It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess who protected Obama in Afghanistan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
BLACKWATER!

www.usnews.com...

Sen. Barack Obama has not been a fan of private police like Blackwater in war zones, and some news outlets even reported that they were spurned for his trip last week to Afghanistan and Iraq. But Whispers confirms that Blackwater did handle the Democratic presidential candidate's security in Afghanistan and helped out in Iraq. What's more, Obama was overheard saying: "Blackwater is getting a bad rap." Since everything appeared to go swimmingly, maybe he will take firms like Blackwater out of his sights, the company's supporters hope.

Not what he was saying several months ago.....

www.swamppolitics.com...

IOWA CITY –Sen. Barack Obama charged today that a private security firm operating in Iraq has acted "with reckless disregard to Iraqi life," as he called his proposals to better monitor such contractors the toughest reforms offered by any candidate in the presidential race.

Another Flip-Flop? Or just Obama realizing that he needed the best to protect his butt?

[edit on 29-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
blackwater defends all these new world order globalist goons, so this isnt suprising at all.

i do take enjoyment in the hypocracy though.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I wonder how many times Erik Prince considered dropping Barak Hussein Obama off in the wrong area.

Funny as Hell that he isn't for them, but will accept their protection.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Just when I thought I couldn't laugh any harder at Hypocrisy 2008!!! Someone warn me when the Black Panthers protect McCain, then it will surely be the Apocalypse and I will apologize for any 2012 spouter I laughed at

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The MSM doesn't seem to want anything to do with this? Heck I haven't even heard too much about it in the alternate media/

This story is the epitomy of hyprocracy. Too bad it won't be covered.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I've got a question. Where did Obama say, "I need Blackwater to protect me"? From what I read in that partisan piece he didn't have anything good to say about them. Did he or his staff set up the security?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Reply to Intrepid:

That is a good question! There is not much being reported on this. It would make Obama look bad, and that might be the reason for the non-report.

Blackwater is a private company, so someone had to hire them.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Obama is a liar, just like every politician... It's the same around the world.

The only politician I've ever really liked is Ron Paul. Wish we had someone like him here in Norway to set this country straight.

So back on topic, I'm not surprised Obama flip flopped, just about every other candidate has as well.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I'm actually more surprised that he didn't hire Al Qaeda for protection

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Funny you should mention that ..

According to security officials coordinating deployments of forces with the PA for Obama's Ramallah visit, members of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, Fatah's declared military wing, have been called upon by the PA to participate in the protection of Obama, particularly in securing the perimeter during a scheduled meeting with PA President Mahmoud Abbas.

The Brigades is listed as a terror organization by the U.S. State Department. The group took credit along with the Islamic Jihad terror organization for every suicide bombing in Israel between 2005 and 2006 and is responsible for thousands of shootings and rocket firings. Statistically, the Al Aqsa Brigades perpetuated more terrorism from the West Bank than Hamas, according to the Israeli Defense Forces.

www.wnd.com...

top topics

join