-Rat

It will be Year-of-the-Ox in 2009....
so in a sense your more right than you think, as an Ox is a 'draft' animal

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
since he hasnt reposted, i think he is just someone who felt they needed to be included in something of which nature they have none of.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'll try to respond to some of your questions as long as I can keep it short.

Why do you think there will be a draft? Do you suggest that the President-to-be is going to escalate the conflict in the ME? Or perhaps that we are losing the war and are in desperation for reinforments?
In such a hypothetical scenario, there would be MASS civil unrest on the homefront; more so than during Vietnam. This is probably why there has not and will not be a draft.

I'm not suggesting these things. I'm making a prediction.

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKingsNow you try and simplify what he "predicted" into 2 possible ideals or possibilities.
I think there could be quite a few more reasons than that.
What is stated is something simple and not elabourated. But i am curious, why was it stated. What is the reasoning behind your "prediction". I would in most cases rather call it an observation.

I just wanted to be the first on ATS to do it.

[p]Originally posted by Incarnated
Yeah, they just don't restablish the draft for no good reason. Do you some how believe this is a trick of the NWO? Do you believe WW3 will start early in 2009? What reasons would you assume they'd restablish the draft?

If you mean New World Organization then no. I gave you the year of the draft. Some of the reasons civillians will be called to active duty would be the lack of troops needed to help defend our country, our allies and our resources. Another would be to give the boys we have over there now, a break.

pluckynoonez
I like root beer, but I think he is talking about poor heating and drafty houses. Sounds terrible...

You are entitled to think what you want.

OzWeatherman
Errr, because the OP said it we have to call 2009 "The Year of the Draft"

I will call 2009 whatever i want thankyou

Certainly you can call 2009 whatever, if you want. I did not give you this right, so there's no need for thankyou's

St Udio
take it that you expect the selective service system to call up registered citizens for some state of war or national emergency??
or maybe as an avenue for a public works program to revamp the USAs deteriorated infrastructure...with the 30% of unemployed 18-29 year olds in our 2009 recession??

We are already at war, but I think I can safely say yes to you question. public works program to revamp infrastructure? Probably not but you some of you might help in building new bases, ships, tanks and things.

THIseNdsnowoldKings
since he hasnt reposted, i think he is just someone who felt they needed to be included in something of which nature they have none of.

Sry, didn't reply fast enough for ya. I do do other things and have other priorities I tend to before I come to check ATS.

God bless.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The draft is political suicide.

Look at the widespread opposition to the Vietnam war among the "hippie" generation, and compare it to the current opposition to the Iraq war. I wouldn't say that Vietnam was particularly a much more "unjust" war, but the opposition was much more heated. Sure people now dislike the war but they aren't putting nearly as much effort into protesting it as people did in the late 60s. And why is that? I would argue it is because in Vietnam, there was a draft and people felt immediately and personally threatened by the war. These days, if you don't want to fight in Iraq or Afghanistan, the solution is simple on a personal level: just don't enlist.

The draft is what unseated Lyndon Johnson and, I believe, it was also the ultimate cause behind Nixon's impeachment. It's a lesson politicians have learned very well. There will be no more drafts unless the situation gets much, much more dire than it currently is or is likely to get. With an economic downturn in the works, they can probably get recruits more easily in the next few years (a choice between service or homlessness does wonders to boost the millitary rosters). Or they can offer citizenship to Mexican illegals in return for some period of millitary service. Both of these solutions are far more likely than a straight-up draft.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to ]post by silent thunder[/url]

The draft is political suicide.

Maybe so.
But don't be surprised if all major political parties are in reluctant support of it when it is announced.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

I was in the United States Navy and I would go back if there was a draft because it is our duty to do what is right for our country and for our people. I believe that this Nation will fall if we do nothing, as will the forsaken people of these country"s who do not have the rights u and I have here in the United States of America.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think 4x4's draft predictions are correct.

I would guess as well that people signed up like they were supposed to and if the draft is on, people will report just like they're supposed to.

Running away to Canada won't work this time around.

There'll be a few protests by some who wish to re-live the glory days of the 60's, but not many.

You don't get to decide whether you like the particular war we're involved with at the time either.

Your choices are simple.

1. Do your duty.

2. Run for the hills and prepare to live a life not as good as it could have been.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Or do you suggest that epic draft classes from all the collegiate sports will enter the professional arenas, creating legendary rivalries and championships, causing the United States economy to become solely dependent on the sales and exports of sports logos, apparell, and other associated indicia?

... or do you imply... a year of uhhh, great beer?

Too funny. How about beer and epic draft classes? I'll take a Sam Adams and Graham Harrell please.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That is the exact reason there could be and why.

With the economy falling there will be great civil unrest, so much so the police force will be unequipped to handle it and will have to rely on the military for both at home and abroad.

I assume this is why the poster posted it. The last thing I'm worried about is civil unrest as I'm more worried about the ultimate outcome after the civil unrest. Freedom or dictatorship is the question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join