It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel PM contender: Iran is root of all evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Israel PM contender: Iran is root of all evil

www.newsdaily.com

JERUSALEM, Aug. 6, 2008 (Reuters) — Israeli cabinet minister Shaul Mofaz, a contender to succeed the prime minister, denounced his native Iran on Wednesday as "the root of all evil" and said its nuclear program constituted a threat to world peace.

Mofaz was speaking a day after he launched a campaign for a party leadership election next month that will lead to the replacement of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/8/08 by absente]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So Mofaz, an ex-military head is becoming the new Israeli PM - how great. It's sounds like we are getting to the last Chapter of "How the Israel-Iran War begun" -

I am sick of those headlines. All that "axis of evil" crap. At the same time President Bush says in SEOUL "North Korea is still an "axis of evil" member"

axis of evil, axis of evil, axis of evil - great way of manipulating "normal" people. Repeat the sentence over and over again and at the end you see yourself saying "Oh, that's maybe true darling" .. wtf-

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
But he is from that very same place, the root of all evil thing. So if he is from the root of evil - is he evil by himself then??

Actually he has almost no chances to become PM. Even in his own party - that has very low chances of winning the elections by itself - he is less popular then his opponent.
I personally think that there is a real (not 100% but still real) chance of Israeli strike , at least as long as Ahmadinejad and his group are at the top. And i would not like ex-Iranian (or Persian) at the helm , because there will be always a question if there are personal reasons that could be involved in the decision-making.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Olmert was bad enough...this man sounds like olmert on a power trip....i can see this man thinking about taking on Iran even without direct American support....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
''The root of all evil'' - there's an additional 50,000 men signing up for the armed forces of Iran coupled with 10,000 for the militia.

The root of all future terrorist attacks coming out of Iran right there.

Well done there Israel - diplomacy in the 21st C. Isn't it great!!!

Breifne

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I started a thread about this man about a week ago, these are a few more things relating to him...

www.independent.co.uk...

A leading candidate to be Israel's next premier called for a death toll of 70 Palestinians a day when he was head of the military during the second intifada, according to a best-selling book by two Israeli journalists.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"If Iran continues with its programme for developing nuclear weapons, we will attack it. The sanctions are ineffective," Mr Mofaz told Yediot Ahronot.

"Attacking Iran, in order to stop its nuclear plans, will be unavoidable," he said.

If he gets into power could we see a confrontation in Iran? I find it ironic how he was actually born in Tehran!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Mofaz is referring to the iranian regime not the people, surely as an Iranian knowing the nature of the beast puts him in a position of understanding better than you and me.

The previous President of Israel was Iranian aswell dont forget. Many Iranians currently reside in Israel, a huge percentage of Iranians emmigrated during the revolution for fear of pursicution at the hands of the religious elite.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

Hi fred,

can you post the link to the thread you've started? Sounds interesting, didn't know those things.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
But he is from that very same place, the root of all evil thing. So if he is from the root of evil - is he evil by himself then??

It appears that he is somehow implying that Israel is the "root of all good".

If we are to believe that North Korea, Iran and Syria are the "axis of evil", then I wonder who is the engine and driveline?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Well, Bulgaria as a small ally of the US would be the left window

(sorry MOD's, couldn't resist)

[edit on 6/8/08 by absente]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by absente

Why so surprised? This has been going on for months now since they threw charges at Olmert. Olmert does not want to go to war.. so they opened his closet and found out that he took funds a few "years" ago. How convenient.

And of course the opposition is drooling for blood.. they're all for a confrontation. This is why the US has not come down on Iran recently after Iran has refused to bow to international pressure regarding their nuclear technology.

Wait until the house is in order in Israel.. then all hell will break loose again.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The best thing Israel can do is hold new elections and bring in Netenyahu. They need a government with public backing to solve its problems effectively.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

and the best thing for the ME would be if Iran elected a true hardline leader to solve there problems. effectively.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Pretty bold statement from a man who was born in Iran (Tehran), descended from Iranian Jews and speaks Farsi too.

How can he insult his own heritage like that?
So is he implying he's evil as well?

Has he become so wrapped up in his own Zionist propaganda he doesn't even care about his own identity?

Goes to show you how fanatical some of these right-wing Likud members are; they don't care whatever the cost is to accomplish their own selfish goals.
I think Mofaz would see no problem with personally dropping a nuke over his home country.

Pretty sad day in your life when you want to attack the nation in which you were born and grew up in.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
lol, root of ALL evil?

A kid kicks a kitten in Kansas... no, the kid didn't do an evil thing, that was Iran!

Seriously, the root of ALL evil?

So... Israel trying to provoke a country that hasn't invaded anyone, like Iran... this is being a good guy?

Guess I was wrong, trying to get people killed really is what good guys do... thanks Israel, wouldn't have known that without you.

I think, as my first act of kindness, I'm gonna go tell the local black community that my neighbor is a Nazi, and tell the authorities he's harboring restricted weapons.
This is clearly what good guys do, thanks Israel!
Sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

I think you'll find the majority of Iranians abroad are against the current regime. Thats assuming you know any, which you evidently dont. Do some homework before resorting to the usual Zionist bashing.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

i think that if he is so worried about iran he should go after them by himself. i hate these cut and run people. example irans bad and isereal good and back us up america and as soon as they get there seeya. screw isreal they been doing this crap for years let them get in the water and get there feet wet if they want to stop iran. i myself and sick of wars altogether, its a waste of time resources and lives.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by crawgator406]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I think you'll find the majority of Iranians abroad are against the current regime. Thats assuming you know any, which you evidently dont.

The only thing that's evident is that you don't know me so let's leave it at that.

I do know plenty of Persians. There's a huge expatriate community here in Australia.

And not one of them to my knowledge has denounced their own homeland as the the "the root of all evil".

Some have grievances with Ahmadinejad yes, but Mofaz's statement goes too far in my opinion:

"The Iranians are the root of all evil," Mofaz said in a live interview on Israel Radio,

That's a pretty ignorant and sweeping statement for a person to make when they descend from Iran.

Fine hate the government, who doesn't hate them these days it's fashionable for western society...
But to say the people are the root of all evil is questionable.

And I'm not "bashing" Zionism, I'm denouncing it.
Fanaticism is universally counter-productive, be it Islamic, Judaic or Christian; ultra-conservative religious movements like it just help to pour gallons of fuel on the bonfire that is the Middle East.

Zionism is a threat to stability in the same way Islamic Fundamentalism is, they both to seek to undermine the influence and freedom of non-members of their religions.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Why not encourage ALL your members to purchase or encouragement "one of financial means" to donate funds toward the purchase of T-shirts of which advertise domains such as infowars.com, abovetopsecret.com etc. which a large and catchy slogan such as:
YOUR FREEDOM IS IN JEOPARDY
FIND OUT WHY
INFOWARS.COM
or somthing to that effect. These sites need to be advertised so the populace as a whole are aware of what it going on behind the scenes here in America and around the world. The dual Israeli/American citizens(spies, traitors) working on behalf of Israel are destroying this country for the protection and financial benefit of Israel and the international bankers such as the trillionare Rothchilds who have their hand in virtually all Central Banks (of any importance), brokerage houses as well as all of the largest Oil companies, agricultural companies; any financial entity of any importance. The Rothchilds need to be AUDITED so the world can see how vast and wholly encompassing their empire truely is. The Rothchilds have their assets hidden in multiple trusts worldwide as well as their massive gold holdings held in central banks around the world. The Rothschilds manipulated and deliberately controlled the world price of gold (until last year they claimed to have stopped "trading" in gold)so that gold would be no longer seen as a good hedge/investment for currencies. The elimation of gold as a backing for currency was their plan all along beginning with President Wilson's reign.
See link for Rothchilds' quotes.
quotes.liberty-tree.ca...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Netenyahu????
Netenyahu was behind the planning of 9/11 and the coconspirators were dual Israeli/American citizens of whom conspired to bring down the towers to gain support among Americans to attack Isreal's enemies FOR them and to set up a permanent US force presence in the Arab arena (IRAQ) to protect Isreal in the future. See my other posts for more details. You should be interested to know the truth. This poster sounds like an Israeli who is NOT out for "our" interests. How dare this guy advise Netenyahu on this board. Who are you and of what country or is it "countries" are you a citizen of?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join