It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's warning: Either Iran dismantles its nuclear weapons program or else.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here is something very intresting, about the UN's Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty. I got to thinking about the Searching for WMDs And the Iran thing, Why dont other countrys dont demand we dismantle or else?

This was the only nuclear treaty I could even find.

At the very top of the page it says not inforced yet.

disarmament2.un.org...

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Why dont other countrys dont demand we dismantle or else?

Because we can turn the world into a radioactive slag-heap

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
disarmament.un.org:8080...
Here is the bio treaty.

Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on Their Destruction

Q

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm sick of all of this "It-didn't-happen-and-if-it-did-the-guvment-did-it" crap. Is it denial? Can you not believe that such a thing could happen? I've seen the gaping hole in the Pentagon myself, as well as heard, personally, eyewitness accounts of people seeing the plane coming in over the freeway, snapping off light poles it was so low.

Ahem...sorry about that. A bit off-topic, but I had to say it.

This whining about Iran's nuclear innocence is a shame as well. Iran "opened" their nuclear activities to the IAEA because they were so stupid that they actually believed they wouldn't find anything. Unfortunately (for them) they weren't bright enough to realize that there would be remnants of highly enriched uranium sticking to the walls--literally here, there, and everywhere. Again, not bright enough to realize that their undeclared weapons-grade centrifuge program would be discovered as well. Iran let them in thinking they would find nothing and therefore score some major international diplomacy brownie points. Now Iran's saying, essentially "quit finding stuff and pointing it out, or we quit cooperating". And no-one else sees a problem with this?

N. Korea basically did the same, only it wasn't the IAEA who busted them out--it was good 'ol US intel. And we all know how their reaction's been since then. "What? You found our secret weapons program that you've been paying us for years not to have, per the treaty we signed with you? Get out! Get out now! But don't quit sending us money, food, and oil or we will have no choice but to start nuking people and it will be all your fault..."

Is anyone else going to stand up and put the smack down on these neanderthals? Of course not. These groups aren't to be trusted with a sharp butter knife, much less WMD.

If the US doesn't intervene, we're berated for being a superpower and not stepping in. If we do, we're classified as imperialists. We can do no right by some people.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

And outside of Haiti and way back in Vietnam, what countries have we not left to fight their own battles?

It would be a lot shorter list of those we did but here are a few off the top.....

Korea
Panama
Iraq
Colombia
Cuba
Grenada
Iran
El Salvodor
Somoila
Kosivio....... I know its not a country
Israel and there neighbors

As a matter of fact its hard to come up with a country that we have NOT interfered in there internal affairs to one degree or another.

Interfering does not always mean sending in troops it often just means pouring money and weapons to thew side we want to win, which does not always spell the "good" side. Remember Hussian and Bin Laden BOTH were our staunch allies at one time.

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by Amuk]

Add to the above list.....
Nicaragua
Peru
Argentina
Costa Rica
The Phillipines

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by Amuk

And outside of Haiti and way back in Vietnam, what countries have we not left to fight their own battles?

It would be a lot shorter list of those we did but here are a few off the top.....

Korea
Panama
Iraq
Colombia
Cuba
Grenada
Iran
El Salvodor
Somoila
Kosivio....... I know its not a country
Israel and there neighbors

As a matter of fact its hard to come up with a country that we have NOT interfered in there internal affairs to one degree or another.

Interfering does not always mean sending in troops it often just means pouring money and weapons to thew side we want to win, which does not always spell the "good" side. Remember Hussian and Bin Laden BOTH were our staunch allies at one time.

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by Amuk]

Add to the above list.....
Nicaragua
Peru
Argentina
Costa Rica
The Phillipines

Oh yeah.. and Venezuala
East Timor

It's early in the morning.. Ill remember a few more later, no doubt.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If the US doesn't intervene, we're berated for being a superpower and not stepping in. If we do, we're classified as imperialists. We can do no right by some people.

The problem is that most of those people live in the United States.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Bush's warning: Either Iran dismantles its nuclear weapons program or else.

Or elese what!?!?! That fag can NOT go to just any country and tell it to halt it's nuclear program. Who does he think he is? And it would be very very stupid for him to start a war with Iran because Russia is friends with them, and are the ones who gave it it's nuclear technology in the first place.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh why not, lets just bomb everyone and then we can have the entire planet to ourselves. Our government consists of a bunch of morons who want to not only rule our country but rule everyone else's country as well. I say we get rid of our government and start fresh.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Some of the differences between Iran and Iraq are:

Iran has more up todate weapons-purchased from Russias fire sale to get money. Better jets, tanks, has subs reported to have a few tactile nukes. Another issue, buy the time we attack a second M.E. country, might get all the rest to band together against us. This would be a big mistake.
Just a thought, could this have anything to do with the US sending about 1/2 of our fleet out to sea now? See link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well now that we took Saddam out of the picture, we are forced to do our own dirty work.....

This is not going to be pretty. Can anyone say Revelations!?!

[edit on 14-6-2004 by NeedTruth]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU BUSH!!!!
CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!! I MEAN, GET REAL!!!

....You're supposed to let Isreal take care of Iran!

That should be fun to watch

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
We are going to take out the "head" of Iran to allow the pro-democratic majority of Iran rebuild their country free of religious zelots oppression. Oh and we will blow up some of their nuclear weapons capabilities ie Enrichment centers while we are at it. Then agree to let the Uk and Russia go in there and rebuild there power generation sites. Since we will probably destroy some of that as well. Then Iran will be free to rule themselves and maybe since they are mostly #es then Iraq and Iran can be buddies and they can make a new country and call it Irat or Irao or maybe Irah or maybe even Irajah-Fa or something like Irap. Or Towela-Falljuah-Won or something. I dont know, but sounds likely to me when the US takes out the head of states of two oppressive regimes and has no action plan on how to effectively rebuild a governing body in the two countries.

Just my 2 cents

[edit on 14-6-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i say let the iranians have their reactors and bombs. that way if they use a bomb, we can trace the evidence back to THEIR reactors and them wed have a good excuse for the entire western world to throw everything they have at iran, thus one more theology down the #ter by legit means.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I sincerely hope there isn't a war with Iran. Enough war already.
Call me a hippy if you want, but it's damn depressing!

As for the issue of a Sept. 11, 2001 conspiracy conducted by our government:

I'm not saying I neccesarily believe there was a conspiracy to allow September 11 to happen. But I do think this timeline should be read before anyone, on either side of the idealogical fence, draws any conclusions about what really happened that fateful day:

September 11 timeline

And on a more personal note, this is an article (entirely personal opinion, but it is the opinion of someone with some credibility in my opinion) written by a former special forces master sergeant. This man trained my father, and my Dad vouches for his credibility. A quote from my Dad regarding him: "I have all the respect in the world for Stan Goff's take on most situations. He's right!" Like I said, this one is more personal opinion than detailed analysis (though there is that, too), but I do feel it's worth reading:

Opinions of Stan Goff, former special forces master sergeant.

I know these two articles lean more heavily toward the conspiratorial side of things, but please atleast read them. Be open minded, whether you believe there was a conspiracy or not, and really consider all the facts. Then tell me what you think. You may find your views changing, regardless of what side of the debate you're on, after reading them.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If we invade Iran it has nothing to do with nukes. Like with WMD in Iraq this is just an excuse for war. Its nothing more than imperialism and the hunt for free oil. Iran isn't doing anything to anyone. You don't hear of Iranians complaining about their country. Only one complaining is the US. If security for the US was a concern then we'd already be in NK. Fact is Dubya doesn't have the guts to fight NK. His reign as president is already a historical failure. I mean he doesn't want to completely cement himself as one of the worst presidents in US history.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
If we invade Iran it has nothing to do with nukes. Like with WMD in Iraq this is just an excuse for war. Its nothing more than imperialism and the hunt for free oil. Iran isn't doing anything to anyone. You don't hear of Iranians complaining about their country. Only one complaining is the US. If security for the US was a concern then we'd already be in NK. Fact is Dubya doesn't have the guts to fight NK. His reign as president is already a historical failure. I mean he doesn't want to completely cement himself as one of the worst presidents in US history.

Wow, this is a very uninformed post.

If/when we invade Iran it will have nothing to do with nukes?

I'm sorry, but this is a country ruled by exactly the kind of Islamic nut cases that are strapping bombs to their chests and look for a big crowd of people (AKA Americans, Europeans, Isrealis....anything western) to blow up. Iran has trained terrorists before - that is a FACT. Now why the hell should ANY country sit around and wait for Iran to build a few nukes and give them to OBL? It's Suicide by neglect!

Iran isn't doing anything to anyone?

Tell that to every female who lives in that country. Or the US soldiers that die at the hands of Iranian terrorists.

You know what - you got one part right, Iranians don't complain about their government - do you know why? HINT: Freedom of expression is not enjoyed by everyone in this world.

And again, you say that the US is the only country complaining? Take a look at Isreals position on the subject. If you actually read up on the subject you will find MANY nations share Americas view.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well we do not have to invade to turn Iran back 3000 years were they have 0 chance of building even a pipe bomb for a few hundred years. We can do that with GPS Bombs and missles in a matter of weeks. The problem is we always feel some stupid pity for our enemies and feel like we need to rehabilitate them. I say to hell with that. As far as North Korea go. If you have not followed the deployment of the lasers that shoot down missles and artillary shells.. (check other forum) www.technovelgy.com... mtheml this thing (only one of em) can shoot down a shell or missle every 5 seconds (100% accuracy)? Deploy 20 or 100 of these and North Korea is impotent. I might remind you that if it can shoot down artillary it can also destroy aircraft. I think the recent massive reduction in front line troops smells of impending action. Moving the troops aw
ay from boarder would reduce friendly casualties.

Iran would be a pretty much push over weather we invade or just bomb them to stone ages.

I just hope we do not use troops as there really is no point. We dont need the land we just need the bad leaders dead and remove there industrial abilities and combat capabilities.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Saw it coming a mile away. Once they taste blood... Its all down hill.
Anyhow, I don't trust the iranians with WMD, what am I saying.. I wouldn't trust them with the time of day!

Just hope it doesn't piss the middle east of too much

Lets just hope it stays with Iran and doesnt go as far as North Korea.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join