It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open a CAN of MINIGUN...check this out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Miniguns have always been my favourite...I would love to have one of these bad boys in case of an emergency...! check out the fire power on these boys!

INFO

The Minigun is a multi-barrel machine gun with a high rate of fire (several thousand rounds per minute), employing Gatling-style rotating barrels and an external power source. In popular culture, the term minigun has come to refer to any externally-powered Gatling gun of rifle caliber, though the term is sometimes used to refer to guns of similar rates of fire and configuration, regardless of power source and caliber.

Specifically, the term Minigun refers to a single weapon, originally produced by General Electric. The "mini" of the name is in comparison to designs that use a similar firing mechanism but 20 mm or larger shells, such as General Electric's earlier M61 Vulcan.
en.wikipedia.org...

And know even hand held Mini guns like in Predator!

And then there is Big Daddy!!

http://www.military-page.de/waffen/mk/gau8/bild_gau8_02.jpg

Enjoy it!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
HOLY COW - check out the size of that bullet! Effin HUGE! haha now i can tell the old man i want a minigun for my 21st Birthday..

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Hell jeah!!
Tell your DAD you need It to chop some trees down in the yard!!!I have one round at my house..it is really huge!

[edit on 8/1/2008 by GUNSINWAR]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Yea, dad see those huge trees over there? also that old building and those Silo's we have... i think there is about 30 of them.. Need to get rid of them asap.

Dad - Yea they look ugly, how do you propose we knock them down?

Me - Hmm remember that Youtube video i showed you,? the one with the miniguns? I think they would be a great help

Dad - Yea your 21st Birthday is coming up, might get you one of those..

Me: F*CK YEAH!!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Hey! Leave the trees alone! While I thoroughly enjoy this and would love to have one for Christmas, I'm also a bit of a tree hugger.
Is that weird?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Awesome!!

Holy cow, I would hate to be on the receiving end.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Lets not forget the CIWS (Close in Weapon system)

Tracks targets by radar and shoots down targets with tungsten tipped bullets. Keep in mind it tracks by radar so if a jet gets shot down and the pilot ejects it will pick up his parachute and keep shooting. Until the Fire Control officer turns it off.

-Kdial1

[edit on 1-8-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I came very close to getting one of these as a post dealer sample, but at 60K I could not make the wife understand why I HAD to have one
Very cool gun

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i used to think, what gun would i choose if i had the choice and need, well. now id definatly choose that hand held, and backpack minigun. lol.

and a 50 round 12 ga. old street sweeper. loaded with 4-1/2 nitro mags

cool post

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

ok so all the enemy has to do is aim at the big ugly white dome and wait until they have to reload

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
During war games at camp Pendleton we had a security perminter set out around a amtrac when a flight of cobra gunships came over the rise. I had a SAW and as the cobra hovered about 20 yards up off the deck I point my SAW and let off a ten round burst Rambo style and it was really funny the pilot just shakes his head and spins his mini gun showing me I would not have even had a chance. I have seen them work with live rounds and I completly agree...death..

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks kdail!.....great video! that`s hectic poor pilot even if he ejects he still going to be shot into pieces!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
World's coolest minigun:

The .22

www.montysminiguns.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
That is so cool ! thanks for showing us the baby Minigun Zaphod58....place it in the back of your car!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
reply to post by kdial1

ok so all the enemy has to do is aim at the big ugly white dome and wait until they have to reload

That is if they can get through all of these first:

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oddly enough, a minigun sounds JUST LIKE the miniguns you hear in the movies.

Want to see a minigun in action, in person? Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in northern Kentucky goes on twice a year. It's pretty cool.

I went a couple of years ago. It was $700+ to shoot a minigun for 30 seconds. That would have been the experience of a lifetime, but I didn't want to spend that kind of money.

Now, the $250 for the flame-thrower rental was ALMOST worth it.

top topics

join