It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winds of black death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What do you think this means? The first thing that I though of is black death=black plague. "Winds" may not mean a shifting of air, but rather a 'sweeping' motion like the spread of a disease.

Any ideas?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Where does it come from? The quote I mean? You haven't referenced it very well, so it's next to impossible to decipher any meaning other than pure conjecture.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It comes out of the text , of the letter that was sent claiming the spain bombing.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance.

Winds of black death sounds like bio-terror to me, but it is likely an empty threat. However, I hope all authorities take it seriously.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The black death was the term used in the days of the bubonic plague.
Thats what they called it.
it may be that the terrorists are using this term to refer to the use of bio weapons
i tend to think maybe its a distraction so they can use some other form of terror while were looking for bio weapons
just a theory

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think it has to do with explosions connected to Oil, like an oil refinery or maybe even gas stations or Fuel Trucks.

An explosion of fuel oil, gas, refined petroluem etc causes huge black/ oily fireballs and can be massive. Think the OKC bombing of the federal building but 10 or 100 times more powerful as McVeigh used a fertalizer agent and diesel fuel as his medium. If you were to take a fuel tanker and set it off with some mid grade demolition explosives the resulting explosion would be enormous, add in the sharpnel of the tanker itself and you have a huge mobile anti personal bomb.

Just crash it into a busy multi level shopping mall, right through the entrance door and set it off.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
very good theory robert
i like it
could very well be what there up to
that would be devastating!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was thinking Nuclear Attack.

the winds would carry the radation, thus becomong the winds of black death ?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
bio/chem weapons may be possible.

alqaida do have a back-pack nuke now...(courtesy the ukraine).

now tell me...wings? what kind of explosion sprouts "wings"?
neutron bomb? would be my closest guess...it's a "plague" in a sense that it leaves all infrastructure intact, but kills all life-forms around it.

i'm thinking...a conventional form of the original "bubonic plaque?"
i can't figure why
providing we already have mushroom clouds, perhaps there might be a new weapon evolved that we dont know about?

this is disastrous...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ALQ has used fuel tankers in the past to blow stuff up.

Since they think America is just after OIL in the middle east, they use the term Black for OIL and death because it brings death to both people.

So obviously it is somehow connected to oil, either its production center, or distribution, or retail point of consumption (gas stations) or to be used as a weapon, the very thing the goverment is after from Saudi Arabi, Iraq etc will be used against the goverment as a weapon

OBL seems to like symbolizim and this would hit at the heart of the american public. Make them panic to fill up their car, always looking over their shoulder at Fuel Tankers etc.

Hell it might even drive the price of gas down....

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
wings of black death...could it mean dirty bomb or bio terrorism launched by aircrafts? maybe they are planning more hijackings....somehow I don't think so, but it is just a what if.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It could mean something.

But, it could also mean nothing. Could it not also just be the flowery style sometimes attributed to Al Qaeda? We are used to western more-to-the-point writing here.

Just a thought...ducking to avoid flying objects.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sounded rather Bio-weaponish to me...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It also reminds me of the black clouds that killed the first born in Egypt when lambs blood was not put on a door to that household. Wasn't that one of the plagues the Egyptions were warned about by Moses? It was also believed to be sent by God and maybe the terrorists would like it to appear as if something was sent by their God. That's if that story was ever true. That story being true may not be important if the terrorsits believe in it. This could give them motivation to try and duplicate the event in their own way.

I doubt there is any relation but it's one of the first things I thought of along with the bubonic Plague.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
wings of black death...could it mean dirty bomb or bio terrorism launched by aircrafts? maybe they are planning more hijackings....somehow I don't think so, but it is just a what if.

It could also mean an attack with some sort of Nuclear Weapon.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Also, just a few days ago a interesting show was on the history channel. It was talking about how the Japanese were going to drop clay bombs filled with fleas that were carrying the bubonic plague. The clay was being used for the bomb so that it would not kill the fleas when it exploded. Something like 80% of the fleas survived when the Japanese tested the clay bombs. This is a true story and the Japanese were very close to doing this. The show was saying how it woould have worked.

I know the terrorists probably could not drop bombs but maybe they could use some kind of insect to distribute the bubonic plague, kinda like how the Japanese wanted to. The insects the terrorists would use could be moved by the wind, hence the "winds black death." The Japanese were counting on the winds to spread the fleas after the bombs went off.

This is a crazy attempt to figure it out but I think it's important to have to rule out even the strangest of theories.

I do think Robertfenix has an interesting theory about the oil tankers though.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Mandalorianwarrior]

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
some excellent theories here. Whatever it might be it would have to be pretty big, much bigger then 9/11.

My thoughts are dirty bombs going off next to large oil refineries! Would you work there after that!
Or like Robert suggested, blowing the refineries themselves. If you hit enough of them the petrol in the gas stations will soon dry up and I would imagine it would take a long time to fix/rebuild an oil refinery.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The refineries would make a lot of sense. Where are we dependent on for oil already, especially when we lose some of our homeland reserves?

This would make Middle Eastern oil even more important to us. It could be believed to give some of their home countries a kind of leverage over the US.

It would hurt our economy and some wealthy families. Could they get to any of the refineries that the Bush family may be involved with? This would truly hurt us on so many levels. A good theory.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well when I read it I did not think it was directed towards a specific attack. I think they are trying to say that they will strike again thats all. If taken literally it could mean disease and nuclear power. We shall see what happens. We cant stop everything but hopefully if they are serious, we can stop this. To be honest with you guys I am a little freaked. Living next to a power plant and all kind of keeps me uneasy but, as they say. Terrorist try to scare people and such so I try not to think about "THE WINDS OF BLACK DEATH".

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Omega Pickle]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sound to me like a virus of some sort, maybe not bubonic plague, but possibly smallpox.

Could it possibly mean that evil-doers intend to spread a virus quickly across the country using airports, and subsequently airplanes?

There wouldn�t be any reason to circumvent security in this case. A terrorist could simply spread the virus among travelers in the non-secure parts of the airport.

All Things Bioterror:
Bioterrorism and Bioweapons Special Report

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join