It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that the 9-11 commemorative $20 bill is incredibly tasteless? Maybe you've seen the commercial. I see it all the time, and it annoys me to no end. Why would anyone want to help somebody profit off of 9-11?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
Am I the only one who thinks that the 9-11 commemorative $20 bill is incredibly tasteless? Maybe you've seen the commercial. I see it all the time, and it annoys me to no end. Why would anyone want to help somebody profit off of 9-11?

it doesnt freak me out much, but the one thing that catches my eyes is the date

is 2001-2008, why does it end at 2008, i know 7 years but why 7?

what is the significance of that?

and honestly we dont know if someone is making these who had someone they know die from there and is mauybe anonymously helping out in someway

although a big chance that isnt happening, it could be plausible

[edit on 4-8-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No, I haven't seen that commercial as I watch very little television.

It does sound tasteless. Greed has no conscious.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Yeah, if it was going to the families of the victims of 9-11, I'd have a totally different opinion of it. I haven't heard that in the commercial, though. Next time I see it I'll see if I notice that somewhere.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

well its not backed by anyone, esp federal reserve, its worth 20$ but really does it have any value or just commerative?

when is this so called freedom tower supposed to take effect?

ive seen cgi of it, looks cool but is anything at ground zero going on? or is it just there so people can keep remembering the fear that is constantly shoved down their throats?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

That's a very good question. I've wondered that myself.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It is very tacky. What is the supposed link to make them appropriate?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Here ya go!

www.911twenty.com...

Government Authorized Non-circulating Liberian legal tender

Liberian legal tender?

Also has a nice disclaimer at the end saying it is not affiliated with the US Mint or US Govt.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Yeah, and I found this off WikiAnswers...

Is Liberian Legal Tender worth anything in US?

Currently, the Liberian Dollar is at 57:1 against the US Dollar. So, that crappy, foil covered $20 note, those hucksters at the National Collector's Mint are trying to pawn off, are worth about 31 cents, and you have to go to Liberia to cash it in. Nice. One could argue that the subject note should be worth its weight in silver which is approximately $18 per ounce (as of July 08)... unfortunately, they don't tell you how much it weighs. Furthermore, they state it is "struck in pure silver leaf" which seems to imply that it isn't solid silver, but silver-coated. Truly a fine specimen of dishonest and misleading advertising.

wiki.answers.com...

[edit on 8/4/2008 by DarthChrisious]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Pure tastless in my option, like ruddies 287 million dollar a year terrorist consulting company. a start up mind you. anyone smell the vapors of 911
victims money evaporating or is it just me... that smells limberer here.
and bushes comments, if human ok, he is bush but what by chance....
Bush is an Alien, then his threat that it might come in the form of a mushroom cloud, brings out new meanings as to threats - you are either for us or against us... brings chills down my spine if these people are not human... wweeiirrdd thought... huh... sorry off target, I promise it will happen again.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is one instance in a long line of many in which profit was or is being made at the expense of 911 victims and their families... for beginners lets start with the scrap metal from all the structures...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Dude I was considering starting a thread about this. Yes I do agree, incredibly tasteless.Completely disgusting.

top topics

join