It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the 10,000 Lakes Festival a PsyOp?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just thought I'd get your take on something that happened to me recently.

About a week ago (give or take) I decided to head over to the 10K Lakes Festival, which is about 45 minutes from where I live. I got a one day pass at the "gate" and went pretty much just to see some specific bands that I like, that were playing that day.

What you need to understand about "10K" is that it is supposed to be a gathering of people who consider themselves to be "outsiders" at least as far as the mainstream goes. What I found interesting though, is that no one at this festival or any really, that I've been to- is educated on or much less interested in learning about, what's going on in "the real world" (behind the scenes, or basically- what's talked about here). And while rampant drug use is considered normal by those 'running the operation' it seems that intellectual discourse is no where to be seen.

While this in itself makes one wonder, that is only the beginning. Since this was my first time at 10K I really had no idea what to expect, so I was trying to be extra 'observent' of the whole cherade. The first "headliner" band that played was Wookiefoot, and during the middle of the performance, while the 'psychedelic' type music is playing (and immediately after they'd just been singing over and over again "Ya just gotta smile" or something along those lines)- the lead singer says something that shocked me. He said "You know- we've got people on the right talking about terrorism, and getting everyone worked up, and we've got people on the left paranoid about the illuminati[...]we just gotta smile"
That's pretty insane, considering I didn't hear one person at this thing mention the Illuminati, and my guess is that most there didn't know anything about it. Then I started to think about how mass manipulation is applied and thought, 'Is there a reason that they just put the words "paranoid" and "illuminati" together, while at the same time presenting these words within the false left-right paradigm?' Well "Maybe, they just over heard a fan or two on the road mention the Illuminati, and they're just ignorant" was my 'trying not to be paranoid' thought response.

Later I notice that on this big metal, "field goal" looking thing, there is a flag hanging with a Skull and cross bones. Hmmm? Immediately I thought of the CIA/Skull and Bones connection we all know so much about. And at this point, I'm becoming more and more convinced this is a PsyOp, but I'm not totally convinced.

Then comes the strangest part of the night. The final performer comes on, which is the Flaming Lips. "alright" I think "these guys are good, this should be somewhat entertaining, even if this is a psyOp." Suddenly I notice that they start 'projecting' images onto a screen behind them on the stage. And what was the main image on the screen my friends? A god damned triangle, with all sorts of other occult looking symbols and shapes around it, as well as a circle inside of it. Now I'm freaking out a little bit-

So I start talking to my girlfriend about this (she's thinking the same thing) and I say- "Ya know, I wonder if we aren't really living in a sort of Orwellian state, where the whole operation is just much more covert than in 1984. I wonder if this whole thing is a PsyOp.." etc. etc. As I'm saying this- I notice that people are walking by and kind of giving me weird looks, so I say to her "Maybe I should cool it a little, it looks like I'm freaking people out or something.." Now almost as if on cue- someone suddenly grabs my shoulders, I turn around and see a security guy, and he waves to another security person and says to her, "Hey let's get a Staff Photo over here." My girlfriend protests "we really don't want a photo!" The guy holding my shoulders doesn't seem to hear and they take a photo anyway. The girl then says to the guy next to me, "We got a good one" and they walk off together in the other direction"

We left immediately

[edit on 4-8-2008 by TRUTHequalsFREEDOM]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
haha I dont know man I have been to 10KLF the last to years. 10K can be kinda crazy your 1st time but I think you have the outlook all wrong.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TRUTHequalsFREEDOM

So what do you think? Am I just being paranoid errr is there something to this? I wouldn't mind hearing the opinion of someone else who was there, or who knows anything about the CIA and their involvement (or not) in these 'music festivals.'

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
So, what happens here:

-ufos

-aliens

-ghosts

-demons

-wormholes

-angels

-zombies

-weird lights

-strange mists

-mind control

-blobs

-chubacabras

-Bigfoot

-swamp gas

-the Thunderbird

-etc

...are "normal" things.

Dude, this place is a nuthouse. If the people you are running into aren't interested in this kind of thing I say they're perfectly fine. They've got their own interests and pursuits which change as one ages.

A huge government conspiracy? About as much as "OzFest" or the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this turned out to have a shred of truth to it.

last new years eve I saw the mars volta in San Francisco.

Ill admit that I was on mushrooms, but anybody that knows anything about mushrooms knows whats up, and I had a vision. That concerts like this( mars volta is hella psychedelic and has symbolism of the illuminati/psychic development/freethinking) the content can take on a double entendre.

A double entendre because ''the people on the right'' will be controlled by their thoughts, and the people who are ''aware'' will obviously see the symbolism and draw vague conclusions that mind control is going on all over the place.

Mind control can be associative.

At the Volta show, while I was shrooming, I had a vision that the frequencies were affecting the crowds brains. Affecting them that in such a way, that they became hypnotized with preprogrammed conditioning packets to fill their minds with what they(cia) wanted.

A lot of people have misconceptions from hollywood about cia agents.

Thinking that it is actually like the movies and that there is something 007ish about a cia agent, but let me tell you that they come in ALL shapes and sizes.

The cia is also very compartmentalized so that one agent is not fully aware of what another is up to, and each one plays their own role in the big scheme of things.

To think that there aren't people out there scheming against free thinkers is to be willfully ignorant. The evidence is monumental. But there is no reason to be paranoid about it.

There is no reason to fear them, because ultimately, fear is what keeps them in power.

The few need the many to operate. This system is like a house of cards.

I believe that the illuminati's power is perceived, and as long as people perceive them as having power over them, they will retain that power.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

pretty much 90 percent of the people at this show were on some kind of psychedelic drug...myself included...if you couldn't hang I think this # could be mind control..

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I never really thought about this before, but this could have been an opportunity for someone to scan the crowd with facial recognition software or some other advanced biometric technology. Probably looking for deviants in the crowd and such.

I believe the most notable instance of this was when they scanned the fans at an NFL game looking for criminals.

Great way to gather together people of similar interests and look for agitators and criminals and such.

An elegant way to summon a crowd.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeinTX

So, what happens here:

-ufos

-aliens

-ghosts

-demons

-wormholes

-angels

-zombies

-weird lights

-strange mists

-mind control

-blobs

-chubacabras

-Bigfoot

-swamp gas

-the Thunderbird

-etc

...are "normal" things.

Dude, this place is a nuthouse. If the people you are running into aren't interested in this kind of thing I say they're perfectly fine. They've got their own interests and pursuits which change as one ages.

A huge government conspiracy? About as much as "OzFest" or the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

That's all the evidence I needed to believe you, TRUTHequalsFREEDOM. This quoted post's timely appearance is as eerie as the security guards picking you out of a crowd of thousands to take pictures of your "faces" (probably for big-brother purposes). Is it a coincidence that by using the word "PsyOp" in the event that you got your unwanted attention?

I'm writing-in Ron Paul, and if he doesn't win, I'm taking my guns out of the cabinet. I've definitely had enough of this kind of stuff.

~dnb~

i'll see you all on the other side.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dnbaudio

My reply was suddenly selected and erased without my personal intervention! And, as I rewrite this, I'm having static problems on my TV! I am posting with FERVOR, now!

I am suddenly VERY AWARE of the Foo Fighter's "Pretender" video.

Could the "powers-that-be" be giving money to these 10K bands to play along with their games ("experiments"). Or, could they be threatening these bands to play along or be killed, or property-seized, or drug-busted, or taxed into poverty?

I believe that our beloved Dave G. is trying to tell us something, without making it obvious. Why would FF suddenly create a VEHEMENT political video?

GAME ON!!! Make your move, satan!

~dnb~

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
As an avid goer of these music festivals...I have plenty to say in reply to this..but first...what do you mean by PsyOp?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
what I find strange...is that you went to a HIPPY type gathering/concert......and expected to have intellectual discussions on UFO's? and you were bothered by the rampant dope smoking?
ummmmmmmmmm
To me...that screams of delusion.

Your sure barking up the wrong tree and then blaming the tree

Here is 4 wasted minutes of my life I can't get back.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Once got hammered and fell asleep in an orangutan suit near a bog at Moon Dance Jam. Green sky, stars, shaman like predictions were made via magic mushrooms; all came true, but the timing was a tad skewed. If the CIA wanted to drug bust people at 10k, they would. Perhaps they’re picking brains, they need to know the future too.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by sexysadie]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I go to many many of these festivals- I am still incredibly intelligent and thoughtful on UFOs/conspiracies, etc. I know my fair share of kids who have no idea that any of this exists because they are so deep in the drug culture- but with use of acid and shrooms (with the right brain settings) you discover many things. When I trip- i learn new things about the universe. I figure things out...as do MANY people. MANY of the musicians who play these festivals also know/realize/are aware...(MICHAEL FRANTI!!!!!) but I would not doubt that there are plenty of forces taking advantage at places like this... if you're interested in my witch story...just let me know.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeinTX

Well those weren't really the things I was referring to... I meant more along the lines of -

*CIA Mind Control
*The Fascist State we're living in
*Incredible Advances in Facial recognition, and voice (key word) recognition
*The New World Order agenda

etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by creeptree
I go to many many of these festivals- I am still incredibly intelligent and thoughtful on UFOs/conspiracies, etc. I know my fair share of kids who have no idea that any of this exists because they are so deep in the drug culture- but with use of acid and shrooms (with the right brain settings) you discover many things. When I trip- i learn new things about the universe. I figure things out...as do MANY people. MANY of the musicians who play these festivals also know/realize/are aware...(MICHAEL FRANTI!!!!!) but I would not doubt that there are plenty of forces taking advantage at places like this... if you're interested in my witch story...just let me know.

Right, I do understand that. I actually was thinking that a lot of these musicians are "aware" to some extent, or at least had some "feeling" about what's (possibly) going on. But as you said, there are forces- and they are behind the scenes, and they know how to watch/observe/take notes without overtly interfering (i.e. letting anyone know they're there) and still do their part to "manipulate".

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
[edit on 6-8-2008 by TRUTHequalsFREEDOM]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
what I find strange...is that you went to a HIPPY type gathering/concert......and expected to have intellectual discussions on UFO's? and you were bothered by the rampant dope smoking?
ummmmmmmmmm
To me...that screams of delusion.

Your sure barking up the wrong tree and then blaming the tree

Here is 4 wasted minutes of my life I can't get back.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

Haha, Well I wasn't even thinking of "UFO's" persay. Like I said in the above post to JoeINTexas, I was referring to some of the major things taking place right now on the global 'GeoPolitical' scale. (not sure if that's the right term)... But I guess with how much "bull#" is going on, or is pending (North American Union, Martial Law/Police State, FEMA/CIA Concentration Camps, etc.) I was just surprised that there was almost NO DISCUSSION (that I picked up, or noticed myself) about this stuff.

Don't get me wrong here, I think drug use (marijuana, magic mushrooms, '___', '___', etc.) can break down some of the mental barriers that keep us from certain levels of 'consciousness' or awareness (whatever you want to call it) but when those drugs are taken and higher thought is not encouraged by the environment or the people around you, you're more likely to just "zone out" or whatever. My two cents anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnbaudio

My reply was suddenly selected and erased without my personal intervention! And, as I rewrite this, I'm having static problems on my TV! I am posting with FERVOR, now!

I am suddenly VERY AWARE of the Foo Fighter's "Pretender" video.

Could the "powers-that-be" be giving money to these 10K bands to play along with their games ("experiments"). Or, could they be threatening these bands to play along or be killed, or property-seized, or drug-busted, or taxed into poverty?

I believe that our beloved Dave G. is trying to tell us something, without making it obvious. Why would FF suddenly create a VEHEMENT political video?

GAME ON!!! Make your move, satan!

~dnb~

Wow, I didn't appreciate the LYRICS of this song until you mentioned that. I never actually looked them up and listened to the song at the same time. I definitely, DEFINTELY think Dave is trying to say something, and we know exactly what that is... Wow. This song just moved up above a hundred places on my list..

new topics

top topics

join