It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Intel: Iran Plans Nuclear Strike On U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

www.newsmax.com

Iran has carried out missile tests for what could be a plan for a nuclear strike on the United States, the head of a national security panel has warned.

In testimony before the House Armed Services Committee and in remarks to a private conference on missile defense over the weekend hosted by the Claremont Institute, Dr. William Graham warned that the U.S. intelligence community “doesn’t have a story” to explain the recent Iranian tests.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ahh, I can already hear the screams from the war-mongering crowd raining in...The Whitehouse and all of the war-profiteering criminals in congress can smell those paydays just around the corner...

"FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! THREATS! THREATS THREATS!"

Be afraid, be very afraid. Those super aggressive Irani's are plotting out all of our destruction as we speak.

Sadly enough, there will be quite a few who swallow this up this kool-aid hook line and sinker and get taken in by it, just like Iraq.

“The only plausible explanation we can find is that the Iranians are figuring out how to launch a missile from a ship and get it up to altitude and then detonate it,” he said. “And that’s exactly what you would do if you had a nuclear weapon on a Scud or a Shahab-3 or other missile, and you wanted to explode it over the United States.”

The commission warned in a report issued in April that the United States was at risk of a sneak nuclear attack by a rogue nation or a terrorist group designed to take out our nation’s critical infrastructure.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Remember girls and boys... We heard this same bs going into Iraq...

And Iraq had what?? Survey says: NOT A DAMN THING!

Keep that in mind when your voting in the next idiot for president.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You know it's funny...
All they ever say is maybe, could, might, probably, seems to show... nothing with evidence and valid substance as a claim.
It seems that we (ats) need more evidence and valid substance to even think about a claim, then the united states government needs. That just goes to show that the US needs the true People of the united states to choose our actions.

Other wise, we will just let them bark like wolves keeping a group of sheeple in line.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by UnitedSatesofFreemasons]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It's so unlikely that Iran could or would attempt something like this.. It's one thing to launch nuclear weapons from the safety of your own country, it's quite another to move them halfway around the world, undetected, and fire one from a boat to somewhere in the US..

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The only plausible explanation we can find is that the Iranians are figuring out how to launch a missile from a ship and get it up to altitude and then detonate it,” he said.

Yes, of course. That is the ONLY plausible explanation.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I rolled my eyes at this headline.
The headline is misleading and sensationalizing an 'IF or MAY' scenario. No worries DD, I know you copied it from the source. How often does newsmax make large statements like this with only an 'if' or 'could' or 'maybe' to back up the headline? Honest question.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Neaux]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Say what??!!

That is not even possible.
Or plausible.

Or both!

- Lee

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
No No No

You have it all wrong they have the new top secret Ayatollah Khomanei
Missile.

Didnt you know Iran is secretly a nuclear power that has the abilitty to fire this new missile around the world?

That and they developed microwave popcorn!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I call bull.

The US is just trying to hype it up so that there is a percieved 'threat' for them to 'neutralise'. They're just looking for justification to screw up the place.

I always love that no matter how many nukes the US has or tests, or whatever, it's always 'ok!' and totally justified. Anyone else even shows signs of building them though? They're dangerous scum that needs to be stopped.

I'd love nothing more than for the removal of these weapons from every country, but god the US is a hypocritical country!

Anyway, any excuse to go to war with them eh? No never mind that they're fully entitled to protect themselves from invasion or war, because whenever the US goes in it makes up special rules.

I'd love to see it from another point of view. If anyone even THOUGHT of invading the US, how the citizens would be instantly rambling about retaliation, nuking the invading country and all that. When the shoe is on the other foot though nobody cares.

Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
America is "good." Islam and the Middle East is "bad." Gotta love stereotypes that are shoved down the throats of all Americans which cause them to believe such things. Nothing is ever black and white in this world.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Such BS.

Is Bush still the president? yawwwwnnnnn.....

I cant wait to see that band of criminals gone- even a new band of criminals would be welcome now.

.8 years of this same crap is just waaay too much to deal with.

I just hope these are not "The good old days"........

If they are, i want out.

Aint it ironic they call it "INTELLIGENCE?"

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I agree with you all, still I am not at ease when I sometimes think of how gullible some of us in US are and the momentum to try and underhandedly pull some kind of diplomacy that would bring us into another Eastern confrontation.I want to suppose the present govt. has learned something about their errors by now.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What is sad is that the rest of the world is not like ATS. There are a lot of people that will read this article and it will solidify their resolve to bomb Iran. "See, they want to nuke us!" Even though, months ago they weren't even enriching uranium and were YEARS away from even being capable of attempting to make a bomb. Now all of the suddent they are planning on putting one on a boat and floating it over here to launch at us?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Iran is a third world backward nation who hasn't mastered nuclear energy let alone nuclear bombs.

I think this is a Hegelian Dialectic in the making.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Condi and her mushroom cloud waiting to unfold all over again.
GWB infamous quotes: 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and, and , and, um, you never fool us again'.
We are being primed people. I think a strike is inevitable.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
ah the road to eldorado.

a wonderful poem, death sends the bold knight riding into the darkness with the foolish hope that he is close to eldorado. Pretty much the same thing here. except our eldorado is "peace" and our death is the rulers of this country. And with the word that our eldorado is close we will ride into the darkness with death laughing at us as we do.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Great article, this guy is in intellligence? It really is an oxymoron.

If they did not already have the idea, he just wrote the optimal scenario for them!

What a jerk. If they do it we should send his butt to Gitmo for treason as the author of the plan.

Since I cannot accept that anyone would be so stupid, no doubt we are being primed. Now we know our own govt will nuke us into the stoneage, just so they can have another war with eager participants.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'll give it this... If Bush would have just all along told the truth about the WHY behind all of this (without getting into one of my long diatribes about it)

A: I think the American people would have supported it... the real reasons are better than the fake ones were by a mile

B: We wouldn't be in this position where "the boy who cried wolf syndrome" would end up applying...

sorry but... there are people in the world alot worse than Bush and be it Iran or someone else the cats out of the bag...who knows who NK or Pakistan sold weapons too or where some of the old soviet nukes are...

Off a ship, in a box, up the arse of a circus elephant... who knows...

Ther real reasons for this, securing the oil and WHY what it means to not have saddam out... what it means if Chinas growth slows... why the taliban were a threat to that...

Honesty... wouldn't have been as bad as this where now... nothing they say is taken seriously and there are nuts who would love to start ww3...

The whole thing, I don't think the towers were a complete setup, but it's obvious they used explosives to bring them down...

another lie... and why? people couldn't handle knowing some buildings are set to blow to save lives....

Sad thing is... that's all i think the scandal of 9-11 was... people like to dig deep. But that's about what it was or could have been... if they fell sideways NY was SH F'd...

And they had to lie... because they treat people like idiots...

So simple... "We need to pipe oil to china from saudi arabia and India too, without their economic growth sustained the whole world is economically screwed including us"

I yell in here about "the real reason alot"

But I have to give it up...the real reason was alot better and makes more sense than the fake ones... Millions and Millions will starve if shipping food goes through the roof... WW3 could start if China competes too heavy for oil in our hemisphere...

it stinks.. but it's true... 1 Million Iraqis vs 50 Million Africans... hard choice but I understand my leaders might need to make choices like that... so do most people...

The Plane they shot down... why deny it? It was the right thing to do?

The whole conspiracy is.. it's not even a conspiracy just a bunch of moronic lies created because they thought we couldn't handle the hard truths...

so now everyone thinks it's all evil...

and what can they do to avert a real tradgedy... what If Iran really is aiming at a box car with a nuke in it on a boat?

NO one will believe them... it will be like we are Nazi germany...and lol i'm 100% certain they are not...

It was about Oil... it's awful to fight over it but... a saddam did need to be out of the way to assure the flow or the whole world will suffer... innocents everywhere...

we are past peak oil... one screw up prior to us and china and europe building an alternative system and say hello to the dark ages... lol, literally in many places...

Just because the truth stinks didn't mean they had to lie or even change the course of action...

The sad thing is, when a Nuke does go off now..and lol, it will, people will say we deserved it and really we did what was the best course of action... If they were honest... most people wouldn't feel that way...

some people would say "never go to war for oil" but there is...there is a rational argument for their actions... it could be respectfully debated, No one can escape the reality that if an Iraq or Iran dealt with a Kuwait or burnt the fields fighting each other...right now... or even held it hostage entirely. It could cause the deaths of as many people as ww2 did in a year...from something worse than bombs... starvation.

Imagine if America was truely blackmailed in the next 20 years, Lets say Iraq/Iran had another war and Iran won and goobled them and kuwait and laid some bombs on the saudis...

and then no corn grows because the tractors have no fuel for 3 months...

not even an extreme scenario.. one lost grow season in the states and canada and australia would be the deaths of millions and millions of people ...and the the bodies and then the disease starts... Africas already ripe with disease... wouldn't take much straw to break the camels back...

So... why lie? at all?

This is the one place I have to concede the argument on this administration... I don't think what they are doing is wrong, nor the reasons for it... the 1st world can't fall to the level of the 3rd world... EVEN IF we could have acted sooner to avoid that possibility...

But... damn, what a reaction and hysteria because of the lies and bs stories about every aspect of this... the things people invent and believe when the truth is absent... everything i see in here says to me, the imagination is alot worse than reality and telling the truth should be paramount...

If Bush was smart, he would just fess the whole story...probably wouldn't get impeached even... just say it... "look I was under advisement...here are the reasons, I believe I acted in the best interests of the long term survival of the world, I was led to believe that it would be a security risk to tell all the facts, I am going to disclose everything, your not going to wait 30 years or longer wondering... not trusting your govt...we shot down the plane...for good reason, we blew the towers...for good reason, we needed to make sure the oil flowed to asia in order to prevent ww3, I made a mistake listening to the politicos.... blah, blah, blah..."

Here's the whole mistake, thing is it's still salvageable if the guy would just get up prior to November and say it straight and have the guts and say... I lied, it was protocol, I disagree I want to come clean to America and the world are reasons were just... here is why

and just talk to the world like we all aren't a bunch of tards...

and honestly... I think and believe the guy is the kind of guy who would kind of like to... But he remembers what happened to Kennedy and he knows what it means to the leaders of China and Saudi arabia as well.. and what the reprecussions might be.

Sort of situation that makes you wonder why anyone would want to leader of any nation...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
OK, so what is the great benefit of a nuke going off in our airspace and EMPing us into the stoneage?

So we will get off our fat lazy rumps and do the right thing for Africa?

Get a grip! Bush the international altruist is not even suitable for a farce.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join