It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says if Americans inflated their tires properly we would save oil!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Spartan.....I think I see where you're attempting to come from. I took a moment to look at the avatar section you put up.

I hope, for the sake of civil discourse, we could tone down the rhetoric between members, and stay on the original idea.

No, I have no authority to request that, I am just a member who wishes to have an opinion. So many threads get heated, and the OP is lost in the process....I've done it myself!! BUT, I look up, and see the title of the thread, plain as day! AND, I remind myself, what to discuss.

hint: for Spartan....I really appreciate the 'blackwater' reference....you are right on, though it's not the topic here.

Here's my take, and I am NO expert in this field, by any stretch of the imagination: If you follow the AAA, NHTSA, and just common sense ideas that advocate proper tire inflation and tuneups, then you will increase your MPG.

Of course, the math requires EVERYONE to follow the guidelines....or else, the concept falls apart. MAYBE that is your argument???

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Of course, following the guidelines is what's important, and I try to follow them.

I'm lost here about the Blackwater reference, as stating here in this reply is the first time I've referenced them, unless I did it and have totally forgotten.

Are you talking about the signature under the post?

Yes, political discourse and rhetoric need to be toned down at times, which is what I was trying to do.

I was trying to keep what I stated on a tire gauge as the topic and the politics, but one can only talk about a small piece of metal and plastic so much, so the other parts of the topic at hand are tires, Obama, oil, and Americans, something people are sometimes very opinionated about.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

yeah....in your avatar, below it.

Spartan, you aren't working for McCain, are you??? Because, you said, what you wrote on a tire guage....that came from the McCain camp!!!

Ah Hah!! You're found out!!

kidding.

Well, seems Obama is on a week-long vacation in Hawai'i.....the August Doldrums, I suppose.

In the meantime, Ms. Bill Clinton (the one in the pants) is taking over as surrogate!! Oh, this will be juicy!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh, what a dirty, nasty accusation!!!

No, I do not now, nor have I ever, nor will I ever work for Barack Hussein Obama.

No, I do not now, nor have I ever, nor will I ever work for John Sidney McCain.

*This Message Is Only Approved By SpartanKingLeonidas*

*It Does Not Quailfy As A Political Endorsement For Any Politician*

That having been said, I now officially hate you, weedwhacker.

I'm kidding, of course.

Neither of them could afford the services I'd offer, and neither could afford that I wasn't on their payroll.

Tires gauges are not a fix for a national economical situation, plain and simple.

I've noticed that Obama makes a whole lot of statements about "it's time for a change" but never identifies what that change is in full. That's an odd thing for someone to do, it means that the change is something they do not want to define, because either they have doubt in their ability to pull it off, it's something that's going to be highly controversial, or it's going to be something the American populace will not like one bit.

It's time for a change alright, the change I'm defining here, is politicians being held accountable for their actions and or inactions, to actually do something for the nation as a whole.

Only time will tell what Barack Obama has in mind for his "changes" and I hope it's not something the entire nation will regret as whole or in part.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I think there's a 'c' in his first name....but I notice things like that, sorry.

Oh, my apologies.....this is in response to 'Spartan'...

I think I got your humor....good job.

You forgot to mention 'Hussein'....or did I just do it for you??? Well, his father WAS from Africa.

So, what kind of name is 'Herbert Walker', anyway???? Herbert, I get....wtf is 'Walker'?

Let's see, let's play the 'name game'.....William Jefferson Clinton. Hmmm....'pres' Jefferson made babies with black slaves.

'George' was also the first name of our first President....does this mean that it carries any weight???

My middle name is John. John Adams was a President. My middle name comes from my Paternal Grandfather, his first name was John. Middle name Decatur....sounds very, very fancy, and OH SO ROYAL.....but what did it get him? He met my grandmother, in Tennessee. He came from a family of tobacco farmers, then moved West, only to die of a heart attack, form hard work in a factory. Before I was born!!!

So, please keep bringing up names, it makes your case so well!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Again, OBAMA'S PLAN WORKS!

Only you and Neocons say it won't. The Experts, the people who study this for a living, agree.

So..

Everyone who knows what they're talking about=Support Obama's plan

People who are just rabid anti anything Obama=Driving with flat tires and bleach in the oil pan

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
Again, OBAMA'S PLAN WORKS!

Only you and Neocons say it won't. The Experts, the people who study this for a living, agree.

So..

Everyone who knows what they're talking about=Support Obama's plan

People who are just rabid anti anything Obama=Driving with flat tires and bleach in the oil pan

Wow, you just see only one perspective, and have no respect for anyone else's opinion whatsoever, don't you?

I'm not a Neocon, and by your statement there, anyone who does not agree with Obama or you, has their head up their backside.

I see you're not going to last long here as a member because of your arguementative stance that anyone who isn't in support of your opinion is just plain wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
When they are wrong they are wrong. It doesn't matter what my opinion is it matters what the facts are. And when you disagree with the FACTS you are wrong. Obama's plan works, you are wrong. No opinion, all fact. You are going to drive with flat tires and bleach in your oil pan just to spite Obama's plan even though it works.

So far you ENTIRE ARGUEMENT has been...

"I HATE OBAMA I HATE OBAMA I HATE OBAMA! I say his plan won't work even though I'm wrong but I'll still say it won't work because I HATE OBAMA! Screw the experts, the math, facts, and reality because I HATE OBAMA!"

I just looked over your posts and my point remains the same. You have provided nothing but "HIS PLAN WON'T WORK BECAUSE I HATE OBAMA!" You have provided no proof it won't work except for your pure blind hatred for a black man.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

I have to just laugh at all of your posts, including this last one, in trying to paint that I hate Obama, and that I'm wrong.

Your position and posting on the topic of Obama and his tire gauge is so silly as to show that you're just another follower.

I've never stated that properly inflating a tire will not help a car run smoother, I stated that Obama's suggestion, that everyone in the nation doing it simultaneously is silly as Hell as a way to be enough to stop the $3 to $4 a gallon hurting all of our collective wallets.

Obama's suggestion of this as something to actually help the national economy, and saving enough oil that it would be cost effective as a tool to help our situation with the rising gas prices, and thereby help us as citizens is infantile and makes him look more like Bozo the Clown than Bush ever did.

I could care less for Obama, just as much as I could care less for McCain, just as much as I could care less for Bush and Cheney.

All politicians are bought and paid for liars, promoting their wares as National Policy and International Policy, for their Corporate Sponsors.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You have specifically said you hate Obama. You have provided nothing but "I HATE OBAMA" as your proof. So you are wrong, the experts are right.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
So that's it? Since anyone who can read can see where you clearly stated you Hate Obama, and that's the only reason you say this plan won't work since ALL the experts say it will you won't post?

Well, anyone else want to deny all those evil liberals like NASCAR, AAA, Bush's Energy Dept., Gov. Crist and Ah-Nold, and even McCain?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Well, they used to say the tire guages were USD$ .89

Of course, now, due to our voracity for oil....and Sen. Phil Gramm's (a McCain advisor) legislation that allowed rampant oil market speculation....the rich just get richer.

So, to ship the tire guages from China, then put them on shelves now means by the time it hits the 'Pep Boys' auto parts stores, it's priced at about USD$1.49

So, be sure to visit McCain's website and buy one for USD$25.00!!!

Then, go fill your tank and complain about the high gasoline prices.

ps....for our friends in other nations besides the USA....I'm sure you're wondering what all the fuss is about, since you've been paying through the nose for years, for gasoline/petrol.

Here's a hint: Even when the typical American tourist visits, say....Denmark, and looks at the fuel prices, they probably think "Wow! Only about two dollars a gallon!! Except, they don't realize that's PER LITRE....then, they likely don't even know what a litre is.

AND, it is a crying shame that the US hasn't adopted the metric system yet. We're being left well behind, not Third World yet...more like Second World, at this point.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

what Obama is really trying to say is not only that inflating tires and getting a proper tune-up will do as much good as off-shore oil drilling, which is very likely possible... but if you read between the lines, he's actually saying that off shore oil drilling will do very little to fix the problem.

so for the repubndits to attack him for supposedly saying that tire pressure is his idea of a solution to all the energy problems of the usa, proves that they probably didn't even get the joke, or at the very least that they think the mass public, or at least their target demographic, is too stupid to get it.

That and their push to try to make off-shore drilling seem that it really is the answer to all of the energy problems of the usa, and that's the most ridiculous suggesting of all.

Why don't we import japanese cars that run ONLY on water? They have them, right now.
www.genepax.co.jp...
as well as original inventions in the USA in the early 1990s. unfortunately the inventor was shot after repeatedly turning down billion dollar offers to "shut up" by the Saudis and others. He had a car that could drive from LA to New York City... ONLY on 22 gallons of water. So oil is truly irrelevant for personal transportation now... and has been, possibly even longer than the early 90s, for all we know.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join