It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain security throws out black reporter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Are we not surprised? Honestly.

Whats next, Sidney, are we going to compare Obama to thug rappers like 2pac and Biggie?

What a shame.

Maybe you should read the entire article before posting your opinion. Wouldnt wanna look silly, would you?

Tallahassee Democrat senior writer Stephen Price on Friday was singled out and asked to leave a media area at the Panama City rally of presidential candidate Sen. John McCain.

Price was among at least three other reporters, and the only black reporter, surrounding McCain's campaign bus — Gov. Charlie Crist and his fiancee, Carole Rome, were already aboard — when a member of the Arizona senator's security detail asked the reporter to identify himself. Price had shown his media credentials to enter the area.

Full Story

You would think if there are only four reporters outside your tour bus, you'd be happy just to finally have some publicity?

I guess Black people are just that scary though, huh? :shk:

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think from what was provided, much ado is being made out of this. Honestly, if this was an honest piece it would have read "McCain security throws out reporter".

As of yet no one knows why it was done but it stands to reason that any inane reason might be used, especially outside our country. Security is very tight for McCain and Obama, for obvious reasons.

It could have been for any number of reasons, one of which is race, but to simply leap to that conclusion because it was readily to hand and is politically expedient (and hurtful) isn't honest.

Perhaps it's because he's black and perhaps not. Let's not indite people because it's one of many possibilities and that one fits some agenda.

I have doubts that McCain is racist. I've seen little to no good evidence of it but the harping and speculation goes on.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I doubt it had anything to do with the color of his skin Andrew. You're just baiting here with the scary Black comment. The simple fact of the matter was he was in a restricted area, and probably causing a disturbance.

I agree, they should have thrown them all out. But maybe the others weren't making a nuisance of themselves, and McCain's detail was indeed attempting to cut them some slack. No good deed seems to ever go unpunished.

As they say, It only takes one person to ruin it for everyone. I wasn't there, so I can't say for a fact that this was the case. It would be interesting to hear what the other reporters observed however.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It is absolutely disgusting to see someone work up such slander such as you have. Maybe it just so happens that the reporter was thrown out for other reasons than being black?

Was the other reporter removed black herself? That on the other hand would give a little more evidence of such a nasty accusation.

You've probably never come across the secret service yourself, but when an agent does not feel right about someone they damned well better follow their instinct. Now of course you're probably going to come back and say that in itself is racist. But you see, this is how the secret service is trained, and they are only doing their job. In addition, they do their job quite well.

When I met Kerry in 04' I was allowed to greet him, my mother whom is Spaniard wasn't. So... do I sit down and suck it up? Or do I pull the race card? You be the judge.

Do the political arena a favor, stop slandering and twisting every story you come across. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but everyone that is listening is entitled to the truth. Your post history shows you twist just about anything possible, and in your own personal definition of racist, you come quite close to meeting it.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

I agree, they should have thrown them all out.

Im glad you agree.

So why was the only person thrown out a "black man" ?

And yet - the McCain campaign offers nay a explanation.

If the guy was making an ass of himself, certainly that'd be the first thing the mccain campaign came forth with?

Allow me to add:

You didnt read the whole article.

Maybe you should go read the article.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

wow you read alot into this he was the only black guy sand with local pres reporters and the only 1 to be asked to move and when challenge they then removed 1 white person.

Are you sure you're an independent writer ?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
it is hilarious isnt it?

Its like "oh yeah - it must've been him making a scene!! because they wouldnt have thrown him out for being black"

Really? Do you really know them that well? Or are you hoping that this is the answer?

I guess its no different, really, than Obama's idiot advisors asking the Muslim women to step out of the picture for his campaign speech.

Funny how the tide turns so many times in this election

The show's on, and the conservatives don't seem to be able to stand the heat for 08.

Maybe its a sign?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
it is hilarious isnt it?

Its like "oh yeah - it must've been him making a scene!! because they wouldnt have thrown him out for being black"

Really? Do you really know them that well? Or are you hoping that this is the answer?

What? What are you talking about? When push comes to shove you don't know any more than anyone else why he was tossed.

No one knows, yet you seem rather certain.

I guess its no different, really, than Obama's idiot advisors asking the Muslim women to step out of the picture for his campaign speech.

Funny how the tide turns so many times in this election

True, I felt that Obama asking that of the woman was sad and uncalled for in the extreme.

The show's on, and the conservatives don't seem to be able to stand the heat for 08.

Maybe its a sign?

How so? And in what sense do you say conservative? There are many different sections of conservatives.

I'm "conservative" and I don't support McCain. What's the point?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
First off, lets get your facts straight (ill do it for you)

Obama never asked those women to move. His idiot campaign person did that.

McCain never asked this black reporter to leave. His idiot security detail did that.

Now that we have that cleared up (since....for some reason you didnt catch it)

While you were out, Occam called. He wants his razor back.

its simple. When you have, lets say (for arguments sake) Four people standing in a room. One of them is black. Three of them are white, and one person is asked to leave...

the chances of the person being asked to leave is 25% for any of them. So the black man was chose.

Ok. If he was acting up, i could live with that no problems at all.

But -- here's where the razor hint comes in --

The McCain campaign didnt offer that as a reason. They offered nothing. "hes gota go"

that was it.

So.. if he was acting up - would it not be just as easy to say "he was making a scene"???

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I really don't think McCain would do something so blatantly bigoted, so I have a hard time believing it was because he was black.

Did anyone fully explain WHY his guards ask the reporter to leave?

Could it be from his known political affiliations?

Or the fact that he was a democrat and there may have been some Dem bashing going on they wanted off the record? Youtube has not been kind to McCain.

Was he the only Democrat there?

Seems strange that McCain would ask his guards to remove him simply because he was black. That doesn't sound like something McCain would do.

McCain doesn't like race games. Being the victim of such racial smearing when he ran against Bush for the Republican nomination and someone sent out (yet again) erroneous and libelous chain mail about his adopted Indian daughter. They claimed she was the product of a secret McCain love affair with a black woman in the hopes that this would turn most conservatives off.

It may have worked because he lost.

I don't believe they should boot certain reporters over politics...or ignore and ostracize them, but politicians do this all the time. Bush as I recall did the same to a well known female liberal who liked to hit him with hard questions.

Reporters these days get locked out for political reasons all the time, similar to the mess with the alleged firing of those lawyers that were democrats.

That I can believe happens.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

You're right, lee. Its possible that it wasnt because he was black.

However, you're basing that assumption off of the notion that it was mccain making the decision.

It wasnt mccains decision, just like it wasnt obama's decision to curb the two muslims.

Campaign people (in this case, security detail) make stupid mistakes like this because they think it's helping their candidate.

Till the story hits the news, and makes them look bad.

Sure, its POSSIBLE that it wasnt because he's black. But its also possible that he was.

And as i see it, it seems more accurate to say its because he was.

If he wasnt, wouldnt there be an explanation FROM the mccain campaign?

Or would it be easier to sweep it under the carpet.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I guess Black people are just that scary though, huh?

Are you saying that the reason they threw him out is because he was black and scary? Race baiting if you ask me or is it stereotyping. Do you have evidence to back this up?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

reply to post by lee anoma

You're right, lee. Its possible that it wasnt because he was black.

However, you're basing that assumption off of the notion that it was mccain making the decision.

It wasnt mccains decision, just like it wasnt obama's decision to curb the two muslims.

Campaign people (in this case, security detail) make stupid mistakes like this because they think it's helping their candidate.

Till the story hits the news, and makes them look bad.

Sure, its POSSIBLE that it wasnt because he's black. But its also possible that he was.

And as i see it, it seems more accurate to say its because he was.

If he wasnt, wouldnt there be an explanation FROM the mccain campaign?

Or would it be easier to sweep it under the carpet.

I don’t know why your so surprised Andrew, the anti-Obamanians are good at sweeping their hypocrisy under the rug. If they weren’t well then we wouldn’t have an issue getting these facts into their heads.

As for the information provided in the article, I think the fact the McCain camp didnt get onto this soon raises questions indeed. This is probably not related to race (hopefully) but it is no different of a situation with Obama and the two muslim women. Same situation. Same scenario.

As I said, some people are just good at sweep their hypocrisy under the rug.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I guess Black people are just that scary though, huh?

Are you saying that the reason they threw him out is because he was black and scary? Race baiting if you ask me or is it stereotyping. Do you have evidence to back this up?

Honestly Jam, you fellas are always the ones playing the race card then the minute your confronted "oh im not playing the race card! you are! Obamas muslim thats not racist! this is different!", sounds childish eh?

The point of this thread highlights the hypocrisy coming from the anti-Obamanians here, this is the exact scenario with Obama and those muslim women yet people were quick to jump to conclusions, not to give an explanation a try, yet here this happens and as typical, its swept under the rug.

Media bias my ass, people were still using the liberal media BS back in 2003. Boy the media was certainly liberal that time aswell.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It is not being swept under the rug. What should have happened is that he should have waited till he found out why the reporter was thrown. Andrew made it sound like they threw the guy out because he was black and I called him on it. He is making an assumption on facts he still don't know. And then later he derails his own thread by talking about Obama and the Muslim women thing.

The Muslim women were removed by campaign volunteers and the reporter was removed by the secret service. The same secret service that are obligated to protect Obama, McCain and Bush. Big difference if you ask me because the secret service did not see the Muslim women as a threat or they would have been the one to remove them.

Now personally i have no reason to play the race card. I'm sure you are correct that some people do. And to be frank I have spoken on Obama behalf too. I don't think he is a Muslim, I don't think his previous drug use is an issue, I do believe he is patriotic in his own unique way, I do think he deserves credit for playing to his strength and being articulate, and he is a US citizen.

There are things I don't like about Obama but thats a different story. But you must agree that this thread does sound like this reporter was throwing out because of his race and I think it is wrong to make this a race issue before we even know the reason. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to defend my view in a cordial manner. By the way the Muslim thing in my view was a mistake on his volunteers part, not Obama.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
All I know is that I hope you guys keep calling racism. Its going to lose the election for you. The way you guys see race in everything, is nothing short of psychotic. Most common sense people know that and are repelled by it.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Im glad you agree.

So why was the only person thrown out a "black man" ?
Actually Andrew two people were removed, and one of them happened to be White according to the article.

And yet - the McCain campaign offers nay a explanation.

If the guy was making an ass of himself, certainly that'd be the first thing the mccain campaign came forth with?

Maybe they surmised, and I might add correctly, that no matter what they said, it was going to be turned into a race issue. Which it has been.

Allow me to add:

You didnt read the whole article.

Maybe you should go read the article.

I did read the article Andrew, but apparently you didn't, since you claim he was the only reporter removed..

[edit on 5-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
Honestly Jam, you fellas are always the ones playing the race card then the minute your confronted "oh im not playing the race card! you are! Obamas muslim thats not racist! this is different!", sounds childish eh?

Just to clarify things, Islam is a religion not a race, and Muslim's are adherents of that particular religion. Contrary to popular belief, ALL Muslims are not Black, so saying it's racist is a stretch.

The point of this thread highlights the hypocrisy coming from the anti-Obamanians here, this is the exact scenario with Obama and those muslim women yet people were quick to jump to conclusions, not to give an explanation a try, yet here this happens and as typical, its swept under the rug.

Did the Obama campaign ever explain that incident? I don't remember them doing so.. If you have a link to where they did, please post it. I'd like to read it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
the black reporter was on keith olbermans show last night. and after listening to the story, it's pretty obvious this was done because he was black. keith even tried to give the mccain side the benefit of the doubt, but it became clear after the discussion, of what the intent of mccains handlers were, to keep this guy away from doing his job of reporting.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
First let me just state that Im voting for Obama.

While I personally doubt that reace was the motive of making this man leave, I could be wrong. Nothing would surprise me.

In all fairness though. Barrack Obama is guilty of a similar incident.

He made a Muslim woman move to a different seat because he didnt want her in the shot with him...

Im just trying to keep things fair and honest. Ok, im ready to recieve my beating...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join