It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOO: Republicans trying to scare voters, Obama says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Ohhhhhhh the long list of republican vices i could draw in comparison. but i only need one

George Bush did coke.

Need i say more?

I'm glad you put that in the past tense.

Obama has admitted drug use in his past...including coc aine.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

WASHINGTON – Barack Obama admitted using drugs in his autobiography but never revealed if or when he stopped, points out an explosive new book on the Democratic presidential candidate written by the co-author of 2004's "Unfit for Command," the Swift Boat exposé that impacted John Kerry's campaign for the White House.

This book is a #1 best seller, I wonder if some brave reporter could ask this question...and challenge him to take a drug test?

Back on subject:

Obama has used this tactic twice already. The race card....ohhhh they are going to scare you because I'm black. The problem is Republicans aren't doing that, and Obama keeps mentioning it. Who is scaring who?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The problem is Republicans aren't doing that, and Obama keeps mentioning it. Who is scaring who?

Exactly. The Republicans may be stupid and moronic on a lot of things, but they are going to steer clear of even looking like they are playing the race card (except for those nutjobs in South Carolina who ran the ad that McCain immediately denounced). That would get them into a helluva lot of hot water, and the McCain campaign is going to stay very far away from that issue.

But, you can't control the extreme-right wing nutjobs or the extreme leftist yahoos. I am sure they will play the race card and the age card against their respective opponent.

But, the Dems are the ones bringing "race" into the "race". Obama gave 3 stump speeches on campaign stops today and used the same rhetoric in each; "They are going to try this" and "They are going to try that". Bill Clinton eluded to Obama's race in the primaries, Joe Biden called him a "clean and articulate" black man (like all the others are dirty and illiterate??), and Jesse Jackson is foaming at the mouth wanting to neuter Obama.

Other than bloggers and folks on the net, the Democrats are the ones who seem intent on playing the race card and blaming it on everyone else. Oh, and the MSM, too. It's all over every show in Fox and MSNBC and CNN and Headline News tonight.

People need to get a life and focus on the issues....make the campaign about the issues. Not the age spots on McCain's face and hands, the size of Obama's ears, McCain's feebleness, and/or the color of Obama's skin (and whether he would look good on the dollar bill).

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Barack Obama seems to be the only person obsessed with the issue of race. It's a very convenient excuse for him to throw out when he falls flat on his face.

It won't be because he's the least qualified candidate running or the fact that he can't speak without a prompter, it will be because he's a Black man. I personally get tired of listening to all his BS'ing.

I've never heard anyone that can say so little, with so many words. After he's through speaking your left scratching your head wondering what he just spoke about..

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Conservatives don't need any help in scaring voters, Obama does a great job doing that all on his own.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm not voting for Obama based on the simple fact he has lied over, and over again. Actually he has lied at least 68 times regarding what he will
and won't do. Not to mention who he is and is not.

I couldn't agree with you more Lloyd, Obama is the only one who cries race. Guess that's because it's all he has to run on!

Here's the link, dontvoteobama.net...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I dont see how McCain whining about Liberals this and liberals than proves anything as to why we should vote in Bush third term.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Conservatives don't need any help in scaring voters, Obama does a great job doing that all on his own.

Care to explain this?
Not sure I get what you mean.

He hasn't scared me.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Obama has used this tactic twice already. The race card....ohhhh they are going to scare you because I'm black. The problem is Republicans aren't doing that, and Obama keeps mentioning it. Who is scaring who?

Please read his quote again as he has not said what you are claiming.

Why is it that all of you are focused on what you want to see instead of what he actually said regarding the many fear tactics that are being used all over the internet?

What did Obama ACTUALLY say?

"You know, he's not patriotic enough"

Been done to DEATH on this site. Some of the members responding in this thread have made this claim. Free Republic has attacked him on this, as have the members in a more harsher way than the article writers if you actually read the post responses. Are they all secret supporters of Obama?

"He's got a funny name"

Done. Name has been mocked by conservative radio show hosts repeatedly. His middle name being used in smear mails to claim he hates America, the soldiers, and wont pledge the flag. Are these being sent by Obama?

"you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

Been done. Numerous politicians, writers and others in the spotlight have said the country, the citizens of certain states, and the world is not ready for a Black president. Are they all on the Obama campaign and this is reverse psychology at work?

"They're going to say I'm a risky guy,"

Done. Even I said he has no experience so there is somewhat of a risk involved. FYI: I am not Obama.

Where are you seeing that he is saying it is JUST the race issue? Is this some sort of diversionary tactic to smokescreen the issue he mentioned and have us talk about race instead, or disregard the issues he mentioned by lumping them all together as a "race card" tactic? Nice try. Stay focused. He mentioned quite a few things.

Stop focusing on race here guys.

- Lee

[edit on 1-8-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

Mc Cain said that about obama, obama repeats it in refution, and now is accused of playing the race card. I think the term racebaiting may apply here. Boy, what will everyone say about obama when McCain loses and obama says it's because he can't jump so high.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rightwingnut

Mc Cain said that about obama,

McCain never said that about Obama......

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So what is the racist implications of it? I don't see it no matter who said it. So it wasn't a direct quote, he said that was what McCain thought ,or would say? What? The election could not be racist. Maybe the last name? Explain to me how Obama played the race card with that statement.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Republicans scaring voters with scare tactics?

How about Al Gore and his big movie on inconvenient truth, based on 'facts' that scientists can't even come to a consensus on?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Republicans scaring voters with scare tactics?

How about Al Gore and his big movie on inconvenient truth, based on 'facts' that scientists can't even come to a consensus on?

Oh Democrats use scare tactics as well.
The most certainly do, just not the same topics that republicans use.

However in the case of Obama (especially on this site) I have seen tactics that would definitely fall into the paranoid fringe bin. The attacks on McCain have been mostly about what he has said he do...and there are some like that for Obama...but for the most part they are just off into the deep end. Some of them are just bizarre.

- Lee

top topics

<< 1   >>

join