It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain security throws out black reporter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
IMO only, the article and your post are race-baiting.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well, you are entitled to your opinion.

But do explain to me how its any different than discussing Obama's campaign staff removing muslims?

I post this as a mirror for those who complained to see how stupid and ridiculous it is.

Those women were removed BECAUSE they were muslim, and because of Obama's "history" with muslims in the public eye.

This guy was removed BECAUSE he is black, and because of McCains "history" with black people in the public eye.

Niether candidate did it themselves (that we know of) but instead their staff imposed their own form of policy and thought it'd be best to act this way.

Call it race baiting if you want. Yes, Llyod, another person was removed. After a protest.

Why wasnt that person removed at the same time? Why the pause? Why the delay? Why wait until someone complains about "the black man" getting removed, do they decide to remove a white guy?

Does it cancel it out and make it a gray ?

Again - that depends on who you talk to.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The article clearly states that the reporter who was removed was in the wrong section, that he was local press and had somehow gotten into the area designated for the national press corp traveling with McCain. Maybe his press pass was the one most visible so the security detail realized he was in the wrong section and therefore asked him to leave, maybe he was being disruptive, who knows the specifics, but it seems being asked to leave an area where you don't have access to be in is more likely the reason for him being asked to leave than the fact that he is black. If the second reporter asked to leave who was trying to defend this first reporter was a female, is anyone going to cry foul and say she was removed because of her gender, or is it mostly likely she was removed, hypothetically, because she was arguing with McCain's security detail?

This story seems to me to be an attempt to play the race card, and a sad attempt at that, since it wasn't even McCain himself who did the removing, but his security people.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xtradimensions

This story seems to me to be an attempt to play the race card, and a sad attempt at that, since it wasn't even McCain himself who did the removing, but his security people.

At the end of the day, your reporter was in the wrong place. I do not know why the other reporters were not moved. The rest of the local press should have been moved as well," Block said.
(from the article)

I'd like to emphasize : "i do not know why the other reporters were not moved"

Oh. So obviously it had nothing to do with security - else - the other reporters would've been removed.

"I explained I was with the state press, but the Secret Service man said that didn't matter and that I would have to go," Price said.

Speaks for its self.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Oh. So obviously it had nothing to do with security - else - the other reporters would've been removed.

Until we know more about why he was actually asked to leave by the security detail, we can only speculate as to the cause. I'm sure we'll be hearing more on the subject if there's any real substance to it.

"I explained I was with the state press, but the Secret Service man said that didn't matter and that I would have to go," Price said.

Speaks for its self.

So what is it telling you? From the information we have, he was in a restricted area, and was asked to leave. The specifics as to why only he was initially asked to leave are only known by the security detail that removed him at present.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

You're absolutely right. Speculation.

You speculate on your end, i'll speculate on mine.

But regardless of the outcome, our argument will end in one of two ways

I'll say the security detail is lying and it was really racially motivated, if the security detail says it wasnt "officially"

or

you'll say they're pandering to white guilt, and that McCain is throwing his supporters under the bus

Of course i make an assumption about what you'd say - i mean it loosely and in a "nutshell" kind of way.

But i think you get my drift:

When it comes to politics, and instances like these, there are no certain answers. Only the politicians know the real answers, and we're never going to get them to fess up.

Live and let live i say.

As it stands right now, and as the evidence shows its self, ti seems to me that some moron security guard thought it best to remove him because he's black.

Perhaps he's going to question the senator a littel too harshly on his attacks against obama?

Maybe that was running through his beefcake head. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Something to note is that the reporter in question is from the Tallahassee Democrat. Tallahassee is in Leon County, an hour or so east of Panama City, and basically the only BLUE county in the area.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

McCain doesn't control the secret service. Their job is to protect Obama, McCain, and Bush in the same manner. The Muslim women were ousted by Campaign Staff. Regardless I don't think Obama or McCain did anything wrong. I just don't think Obama would tell his staff to remove Muslin with head wear when he is running on change. John McCain can't tell the Secret Service how to protect him.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok OP, so are you suggesting because the reporter is black, they can't be asked to leave? As if a white reporter has never been asked to leave. Headlines are designed to fool the sheep and grab attention (snip)

Lets not imagine the many reasons for people to be thrown out, they are media and you know what kind of rats they are, but lets not do that, his skin color wasn't white so lets make this about race. (snip)

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Sheeper]

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory -- Please Review this Link

[edit on 7-8-2008 by chissler]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Andrew... I usually am impressed with your well thought out postings and was taken aback by this one, until I read the whole thread.

I get it.

This isn't a posting about how McCain is racist, It's a posting about how silly it is to single out actions by Campaign associates as potentially racist and claiming that this is evidence of the candidate's view.

Obama's people moving the Muslim women.
McCain's security detail "singling out" a black man to move away from the bus.

I will say this. There are RACIST IGNORANT POSTERS on these Obama slam threads. No doubt about it and Dronetek and the rest would be honest to acknowledge the fact before claiming that the race card is played too often by Obama supporters.

If you guys want embarrassing I can create a compilation of indisputably racist posts from the threads..the ones that the Mods haven't deleted yet. There is even clear evidence that some of the posters are likely members of white supremist groups. A critical mind would be careful not to paint all anti-obama folks with this brush and I try hard not to do that.

That said. Obama supporters like myself should be careful about calling racism where there is none, though I haven't seen this happen to the severe degree that Anti-Obama posters claim.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11 Obama supporters like myself should be careful about calling racism where there is none, though I haven't seen this happen to the severe degree that Anti-Obama posters claim.

Originally posted by maybereal11
There is even clear evidence that some of the posters are likely members of white supremist groups.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Andrew... I usually am impressed with your well thought out postings and was taken aback by this one, until I read the whole thread.

I get it.

This isn't a posting about how McCain is racist, It's a posting about how silly it is to single out actions by Campaign associates as potentially racist and claiming that this is evidence of the candidate's view.

Finally!

Someone has a synapse explosion and gets it

Thanks for your words, maybereal.

Maybe your actions will set off a chain reaction - and everyone can realize how stupid these things are?

After all - how better to show someone their ugly side, than to hold up a mirror in front of their face.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a good one for Snopes. I checked and didn't find anything about it, so I'll reserve judgment and give it a couple of days. But I seriously doubt his security detail ejected the guy based on skin color, especially right in the middle of a "racially hot" election.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

All i have to add to that is this:

Would it not have been equally as stupid for the Obama campaign people to ask the muslim women to move, based on their religion and attire?

Its "racially hot" in that sense too - though it happened.

Im not basing my OP off of McCain. Im basing it off his idiot staffers.

Both candidates have idiot staffers, and that is what i was trying to show.

I posted this at like 2 oclock in the morning - if i failed to portray that image in the OP - i apologize, but reading further down, i feel, will reveal what im saying here.

THe only people who know the real reasons are the people who kicked them out.

Do you really think they'll admit it if it was racially motivated?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

mirrior. come on Andrew. Two incomparable incidents

Muslim women- Campaign staff

Black Reporter- Secret Service

You are trying to compare an apple to an orange.

The secret service job is to protect Obama and McCain jus like they protect Bush.

The secret service is not on McCain staff. they are only there to protect him.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Just to clarify things, Islam is a religion not a race, and Muslim's are adherents of that particular religion. Contrary to popular belief, ALL Muslims are not Black, so saying it's racist is a stretch.

Yes Lloyd however the vast majority of your fellow righties here and out there view islam as a race, They'll say "once a muslim always a muslim" and would just be how they see things. Most of these heartland folk are more than happy to lump all the muslims into one group and assume they must be all the same, you go into small town Kentucky or Arkansas and you will see the way they view islam and why they vote the way they, trust me Iv seen the way some of these folks think and its very one sided.

So it doesnt matter what you think, the majority of your GOPers view islam in that manner and since ya'll were the ones making a cry over the situation with the two muslim women, I smell hypocrisy in the air with the McCain situation.

Did the Obama campaign ever explain that incident? I don't remember them doing so.. If you have a link to where they did, please post it. I'd like to read it.

Did the McCain camp get around to explaining this incident yet?
Atleast Obama apologised for something his staff did. Nobody here is putting sole blame on McCain. Do you see the point here? Its hypocrisy.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
Yes Lloyd however the vast majority of your fellow righties here and out there view islam as a race, They'll say "once a muslim always a muslim" and would just be how they see things. Most of these heartland folk are more than happy to lump all the muslims into one group and assume they must be all the same, you go into small town Kentucky or Arkansas and you will see the way they view islam and why they vote the way they, trust me Iv seen the way some of these folks think and its very one sided.
What fellow righties? I'm more of a radical centrist myself. single-mindedness describes a lot of people, not just people from Arkansas or Kentucky. Bigotry is universal.

So it doesnt matter what you think, the majority of your GOPers view islam in that manner and since ya'll were the ones making a cry over the situation with the two muslim women, I smell hypocrisy in the air with the McCain situation.
Have you taken a poll lately to back up that assertion SG? If not your painting everyone here with an awful broad brush.. the incident with the two muslim ladies was just wrong. That's all there is to it.

Did the McCain camp get around to explaining this incident yet?
Atleast Obama apologised for something his staff did. Nobody here is putting sole blame on McCain. Do you see the point here? Its hypocrisy.[edit on 5-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

That was Obama's staff that did that, and he is responsible for their actions. The Secret Service removed this guy, and it wouldn't have mattered if McCain specifically told them not to. In security matters, they have the final word, not the individual being protected.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Okay - lets look at it through your eyes.

An apple to an orange.

Guess what they have in common? They're both fruit.

This IS the same thing because they are BOTH accusations that one side uses against the other side in order to make them appear "racially unequal" but NEITHER incident involved the candidate

INSTEAD

they both involve staff under the candidate.

Non-issue?

You think a secret service agent isnt subjective to stupidity and corruption?

Ever hear of a man called JFK? Rather or not you believe in a conspiracy - it was awfully negligent for someone to have let it happen. Fast forward to today - when you have sniper rifles that can literally shoot and kill from a mile away - and it hasnt happened again?

The secret service can't afford to "learn from their mistakes" because when they make one - someone dies.

In this case - someone was just offended, big deal. I agree.

But it IS the same thing.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

they both involve staff under the candidate.

say what.......

WHO WE ARE

The United States Secret Service is a federal law enforcement agency with headquarters in Washington, D.C., and more than 150 offices throughout the United States and abroad. The Secret Service was established in 1865, solely to suppress the counterfeiting of U.S. currency. Today, the agency is mandated by Congress to carry out dual missions: protection of national and visiting foreign leaders, and criminal investigations.

www.ustreas.gov...

Ok I read the above several times but can't find where it says that the secret service is part of any campaign staff.

Andrew, I see what you are trying to do. If McCain staff had thrown out the reporter then I would be defending you. But you can't say that the secret service is a part of McCain staff and equate it to what happened to the Muslim women.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
(snip) deep down you know this incident didn't have anything to do with race, you know they had their reasons. And you did intend to smear and race bait. Oh, but now you want to come back on what you initially set out to do which was to accuse these people of racism, now you want to twist your own words to make it seem like you were making some point, because your the better guy. (snip)

"I guess Black people are just that scary though, huh?" -YOU!

(snip) This has no logical comparison to the Obama staff asking the muslims to move. KNOW WHY? Because they asked them to move BECAUSE they were muslim. McCains S.S. didn't make him leave the area because he was black, he just WAS black. Should race even be a factor for who they are allowed to kick out? NO!

(snip)

Mod Edit: Courtesy is Mandatory -- Please Review this Link

[edit on 7-8-2008 by chissler]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join