It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does obama's race affect how you feel about him?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

I am voting for Obama. No, race is not a factor in it for me at all. Though I do think it will be cool to be around for the first black president (probably a result of my love for Star Trek).

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just wanted to add a quick quote to this topic..

"a drowning man doesn't care what color the person is who throws him a life preserver."

Ed Rendell

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Race has something to do with it for me. That is due only to his "hate whitey" ties in his past. Had Colin Powell or Condoleeza Rice ran I'd vote for them. But mostly, WORLD OPINION is what does it for me.

Anyone who takes an interest in reading about Obama; from his own books, media reports, interviews with past associates (you have to really dig but there are a few!) knows that while he SAYS he is Christian, he is probably Muslim in his core beliefs. He used to be called "Barry" until he came back from a trip to Kenya (if I remember right) when he started to refer to himself as Barack again.

World opinion of the US if Obama is elected IMO would amount to this:

"Look at the stupid USA. They get attacked by Radical Islam and fight wars against Radical Islam, but, they elect a Muslim for their President
"

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer

"a drowning man doesn't care what color the person is who throws him a life preserver."

Ed Rendell

And it really doesn't matter what color the person who threw him into the river was either. Unless the drowning man is black and the person who threw him was white. THEN its a Hate Crime.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

Ed Rendell

And it really doesn't matter what color the person who threw him into the river was either. Unless the drowning man is black and the person who threw him was white. THEN its a Hate Crime.

Wow. Just Wow. That's just an ignorant statement that doesn't merit a comment.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Race has something to do with it for me. That is due only to his "hate whitey" ties in his past. Had Colin Powell or Condoleeza Rice ran I'd vote for them. But mostly, WORLD OPINION is what does it for me.

Anyone who takes an interest in reading about Obama; from his own books, media reports, interviews with past associates (you have to really dig but there are a few!) knows that while he SAYS he is Christian, he is probably Muslim in his core beliefs. He used to be called "Barry" until he came back from a trip to Kenya (if I remember right) when he started to refer to himself as Barack again.

World opinion of the US if Obama is elected IMO would amount to this:

"Look at the stupid USA. They get attacked by Radical Islam and fight wars against Radical Islam, but, they elect a Muslim for their President
"

Ok, so let me sum up the main points I got from your argument.

1. He is a Muslim. Even though he states he isn't and has been going to a christian church. I mean what a devoted Muslim

2. He hates his Mother, grandmother and the rest of white people in the world. Mind you, this is a man that was in the womb of a white woman for 9 months then raised by a white family for 20+ years of his life

3. You think the worlds opinion would be, and i quote
"

You silly silly person. Where have you been. Don't you read or Watch TV. The rest of the World wants Obama to win. They don't think he's a Muslim and even if they did WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING A MUSLIM. Remember that Phrase, Separate Church from State

You know, I don't like calling people a racist but I think you are walking on that line and I beg of you to look at Obama a little more. Being a devoted Muslim is something that is serious. A Muslim would not be going to a Christian church all his/her life and surround themselves with christian minded people. Think about it. Obama is half white, I assume you are white yourself. He shares the same pigment as you. His mother is white and raised by white people. Please just think before you post. I don't care who you vote for but lets please stop with this nonsense.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomerWow. Just Wow. That's just an ignorant statement that doesn't merit a comment.

Oh really? Google "hate crime" and see what it pulls up!

In the multitude of "white on black" hate crimes please see if you can find even ONE "black on white" hate crime that led to charges okay?

And when you cannot find any please explain why the black on white crime ratio is SEVERAL times higher than the reverse, and yet they are NEVER designated as hate crimes!

It's all about denying ignorance! So post your facts and educate us! Save us from the pit of ignorance by enlightening us with true statistics and links.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by walkinghomerWow. Just Wow. That's just an ignorant statement that doesn't merit a comment.

In the multitude of "white on black" hate crimes please see if you can find even ONE "black on white" hate crime that led to charges okay?

And when you cannot find any please explain why the black on white crime ratio is SEVERAL times higher than the reverse, and yet they are NEVER designated as hate crimes!

It's all about denying ignorance! So post your facts and educate us! Save us from the pit of ignorance by enlightening us with true statistics and links.

Ok, here are a couple.

Black Children Convicted in Hate Crime Against White Women

240 Years FOR SAVAGE EAST VILLAGE RACE ATTACK

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

YUP your from GEORGIA alright, you folks are more closeted then here in WV.

Ya answered yes to the main article I suppose.

Look if the crime is done because of color or race it is in hate.

The black folks just want money usually... Not to hang you by the neck or scrape of your color off on the gravel.

I ain't seen color since I was two! But I can smell a racist through a fiber optic cable
and some of you stink like the water closet.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Are you a red, red dixie folk?

thats a hard case if so... I have some red in me and those kin are hard up in knots.
Sounds like you vote for your toe and offer your face in return.

The good ole boys and their yank friends kill your people (mine to I guess)
and you vote for the hand that hates you.

I know your kind real well, lincoln freed the slaves and he was a republican, Martin Luther king was a republican... Its the saddest and funniest thing on gods good earth.
Your just like my kin folk.

I hope you won't wash your kids you might bring with your crazyness back spun hate. Maybe they will stand a chance. The GOP ain't thee grand ole party - its been 40 years
since the dixiecrats walked out.

Your voting for the dixiecrats and pretending your not.

RUSH RED REDS FOR SELF INFLICTED GUNSHOT WOUNDS TO THEE WALLET!

God bless ya!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Black Children Convicted in Hate Crime Against White Women

240 Years FOR SAVAGE EAST VILLAGE RACE ATTACK

Okay I give you credit, I am impressed that you were able to find ANY even though many crimes definitely fit the bill. I followed both of those stories when they originally came out, I was always surprised the second story didn't get more coverage.

www.loompanics.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The only racial aspect I personally have a problem with, in regards to Senator Obama, is the fact that one minute he talks about being raised by White Grandparents on a Farm in Kansas, or by a White Single Mom, while his Black African father had obviously left him. Then the next moment he calls the very same "loving" Grandparents who raised him "Racists", and completely praises his Black African dad and his African roots. He tries to be Whiter than White, and Blacker than Black. He simply knows no bounds in regards to his attempts at garnering support from everywhere. He promises everything, of which he could never deliver anymore than 50%, and he makes Race an issue as often as possible to gain support from all aspects of American Society.

He was the FIRST person to bring up Race during the entire Campaign, with his ignorant comments about the Paper Currency. Then also, that sly little comment about: "I can no more disown him (Reverend Jeremiah Wright) than I can my White Grandmother". Seriously, that comment just rings of a deeper implied meaning, and one which is not positive. Why could he no more disown Reverend Wright than he could disown the Father he never really knew? Why was his initial instinct to inject race? I feel that Senator Obama has done nothing but create an even greater Racial Rift in this Nation, through his obvious Chicago Radical Political Creation. Even Jesse Jackson, a Dr. King protege and true Civil Rights icon, despises Senator Obama's arrogance and naivety.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join