It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another NASA employee comes forward - 8-9 Foot Alien Sighted

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
silver6ix: If you're suggesting that Edgar Mitchell was paid to lie about NASA knowing of aliens, please explain how that benefits anyone at all. I am trying to understand how it is something realistic.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MONEYMUFFINS

You have a good point there. One i cannot answer at all. Why keep it a secret????

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MONEYMUFFINS

Dr Edgar Mitchell is asscociated with the X-Files franchise, not myth, not dis information, not coverup, just plain and simple fact, he has worked for the X-Files for some time and it has never been a great secret.

His "disclosure" on conspiracy and cover up was timed right at the moment that the X-Files were preparing to release the latest film to the cinema. What am I suggesting? That Mitchells disclosure had less to do with aliens and far more to do with stirring up interest in conspiracy theory before the box office release of the film.

Anyone willing to disgard that simple fact which is undeiably suspect should question their own motives. Of all the time this gentleman has had to disclose information and "come clean" he picks the moment before the release of an X-Files movie having been involved as a consultant with them for some considerable time? Please, Mitchell is no fool and id take his word with an extreme pinch of salt.

Maybe he was telling the truth, we will never know, but we can safely assume he did time the disclosure conveniently for the realse of the X-Files and that doesnt require any investigation to find out. Its common knowledge he works for the franchise.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks. Based only on what I've read, I simply interpret his association with X-Files as a promotion for people to take a closer look into conspiracy theories. This in itself is fine, so I don't necessarily think his disclosure should be seen as suspicious just because it was done at the same time of film release. Also, because I don't know him, I can only wonder if he did that because he genuinely felt it was most appropriate as the film would naturally raise interest for a moment about conspiracy anyway.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Actually he works for them, hes an advisor who helped them with information regarding the writing of the show, for example authenticity of the shots and various other things.

There was nothing clandestine in the job, most shows have paid experts advising them and providing feedback on their research and writing stuff.

Its not like he was involved in conspiracy theories before that point. he was a paid advisor in the capacity many TV shows and films use, a professinal hired to help them create more "realistic" fiction.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
If i was in their situation and feared for my safety, my family's safety. I would wait until i was old and gray before i spilled the beans. Only seems logical to me.

Only problem I have with that is.., even if you yourself are old and grey, and are willing to throw your own safety on the line because you're in your "twilight years", it would still leave the safety of your family hanging in the wind.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
Anyone willing to disgard that simple fact which is undeiably suspect should question their own motives. Of all the time this gentleman has had to disclose information and "come clean" he picks the moment before the release of an X-Files movie having been involved as a consultant with them for some considerable time? Please, Mitchell is no fool and id take his word with an extreme pinch of salt.

Well your point is kind of moot as this is not the first time Dr. Mitchell speaks out.

He has been saying this atleast since 1996...

[edit on 17/10/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The fact that so many respectable people, astronauts ex NASA workers, pilots etc have come forward, shows that there must be some truth in this.

As for the argument that the website linked is "tacky", it doesn´t matter, most major news networks and big websites are controlled.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The biggest problem with these kind of disclosures is that they are disclosed years or even decades after the event.. The World has moved on since this event and the truths sadly have been very carefully submerged/controlled that make these kinds of disclosers hard to accept for today's generation of *sheltered* people.

Without any concrete proof, these disclosures are naturally treated with scepticism by the media and ultimately ordinary people since they rarely have any concrete proof to back up their claims. What constitutes as proof anyway?.

Only when our respective governments 'officially' come out and tell the world these 'aliens' exist will such disclosures like these be given the credit they deserve.

For the record, I am not a sceptic but a believer in Extraterrestrials that are not from this planet.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

Originally posted by silver6ix

Well your point is kind of moot as this is not the first time Dr. Mitchell speaks out.

He has been saying this atleast since 1996...

[edit on 17/10/08 by Fastwalker81]

Yes, and when was the Xfiles Unopened files released? 1996.

I think you will find if you research a little further Ed Mitchells timing is very suspect isnt it?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

This story had me until I read one of the statements he made...

"I am ready to tell my story, but, for compensation."

So, here we have another story...no photos or hard evidence...a story. Another crackpot(IMO) wanting money. I won't read any farther.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On that B-2 ion sheath photo: the leading edge is reportedly ionized to reduce drag pressure along the leading edge. But when you reduce pressure there you concomitantly increase pressure just up and slightly away from that. If you increase pressure on moist sea air (see the breakers just below) it will cause condensation of moisture, won't it? The whap of increased pressure-and-condensation might just look like the photo---a vapor above and below, also inducted into the crescent space behind the B-2. You don't see electrical or plasma ions, but you do see the secondary effects under some circumstances. --George LoBuono, author of Alien Mind, free to read at www.alienmindbook.org

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens

Just another eye witness to an Alien, there are thousands of them out there myself included. Nothing shocks me anymore, he talks about the REAL X-FILES and I'm sure that is going on! ET's are here like he says and they have been here but I do not expect the skeptics to take this seriously they will only learn for themselves the truth based upon so called "Undeniable proof' if that ever comes for them.

NASA and SETI are coverups yet everyone takes their words to be fact. Funny how the skeptics believe everything NASA & SETI have to say. They have been covering up aliens, ufo's and airbrushing things from the very begining. (In saying this I'm referring to those in the coverup not every worker for NASA or SETI is in the loop.) Disclosure is not meant for the entire world nor will it come. It's not about are we ready to accept that they are here, it's not about us it's about them and it's bigger than anyone can imagine.

Well said!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I've read about half the pages in this now and I feel its probably enough because the recurring themes are giving me a head-ache.

I'd like to make a few comments about this whole affair, regardless of the veracity of whatever this man purportedly wants to publish. Some of these points will seem to favour Mr McClellands claims others will not.

This man certainly has the documentation to prove that he was linked with the space-programme although I can't find any proof that relates him to the posts that he claims to have held, that said, the autographed photos (if authentic) do imply that the astronauts regarded him as an ScO. If these could be verified from those astronauts then it could be said that he has a credible history. Furthermore if the people he lists would be willing to provide character witness then he would be a credible person. Contrary to this however is the terms of the cessation of his employment and the consequent loss of whatever pension he may or may not have been due. Here I will provide minimal background about myself.

I work in a highly-regarded aerospace firm, as part of which I was required to sign a National Secrets declaration. As part of that contract, one which Mr McClelland would likely have similarly signed, if I was to disclose any information to anybody to whom it was not privy (including other people in the firm) in the smallest detail, I would almost certainly lose my job and any future employment reference that goes with it making me effectively unemployable. It would also void the terms of my employment and pensions contract hence forfeiting my right to a pension.

I can only surmise that Mr McClellands employment was terminated on grounds similar to this, where a perceived breach of this contract voided his rights to pension and ruined his chances for future employment in his field. Since minor infractions are normally overlooked when done by minor players it could be assumed that Mr McClelland was in a position of responsibilty such that no infraction was acceptable implying that he held enough knowledge that it's disclosure would have serious ramifications for NASA.

With his character discredited on a coorprate level Mr McClelland would have had great difficulty finding an outlet for this information once he was no longer in employment. Not least because the government has deep pockets and strong retribution. It would take a journalist who wanted to commit career suicide (not to mention editor, publisher) to provide an outlet for information that the government really doesn't want heard (assuming that is the case here).

In terms of the material he has, it is certainly interesting and i don't see why people find a single apparently 9' being so hard to deal with regardless of its origins. I'd be more surprised if he said 2 Astronauts where having a conference with twenty half-foot beings in the loading bay, The contraption in the background? it could be extraterestrial, it could be from a different space agency it could be any number of things. Just because you sign National Secrets, it just means you cant talk about the things you know about, it doesn't mean you get to learn the rest of it. On that basis alone I'd say that there is nothing ridiculous about his story.

Actually I think that rather than attempt to forward all his info as a UFO story, he should publish a biography about his life and meetings with the remarkable people he claims to have met. I'd buy it, not many people will have been in a position to enounter the people in his story, let alone share information with them. Hell I spend half my time figuring out what secret research was done and forgotten during the Cold War and some people would love to hear what I know and that isn't much!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
McClelland told me via email that he knew Dr. Wernher Von Braun, and one day at White Sands Proving Grounds (I believe that's where he said it was), McClelland decided to ask Von Braun what he knew about Roswell. Von Braun lit a cigarette and said he saw the wreckage and bodies. Hmmm........

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Oh and in terms of "why keep it a secret"

Well firstly as previously mentioned I doubt he could find an oultet for his ifno. Secondly, it is highly probable that in the course of validating any information he has to give he would have to give more names, and that would force other people still with NASA pensions or payrolls to talk about what he has said, potentially jeopardizing them. Not that they would, nor would I, I'd keep scthum and keep getting my pay-check thank you very much, regardless of however much a friend this person might have been I need to eat. Furthermore the wrath of higher powers is likely to increase exponentially with greater involvement so as previously stated by others he would not just be jeopardizing his family and their future employment, but oter families and friends of his as well. Indeed if the perceived threat of the release of this information was great enough I do not doubt that lives would be at stake.
I wander if perhaps he doesn't threaten to release this data perhaps to get some compensation from the government, while in denial that they clearly hold the upper hand.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
if i remeber this correctly it was a fake.
a friend of mine at nasa gave me a copy of the images that are claimed to be the alien in the spaceshuttle bay. it wasnt convincing.
i will see if i can dig them out for you. it may take some time as i have many terabytes of data to check.

optyk.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by solo1

I'm not saying I believe this or not; i'm withholding judgment here.

But I really wish that some people would get over the idea that evreybody over some arbitrary age is senile. I remember Eisonhower as POTUS, and I can still tie my shoes; thank you very much.

Decide on a case by case basis, not as a blanket indictment of everyone past your own limited horizon.

And yes, in case you're too immature to figure it out, I'm posting not as a moderator, but as an "old" member. Deciding someone's "worth" as a witness based on age is no different than saying because someone is black, they must be of lower IQ. Or because someone is from Latin America they must be backward. Or that because someone lacks a PHD they must be a liar.

This person deserves the same respect you would want.

OK. I guess we will have to ignore that facts that old people ARE prone to senility, and yes, many of the people in latin america, whom are reporting a lot of UFO stories, are, in fact, quite backward.

And, just because somebody WANTS respect, does not almost mean they DESERVE respect.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudySkye
I work in a highly-regarded aerospace firm, as part of which I was required to sign a National Secrets declaration. As part of that contract, one which Mr McClelland would likely have similarly signed, if I was to disclose any information to anybody to whom it was not privy (including other people in the firm) in the smallest detail, I would almost certainly lose my job and any future employment reference that goes with it making me effectively unemployable. It would also void the terms of my employment and pensions contract hence forfeiting my right to a pension.

Well well.
I came across another plea of his, this time, for donations because NASA fired his a**.

See www.thelivingmoon.com...

my Space Program Retirement was DENIED TO ME!!
I lost the $$ I had, lost my family, my son, died at age 19, my wife divorced me, I lost our home, I was not able to find a job paying over $4.25 hour, My beloved parents were devistated. That and MUCH more.
I am asking those that are rich, famous, like Rock Stars, Movie Stars, Bill Gates, all who have enough $$ for ten life times, PLEASE HELP ME!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by clevengercm

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens

Just another eye witness to an Alien, there are thousands of them out there myself included. Nothing shocks me anymore, he talks about the REAL X-FILES and I'm sure that is going on! ET's are here like he says and they have been here but I do not expect the skeptics to take this seriously they will only learn for themselves the truth based upon so called "Undeniable proof' if that ever comes for them.

NASA and SETI are coverups yet everyone takes their words to be fact. Funny how the skeptics believe everything NASA & SETI have to say. They have been covering up aliens, ufo's and airbrushing things from the very begining. (In saying this I'm referring to those in the coverup not every worker for NASA or SETI is in the loop.) Disclosure is not meant for the entire world nor will it come. It's not about are we ready to accept that they are here, it's not about us it's about them and it's bigger than anyone can imagine.

Well said!

Agreed ....

Take a look up at the stars....there are lots visable to the naked eye ..yes?

Now take a look at that dark area between the stars....the hubble has reportly found the same amount of suns , gallaxys in these dark areas .

Astronomers estimate that we see 50-100 billion galaxies in the universe. Most are relatively small, irregular shaped or small ellipticals, but there are billions of galaxies as big as ours, or much larger. For example, the large elliptical galaxy in the center of our next-door neighbor (modest sized) supercluster of galaxies, the Virgo supercluster, is called M-87. It contains 1.3 trillion solar masses, the equivalent of 1.3 trillion suns. The Milky Way is only about a fifth that massive, or less. But if you like big galaxies, the Milky Way and Andromeda will merge in about 2.5-3 billion years. Scientists used to say it would be 3.5 billion years before the merger, but last week a new estimate by researchers shows the Milky Way to be almost a massive as the Andromeda galaxy, meaning the two will be drawn to each other more rapidly.

Think about that for a moment......now to say that there is no such thing as ETs / aliens and that we earth humans are all the only ( intelligent) "lol" beings is being a tad naive dont you think?

Time for humanity to wake up from our deep sleep and to admit to ourseleves that no...we are not alone and boot out the sorry excuses we have leading this planet and the cover ups they have perpertrated .

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join