It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does obama's race affect how you feel about him?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Yes, just like lawyers care about Americans also.

The senator from Illinois also has taken in $18.8 million from lawyers and law firms, according to estimates from the Center for Responsive Politics, and some of those firms employ lobbyists for special interest clients. Video Watch where Obama's money comes from »

"People who are not directly registered as lobbyists but perhaps working for a company, maybe working for a company in a capacity that's tangentially related to the government affairs, can give money," said Lisa Lerer, who covers lobbying for Politico.

source

He says he doesn't take money from lobbyist, But he doesn't tell you how he defines lobbyist.

I didn't have sex with that woman.
I didn't take money from lobbyist.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just the simple fact that over 90% of the black vote will go to Osama I will be voting for McCain. Its not so much a race issue as much as a cultural issue. Blacks control every inner city in America and they are all crime zones unrivaled in the civilized world. He runs as a black man and I can't support that culture running a small city let alone a nation...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Specificially this part:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Once again, let us please show a little more civility and decorum. There is no need to paint racial stereotypes.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
His voting record and his stance on subjects that affect my life and his associations with known thugs and wright and his flip flopping on all the subjects he took a hard left stance to start with are far more important to me than the color of his skin. As a native american most of the people I look up to and I truly believe in has skin darker than mine but its not their skin color that makes them the men they are. If skin color plays into your mind in wether or not to vote for him for president than I think its time you took a long look at yourself and decide wether or not you want to seek out why color affects you. I dont and wont call racist, plenty of people are affected by other races by many factors, thier enviroment, social taboos, how that race has been represented on tv, etc etc. Its up to you to become informed and understand a human of any color is just like yourself. The love, the feel pain, they can get their feeling hurt, they have ambitions and hopes. I am not a peace junky, all I am saying is a man is more than just the color of his skin and we all need to get to a place where we can evaluate a man on his actions, or non actions, evaluate him as a person not a color!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

Im not sure where you got your info, but did you know that only about 3 percent of the black inner city population of major cities vote, or at least that was the record last election. Rasmussen also doesn't expect or hasn't seen a poll that shows that any more or less well come out for this race. People have been banished to inner cities because of poverty, its a disease that is passed from parent to child. There hope of having anything other than whats in front of them is almost unperceivable to them. Your willing to damn the whole "inner city black" because you have pinned them all as criminals. I want you to first understand that poverty is a huge hurtle to get over when you don't have a proper education or family that can help you. Yes some turn to crime to survive but many are struggling to raise families in this area. You cannot blame them for looking to Obama as a savior, those people for the first time have reason to believe there may be someone in power that will try to help them, if its because of color or race than so be it. Vote the way you want but don't base your reasoning on voting that way because you think Obama will bring inner city crime to your small town. Everyone needs hope and I sadly say that I don't believe Obama will do a thing for inner city poverty if he becomes president. He has used many people on his way up and when their usefulness has ran out they get the boot. I don't see anyway inner city people can help his career so I feel once again they will be scorned and forgotten.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

Well I have to say culture does play into my decision. Black culture has destroyed the city I live close to and that is Detroit. The current Mayor is a thug, thief and a liar and has done more to set this city back than any mayor in history. He has the gansta mentality and the gansta look and the entire city keeps voting him in.

Its the same in every inner city in America and until we get a black leader that will run on a platform of non-entitlement for the inner city culture that has been displayed for the last 60 years I will not vote for him or her. Osama will hand out entitlements and continue to encourage that lifestyle. I just can't support that or any other black leader that won't take a firm stand against what black culture is doing to the once great inner cities of America.

So yes, I am voting against black culture leading America...

I am not sure in the eyes of the "Mods" if that makes me uncivil or racist but its no worse than the redneck comments or those that will vote for him just because he is black. I suspect those comments are more politically correct and therefor acceptable though...

Edit to add: A Bill Cosby type is who I would vote for. Not necessarily Bill himself as I know nothing about is stance on other issues but he does call it like I see it. For some reason I am called a racist for it and he is called an Uncle Tom. So go figure. I am not a racist by any stretch but I am a realist and Osama doesn't cut it for me.

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There are stereotypes and there are well documented facts. Would it be a stereotype to say most congressmen are white? Or is that a fact?

The poster that commented on the demograhics of the most violent cities, that is also well documented fact.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It really doesn't matter to me, I feel you have good intentions but the way you state your case does make you a racist in my eyes. You can be a black racist a native racist, a racist can be any color. I don't normally pull the racist card out but to blatantly say your against black politics leaves me no choice. There are tons of New black leaders, young aggressive black leaders that have great potential.
www.larryelder.com...
Mr. Elder is a man of morality and a person I look up too. He would make a great leader, even a president. Larry is just the tip of the iceberg, there are tons of great young black republicans that are up and coming, they have seen the old corrupt ways of men like Jessie Jackson and have said that is not us. So your belief in black politics, in my opinion, need to be revised.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

Im not sure where you got your info, but did you know that only about 3 percent of the black inner city population of major cities vote, or at least that was the record last election. Rasmussen also doesn't expect or hasn't seen a poll that shows that any more or less well come out for this race. People have been banished to inner cities because of poverty, its a disease that is passed from parent to child. There hope of having anything other than whats in front of them is almost unperceivable to them. Your willing to damn the whole "inner city black" because you have pinned them all as criminals. I want you to first understand that poverty is a huge hurtle to get over when you don't have a proper education or family that can help you. Yes some turn to crime to survive but many are struggling to raise families in this area. You cannot blame them for looking to Obama as a savior, those people for the first time have reason to believe there may be someone in power that will try to help them, if its because of color or race than so be it. Vote the way you want but don't base your reasoning on voting that way because you think Obama will bring inner city crime to your small town. Everyone needs hope and I sadly say that I don't believe Obama will do a thing for inner city poverty if he becomes president. He has used many people on his way up and when their usefulness has ran out they get the boot. I don't see anyway inner city people can help his career so I feel once again they will be scorned and forgotten.

So what is the solution? I say that culture can hope all they want but you can hope in one had and **** in the other and you get just about the same if you don't PERSONALLY do anything about it...

I do damn the inner city culture at least here in Detroit. They keep voting for the same thing over and over and over again. They have no concept of good government or family. The whole city from the school system to sanitation is all fouled up. That is not just a poverty thing. That is lazy, incompetent and down right uncivil.

Here is a good example of what I am talking about. We had a World Series, we hosted an All Star Game and Super Bowl all in the span of a few years. We just recently won a Stanley Cup but that really doesn't count on the world stage so to speak.

We had billions with a B poured into Detroit and our Mayor just screwed it all up. We have nothing to show for all the good will we could have gotten out of that. What happened? The mayor gets caught in scandal after scandal and the people of the city keep voting him back in.

My point here is how often do you get a triple play like that in one city and how ignorant do you have to be not to capitalize on that? What would Rudy have done if he had that in New York?

You know when the mayor went to the celebration the crowd was all white faces including mine. You know what happened? He was booed loudly and clearly. He screwed this region for many years to come and his "people" keep putting him back in. That's not poverty. That's ignorant, spitefully and down right uncivilized....

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I dont care about skin color..I have just noticed that Obama flip flops morfe than a fish out of water...kinda like John Kerry did...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

What are the precentage of white americans as opposed to minorities. Lets exclude illegal aliens. Then I do believe the percentages are in order.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienjMr. Elder is a man of morality and a person I look up too. So your belief in black politics, in my opinion, need to be revised.

Larry Elders from what I have read does not believe in "keeping it real". Do you honestly think a Larry Elders would get 90% of the black vote? He would depend on the non-black vote to win, and he would probably be trashed quite badly by various famous black individuals.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

It really doesn't matter to me, I feel you have good intentions but the way you state your case does make you a racist in my eyes. You can be a black racist a native racist, a racist can be any color. I don't normally pull the racist card out but to blatantly say your against black politics leaves me no choice. There are tons of New black leaders, young aggressive black leaders that have great potential.

So does that mean that Bill Cosby is a racist? I think EXACTLY the way he does. I just don't think you like my delivery. I don't couch my responses in terms that are politically correct and that is the real issue here. Bill Cosby can't stand what the black culture is doing to inner city America and I can't either. Again, I am not a racist. I am a realist that understands that being PC is destroying this country.

Even here a truly honest opinion is labeled as racist or uncivil but calling someone a redneck is ok? I really don't find the redneck comments offensive at all. I have no idea what a redneck really is. They are all over the map with that one.

What I do find offensive is that voting for someone just because he is black is a cool opinion to have but to have even the perception of the reverse is not? That is the very definition of immoral. Is not voting for someone just because they are black a racist point of view?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The mayor is only one man, that is why we are a republic. If people hate him that much then I am sure votes would reflect it in the next election. Dont use one person to use as a poster child for a whole culture. You said it yourself, Rudy was able to clean up New York City. The inner city there was probably one of the worst. However I dont believe Rudy looked at it as a racial problem but as a City as a whole problem. That is what a leader does, a leader does not use devicive issues to try and push problems one way or the other. I feel your trying to blame blacks somehow for the inner city problems, am i right or wrong?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slothrop

whom are you supporting in the presidential election and does obama's race play a factor?

Im supporting McCain, although he is not my orginal choice- I can not vote for a Democrat- the're values are not mine.

Race: I do not care if you are Purple and from Mars.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The mayor is only one man, that is why we are a republic. If people hate him that much then I am sure votes would reflect it in the next election. Dont use one person to use as a poster child for a whole culture. You said it yourself, Rudy was able to clean up New York City. The inner city there was probably one of the worst. However I dont believe Rudy looked at it as a racial problem but as a City as a whole problem. That is what a leader does, a leader does not use devicive issues to try and push problems one way or the other. I feel your trying to blame blacks somehow for the inner city problems, am i right or wrong?

You don't get an All Star Game, A Super Bowl and a World Series every year. Do you have any idea what Detroit could be like now? They are spiteful, uncivilized and ignorant. They do it and then blame white flight for their ignorance?

Its not just one man. Its the entire city that is doing it. They put a leader in office that represents EXACTLY what they are. Culturally bankrupt. This is not a racist point of view. This is a fact of life here in Detroit. Its the same in most inner cities in America and that is what Osama represents. More of the same culturally bankrupt policies that keeps the cycle going....

Edit to add: Yes, I am blaming black culture for inner city problems. Who else is living there? Whos fault is it in your opinion?

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yes but every reply before this one was about black leadership in Detroit. I agree with you, your city had a windfall. City's should be accountable. When was the last time you went to a city council meeting? And if you have been to them how many? Griping is easy getting involved is much harder. Like I said before if the mayor or his council is responsible for such a theft of a city budget then they will be held accountable in an election. Mob elections are a thing of the past, although alot of money can get you voted in our out. Which is very sad state for our country.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
No. I will vote for the candidate who aligns most closely with the issues that resonate with me and whose beliefs are closest to my salient beliefs. If that man or woman is black then I wouldn't hesitate to vote for a black candidate, just as I wouldn't hesitate to vote for a Latino Candidate, or an Asian Candidate.

Issues, beliefs, experience, ethical and moral considerations are much more important than the color of one's skin.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yes but every reply before this one was about black leadership in Detroit. I agree with you, your city had a windfall. City's should be accountable. When was the last time you went to a city council meeting? And if you have been to them how many? Griping is easy getting involved is much harder. Like I said before if the mayor or his council is responsible for such a theft of a city budget then they will be held accountable in an election. Mob elections are a thing of the past, although alot of money can get you voted in our out. Which is very sad state for our country.

I don't live in Detroit. I don't go to their meetings. That is their town now not mine. They will not be held accountable. It has happened before and it is still happening and they keep electing him. Why should I go to a council meeting when we know what will happen? Have you ever seen a Detroit city council meeting in action? Did you hear about the recent one about Shrek? I would be run out like a red headed step child.

The mayor is now up on charges of assaulting a sheriff and the people are not outraged enough to march on city hall but they will symbolically bury the N word or travel 1000 miles to support the Jena 6.

So again who's fault is this nightmare we call inner city America? We left and they are still blaming us? This is why I will not vote for Osama. He encourages stuff like this. He has not said one word about our Mayor and he has been here a few times. He should be telling KK to get out of town if he was a real man of the people.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Then why in namesake are we discussing inner city politics of Detroit and turning the issue this thread is about into a thread about one mayor in one city. This has gotten way off topic

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join