It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman crushed in rush at DVD sale

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
What in the hell is our world coming too???!!!!
It's ridiculous isn't it? That is one example of how we are all slaves to the system.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Its stories like this one, that make me ashamed to be a part of humanity. :shk:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
just another reason why i hate walmart

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Its stories like this one, that make me ashamed to be a part of humanity. :shk:

I completely agree. This is the most disturbing thing I�ve heard in along time. It goes to show you that the love of people in no way can compare to materialistic love. Nobody would help because of the selfish greedy nature that permeates modern society. Makes me fuc*ing sick.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This happened the day after Thanksgiving.

Saturday, 29 November, 2003, 16:25 GMT

Still disturbing none the less... I cant believe that this could get past you for that long though. It was the big headline in the news for like a week.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
This happened the day after Thanksgiving.

Saturday, 29 November, 2003, 16:25 GMT

Still disturbing none the less... I cant believe that this could get past you for that long though. It was the big headline in the news for like a week.

Must have missed it.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
Still disturbing none the less... I cant believe that this could get past you for that long though.

Even MORE disturbing is this was all a sham apparently ! And the word is just now getting out?

By mid-week, media reports surfaced showing VanLester, a former Wal-Mart employee, had filed eight workers' compensation injury claims against Wal-Mart and at least eight claims against other businesses she frequented -- either as a worker or customer, according to public records and Wal-Mart officials. And her sister Ellzey, who claimed she was first in line with her injured sister, also had filed an injury complaint against Wal-Mart.

"There was no stampede; there was no bell ringing like they said," said Gale Barr of Deltona, who said she was at the Wal-Mart store in Orange City with her 20-year-old daughter as they took five DVDs for themselves and helped pass more to others in the crowd behind them.

"That woman was first in line," Barr said of VanLester. "She did lean against the pallet, which I thought was strange because her back was towards it. There was no stampede. Nobody could move. It was a fire hazard but there was no stampede."

Because she was busy pulling down DVDs herself, Barr said she did not see VanLester fall to the floor, but did see Wal-Mart employees tend to her immediately.

They have names for people that go around slipping and getting hurt all the time, and make numerous claims.

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by smirkley]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join