It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOO: Republicans trying to scare voters, Obama says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Obama says Republicans trying to scare voters

Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face. So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

"They're going to say I'm a risky guy," Obama said. "What they're going to argue is I'm too risky. The real risk is that we miss the moment, that we do not do what's needed because we're afraid."

Breitbart

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The only person I see saying these things about Obama is.....Obama himself.

Show me a video, show me a reliable written source of anyone saying these things about him....other than him. Until then, I think it's just Obama trying to scare voters. That, or he's trying to guilt them. Hopefully, neither will work.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

What a strange coincidence, i've been reading that very article

its a good find, and Obama nails it on the head.

The conservatives can't beat him on the issues.

The conservatives can't beat him on voting records.

The conservatives can only offer 4 more years of the same garbage, because to offer anything else would finally admit what the last 7 have REALLY been.

So now they're going to try and make Americans feel as though there's something to question about Obama.

Of course there is.

he's a politician.

But so is mccain.

They both have skeletons in their closets.

But so do you.
Do skeletons in your closet make you any less of a person?

The types of skeletons are whats important.

And for a politician, the only skeletons that matter are ones that said representative have acted on in the past.

Voting records.

Compare McCain to Obama and you'll come to the same realization i came to.

Fear tactics or not, when you actually look into it - the picture is really clear.

Obama represents the chance for something new.

McCain doesnt really represent anything at all.

Except 4 more years.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
He's right they are using fear tactics, although I think he gives too much credit in the subjects he's picked.

Here at ATS, instead of focusing on McCains strengths, pointing out Obamas weaknesses, or arguing a factual policy difference in the two candidates we have been deluged with vapid alarmist attack topics regarding tell-tale signs of Obamas unfit for presidential behavior such as, "he doesn't give his children Christmas gifts", "will send all of our money to Africa", "is a professional liar because he said 'my committee', instead of 'my bill'", "worships Hindu gods", "refused to pledge the flag", "refused to shake hands with soldiers" or just the outright subjective and baseless claim "Obama is just evil".

When called on such nonsense the attackers respond with anger and suggest that people don't believe it is okay to criticize Obama.

Sadly they actually believe such spurious claims and unfounded speculation to be an intellectual critique!!

This country, the States, I fear is in big trouble.

Most of it's citizens are being "feared" into behaving like thoughtless dullards...or being lead around as if they were. I hope people wise up and actually look before they leap.

I'll await the next "cigarette-smoking Obama" pic.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

i forgot about the cigarette smoking thing!

LOL

Is that an attempt to discredit?

He smokes...tobacco?

Ohhhhhhh the long list of republican vices i could draw in comparison. but i only need one

George Bush did coke.

Need i say more?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

So you think the people spreading the lies via email, forums, hard-right websites and blogs are all people that work for Obama?

I seriously doubt that.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Show me a video, show me a reliable written source of anyone saying these things about him....other than him.

I'm not saying it's a "reliable written source", but it's something to think about...

Subliminal Message?

But there's an element in that ad, right toward the end of the ad where it has Obama's face up and the word "foreign," next to it with "more foreign oil."
Well I don't think these things are coincidental.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ah, I see the election just went to the next phase.

1. Debate on the issues *CHECK
2. Casual finger pointing *CHECK
3. Laughing at each other *CHECK
4. Semi-wild accusations *CHECK
5. Fear mongering *CHECK
6. Moderate mudslinging
7. Yelling at each other
8. Shaking fists at each other and yelling
9. Wild accusations
10. Accusations of breaking the law
11. Heavy mudslinging
12. Crying

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Just went to that phase?

Sos37...it's been there for quite some time as evident in this very forum.
Do a search for "Obama" and see what you come up with. If some of those titles aren't laughable (which is when I usually cry around here) then I don't know what is.

I'm wondering what the phase AFTER this one is.
Maybe the next phase is the part when jokers get bored and say "Okay, okay...but seriously..."

- Lee

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

Quote from the OP's original article.

Andrew,

Do you feel your candidate is playing the race card with this statement. Many of us "EVIL" conservatives have felt your wrath in the past concerning the race card.

Seems to me your boy is the one playing it.

Just an observation.

Becker

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
Andrew,

Do you feel your candidate is playing the race card with this statement. Many of us "EVIL" conservatives have felt your wrath in the past concerning the race card.

Becker people on this site have stated they couldn't vote for Obama based on his name. I've seen CNN interviews where voters have stated this and I've read it around the internet as well. His "middle name" (sometimes only) is used in the baseless chain mail attacks that are designed to "fear" the public.

I believe it was the mayor (or governor) of Pennsylvania that clearly stated that the people of his State will not vote for a black candidate. It wasn't just him quite a few others in the spotlight have said the same.

What card are they playing?

I don't think he's playing the race card by stating what has been spread around.
It is true that people have said those things.

How is it when HE mentions it that he is whining?

I think people are looking to throw the race issue in and paint Obama as a whiner any way they can.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Great post Lee. Star for ya.

I think race is clearly an issue in this race. The populace may not be as evolved as many Obama supporters would like. Unfortunately this is a fact and can not be accelerated by virtue of electing this nice black gentleman.

It seems many of his supporters are of the belief that the moment he wins the election, racism will cease to exsist. It may actually go in the complete opposite direction. Is everyone ready for that?

Yeah he's a lefty and I'm a righty big whoop! I disagree with most of his platforms (the ones I have a clear understanding of that is).

I still feel strongly he and his campaign brain trust have crafted heavy guilt into their campaign. It's working on many, many people.

Election days are interesting. The Pubs always come out in full force. It will be interesting to see the total of the popular vote. I'm predicting north of 120,000,000.

This is gonna be big.

Lastly, thanks for the "tone" in your post Lee. I wish more folks wanting to debate political ideologies would take a lesson from you.

Becker

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

The conservatives can't beat him on the issues.

The conservatives can't beat him on voting records.

Yeah, thats why he wont agree to a debate. Face it, your man is all show and no substance.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I'm not saying it's a "reliable written source", but it's something to think about...

Subliminal Message?

But there's an element in that ad, right toward the end of the ad where it has Obama's face up and the word "foreign," next to it with "more foreign oil."
Well I don't think these things are coincidental.

Funny that you posted it from a source that was making fun of it. Its actually a perfect example of the media trying to manufacture scandals for Obama. Its got to be one of the most bas # crazy conspiracy theories I've heard form the left yet.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Oh, no, no, no, no, no!
To say that Obama himself is the one saying things like this is just inaccurate. And highly so.

The truth is, a LOT of the GOP messages are because he's black. But I've never heard McCain or Bush mention Obama's race. BUT, no matter WHAT color he was, McCain would find a way to use whatever was available to undercut his opponent. That's politics.

Now, I gotta say, what Obama said is technically "playing the race card". In other words, "They're doing to because I'm black so feel sorry for me." Just because there's some truth in it doesn't mean it's NOT playing the race card.

McCain plays the age card every day. And the POW card.

This is Hilarious!

WARNING: Language and Racial Subject Matter Race Shocker! McCain accuses Obama of being shamefully colored! (Satire)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

They were NOT making fun of it. I saw it as it happened. They were totally serious.

Oh, I see what you mean. Never mind.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Dronetek

They were NOT making fun of it. I saw it as it happened. They were totally serious.

Right, I did to. I'm saying that newsbusters was making fun of it, as they should. It was nothing more than an attempt by an Obama shill to manufacture a scandal.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I meant between the two candidates themselves. Oh, but yes on this board and others that discuss politics, yeah, people went straight through to the crying phase a long time ago LOL.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

You know Becker, I do have actual legitimate reasons as to why I won't be voting for Obama or McCain, the latter of which I said I would vote for if he did run a few years ago. Although some of my reasons are based on my own personal frustration with the system of late and has nothing to do with Obama, I do find him to be inexperienced and believe that he got caught up in a whirlwind of support that undoubtedly shocked him as much as it did the Clintons. I think he needs a few more years in office and I think he needs to get more of a record behind him than he has.

Now I am not saying that because of those things Obama wouldn't be a good president as having more or less experience in the White House doesn't determine a set presidency and either can bring about surprising results. I do understand that even with those things there is NO guarantee that you will be a successful President.

As for McCain...well...as much as I do like him (and I do not think he is a bad guy at all) I am just not happy with what the Republicans have done with this country and I am not going to try and see if this particular one can fix it.

I am also sick of the pandering. I can't take it any more, and at the risk of appearing on some BS American terrorist watch-list I will say that the American people need to run each and every one of them OUT of office and into the streets, then burn down the whole system. We need to elect people to office that actually do work for us and can't become so entrenched that they are impossible to weed out from the corrupt and tangled political thicket. No more political dynasties. We need real change. These guys just don't care for us and we are told to pick the one we feels cares just a bit more?

No thanks.

Those are some of the issues I contemplate during this election season and although I have decided not to vote I take the situation very seriously and I may change my mind and cast a ballot. Who knows.

Around here and in other parts though, I am being told that the reason I shouldn't vote for Obama is because he doesn't give Christmas gifts to his kids or put money under his kids pillow for the tooth fairy...or whatever ridiculous idea I was asked to seriously consider...or that he will turn the United States of America into a Sharia law police state in like...what...four years?

Maybe I am being arrogant here a bit but stuff like that is a real insult to the intelligence.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

I meant between the two candidates themselves. Oh, but yes on this board and others that discuss politics, yeah, people went straight through to the crying phase a long time ago LOL.

Oh right I see what you mean, sorry I wasn't sure.
Yes and I do agree.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
He is playing the race card. A good number of people don't plan to vote Obama and he is trying to say that the republicans are trying to make voters vote against Obama because he is black. Black has nothing to do with it, especially since the majority of his supporters around him are white. It is obvious he is black. Nobody has to tell somebody that. If a person don't like blacks then it is obvious that person won't vote for a black candidate..

The only one who says he looks different from other presidents is Obama. The only who says he has a funny name is Obama. Both of these statements bring up the race issue. By God you can't even mention his middle name without people labeling you a racist.

I will also say he doesn't have the real answers to the challenges we face. If he did he would be in the Senate right now trying through thick and thin to get his legislation pass to help our economy now, not 6 months from now.

Don't you find it IRONIC that both are still members of the Senate and refuse to try to pass any meaningful legislation to help our economy until they get elected? Just goes to show that neither one gives a damn. Nothing new from either of them. Politicians to the end.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join