It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a Copy of YOUR FBI File!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I was curious as to if anyone has actually been able to do this before because I would definitely like to see mine. My family had some problems with the FBI flat out LYING about us years ago and I would like to know what my file says.

So my mom of all people sends me a link to this website

Get My FBI File

Its basically just a bunch of presets you fill out and it generates a printable form for you to send out to various agencies including the NSA.

So is this a legit operation I'm looking at here or is it just a scam to get personal info of gullible idiots like myself?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PlausibleDeniability

as cool as that sounds mine would be boring, I have nothing to hide or do any illegal activity

I dont really care if they know I come here or express disregard to companies or branches of government

other than that im a pretty nice soul

although it might mention that I read too much and miss my bus stop frequently

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
So is this a legit operation I'm looking at here or is it just a scam to get personal info of gullible idiots like myself?

You don't have to fill in anything.

Important! You might not feel comfortable typing in some of the information we're asking for here. That's ok, we understand. Feel free to leave any (even all!) fields blank that you're uncomfortable filling in. Anything you leave blank we'll leave as a "fill-in-the-blank" in your letter. You can then fill in the blanks by hand on your paper letters after you've printed them out.

[edit on 7/28/08 by CO Vet]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hmm...

I wonder if requesting your FBI file will cause you to have a mark on your FBI file. What would happen if they have a legit file on you and were "watching" you? Would they release the info in your file?

Good luck getting your file!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If there really are any X-files within the FBI, I seriously doubt these would available. Just as those who might be classified in another program like the CIA, NSA or NASA.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Unfortunately its there own personal files they don't have to show you anything.
Just like I could keep a file on you and you could do nothing.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I hope nobody was foolish enough to actually fill this in with their legitimate information. This is a con; beware of fraudsters and ID theifs.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Lucidliving]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability

You don't have to fill in anything.

OOPS! You are right, I'm usually do well when it comes to reading comprehension too

I don't see how it's a scam if you don't have to fill anything out.

I guess the only remaining question here is, Has anyone actually done this?

I'm not to concerned about being watched, I just want to see what they have on my family and I. Just curious really. I also would like to know if any of their lies about my mother and stepfather actually sticked or not.

If nobody has has any experience I guess I'll have to be the guinea pig...

[edit on 7/28/2008 by PlausibleDeniability]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
If there really are any X-files within the FBI, I seriously doubt these would available. Just as those who might be classified in another program like the CIA, NSA or NASA.

Well I'm not to concerned with real life xfiles really, and I doubt the FBI would be the one to handle that kind of stuff anyways. But damn did I ever love that show.

I made this thread because I thought the tin hatters here on ATS would be interested in possibly getting any information the government may have on them. Even if its a page with everything blacked out but your name It would still be interesting

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well hell, I'll give it a shot! I'm not paranoid about that kind of thing, but am curious nonetheless. I'll let anyone know how it turns out.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I just looked at the link now and it sure reminds me of those sites you can use to get information on someone. I would ask the FBI and the better business bureau about this site. I wouldn't use it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kneebiter42

Site's no big deal. It's free and you don't have to give up ANY information at all. Very cool service to provide for people. What bothers me is that assuming you did not have have a file, you probably do now. Isn't this like waving a huge banner saying, "HEY, FBI! COME CHECK ME OUT! SNOOP AROUND MY LIFE A LITTLE. I'M PROBABLY DOING SOMETHING YOU ARE AT LEAST VAGUELY INTERESTED IN. HAVE A SWELL DAY!

top topics

join