It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Unloading WMD Into Syria.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

as quoted by Jakomo
Reality Check #4: Saddam has been incarcerated for a few months now. NO news of WMD. Do you think the CIA isn't pulling out ALL the stops interrogating him? Do you think he would have told them EVERYTHING he
knew already?

Care to explain this away also Jak?

Suspected chemical warhead found in Kirkuk
Caption on photoChemical Warhead found in Kirkuk: Chemical warhead found at an Iraqi air base, marked with a green band,
the symbol for chemical weaponry. Trace amounts of a nerve agent were found
at two spots along the ~meter-long warhead. These amounts are consistent with
leakage from the chemically armed weapon. A 13-foot missile was found next to it.

Seems to go hand in hand with what the Colonel said?
Iraqi Colonel: WMD Could've Been Launched in 45 Minutes

Care to debunk these reports also Jak?
Deadly chemicals are found dumped in river
Marines reportedly find cyanide, mustard agents in Euphrates
U.S. tests for possible chemical weapons

NPR said the rockets, BM-21 missiles, were equipped with sarin and mustard gas and were �ready to fire."

Didn't have any Jak? Dr. Kay can't find suffecient evidences? I guess I can see why know, eh?

Care to explain the above?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ahh, the skillful Arabian interrogation apparatus has been busy again:
Qaeda-linked chemical attack in Jordan could have killed 80,000: officials
'CONFESSIONS' OF CHEMICAL ATTACKERS AIRED

Jordanian television has broadcast what it says are confessions by captured militants tied to al Qaeda who said they planned to launch a chemical attack against intelligence officials.

Security officials said the plan involving trucks loaded with 20 tons of explosives that could have killed 80,000 people.

Pictures were aired claiming to show the chemicals the terrorists were planning to make explosives with, as well as trucks which were going to be used in a suicide attack against the General Intelligence Department.

Authorities had already reported the plot earlier this month but the confessions shown on a prime time broadcast provided further details of the planned attacks.

The militants, who included Syrians, said they were ordered by Abu Musab al Zarqawi, accused by Washington of being a top al Qaeda supporter, to attack targets that included the heavily fortified US embassy and intelligence headquarters.

seekerof

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Seeker: "Care to explain this away also Jak?

Suspected chemical warhead found in Kirkuk "

Um, yeah, it's ONE FRICKIN WARHEAD! "Traces of nerve agent". Nice smoking gun. THEY DID HAVE ONE WMD! HA!

Also, every single article you reference is from 2003 and HAS BEEN DE-BUNKED, you just didn't bother to check that out.

"Didn't have any Jak? Dr. Kay can't find suffecient evidences? I guess I can see why know, eh?
Care to explain the above? "

Oh I see, let's trust the media in the lead-up to the war rather than the INVESTIGATORS after the war. Lame lame lame, you can do better, Seeker.

There are no WMDs in Iraq and there haven't been for some time (as in years). Accept it or not, it's the truth and it's what's been PROVEN to be true.

So far, since no WMDs of any kind have been found, it is logical to believe that there were in fact none left to begin with.

It's NOT logical to believe that they are still there, because of the half-life of many of these things and also the sheer scale of the searches all over the country.

Accept it.

jako

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
But wait Jak....you said...hold on, let me quote you:

He had NO WMD left!

I also see how you "logically" side-step those verified reports of those chemicals being dumped in the Euphrates River? Whats up?

Keep asserting.....k?

There are no WMDs in Iraq...

seekerof

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Ahh, the skillful Arabian interrogation apparatus has been busy again:
Qaeda-linked chemical attack in Jordan could have killed 80,000: officials
'CONFESSIONS' OF CHEMICAL ATTACKERS AIRED

The militants, who included Syrians, said they were ordered by Abu Musab al Zarqawi, accused by Washington of being a top al Qaeda supporter, to attack targets that included the heavily fortified US embassy and intelligence headquarters.

There Saphronia is the proof that the terrorists were Syrians. Reason dictates that they may be former Syrian military or have connections with Syrian military, because VX gas isnt something you can build in a basement. These weapons came from Syrian army depots.

BTW Thank you seeker for making this article available.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Saphronia did report an article that mentioned that Syria had VX. It a verifiable report, being it is easily cross-referenced.
Syria has reportedly successfully produced VX or a similar agent and tested missile warheads armed with VX.

In the weaponization process of such, the difference would be in the process/processing of. Each nation who produces this 'stuff' has a slightly different processing method, hence they can be traced to the producing nation by identifying 'markers'. I do not believe that Jordan has the abilities to properly identify if the VX is Syrian made or Iraqi made. I have seen no reports or articles indicating that Jordan has sought a determination of 'who' the VX belonged to, sadly.

seekerof

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
In my original Three Point post I highlighted three areas that proved Bashar Assad was in complete control of Syrian affairs, and was actively antagonizing the West. The article outlined the activites of the President and his immediate his family.

It would now seem that the Middle East Intelligence Bulletin would agree with me.

In a report titled "The Myth of Syria's Old Guard", the MEIB outlines how Bashar Assad is in complete control of the Syrian economy, poltics, military, and diplomacy.

When Bashar Assad assumed power in Damascus after the death of his late father in June 2000, many Western observers expressed hope that the youngster would introduce political reforms in Syria, modernize its stagnant economy, adopt a more moderate stance toward Israel, and improve Syrian relations with the United States. Three and a half years later, however, the process of political liberalization launched by the late Hafez Assad has ground to a halt and even suffered reversals. Economic reform has fallen by the wayside and high-level corruption has become more rampant than ever. Rather than moderating its stance toward Israel, Syria has dramatically increased the scale and breadth of its sponsorship of militant anti-Israeli terrorist organizations. Instead of upgrading ties with the United States, Assad provided material support to Saddam Hussein's military in the months leading up to Operation Iraqi Freedom

In spite of this track record, however, the vast majority of Western journalists, academics, and government officials have yet to utter a disparaging word about Assad, who is frequently described as Western-educated (he isn't - he merely completed part of his medical residency in a London hospital) and reform-minded, with a lasting affinity for the music of Phil Collins and an unshakeable Gameboy addiction. The young dictator's reputation as a well-meaning reformer has remained untarnished in the West because of a pervasive, but highly questionable, assumption about Syrian politics - that Assad is checked at every turn by a powerful cabal of corrupt military and intelligence officials who constitute an independent sphere of authority, the so-called "old guard."

Now this would seem to contradict Saphronia's "Bashar Holds out a Hand" article and the highly intelligent early assertion that "Bashar is Western Educated", then others tried to hide behind the idea of an "old guard" holding back Syrian reforms. This too has been disproven.

The most obvious flaw in the "old guard" assumption is that it presupposes the existence of cohesive hard-liner and reformist factions of the regime with discernibly different interests. There are, of course, divergences of interests within the regime, but they do not fall neatly into the hard-liner/reformist dichotomy. Due to the dismal performance of Syria's economy in recent years the amount of "surplus" lining the pockets of the regime's top beneficiaries has diminished and competition among them for pieces of an ever-shrinking pie has been quite fierce. Limited economic reforms introduced by Bashar have served to concentrate these diminishing spoils in fewer hands. For example, portions of the traditional Sunni bourgeoisie of Aleppo and Damascus who were coopted by the regime in the 1990s have been brushed aside as private sector businessmen close to Assad have seized control over lucrative markets. Economic opportunities have also become increasingly concentrated within Assad's own clan, at the expense of competing Alawite tribal groups that shared power under his father.[5] In short, the beneficiaries of Assad's presidency are not bona fide economic "reformers" in any meaningful sense of the word, nor are those who have seen their privileges shrink necessarily opponents of economic liberalization.

All members of the Syrian circles of power are tied to the prestige of the Baathist party and as such are not trying to stagnant the economy on purpose, and do not want to draw the ire of Western sanctions. The Baathists in Syria realize that the fate of Syria rests in modernization, so it would be illogical for them to stand in its way. The only person to blame for the declining relationships with the West is Bashar Assad himself.

Ive described how he is censoring his interviews and letting his family run wild helping the Iraqi insurgence. Oh and speaking of relations with Iraq, as the president of Syria, Bashar Assad is in the position of power as to what transactions occur, and as time goes on the evidence mounts that he did nothing to stop Syria from arming Iraqi insurgence.

It looks like that pesky Al-Bashir Trading Company has come back to haunt those of you who refute any evidence linking the two countries together.

Mounting evidence compiled by US authorities in Iraq indicates that Assad almost certainly approved Syrian military assistance to Saddam Hussein prior to the US-led invasion. Documents gleaned from computer hard drives at the Baghdad office of Al-Bashair Trading Company - the largest of the former Iraqi regime's military procurement companies - show that a Syrian company, SES International Corp., signed more than 50 contracts to supply arms and equipment worth tens of millions of dollars to Iraq's military prior to the war. The general manager of SES, Asef Isa Shaleesh, is a first cousin of Assad, and one of its major shareholders, Maj. Gen. Dhu Himma Shaleesh, is a relative of Assad who heads an elite presidential security corps. According to the report, the director-general of Al-Bashair, Munir A. Awad, fled to Syria during the war and is now living there "under government protection."[7] Other captured documents and interviews with captured members of Saddam's inner circle indicate that Iraqi officials met with representatives of North Korea on Syrian soil to negotiate the purchase of missile technology - meetings that would have been impossible without the knowledge of intelligence chiefs close to Assad, such as Maj. Gen. Assef Shawkat

This only reinforces my previous documentation of Iraqi officials fleeing into Syria, the same officials who participated in illegal and large scale arms transactions.

Now how much more must come to light before the West and more locally ATS members realize the idiocy in putting faith in Bashar Assad. For true reform to occur in Syria, there needs to be a change from the troubled Assad lineage and the Baathist party.

But I have strayed, this article only reinforces the idea that Syria has taken on Iraqi arms, most importantly WMD. If they are capable of transporting 20million bullets as I documented above, how could they not transport 17.5 tons of VX over the Iraqi border? If Syria can transport scores of night vision goggles and arms, then what would preclude them from transporting the same WMD components that ended up in Sudan and Jordan? Its not like WMD components are the size of a small house and incapable of being transported via truck, that is an insulting assertion.

The facts speak for themselves once again.

MEIB: "Assad is in Control"

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Heres a little hint. WMD generally are pretty large. Missiles, nukes, chem, material to manufacture it, usually is a little hard to sneak ANYWHERE. With the satelite coverage weve had for 12 years, the fact that we tracked every movement of just about every scud battery, ect, simply doesnt really sell your point very well.

Most of our satellites do not cover any one place 24/7. Most of the time to have a recent satellite picture of any one particular place we have to wait until one of the satellites that cover that area passes by, then we take a picture. There are many caves and underground tunnels in the Middle East, so its also easy to transport or hide almost anything through some areas of the Middle East. We still depend on aircraft to take pictures too, and these do not cover any place 24/7 either.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A47: First, it really doesn't matter what nationality the terrorist were, its still al-Qaida. The only reason I questioned your info there was because it wasn't even released and you assumed they were ALL Syrians. But, Al-Qaida has Arabs from every nation in their ranks. We didn't invade Saudia Arabia even though most of the hijackers on 911 were citizens of that country. There is a clear difference to be made.

Now, the article you posted is a complete opinion piece. Yes, it does back up everything you have been saying but that is because the writer, Mr. Gambill, shares the same opinion as you. The only thing in the article I agree with is that "Assad is in control".

Syria is being attacked from the outside. Some within the Bush administration and Israel are a real threat to Syria's sovereignty. It doesn't matter what Assad changes it'll never be enough. They twist his reforms into some scheme that makes it easier to believe Syria has no right to self-determination. Every nation has a right to be ruled or rule the way they see fit. That is where I stand, so if Assad has to back away from reform to keep his country stable until these attacks stop I don't have an issues with that.

To me blanket terrorism is b/s. Hamas and Hezballah do not effect me. I'm not Israeli, I'm American. I don't care what happens to Israel, or Palestine for that matter. Tis a sad situation but its not my situation. I didn't care when Saddam paid families of suicide bombers and I don't care if Assad supports them with weapons and resources. Its a garbage argument because those that support Palestine could argue the same case against the US for providing support to Israel. It's a slippery slope that doesn't have one thing to do with this thread, I'm just rambling cause I can.

Anyways, if it's your view that Syria is a threat to us because they support Palestine then that is your opinion, but I don't agree with you or Mr. Gambill. I read a few of his other articles and I found him to be very bias, though I did enjoy them a lil. Got a laugh at folk like him that want us to invade Syria because they support Hamas and Hezballah...if Israel doesn't take its hand out my pocket...I swear to God they think we're stupid.

The other reason Mr. Gambill gives is a lil more credible. If Assad had anything to do with the weapons that went into Iraq then there is a problem. Still, its just as likely that he had no idea what his cousin was doing. Shaleesh's father was part of the "old guard" that Mr. Gambill wants us to believe no longer exist. The fact that of one of those members owns the company is enough proof that an "old guard" is working counter to what Assad wants. IMO. Yes, its my opinion.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Saphronia]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Anyways, if it's your view that Syria is a threat to us because they support Palestine then that is your opinion, but I don't agree with you or Mr. Gambill. I read a few of his other articles and I found him to be very bias, though I did enjoy them a lil. Got a laugh at folk like him that want us to invade Syria because they support Hamas and Hezballah...if Israel doesn't take its hand out my pocket...I swear to God they think we're stupid.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Saphronia]

I havent said one Pro Israeli thing in this discussion so this post has left me scractching my head. How do I suddenly argue that Syria is a threat because of Hamas? Ive argued time and time again that Syria is a threat because they possess WMD and well what do you know, it ended up in terrorist hands.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think Naila Mouawad is an embodiment of the true hope for future Middle East v Western relations. I feel that my evidence has clearly outlined that Bashar Assad is just a caricature of his father, and one of the tools I used to proved this was the continued Syrian presence in Lebannon.

Ive shown that Syria is in violation of UN law, and yet the detractors continue to claim that he is " a diplomat" and "good for Syria", and this is backed by such assertions as "he was Western educated!" which I subsequently showed did not in fact happen.

Furthermore, I think this Arab news piece is an insightful look into where Lebannon's future lies, and as Ms. Naila Mouawad says, Syrian involvement is not needed.

Naila Mouawad, the first woman in Lebanon to run for president, on Tuesday was quoted as saying that Syria's "excessive interference" in Lebanon's internal affairs has created a "corrupt" class of politicians that destroyed democratic values, suppressed public liberties and steered the economy close to the bottom of the abyss.

"This class has confiscated political life in Lebanon and undermined the institutions of a civil society," Mrs. Mouawad said in a lecture in Brussels about "the Arab World and the challenges of modernization," An Nahar English website reported on Tuesday.

Mouawad said the 1989 Taif accord had given the Lebanese the hope to establish a "a modern, democratic, free, sovereign and independent state" after 15 years of civil war.

"But Lebanon, to the chagrin of all, did not get the chance to accomplish the post-war aspirations of the people.

Last time I checked the Lebanese Civil War has ended, and so has reconstruction, so why must Syria continue its illegal occupation? If Bashar is such a crusader for reform, then why does he continue to subjugate the Lebanese and more importantly the innocent Kurds.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Seeker: Yo, foolio. Try to understand this.

When you go off squawking for months and months that there ARE WMDs in Iraq, and I say there are not, and then AFTER ALL THIS TIME the only little picture and article you can come up with that SHOWS the WMD's actually only shows one ancient shell with possible "traces" of chemical agents, and I say WOW THEY FOUND A WMD I am actually totally making fun of you. Figured you would have caught that but oh well.

The REASON why we're debating if there are or are not WMDs is because the US government asserted that not only were there, but that they were ready to be launched at a moment's notice to the USA. They had "solid intelligence", so they said, at the time.

But none of it was solid, and nothing has been found that justifies the war. Is any of this getting through to you?

My 7 year old nephew grasps these concepts easier than you do.

"Um, yeah, it's ONE FRICKIN WARHEAD! "Traces of nerve agent". Nice smoking gun. THEY DID HAVE ONE WMD! HA!"

If you can't read the sarcasm in there, Seek, then I think we're done here.

jako

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Again, you did not address the issue of the three articles I persented on the chemicals reportedly and confirmed dummped in the Euphrates River.....nothing new I guess.

Be careful of how you wish to label members Jak.
"foolio" can be constrewed a number of ways. If your participation in a conversation causes you to drop to the level of name calling, hey
, perhaps you need to either change your rhetoric or abstain from commenting?

seekerof

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Seeker: "Again, you did not address the issue of the three articles I persented on the chemicals reportedly and confirmed dummped in the Euphrates River.....nothing new I guess."

Yeah sure.

"Care to debunk these reports also Jak?
Marines reportedly find cyanide, mustard agents in Euphrates
U.S. tests for possible chemical weapons "

First one: www.lebanonwire.com...

"Mustard gas and cyanide have been found in river water in the Iraqi city of Nasiriyah, coalition forces said yesterday.

The poisonous substances are believed to have been dumped in the Euphrates either by Iraqi soldiers fleeing from American troops or local factories that produced weapons of mass destruction.

A spokesman for the United States marines, based just outside the city, described the quantities of chemical agents found as "significant" and claimed that it was further evidence that Saddam Hussein has produced weapons of mass destruction."

Yeah wow, how solid. Dumped by either fleeing Iraqi soldiers or WMD factories. Not that any WMD factories have been found, or that fleeing Iraqi soldiers are gonna dump mustard gas into the river (what, are they rolling it around in a big steel barrel?).

And not that this article has EVER been followed up on even though it is dated April 6, 2003.

Next one:
www.usatoday.com...

Updated 4/4/2003 ooh another "historical" one

"Marine units testing drinking water found cyanide and mustard agents in the Euphrates River, MSNBC reported, as concerns mounted that Iraq would resort to chemical weapons as coalition troops closed on Baghdad.
Earlier, advancing U.S. troops found thousands of boxes of suspicious white powder, nerve agent antidote and Arabic documents on how to engage in chemical warfare at an industrial complex south of Baghdad. But a senior U.S. official familiar with initial testing said the materials were believed to be explosives.

Concerns over the use of chemical weapons spiked as MSNBC reported that Marines testing drinking water from the Euphrates River near Nasiriyah found "large concentrations" of cyanide and mustard agents. The network said Marine commanders believed it was a deliberate attempt to poison coalition troops....

...On April 1, Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan, in a statement on Iraqi television, repeated Baghdad's position that it had no weapons of mass destruction. Referring to reports that gas masks and other chemical gear had been found elsewhere in the country, he said the coalition might plant weapons of mass destruction to implicate Iraq.

"Let me say one more time that Iraq is free of weapons of mass destruction," he said.

"The aggressors may themselves intend to bring those materials to plant them here and say those are weapons of mass destruction," he said."

Tell me something, is there actually any other uses for cyanide, in, say mining?

Again, this story is over a year old, and not followed up on. And please look up the word "reportedly". All this stuff has been debunked or once they find it's not real, they just gloss over it. Remember the unmanned drones? The mobile weapons labs? The barrels and barrels of white powder? Nothing, nothing, nothing.

I have a word for you that you might want to get used to : INCONCLUSIVE.

And last one, the most fun of all your links:
www.chron.com...

"KARBALA, Iraq -- U.S. military officers said Monday initial tests on substances found in a central Iraqi town suggested the presence of banned chemical agents, but said they could turn out to be simple pesticides...
But Gen. Benjamin Freakly, also of the 101st Airborne, said later that tests on substances at the camp and a separate agricultural site, both in the town of Albu Mahawish, could show they had a less sinister purpose.

"This could be either some kind of pesticide," Freakly told CNN. "On the other hand it could be a chemical agent -- not weaponized, a liquid agent that is in drums.""

I love this one, not just because of a General named Freakly, but because guess what? They were tested and found to be PESTICIDES. Read it for yourself:

www.basicint.org...

or just do a Google search for Karbala chemicals tested pesticides.

So, yes, not only have i now addressed those three links, I have de-bunked them all. They've ALL been proven to not be WMDs. But you persist of course, despite actual evidence and contrary to actual common sense. Yet you continue to thrash and complain that there ARE WMDs. Stubborn and closeminded are a bad mix.

Tell you what, find ANY article that claims that any WMD have been found and I'll debunk it.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nice to see Jakomo still on the warpath.

Muadib,

You dont have to cover one area for 24 hours. You simply know where # is being kept. We have more than Awacs and spyplanes, we had intelligence on the ground, electronic intercepts, ect.

Seekerof, really now. Lets think about this.

If saddam had dumped this doomsday sized stash of chemical weapons into the river, the very same river that most Iraqis DRINK from mand shower in, dont you think there would be widespread epidemics of poisoning everywhere? Even traces of Mustard and Nerve gas, even slight amounts, can # someones day up pretty good.

If these supposed WMD were in the rivers, they would have leaked out, people would be getting sick and dying by the boatloads. Fish would be washed up on the banks that the whole country would smell.

Traces of cyanide? Appleseeds contain cyanide. Almonds contain cyanide. Theres alot of things that contain cyanide.

Mustard gas can be made using ammonia and bleach. Common house hold chemicals.

A hand full of old crusty warheads covered in bat# and cobwebs do NOT justify nor prove that a WMD arsenal existed in Iraq.

There are more WMD in Nevada that there are in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
A47: Don't play word games. The links you put up are written by zionist or zionist supporters. The agendas of these writers are clear. You don't have to say Israel, I can read between the lines. Who opposes the occupation of Lebanon? Not our government, and not any other nation-state besides Israel. The Lebanonese government doesn't even oppose the occupation but Israel is calling for an end to it! Is an occupying power telling someone else that they shouldn't occupy hipocritical? I would think so. Let's call for the end of all occupations, including the US led occupation of Iraq. See where you stand on that.

Either way this has nothing to do with the thread and we already discussed it four pages back. If you want to bash Assad some more go right ahead. We can trade opinion back and forth until this time next year both saying the same thing over and over again. If you be real about it, and call it opinion I'm willing.

He's not a reformer...that's an opinion. Naila Mouawad is a true reformer...that's an opinion. We are in need of a dictionary here. What is an opinion?

Opinion: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b : a generally held view

I challenge you to read this article:

Damascus Spring

Al-Shueibi pointed out that Syrian President Bashar Al- Assad has an agenda for change. The president explained his views on reform in one of his speeches: "The issue is not one of replacing individuals, but rather [the] general order of things has to evolve naturally, otherwise there was no value in replacing individuals." Bashar has striven to carry out such plans but as Syrian officials would themselves acknowledge, he has been met with fierce resistance from some elements within the system.

While some Syrian officials play down the impact the occupation of Iraq had on the Syrian political scene, Bashar told Al-Arabiya TV shortly after the invasion that "what happened in Iraq has made an impact on all of us and left us thinking about how to develop our own countries".

Al-Shueibi does not take such declarations to mean that Syria may succumb to US pressures. "Syria's reform plan is not the fruit of US pressure or the events in Iraq," he insisted. The process of reform, he argued, goes back some four years when Bashar took office. "He spoke about democracy and transparency, and he was personally concerned with the margins of individual freedoms. He simply does not want to be a dictator. He wants to create a system based on state and institution- building, a system which does not rely on highly personalised power."

Maybe Assad isn't moving fast enough for you...but again...you don't get a say. You are not Syrian. Every country's people has a right to decide for themselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Who opposes the occupation of Lebanon? Not our government, and not any other nation-state besides Israel. The Lebanonese government doesn't even oppose the occupation but Israel is calling for an end to it! Is an occupying power telling someone else that they shouldn't occupy hipocritical? I would think so. Let's call for the end of all occupations, including the US led occupation of Iraq. See where you stand on that.

I challenge you to read this article:

Wait what? Your post is bordering on ignorant and false. Security Council Resolution 520 calls for a direct end to the Syrian Occupation of Lebannon.

4. Calls again for the strict respect for Lebanon's sovereignty,
territorial integrity, unity and political independence under the sole and
exclusive authority of the Lebanese Government through the Lebanese Army
throughout Lebanon;

5. Reaffirms its resolutions 512 (1982) and 513 (1982) which call for
respect for the rights of the civilian populations without any discrimination
and repudiates all acts of violence against those populations;

Wait doesnt that mean that a nation state opposess it (multiple if its a UN resolution)? Well yes it does. Hasnt the US Gov shown its interest in a fre Lebannon by passing the Syrian Accountability Act? Well yes it has. Have the Lebanese people themselves asked for independence? Well yes they have.

Does this make your point useless? Well yes it does

Are you bothering to even read my posts or do you have a mechanical set of responses? Ive given several different people and organizations from several different news outlets asking for Lebanese independence. To sit there and tell me thats an Israeli issue only is just a downright lie.

And to add insult to injury, your accusing me of posting only Zionist articles? So is every anti Arab article suddenly Zionist. Get real, the articles Ive used are featured on several Western, Arab and Rest of the World news sites. Stop automatically reading between the lines, and actually read them. Don't accept ignorance because of some personal distrust of Zionists. Read the articles, they arent meant to be accusatory but eye opening

In closing, until you do actually read these articles, I dont feel there is enough incentive for me to accept that challenge, because using your reasoning, its a Pro-Arab site and by reading between the lines we all know its pro Assad.

Resolution 520

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Get out of here with that, in 1990 Bush 41 supported the complete take over of Lebanon by Syria in exchange for support in the first Gulf War. That resolution being over two decades old is not a reflection of the current climate and you knew it when you put it up...hopefully. What is being called for now is a change in the policy started by Bush 41, and it hasn't been adopted yet.

I read the articles you put up...but i see you are so closed minded you can't even open yourself up to the possibility that Assad is trying to reform his country. There is no proof for what you are saying only an opinion that you gained off of limited information.

And, get it right if you're going to call me something in the future--I'm pro-US.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda
Dr. Kay Had Maps with Coordinates of WMD Hiding Places in Syria

In the last 24 hours, DEBKAfile went back to its most reliable intelligence sources in the US and the Middle East, some of whom were actively involved in the subject before and during the Iraq war. They all stuck to their guns. As they have consistently informed DEBKAfile and DEBKA-Net-Weekly , Saddam Hussein�s unconventional weapons programs were present on the eve of the American-led invasion and quantities of forbidden materials were spirited out to Syria. Whatever Dr. Kay may choose to say now, at least one of these sources knows at first hand that the former ISG director received dates, types of vehicles and destinations covering the transfers of Iraqi WMD to Syria.

www.debka.com...

Yawn...sorry no offence to anyone, but this is old news, this has been reported several times, both in the media and on this board...it's just that some people here, in their hatred for both America ( and what it stands for ), and Bush, it gets ignored here�

The article from Debka was reported on February 2, 2004, and was a follow up of a previous article...

So folks...you believe what you want, and more power to ya...but...as for me I've allways thought Sadaam had these wepons at the start of the war, it's just that he moved/hid them ( remember, they did bury their fighter jets in the sand ) before we could find them...

Well I posted earlier on this, it's old news

But Jacko... can you debunk this ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't see you in on the debate...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well it seems in light of Syria's continued belligerence and illegal activites, the President may bring some consequences.

President George W. Bush may soon impose sanctions on Syria as punishment for supporting terrorism and trying to obtain weapons of mass destruction, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.

``Our goal is to make sure that will lead to Syria changing its behavior,'' McClellan said in a reporters' briefing. ``We'll have more to say on that very soon.''

Bush in December signed legislation meant to stop Syria from supporting terrorists by toughening economic and diplomatic sanctions against the country. About $280 million in annual U.S. exports may be affected, most involving the oil industry and agriculture.

Now I do think that Syria has gone too long without securing its Iraqi border, addressing human rights violations, and WMD charges in the last 24 months. I think these sanctions will serve as a wakeup call that we will not idly sit by and let Bashar Assad spit in our face.

How is he spitting in our face? Well for starters there is the fact that he tried to give lip service to the brutal uprising in Fallujah.

Syrian President Bashar al-Asad has backed armed resistance operations against the US occupation forces in Iraq.

Speaking on Aljazeera's Open Dialogue programme, prior to the latest attack in Damascus, the Syrian president said the resistance represented the people of Iraq and was, therefore, legitimate.

Now if Bashar is serious about making some sort of effort to help out American interests in the Mid East, he would refrain from such erroneous claims. The resistance in Fallujah is in fact not representative of Iraq as a whole, and for Assad to make that claim he is fostering distrust on our side of the fence. I think it is a result of Syria's continued transgressions that the sanctions will be implemented, but this interview served as a catalyst. The savior of the Mid East seems to have shot himself in the foot.

Bashar: "Fallujah has a right to resist"
Syrian Sanctions

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by Agent47]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join