It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Houston Doctors Cracked the AIDS Virus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Have Houston Doctors Cracked the AIDS Virus?

blogs.houstonpress.com

Per the UPI, word is filtering out of the scientific press that a trio of pathologists led by Dr. Sudhir Paul at the University of Texas Medical School here in Houston has pinpointed the Achilles Heel of the virus that causes AIDS.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sciencedaily.com
publicaffairs.uth.tmc.edu

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The vulnerable spot is hidden in a protein essential for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, the virus that causes Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, to attach to host cells, the university said in a release.

Finally some good news about curing it rather than billions of dollars going into treating it.

An HIV vaccine doesn't exist because HIV is a mutating virus.

I didn't know that. That sounds like the log line to a horror flick.

"Unlike the changeable regions of its envelope, HIV needs at least one region that must remain constant to attach to cells. If this region changes, HIV cannot infect cells," said Paul, a pathology professor at the UT Medical School.

Sounds like a plan.

"The next step is to confirm our theory in human clinical trials."

I'm sure they will find many test patients. Imagine what this would do to the likes of say... AFRICA?

I have my fingers crossed for amazing results!

AAC

blogs.houstonpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
good find Im routing for them along with the world. Its about time America gets back to being a leader in something.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Anything is possible.

How much proof is needed before we believe.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
That's good somebody is actually trying to bring the cure forward being we had it for years, but the dark scientists down in the basements won't tell you that.

The virus has served its purpose, and now that the medical field and population know its effect they can do away with it, because now its imprinted into the set reality as possible to get. You don't even need the virus or the vaccine that distributed it, because some psychosomatic things are created.

This is how somethings are just created through a thoughtform and a plan you plant it into the media and now you have wildfire ailments everywhere because one cell in the human body of humanity has gotten it, now its possible to get. They give you a definition with a cause and effect and now its sign sealed and delivered into the Global Consciousness.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Oh man... just wait till this is cured.

I can see the new sexual revolution now.

I bet the birth rate increases too because less people will be concerned about contracting HIV.

Too bad my brother didn't live to see this as a possibility.

Someone else mentioned the effect it will have on Africa. Oh Goodness! I'm so glad to see this day.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Reminds me of how special carageenans in Red Marine Algae ( gigartina skottsbergii ) stops viruses from attaching by temporarily changing the texture of the cell membrane so virus can't attach.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Let's see how many decades pass before this becomes available, and if it ever even comes out, it would be a pure miracle.

Im sure some illuminati funded company will be buying this science and hiding it along wih anti-gravity, cars that run on water, and other secrets that most think are impossible.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
^ I somewhat understand hiding anti-gravity and cars that run on water. But hiding a cure, that would probably bring them (assuming they are in charge of everything) millions... Umm, no.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I sincerely hope it's not too good to be true or that if something comes of it, it isn't priced out of the orbit of the average citizen - much like other treatments.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
WHY is everyone so concerned with Africa?

It has been a cesspool and money pit every since the Europeans pulled out. While a cure for aids would be AWSOME, it will not even come close to solving the issues on that continent.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
WHY is everyone so concerned with Africa?

It has been a cesspool and money pit every since the Europeans pulled out. While a cure for aids would be AWSOME, it will not even come close to solving the issues on that continent.

Because AIDS is so prevalent there.

Don't you realize that if your neighbors backyard is full of trash, YOU will get roaches?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

That's good somebody is actually trying to bring the cure forward being we had it for years, but the dark scientists down in the basements won't tell you that.

Do you know how many viruses modern medicine can cure?

None. Zero. Not even the common cold -- rhinovirus. The human immune system can eventually create antibodies to some and rid the system of a virus. There are others that inerted virus can be introduced to the human system so it can create antibodies BEFORE infection -- that is how polio was beaten, although there are still countries in which it has not been erradicated...

- (from WHO) Since the launch of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, the number of polio cases worldwide has decreased from 350,000 cases in 1988 to 784 cases in 2003
1. World Health Organization (WHO). Polio eradication: now more than ever, stop polio forever. Available at: www.who.int... Accessed March 22, 2005. 2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Progress toward global eradication of poliomyelitis, January 2003 – April 2004.MMWR. 2004;52:532-535.

I think it's somewhat absurd to say that the cure for HIV/AIDS has been in some government dungeon for years. I'm just curious, and willing to learn, willing to change my view in the face of sufficient evidence. D'you happen to have any?

To the OP..... excellent thread, some good news for a change -- we can all use some in light of the somewhat dismal world picture. Very hopeful news.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by argentus]

[edit on 30-7-2008 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Very encouraging and what a blessing if this becomes true. Unfortunately Kissinger and his Bilderberg cronies will just look at their shelves of inventory to introduce the next age of biological demolition warfare.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Great Post AAC

I find this extremely interesting since I am currently transfecting cells with HIV as we speak.

We are working with a company that is currently working on a vaccine and possible cure.

So glad to hear this.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just another guesstimation in the long line of remedies, cures etc. Its nothing until it works.

Sit back and wait a decade for results. tick tock..

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Leave it to Houston to lead the charge. As usual. (thats my hometown and I'm proud of it
)

I hope this is truly leads to a cure. Although I know a new, stronger virus will coincidently follow, you know, because "nature" hates us sooo much that it would introduce a new experiment, it is still good to rid ourselves of this population control disease.

I wonder if we would even know about it had it not been approved for release by the creators of the HIV/AIDS virus? That would seem to indicate they have something else up their sleeve.

Anyway, this is great news!

[edit on 7/30/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I hope this is the real and they will be successful in creating a cure. That is if the big drug companies let them...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Thanks Kleverone! That's a cool uniform. "I've found the cure for the plague of the twentieth century but now I'v lost it." - Sean Connery

AAC

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
the real question is why do so many monkeys and animals have aids in africa

top topics

<<   2 >>

join