It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Followers Vow Fight at Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Ron Paul Followers Vow Fight at Convention

www.newsmax.com

LAS VEGAS -- Dueling delegations pitting Ron Paul's Nevada supporters against those of John McCain vow to take their fight to the Republican National Convention.

That's just one sign that the outsider, Internet-fueled movement led by the feisty Republican congressman from Texas remains afloat in the wake of McCain's victory in the GOP primaries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Looks like Ronny is gonna crash Johny's party. Can't wait to see how this turns out. I fully intend to write in my vote for Paul come election day. I refuse to vote for either of the other two rubber stamp morons!

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That is a second from me! I am writing the Duder in too! I am sick of the real candidate being put on the back burner while those two circus freaks steal the show! Its a shame there arent more like Ol' Ronny Paulson!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

If he managed to steal the nomination from McCain Obama would slaughter him. The voters have their sights set on the "war hero" candidate and if that is taken away from them Ron Paul isn't going to be able to reason with them. The Republicans do not care if Paul is better than McCain, they are about nothing but winning.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

If Paul steals the vote.....

If the Republicans only want to win.......

Wouldn't they do anything, including stealing votes like they have the last two elections, to get him in?

Just saying.......

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If Paul steals the vote.....

I said: If he managed to steal the nomination

And I doubt any politician, including Republican or Democrat wants Paul to win or be our president. I have no doubts the Republicans would help burry him. He'd probably only get sizable votes from independants, which isn't saying much.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am a supporter of Ron Paul. I handed out fliers in SC and he was my vote in the primaries. A write in vote for Ron Paul is a vote wasted since he has officially dropped out of the race. When he sent out the latter stating that the "Revolution" was switching gears, that was when he dropped out. So even if everyone in the country voted for him as a write in vote, it would make no difference. He dropped out of the race.

So where does that leaves us? It leaves us searching for a 3rd party Candidate. If people really took the time to look into who is running, they would probably be a little surprised and notice there are some viable candidates out there. Particulary in the Constitutional Party and the Green Party.

A list of Third Party Candidates 2008 Elections

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

If he managed to steal the nomination from McCain Obama would slaughter him. The voters have their sights set on the "war hero" candidate and if that is taken away from them Ron Paul isn't going to be able to reason with them. The Republicans do not care if Paul is better than McCain, they are about nothing but winning.

And liberals are about nothing but power, power, and more power to control every aspect of the lives of every man, woman, and child. They don't care how much they have to lie, cheat, steal, and slander to get that power either.

The problem with Republicans is not an insatiable thirst for power (like liberals) because when they had it they did nothing with it. That is why they are losing the power.

Right now more and more people are beginning to pull their heads out of their six-o-clock position only to see what democrats and republicans are all about...exactly as I outlined above. That is why we need a guy like Paul to get the nod. He may still be a member of the two party system but is an atypical member!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The Republicans do not care if Paul is better than McCain, they are about nothing but winning.

What good is a candidate that can't win?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
And liberals are about nothing but power, power, and more power to control every aspect of the lives of every man, woman, and child. They don't care how much they have to lie, cheat, steal, and slander to get that power either.

I disagree, though many in the party may fit your definition. That's why I'm an Independant. All parties have severe flaws.

The problem with Republicans is not an insatiable thirst for power (like liberals) because when they had it they did nothing with it. That is why they are losing the power.

I disagree, all politicians want is power. The Republicans have shown their true colors, they offered less government and gave us big government. The Telecomm Giant issue for one was a huge abuse of power. But I'm not going to get into that mess in this thread. It is completely off topic.

is why we need a guy like Paul to get the nod.

I respectfully disagree, the last thing we need to fix this government is another president from the two-party system. If not Americans will never be heard, they only have two sides of an "argument" (shall we say) representing hundreds of millions. We need more than two-parties involved so all of our voices can be heard.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

The Republicans do not care if Paul is better than McCain, they are about nothing but winning.

What good is a candidate that can't win?

That's why Paul will not be the candidate. He has less chances of winning. Many Americans, sadly, don't even know he exist, and many who do know little about him. McCain is much easier to sell to the American people.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Here Here. I will not vote the puppets of the 2 party crime family. Ill write in Ron Paul. Im not real impressed with Bob Barr so I wont be voting for him. For those who say its a wasted vote I say if I never intended on voting for anyone else anyways thens its not a stolen vote is it?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I was Ron Paul's biggest supporter. One of my good friends' mother is the chair for my county's Republican Party committee and in the face of her constantly trying to get me to vote for McCain, I always stated my steadfast support for Ron Paul.

I want to ask all of you something, however. Now that Ron Paul is out, many of you state there is no third-party candidate worth voting for. I disagree wholeheartedly. There is Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party. The man is as anti-Iraq War as Paul was and he has many of the same stances as Paul. He's a little less libertarian and more right-wing, but this guy's the best candidate out there. He's an authentic Christian, plus he's a pastor, so I find that a better background for president than Obama or McCain.

My question is, why is there no love for Chuck Baldwin?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It baffles me how little people understand the Presidential nomination process. The rules of bound for rounds of voting were put in place for exactly such an event as this. If a person gets the popular vote (Mccain) and the party does not like the results, they can sit out during the bound votes to replace him with a different candidate. The person they replace him with does not even have to be running for the nomination. He can be someone who dropped out. Any one of the drop outs could get the nomination and it has nothing to do with number of votes or delegates won during the primaries. The deciding factor is who the delegates at the convention want at that very second. If Huckabee, or Paul or Romney say or do something that makes the delegation get a warm fuzzy feeling at the time of the convention, then the delegation can simply sit out voting until they are no longer bound and then vote for who ever they want. There are 3000 delegates who can vote and you only need half that amount to win.

The way I see it, McCain is a Republicans worst nightmare. We still have 90 days until the election and MCcain is already pissing of party rank and file. He is sure to loose the election.

The Republican party grew by 1 million this year because of Ron Paul. The party would be stupid not to nominate him. With the elections of past being so close, Paul would ensure a slam dunk.

The Obama supporters wont even vote. They are lazy and un aware of how important the vote would be. Compare Obama supporters to Paul supporters dedication and involvement, and it is easy to see the Paul supporters are much more devoted, and are better at converting non voters to Paul than Obama supporters are.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
He's a little less libertarian and more right-wing, but this guy's the best candidate out there. He's an authentic Christian, plus he's a pastor, so I find that a better background for president than Obama or McCain.

My question is, why is there no love for Chuck Baldwin?

Why is there no love? I'll tell you.

He is a candidate that has a fairly small tent, much like the Constitution Party in general.

There are quite a lot of Christian right wingers out there, these are basically your Economic liberals/Social Conservatives. i.e. Taxes and big government are fine as long as they control the morals

There are also your Libertarian folks out there, and these are basically opposite, Economic conservatives/Social Liberals. Keep your hands off my money and my morals

The Constitution Party are a hodge podge of both, being Economic conservatives/Social conservatives. Keep your hands off my money as long as they control the morals.

Not a super popular view in my estimation. They are basically the Christian fundamental FACTION of the Libertarians.

Personally I'm tired of the Christians coming around telling us that the government magically has the power to restrict Federally while all the while espousing the Constitution that gives no such power.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If he managed to steal the nomination from McCain Obama would slaughter him.

Not likely. Paul would steal the anti-war vote from Obama. He would also pull in all of the conservatives that are thinking about not voting because McCain is a crappy conservative candidate.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
It baffles me how little people understand the Presidential nomination process. The rules of bound for rounds of voting were put in place for exactly such an event as this. If a person gets the popular vote (Mccain) and the party does not like the results, they can sit out during the bound votes to replace him with a different candidate. The person they replace him with does not even have to be running for the nomination. He can be someone who dropped out. Any one of the drop outs could get the nomination and it has nothing to do with number of votes or delegates won during the primaries. The deciding factor is who the delegates at the convention want at that very second. If Huckabee, or Paul or Romney say or do something that makes the delegation get a warm fuzzy feeling at the time of the convention, then the delegation can simply sit out voting until they are no longer bound and then vote for who ever they want. There are 3000 delegates who can vote and you only need half that amount to win.

The way I see it, McCain is a Republicans worst nightmare. We still have 90 days until the election and MCcain is already pissing of party rank and file. He is sure to loose the election.

When the Republicans wont let anyone else at their party how is there supposed to be a choice. Ron Paul has been shut out since minute one and there are reasons behind this. McCain is a tool just like Obama.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
He's an authentic Christian, plus he's a pastor, so I find that a better background for president than Obama or McCain.

An'authentic Christian? What exactly is that? There are over 20,000 recognized Christian sects in the world and somehow this guy has got the inside scoop that his is the correct flavor? I could care less what someone's belief system is. The last thing I'd want is a religious person of any form running the country. Haven't we been emabarassed enough by people like Falwell and Robertson? Aren't we supposed to separate religion and politics in this country?

Here's a thought... how about we TRY and elect someone who has a comprehensive understanding of political science, sociology and economics? That would be novel.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

If he managed to steal the nomination from McCain Obama would slaughter him.

Not likely. Paul would steal the anti-war vote from Obama. He would also pull in all of the conservatives that are thinking about not voting because McCain is a crappy conservative candidate.

I'm sorry to say but this is a fantasy. The Electoral College will make Obama the winner, Paul has less chances of defeating that possability than McCain.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think this is pretty much a noise maker to try and wakeup some of the american people.If you could get everyone in america to read Dr.Pauls manifesto he would win by a landslide.However that not being practicle the object is to make noise and wake people up.You have to face facts here the american people do not vote on facts for the most part.They vote for all sorts of reasons like he's black or he's a war hero.They for the most part do not even care about his voting record.ie Obama voted yes on fisa stripping your forth amendment rights.McCain was neck deep in the keating five scandle.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. Thomas Jefferson

That's better than I can say it.

new topics

top topics

join