It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Predictions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hi, here's 5 "Predictions" I came up with.
1. The Landcape Of The Future City: The standard boxy skyscrapers we are all familiar with will be replaced with designs that look like shards of crystal--transparent, asymmetrical, almost organic-looking. The WTC memorial tower/site is a good template of what these future buildings will look like. The structure of these new buildings will have a hidden function other than mere aesthetics--think "crystals."
2. Fugitive Superstar: If this celebrity gets convicted & sentenced to jail--or if he thinks he's very likely to be convicted--he will either flee the country with his kids, or do something else. Whatever he does, he will feel it is justified because he is living in his own sense of reality and nothing can violate that.
3. 2012: In 2012, our idea of "reality as we know it" will be severely challenged. To the more inflexible people out there, who cannot accept a reality other than that of the status quo, this will be tantamount to the "end of the world." The 2 groups who will be most psychologically unscathed by this occurrence will be some of the current crop of mystics/new-agers/psychics/shamans/the generally open-minded & dogma-free and children (who are being born with the ability to anticipate & process this new reality or realities).
4. The Paper Libraries: Books, dvds, and other individual media will become obsolete and phased out in favor of storing them all on hard-drives & the internet--and this phasing-out will eventually happen at the major libraries as well. However, the more foward-looking (or distrustful? or both?) citizens out there, visualizing the complications of such a total reliance on the intangible ether of the Net and computer chips, will start building libraries of their own filled with "hard copies." Both individuals and groups will construct and maintain these "Paper Libraries" -- and in the more distant future such collections will be of tremendous importance.
5. The New Religions: A very well-known psychic will head her own religion, a la L Ron Hubbard (by this comparison I mean no implied value judgement). The leap from being psychics and new age gurus to leaders of sects and religions will be more and more common, especially as we get closer to 2012--'cause everybody's gonna want a piece of that pie (which is exactly the wrong attitude to bring into this, but that's human nature I guess). Also, some of these psychics/gurus--especially those who truly have amazing abilities--will fall into the "2012" religious fever & believe that each of them are the true "prophets." What we will see is that the New Age "mainstream" will become more and more dogmatic, necessitating a new New Age movement to counter it.

Well, that's it. Flame away.

oba

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

3. 2012: In 2012, our idea of "reality as we know it" will be severely challenged. To the more inflexible people out there, who cannot accept a reality other than that of the status quo, this will be tantamount to the "end of the world." The 2 groups who will be most psychologically unscathed by this occurrence will be some of the current crop of mystics/new-agers/psychics/shamans/the generally open-minded & dogma-free and children (who are being born with the ability to anticipate & process this new reality or realities).

hi cassie clay.
I'd like to ask you about this one.
is it to do with Mayan prophecy?
I'd agree that being unscathed would depend on your ability to 1) adopt a flexible lifestyle, easily & 2) appreciate or be able to live simply without freaking out too much.
but yes there's many subtle facotrs there that will come into play, and test people, and I'm sure the ones who are prepared mentally will fare much better.

outside factors can't be predicted so accurately, but being informed is probably a personal duty now, which is why alternative news sites with a wider perspective are going to be empowering, compared to, say the usual CNN and AP and CBS so on ... (which look a lot like brainwashing in some sense ..) (create news, package it into digestable bytes, and market it ..) belch.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Those predictions are very interesting. Actually, if you think of it, they are pure common sense based on what we already know. Kind of like a 'seer' can extrapolate the future by watching current trends. I can see nothing at all wrong with any of them, so no flaming from me.

To give my own slant on them:

Much has been said about the powers of crystal and obviously the larger the better. What could be more powerful than a whole 'crystal' building - or even a crystal city. I seem to remember reading somewhere about the NWO planning to tap into the earth energies by building such things - and the design of the new WTC building fits right in.

The futugive superstar has to be Michael Jackson. Unless he has bought up a lot of law enforcement officers and judges, its unlikely he will get an easy sentence if found guilty. Given that, he will run.

2012 - yes, something is going to happen. The Mayan calendar ends then (and assumedly if they had survived, the would have written the next one). Definitely some earth changing event.

Paper Libraries - I love books. The fact that I can take one wherever I want without worrying if the battery will run out (I have no time for PDAs for that very reason). I love the feel of the paper and the smell of a new book. And don't even get me started on the old manuscripts.
Yes, most books will be tranferred to HDD or CD but there will still be a market for 'real' books.

We have already saw an influx of new religions. (or 'Old' ones based on ancient pagan precepts). So that too is more of a future-extrapolation.

Only 8 more years and we'll see if you were right

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
great predictions! don't just expect to be flamed, people here on ATS are, for the most part, openminded to new ideas. and even those who seem like they arn't, really may be, and they just want more information.

where did you get the ideas for these predictions?

1. i have no idea what the WTC memorial is to look like, perhaps you could provide a picture or link of sorts, please?

2. i agree with pisky. if it is michael jackson, he'll run. oh, by the way, watch out for the poster Quest for Safety on this topic...

3. is the 2012 from the mayan calendar, or somewhere else? also, what do you think will cause this change?

4. i would be one building one of those. actually, i kind of already am. i have about 2,000 science fiction novels that i'm in the process of cataloging. plus, i can't stand e-books.

as for dvds, i love them. if they get phased out i'll be sad. also, to store movies on harddrives would take up a conserable amount of space, i would think.

5. *prays to miss cleo shrine* just kidding.
what spurred this prediction as well?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the friendly and well-thought-out posts. You certainly make a newbie feel welcome to the Board.

(I don't like using the real names of people in predictions because I just feel uncomfortable about it. I know some of it is obvious, anyway, but I'm just weird that way)

oba,
yes, the 2012 stuff does involve the Mayan prophecies, in a sense. You're right in that it will take more than simply an open mind to deal with the changes. I don't think the changes will happen immediately, as in a single event, but it is something that will sneak up on people over a period of time--and that it has probably already begun its "sneaking up" process and that it'll culminate in 2012. And those with very fixed views of the way reality is supposed to be just won't be able to deal with it at all. I'm reminded of Stephen King's novel IT where one character, Stanley Uris, so can't deal with a challenge to his reality that he slashes his wrists in the bathtub. I think there might be a number of Stanley Urises. And organized religion will react to this Change in a very unproductive way as well, I'm afraid. There is a very good comic book called Promethea whose latest couple of issues on "the change" really resonates with me and they might interest you.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
Thanks for the friendly and well-thought-out posts. You certainly make a newbie feel welcome to the Board.

it is always nice to feel welcome. hope you stick around, unlike some people who join and never post! if you need any help, feel free to shoot me a u2u. and i still consider myself a newbie. i've only been on ATS for like a month or so.

(I don't like using the real names of people in predictions because I just feel uncomfortable about it. I know some of it is obvious, anyway, but I'm just weird that way)

don't worry about it, i would think. celebrities are just household names. now, if you were to say jack smith of 6257 first street, that may be a problem.

also, interesting and informative follow-up to oba's questioning. i agree that it would be something sneaking up on us. also, i think that the major governments of the world may be aware to what is going on to some extent. there IS an asteroid after all that will come precariously close to the earth in 2012.

EDIT: fixed some craptastic grammer.

[Edited on 3/12/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
CmdrKeenKid,

Here's a link to the new WTC designs that will help you visualize "The City Of Tomorrow": www.september11news.com...
Very "Planet Krypton" looking, isn't it?
The new cities will also have double-tier sidewalks; you know, like a bunk-bed. This will help conserve space.

There is a very well-known psychic that I've always idolized; I really do think she has real ability. I also thought she was very humble and ethical. And then one day I saw her on a talk show and she just seemed...changed. Like there was something calculating and cold about her; this really freaked me out. So I checked out her website again, and it had info on a "sect" she was starting...it wasn't exactly called a "sect", but it had all the makings of one. And the whole thing kinda bothered me. And it got me on an intuitive jag and that's how I came up with that.

I come up with these predictions as a combo of 4 things: 1)intuition, 2)educated guess/common sense, 3)imagination, and 4)dream material.

2012 will be quite a time. But we get through it. I know, because my intuitions and dream material has info on events happening after that date. I mean--banal stuff. If we are capable as a society of still being able to produce banal stuff, we'll be ok (gosh that sounds stupid). An asteroid almost hitting us would certainly force a lot of "changes" on the populace, though, wouldn't it?

Actually, one thing to keep in mind: the biggest dangers we face whenever we hit any "fated" dates, such as 911 anniversaries, 1999, 2012, etc is from those who so deeply believe in their doomsday predictions that they would like to bring it about themselves so as to affirm their own faith. And that is a danger coming from extreme sects of both organized religion and "new age" religion.

Boy, I'm light-hearted, aren't I? Time to log off...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Actually, I must be one of the few who are actually looking forward to 2012
Things are obviously coming to a head now with all the NWO stuff. I have a feeling that they are going to regret what they are doing.

Can you tell us who the psychic is you mentioned ? - I am intrigued. Of course I understand if you prefer not to. Maybe you can put it RATS when you get enough points to join.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Cassie Clay... thanks for the link. that is really neat, and as you said, "planet krypton" looking. as for everything else, thanks for the follow up info.

pisky... i would have to agree that i'm looking forward to it as well. a lot of major, drastic changes need to happen in the world.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Pisky, Cmdrkeenkid: I agree with both of you. 2012 is nothing to dread, but to look forward to. We as a society can't keep travelling down the road we're travelling, in terms of everything: the environment, health care, war, inhumanity towards other people, etc. And there are too many iron-clad status-quo mechanisms put in place to arrest development in these areas. We need a bigger change, and the most effective change will come spontaneously from within multitudes of individual people.

2012 is going to be like this: Once I had a severe allergic reaction to a medicine prescribed by my doctor. I ended up on the floor, having a seizure, unable to breathe, and generally thinking this was it, I was going to die. I was initially terrified but then I just looked up at the ceiling and thought: yeah, I'm really going to die...how interesting this is going to get when I finally get to where I'm supposed to go! And then they put the oxygen on me, I was taken to the hospital, and everything turned out ok.

Oh, and I'm sorry I can't reveal the psychic to you, Pisky--I don't want to make any powerful psychics mad at me! Haven't u seen Scanners?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Scanners ... oops ... not nice

I've had hangovers in the past that felt as if my head was exploding, but I'd rather not experience the real thing ... maybe its best you don't tell me after all

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Cassie

This is the most ballsy set of predictions I ever saw on this Forum.

What a fine effort! What great thinking and great expression.

You are the future of ATS. Bona fortuna!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
2012 is nothing to dread. The Mayan's just didn't feel the need to make their calendar any longer (afterall, it was made so long ago) at the time they designed it, it's only logical. As I've said before, Windows XP only goes up to 2099, why would Microsoft design it with a longer calendar? No one will be using it at that time! A logical person would only design a calendar for the length of time they foresee using it. I'm sure the Mayans would have designed an even longer calendar when they saw the need to have one - and it probably would have been even better. I see the Mayans as a semi-logical people, so, it only makes sense.

Isn't it true that they are still unable to decipher the Mayan language? Or was that the Aztec's or the Inca's? I can't remember, but I'm sure it is the Mayan's (I'll look it up) - since we haven't found any Rosetta type stone yet like we have with the Egyptians, which is the only reason why we can read hieroglyphics. So they Mayan's ending calendar date of 2012 means absolutely nothing if we can't even translate their language - it's all hearsay.

Nope, the only problems in the year 2012 will be the Heaven's Gate type cults who say Armageddon is coming and they all commit mass suicides. Or the people that will actually cause something to happen in 2012. Once the loons hear something, they make up anything they can from it and cause those events to occur. If nothing had been said aboud the Mayan's calendar ending on 2012, we wouldn't have people saying that the end of the world is coming 2012 (or a transition into a new age). Also, 2012 would be just another year, that is, IF nothing had been said about the Mayan calendar ending on 2012.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I must add though, nice analyzing Cassie Clay. : ) I wouldn't be so blunt as to say they are predictions though, but that's the only section your post can really belong in, lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
1. Future City in space, a giant space station carrying thousands of people at least and maintain homeostasis

2. There is no such thing as the reality, I believe in right and wrong and a bunch of BS between.

3. If I am alived in 2012 and still finding the occasional barrel Ill be plenty stoked.

4. Brain implants with "memories" could be better than drugs.

5. The smart let the dumb practice whatever "whack" belief system is out there and will be fine if they dont go around recruiting and they dont kill other beings becuase of it, and on top of that they will praise by their peers with the same ideals.
God has one satiristic sense of humor. Our bodies are gonna die and only obeying the 10C's will stop that, if one finds that too difficult the only hope you have left for your so called soul is Jesus. Buddah can ease the pain.

[jrod]

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
jrod

Your point (4) regarding memory implants is extremely valid.

I would still want a paper trail to see where it differs from what I suddenly "know" through my chip.

I am so glad Cassie's excellent debutante post is receiving the attention it deserves.

oba

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
thems are all great answers ...

& I can't argue with them at all

dang

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by oba]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thanks again for all your support. It is very encouraging. It is great to have an outlet for all these concepts and ideas--this isn't exactly the stuff to discuss around the water-cooler at work (as naive me learned the hard way).

EmbryonicEssence, I agree about the term "predictions." The word has a sort of a media-circus/biblical-prophet connotation that is very unfortunate. I think that extrapolating the future is something most people can do--and many do without even realizing it. Some of the best "predictions" and future-thinking ideas are to be found in pop-culture. Movies like The Matrix, X-Men, and (I'm gonna get razzed for this one I'm sure) Harry Potter all have more prophetic elements that we can possibly realize at this moment. These movies prepare us for things that will be commonplace within the next 25 years--and more than preparing our generation, they are really preparing the youngest generations (who will have to deal most directly with these new reality concepts). Is it any wonder that the current entertainment for children is leap-years more complex and mystical and just plain cosmic than anything we encountered when we were kids? How can one compare Scooby-Doo and the Smurfs to Dragonball Z and Harry Potter? Why are today's children able to comprehend such complex ideas while 15-20 years ago we were groovin' to Thundercats and My Little Pony? In 2012, this current crop of children will have just reached adulthood. No coincidence at all.

And memory implants--intriguing. Though such devices will have difficulty meshing with the actual spirit complex of the individual--it will be like introducing a foreign body into the system. Beware the anti-bodies! Such devices as the memory implant will be quite trippy and even enjoyable--they will also produce in some quite marked psychotic reactions. Not that the scientists and big-time corporations marketing such stuff will really care about that, as they rush it out the door for public consumption and lots of $$$.

oba

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
in a way, 2012 is happening right now, but only in a parallel reality membrane.

well, it looks good when I type it anyway.

but really what if 2012 was right now, but we just don't realize it.

actually I WILL have that beer thank you.

oba

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
hi again, cassie-
I have to do a better job of answering your comments.

First- my outlook on the future is best summed up by the goals of something called the Grand Portal.

as best as I might describe it, it would be the stage at which the human population of Earth arrives at defining the soul by means of conventional science.

in other words, defining the non physical reality of a person, which is well known to many non scientists but so far has eluded scientific reasoning.

maybe part of the reason for that is that you're dealing with energy structures, and intelligent ones at that.

the source where I've gleaned most of the info on this has a term called UIS - Underivative Information Structures .

this is actually quantum realm structures that are energetic yet intelligent and underpin even such things as human DNA, which is said to contain many more important qualities than the ones assigned to it so far.

for example, DNA is said to able to transmit information, and to also morph depending on data streams that affect it ...

the other important facet of the Grand Portal is the "macro" side of it. this is where the One Language Intelligent Networks (OLIN) , being the descendant of todays internet and all other communications means, merges into the galactic network, seamlessly..

to enable this, the technology has to improve since light speed comminication won't suffice, of course, for intrastellar distances.

so the network will have to include features that permit communications that overcome all distance hindrances.

my own guess, since it hasn't been exactly spelled out in detail, is that it will require some sort of quantum entaglement technology, where subquantum waves (or particles, they're the same at that level it seems) are able to transmit info irrespective of physical distances.

quantum objects seem to exist independent of time and space, and this seems to be the proving point of this evetual capability.

anyway I'm going to go into better detail on this Grand Portal concept, but it's to answer your take on predicitons for the next few years.

it's been said that the GP is for a timeframe of maybe 50 or 75 years or so, depending.

this is because it might take that long for the Terran science to morph to the needed level where galactic membership is feasible. and seamless of course.

I think it's aknowledged that there will be occasional cabals on Terra that will try to imprede the GP progress (due to the threats it presents to their power structures) , but it's also been seen to work with these similar factors in other worlds where it was successfully acheived.

well I'm going to post a few quotes, next post.

(ps- if you wish for sources, url's etc, please let me know, I'd be glad to supply ... )

best ~~~
robert

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by oba]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join