It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winds of black death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here is the whole letter translated on Al Jezeera:

The following is the translation of the purported al-Qaida linked group which is claiming responsibility for yesterday's Madrid bombings. The statement was published in Arabic in the London based newspaper Al-Quds Al-Arabi.

------------------------------------------------------------
In the Name of God
In its last statement (al-Qaida statement in relation to Baghdad and Karbala bombings) dated 11 Muharam, 1425 Hijri calendar corresponds to 2 March, 2004, Abu Hafs al-Masri brigade promised that it was preparing more attacks.

Here the brigade is keeping its word. The death squad (of the Abu Hafs Al-Masri Brigades) succeeded in penetrating the crusader European depths and striking one of the pillars of the crusader alliance - Spain - with a painful blow. These bomb attacks were part of settling old scores with the crusader Spain for its war against Islam.

Where is America to protect you today, Aznar. Who is going to protect you, Britain, Italy, Japan and other hirelings from us?

When we hit Italian troops in Nasirya (Iraq) and sent you and other hirelings a warning to withdraw from the alliance against Islam, you did not comprehend our warning � now we have made it clear - we hope that it will be understood this time.

We in Abu Hafs al-Masri did not feel sad for the death of the so-called civilians. Is it lawful for them to kill our children, women, elderly and men in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, and Kashmir, and is unlawful for us to kill them back.
(The statement then refers to Quranic verses saying that Muslim should hit back if attacked).

Stop targeting us, release our prisoners, and leave our land, we will stop attacking you. The people of US allied countries have to put pressure on their governments to immediately end their alliance with the US in the war against terror (Islam). If you persist we will also continue� We want to tell you that the Death Smoke squad will reach you soon, and then you will see your dead in their thousands � God willing� This is a warning�

In a separate attack the Jund al-Quds (Soldiers of Jerusalem) targeted a Jewish Masonic lodge in Istanbul. Three top Masons were killed in the operation, and if it was not for the technical failure all the masons would have been killed, but for some Devine wisdom only three were killed. Thanks God anyway.

We would like to tell Bilal bin Rabah Squad that the leadership agreed on the proposal, and when the representative arrives, work will start.

We also would like to tell Abu Ali al-Harithi Squad that the leadership decided that Yemen would be the third quagmire for the idol of the time, America, and to teach the government which comes in the second place after Musharaf, in treason and infidelity, a lesson.

Therefore, all cells are to be on alert. Action will start at (time and code given) � Do not forget to debilitate, do not forget Abu Ali al-Harithi, and do not forget the Muslim scholar who was extradited to Egypt by Yemen Sheik Abd al-Qadir Abd al-Aziz (Sayyed Imam Sharif). He was imprisoned three months after the September 11 attacks.

We want to inform those who kill Muslim Sunni scholars (Ulamaa') in Iraq to come to a halt otherwise �

We would like to announce to all Muslims in the world that 90% of the preparations of operation "wind of black death" designed to be performed in America has finished, and will be performed soon God willing (at the Mujahideen's convenience). Believers will celebrate the victory of God.

Warning to the nation:- Avoid being close to the civil and military installations of America and its allies.
God is great, God is great � Islam is drawing closer by the might of mighty and by humbling the mean.
Signed by "Abu Hafs al-Masri/al-Qaida" and dated 11 March, 2004.

Al-Quds al-Arabi - Aljazeera translation by Ahmed Janabi

english.aljazeera.net...

Its this part that makes me think some sort of explosive:

We want to tell you that the Death Smoke squad will reach you soon, and then you will see your dead in their thousands � God willing� This is a warning�

Who knows it may be both, guess time will tell huh?

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by baked]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
or spread it by using the luggage. They wouldn't even need to get to the people. They could place something biological, chemical, whatever on luggage handles.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The problem with an airborne virus type attack that is contagious and has a dormant time of two or three days, is that there is no assurance that the "travellers" would not end up in the terrorists home country and kill off people in their home country. It is very difficult to predict the exact impact with a communical virus.

They would be better off to release a Ricin media into a crowded area, like the subway attack in Japan. But overall the "terror" factor of that is low. The "attackers" would also become infected and die a horrible death along with the civilian causulties. The terrorists MO when they attack using suicide is a quick death, painless. Like vaporization by a bomb or high speed impact.

Remember that it takes a large storage device to dispense enough chemical agent to affect a large area. Simply opening a jar of Anthrax or Ricin or some other chemical agent and throwing it into the air will only affect a small area.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So we have 'wind', 'black death' and 'smoke'.

I am reminded of something that happened a while ago. Does anyone remember how they were not allowing oil tankers to dock in, I think it was, Chicago? Whatever happened with all that; did it just blow over?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
everyone keeps saying wind as in air current, and granted that's what came to mind. a dirty bomb air blast over the great plains corn/wheat/whatever else fields to be exact... but what if, just what if, this was just said to throw us off? have us looking one way when bam! they throw cyanide (spelling?), stricnyde (spelling again?), arsenic, and whatever else into our water systems! the whole "winds" thing could just be a diversion.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Do we know if the attack in Madrid contained anything biological or cheimcal? Maybe it is still to be discovered. Who really knows how long it would take for us to see these weapons kick into full gear? Those bombs going off could have blasted a lot of biological and/or chemical weapons into the area.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Id be willing to bet that all the testing has been done to determine if ant chem/bio agent was used in Madrid. I also believe that they would have a hard time keeping a lid on something like that.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think it is another empty threat to keep civilians around the world in fear, and in check. Threatening someone after something horrible happened, even if it was years ago, still has a huge effect on them. All these threats are doing is making everyone remember that day and teasing us that it would happen again. I can see them landing few strikes in Europe, but it's much harder in America. Not because of our intelligence, just because we aren't connected with them via land like they are.

I don't believe it's nothing more then a fancy threat, like they have done several times before. Just trying to put us back into the shadow of 9/11. Or it could be them crying wolf over and over and over to make us forget about them and strike again, which would be the best act you could do. But I doubt it, they have too much hate to have patience to do such a thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I was kinda wondering if we would be told if there was anything chem or bio. You're right, I couldn't see how that could be kept from getting out. You're also right in saying it was probably one of the first things they checked for.

It seems like terrorists would at least try to use something chem or bio every time they blew something up. If it doesn't work then they would still have the destruction from the bombs. Maybe they are feerful of some of their own being harmed by the chem/bio stuff.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandalorianwarrior
Do we know if the attack in Madrid contained anything biological or cheimcal? Maybe it is still to be discovered. Who really knows how long it would take for us to see these weapons kick into full gear? Those bombs going off could have blasted a lot of biological and/or chemical weapons into the area.

i would assume that if there were bio/chemical agents, we would have known right away. the effects of such an occurance would no doubt take immediate affect. and so then that would be on the news, and you would have seen everyone there in hazmat suits, as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think it's more than a threat but the threat itself is inteded to have an effect. The war that these terrorists are fighting takes a long time to win. They have to be as sneaky as possible and make sure they are not discovered between attacks. Right when you think they are gone, BAM!!! They hit you and strike fear in your heart. This way you always know they are going to be around and they remain in the back of your mind. The terrorists know they have to continue to strike or else their threats will be idol.

Maybe they did lie about it being 90% finished but they have to be working on something else. If they really are 90% finished that doesn't mean they will attack when their plans are complete. They may have to wait for a date with meaning or something. The letter did say the attack would be at the mujahideens convenience. Who really knows what that could be telling us.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandalorianwarrior
The refineries would make a lot of sense. Where are we dependent on for oil already, especially when we lose some of our homeland reserves?
It would hurt our economy and some wealthy families. Could they get to any of the refineries that the Bush family may be involved with? This would truly hurt us on so many levels. A good theory.

That kind of thing is always possible.
It would hurt the country. But, I'd be willing to make a rather large wager that the world's wealthy will remain largely untouched.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Oil = black
we fight for oil and kill arab people they say

and so they say black death

maybe something to do with blowing up gasstations or oil ref. droping planes in usa oil reserves.???

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Winds of Black Death eh

The first meme that popped in my head
is the old, biblical, link-->
Winds (?wings?) DEATH= = LOCUST Plague !!

~*~ [ i know these AQ soldiers cannot make plagues ]

CICADA-> The two best known in N. America are:

*Magicicada, AKA 17 year locust
*Tibicen , AKA dog day cicada

During 2004, the 'X ' brood of the 17 year locust
will emerge from their burroughs.
This 'X' brood is the most prolific of all the 17 year locusts.
Expect, swarms, even clouds of them to darken N American skies...between June-September !!

The effect being, fear of terrorists may be heightened
as the normal appearance of dormant cicadas,
brings up paranoia and superstisious notions in the
populace....

~*~
find out more
saltthesandbox.org...

www.dancentury.com...
(chart your area by state!)

www.desertusa.com...

############

? I find that some things[predictions] are Event Driven
rather than date driven....and there may well be a
PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE being engaged in Jihad?!

only punctuared with the occassional bombs, poisonings, assassinations, etc

~*~ enjoy your journey

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
black can also mean "great in number"-- referring to death meaning a great number of deaths---
The number of deaths is 2nd in importance in terrorism the first being terror in itself

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Probably means that theyre going to blow a private owned plane with a dirty bomb in it, the radiation would be carried by the wind spreading across the area they were flying over.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is in regards to Mandalorianwarrior. That program you saw about the Japanese and the bombs they were testing... was that the program that showed them using high altitude balloons that travelled using the jet stream to reach North America so they could launch an attack? I remember watching a program like that a year ago or so. It was quite interesting. I think I was hung over when I watched it though, as I don't recall much from it. I remember them testing some new bombs made out of a different material and using balloons to launch them, but not much else.

What if the terrorists use this same technique to launch an attack of this nature on the US? That could possibly be the winds of black death they are referring to. Infect some small insect with the bubonic plague and set them in some capsule and attach it to a balloon and let it travel along the jet stream to reach the US. They could easily send a bunch of them to come down at different points in N.A. and really cause a lot of havoc. After all, who would expect this sort of attack from a balloon? Just a thought...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sounds to me like some Samuel Jackson action.

It probably just sounded like some cool # to say right before you waxed a mother#er.

To put it in Pulp Fiction terms.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Winds of Black Death - Oil fires in Texas?

Texas is the home state of?
(The Bush Family)
Over 50% of US refinery capacity is where?
(Texas)
What did Saddam do following the first Gulf War?
(Set the oil fields on fire)
How secure is the US Mex border in Texas?
(Not!)
How many illegals from "countries of interest" cross the border with Mexico monthly?
(about 300)
What country just reduced oil production?
(Saudi Arabia)
What's happening to gasoline prices right now?
(They're climbing sky-high)
Where will Bush be in June 04?
(France)
Who's having a political convention at the end of June?
(The Democrats and John Kerry)
Who wants John Kerry to win in November?
(The Terrorists)
How was terror used to sway the elections in Spain?
(the Spanish pulled out of Iraq)
Who's having their national convention in Phoenix in June?
(The National Council of La Raza)
When was the WTC attack?
9/11
When was the attack in Spain?
3/11
When is a likely attack in the US homeland?
6/11????
Where is a likely attack in the US homeland?
Texas!

You connect the dots.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Haven't you guys figured out the search feature of this site?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join